SuperAmerica / Northern Tier Retail Logo

SuperAmerica / Northern Tier Retail

Having problems with SuperAmerica / Northern Tier Retail?

576 Bielenberg Dr, Suite № 200
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SuperAmerica / Northern Tier Retail.

Complaints & Reviews

SuperAmerica — unethical behavior

I went to the SA store in Lakeville MN, on Keokuk Ave at 4:30 on Saturday 1/28/17 to purchase some Lottery...

SuperAmericastunning verbal abuse and mistreatment of loyal customers

I am still livid and furious two hours after this incident. I am just going to copy and paste what I sent to SuperAmerica's website about this, but I'll remove the names.

To whomever is in charge of customer services issues, I am not a person who normally sends in complaints. This is the first time I've ever felt that I absolutely needed to do so in my entire life, actually. I would like to start by saying that I am probably one of the most "regular" customers that this store has. I live one block away and I come into the store to shop multiple times a day. Before tonight I was an extremely loyal customer. On an average week I probably spend close to seven hundred dollars at SuperAmerica. I have gotten to know all the employees working at this location simply because I come in so often, in fact one of your managers at this location has literally been begging me to come and work with them because we all get along so well! The majority of the staff are such great people that I really liked coming to this store so much. I buy everything from snacks, drinks, gas, cigarettes, lottery tickets and household items from you guys. Even when it isn't the most convenient or the most affordable option I always chose to spend my money with you, and when I think about it, that choice was always made based on the (usually) fantastic customer service I am used to getting there. After tonight I am really unsure as to whether I will be coming back or not. I was treated like trash tonight, like less than a person, I've never received such horrible treatment anywhere in my life. Here is what happened, and I assure you I am not exaggerating - if it hadn't been THIS bad I wouldn't be spending my time writing to you about this.

I came into the store just after 9. The store was busy, and there were only two employees visible. Both were behind the counter, but only one person (the new guy) was on a register. I feel that I should mention here that I am not complaining about him at all. He was only trying to do his job and doing as he was told to by his fellow employee, and I know he is new and still training. When I went to get in the line it was stretching all the way to the back wall, there were about 15 or more people in front of me. This entire time that I was waiting, I was wondering to myself why the other employee behind the counter wouldn't get on one of the open registers to help ring up customers, but I kept that to myself. After waiting quite awhile it was my turn to get checked out. I had planned to fill up a full tank of gas, hand in 3 lottery tickets and buy more and also to purchase cigarettes. At this point the line behind me was just as long as when I had first gotten in it myself, there were people lined up all the way to the back wall again. I handed my tickets to the cashier, and as he went to scan them he finally asked (name removed) could she please help him ring some people up. She was instantly annoyed and started saying to him that lottery customers aren't important and when its busy that lottery customers need to go to the back of the line until every other customer has been helped, and that he needed to tell me this even though I was someone who should "know better". I am a polite person. I make a point of making my purchases in a timely matter and not making other people wait on me, and at the point when he asked her for help he had only spent about 10 seconds on me. She spent a little more time hassling him, all the while all of us are still waiting and no one is being served while she rants at him. Once she finished, she grudgingly got on another register and he somewhat timidly came up to me and said that in the future I will need to go to the back of the line and wait until every other customer has been served. This was repeated to me 3 times throughout my time there. I don't like being treated like trash or "less than" any of the other customers.

My response, said to both of them, is that with the hundreds of dollars I spend at this store every week that at the very least I deserve a place in the line like any other customer. To me, (name removed) then said that wasn't true (exact words were an emphatic "nuh-uh you don't"). She told me "we don't make any money on lottery tickets so technically you're not even a customer and definitely no priority" and again, told me that in the future I will "need to stand at the back of the line and wait until every other customer has been helped". At this point there was no way that I was going to buy a full tank of gas, cigarettes, more lottery tickets, or anything else from the store until something was done about this. The bottom line is, it shouldn't matter what I am buying, or how much I am spending, all customers should get the same treatment and no one should EVER be told that they are less important and much worse, that they will need to stand at the back of the line and let 30 people go in front of them regardless of how long they've been waiting because their transaction doesn't matter to that cashier. I was about to spend close to $200 at your store, but even if I was just spending fifty cents I should've been given the same respect as anyone else. To be told these things really, really upset me.

