Suttell & Associates,P.S.being threatened with garnishment

I was at work when My fiancee answered our front door and was greeted by a process server. They asked if I lived there, he said yes but I was not home. They tried to give him the papers and he tried to refuse them. The server said he had to take them or he would go to jail. He didn't know if that was true so he took them.
I read the summons and it contained NO court date or even where court would be held or when. I guess it happened on February 18th. Shouldn't I have been given something that told me when and where?

• It
    ITS NOT EASY Mar 08, 2010

The same law firm is garnishing my wages and taking over $800 a month for the next three months. I have just finished graduate school and just found a good job. However, my son and I will be on the streets and all of our other bills / creditors will be also going to collections due to the lawyers office taking everything from me. I can't pay rent. How is this legal? My son and I don't have anything to give. We can barely make ends meet and now- we are loosing our apartment. Where the F... are we going to live?