It mind sound silly but I enjoyed shopping at your store, enjoyed the rest of your employees, and this left me much more bothered than it would've somewhere else because of this. Even worse, is that she was telling a trainee to treat customers the same horrible way. It was obvious that the new cashier did not want to repeat to me what Phyllis told him to tell me, but she was standing there arms crossed glaring at him waiting for him to do so and wasn't going to get on the register to help him ring people up until he did, that was obvious. On top of all that, I didn't appreciate being treated like garbage and called out and shamed like that in front of all the 20+ customers who were waiting in line just like me when I got to the register. She basically told all the people in line that it was my fault that there even was a line at all, even though the line was just as bad when I got to the store. If she hadn't made a scene and spent all that time verbally abusing me, and had just gotten on the other register, things would've moved a whole lot faster! Words really can't describe how furious I was when I left the store and headed to a different gas station to do my business. To be told that I don't deserve a place in line like everyone else, that I am "no priority" and "technically not a customer" because the store isn't profiting off the lottery portion of my purchase (she didn't take the time to find out that I had wanted to buy other things either), to treat me that way in front of all the other customers, and to teach that kind of behavior to a trainee is beyond rude, beyond "poor" customer service, it is simply unacceptable. At any place of business I've worked, this would never be tolerated, regardless of that employees rank or time spent working there.

I have seen her mistreat other customers plenty of other times (I have a memory of a man approaching the register with a lot of items and upon seeing she was the only person there, he went and put back all the things he was going to buy and told his friend he wasn't going to do business with her because of her bad attitude), people have speculated before that she gets some "free pass" due to seniority or something. I've seen the other employees react to situations where she abuses the customers by just shrugging it off "oh that's just (name removed)". But whether or not she despises her customers, it is her JOB to provide CUSTOMER SERVICE. Maybe I am just wasting my time writing to your company about this since she seems to get away with everything, but maybe no one has actually taken the time to report one of these incidents before. I just really can't put into words just how upset and offended I am.

It's too bad because before this event your store was the first place I would go to for any of the goods that are sold there, and I was happy to be a regular customer who came in multiple times a day. I truly hope that someone will tell the trainee that this is a completely unacceptable way to treat your customers and that in the future no one is ever mistreated like this again. It was wrong on so many levels.

I would appreciate a response in regards to this incident. I am considering speaking to the general manager as well. Sorry if my letter was so long and wordy but it feels like words on a page don't really describe the magnitude of what happened or what it was like in the moment. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
(name removed)
"technically not even a customer and definitely no priority"

• Da
      Darla Krutzig Oct 09, 2017

I totally agree! Customer service is not being told to the employees, by their leadership, that it is important! It has been said, and I know it to be true, "CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GOING TO BE REALLY BAD, ONCE THE BABY BOOMERS RETIRE" It is already happening, as you can see, in these emails, customers are being disrespected. If Corporate America, does not "get there heads out of their %&*@#, THEY are the ones that are going to lose.
      "What is Corporate America waiting for?" Tell your employees that if they do not like people, and cannot say simple things, like Hello, Please and thank you, they should work in a cubicle!

Speedway SuperAmericaHorrible manager!!!

I have recently ended my 4 1/2 year rein as a pretty badass full-time 3rd shift Customer Service Rep at a Speedway. Your probably wondering why I would quit a full time job in this economy...thats pretty rare these days. Well people I couldn't take it anymore. I am a human being and there is a point in life when people push you to close to the edge and you just cant take anymore ### and you either collapse from the weight or explode(usually resulting in an office shoot-em-up episode). I have experienced this push off the edge from one manager by the name of Sharon(or as I like to refer to her as the demon spawn seedling of satans ###). This woman, I kid you not, has no soul and to my belief gets her jollies from belittling people and sneering at them from behind her sad excuse for a desk. She would spend most of her day standing at this desk and acting as though it was a giant throne on which only her very large buttocks can be stuffed onto. While I was working at this barely-passable excuse for an establishment I realized real quick how this woman functions. Basically if you piss her off (which in my case was requesting 1 day off 3 weeks in advance) she wouldn't say a word to you...she instead would make a mental note of what just occurred and develop such a scowl on her face that I'm sure had to be a bit painful. Later as she's filling out the schedule she would remember how you have allegedly wronged her and exact her revenge..in the ways of cutting your hours of course. But this is not the only way she would avenge herself...sometimes she just liked to look you in the face with her dead beady little eyeballs and tell you about how much of a ### job you do(keep in mind please that this chubby Sloth from The Goonies look-alike never actually cleaned or ran register or did anything). Another enjoyable pass time for her was to take you around the store and point out the areas where you should have sanitized or dusted..Im telling you she did the wipe the finger across the counter bit! But no amount of cleaning can subdue this horrendous ogre of hells fire...One night I got a bucket of scalding hot bleachy water and proceeded to scour every surface in the store until it was sparkling brighter than Mr. Cleans dome piece. When she arrived early that morning she began to screech at me about how I forgot to stock the cigarette cases while I was scrubbing the store. Needless to say after that day I stopped trying so hard and scooped up my last bit of self respect and started filling out job applications. This woman..if she could be called so...is a horrendous excuse for a manager. The fact that I still see her to this day squeezed into that black manager uniform infuriates me to the point that I could punch a youngling in the face and feel no shame.

Speedway SuperAmerica — Misleads Customers

All the Louisville stores hang big signs that promises Marlboro cigarettes in stock or you get a $10.00 Gift...

Speedway super america — age discrimination

The speedway on state road 933 in south bend indiana was holding open interviews. The hiring age for any...

SuperAmerica — verbal abuse of employees

On numerous occasion I have witnessed as a Customer repeated verbal abuse with much profanity by a...

Becker

Speedway SuperAmerica — harassment

My son was recently fired from a super america . He was constantly targeted by the regional manager. So now...

Speedway SuperAmerica — bad management

i was an employee for speedway super america for over a year. i went from being a csr to shift lead 1 then...

Evergreen Park

SuperAmericatargeted for termination

I feel like my district manager targeted me for termination. He literally wrote me up for EVERYTHING and then would tell me that it wasn't a corporate need but a Blue Cube need. Whatever.

If you feel like you have been targeted by SuperAmerica please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

I feel that I was unfairly terminated and it occurs to me that I may not be alone in this problem.

• De
          deej207 Feb 18, 2011

There is a lawsuit that is pending in Minnesota against CarHop and other buy-here-pay-here car dealerships. I hope they get what's coming to them.

Speedway SuperAmericaKept giving me the run around without even knowing what i wanted

I went to speedway to fill up my gas tank. I put $15 in the tank, and the needle read that i was on half. I drove for all of 5 minutes before my car ran out of gas. I had to call i tow truck! As soon as I got home I checked it for leaks. No leaks, so I called the station to tell them about their faulty pump. I was put on hold for 30mins until they finally picked up the phone and told me the manger left at 1pm. I had called them at 12pm and it wasn't even 1 yet. They kept giving me the run around without even knowing what i wanted. I haven't been able to get a hold of any managers for 3 days. I called corporate and am now awaiting a response.

SuperAmerica — gas rewards

We sent in the required receipts for the two months and were to receive two pre-paid cards valued at $25...

Speedway SuperAmerica — Scam and cheating

Speedway is unfair to their employees. They tell you one day that your doing a great job, and the next they...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices