Complaints & Reviews

Suddenlink Communicationsgetting services installed after I have paid my money

I am in the Red Oak, NC area and I have been trying to get services with Suddenlink since back in June 2018. I tried about 2 years ago and all of my services got cut off at Centurylink before even getting them installed with Suddenlink it was back and forth them saying it was the other ones fault. So I thought I would give them another try. So I spoke with a young lady back in June and she stated she would go ahead and get my fiber drop done and out of the way because I would be a new customer in the area. They installed the fiber drop on July 3 no one from Suddenlink called and said we can now install your services. So I called back around July 23 to see if I could get and install date they kept saying we have to do the fiber drop I said no its already done they kept saying no it isn't. In the. mist of this Centurtylink cuts my phone and internet off saying they see I am importing my number. So I called Suddenlink back Well we went round and round then I was told I had two accounts one shows the fiber drop the other one doesn't. Finally I get an appointment for 8/1/18 from 4-6. Technician comes and he says I can't do anything because you need a box at the back of your house and the line has to be connected to the pole. I called back again and told now it was pushed out to 8/13. I have called and spoken to Heather in tech support I'm going to get this escalated that was on 8/3 went to the Suddenlink store in Rocky Mount on 8/3 they were going to send a message to the Manager but he was in Greenville and he would call me back. Well never heard from him either. Heather never called back. I have called everyday and still no cable, internet or phone. They told me they was sending someone out on 8/7 to install the box and connect the line to the pole. I have seen no one. Called back again they are going to send someone out on 8/9 to install the box behind my house and connect to the pole I have not seen anyone. Jessica stated she sees the order but it pending they will get my box installed on 8/9 she stated she would call me back no call. I called back on 8/10 spoke to Cory another supervisor he stated I will send them another message I am in Texas it is nothing I can do you can continue to wait or I can cancel the order. Grant you I paid for the services on 7/30 or 7/31 it is August 12 still no service or a date when I may get services. All I get is nothing when I called but we will sit up another appointment but they never show up and if they do show up we never see them or see any work that has been done. I am so over it. It has been the worse ordeal ever. All I want is my services installed and to be able to enjoy them and if they can't do it refund my money and don't ever contact me again and stop sending me stuff in the mail. On 8/9 I had a rep called from Suddenlink wanting me to sign up for HBO or Cinemax at a great low price but I haven't any had the services installed. There is probable more than a page worth of notes on my account Friday 8/10 I spoke to Jovanna Corey and Tanner still with no resolution or a call back to say anything, Please help.

Suddenlink Communicationsservices

Came home this evening to zero services, no phone, no cable, no security, no internet. Called and they said all looked good on their end, they will set appt for someone to come out 4 days from now. Later I walk out to the street and they have hooked up neighbor today and dropped line to their house and disconnect my line and cut at the box!! I call and they could care less. Said they will get a supervisor to call me tomorrow. A joke.

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet

I could benefit with suddenlink internet at my home. I had this service butt recently moved and it's not available at my addresss. I know its available at locations close to me. I would love to know what I need to do to get this service. They are several people that live in this area that would order the service. We have frontier now and the internet is way too slow. I need fast internet for my job. Please help. [protected]@hotmail.com

Suddenlink Communications — suddenlink contractors

Suddenlink contractors have been working in our neighborhood for the past two weeks & EVERYDAY they cut the...

Suddenlink Communications — internet services

I have had 9 technicians out for poor service. On Friday 8/11 #10 will be sent out. I'm on month 4 for my...

Suddenlink Communications — suddenlink tech scheduled for service 3 times, all no-show, service still out 1 month later

- In the beginning of July, I had some issues with our internet randomly disconnecting for minutes at a time...

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet

When I called I was given this deal which I documented in my phone. These are the notes:

$34.99 for 100 mg with $40 install OR
        $44.99 for 200 mg with free install
        Ask what regular price is because that's what it will
        increase to at 13 months.

No contract -- what does this mean?
        Do I need a modem? My TV and laptop both have
        built-in modems, don't they?

When I reviewed my bill, they had charged me 54 99 for 400 megabytes, they had charged me an install fee of $40, and they had added $10 for the box rental, and $10 for unlimited internet. I have called them 9 times to discuss the bill and the poor service (it cuts out 5 to 10 times a day and I have to unplugged the box and then plug it in again). They could offer me nothing except to cut my power in half and lower the bill $10.

Now that found my notes, I want to call back and argue that they shouldn't have charged me the install fee and that they gave me higher mbps than I ordered. I had ordered the 200 megabytes.

Worse yet, they gave me absolutely no satisfaction. It was a run around and a script and they even got insulted with me and accused me of not listening to them when I asked them to please listen to my actual question instead of just guessing it what the question was. it was an awful experience after which I was crying and frustrated and upset for the rest of the day.

What can I do?

Suddenlink Communicationsservice call, having to pay for their equipment malfunctions

I had a Suddenlink contractor come to my house to fix an internet issue. The issue was the box/router. The contractor fixed the issue. I just happen to say to him, "You aren't going to charge me are you?" I asked him this because I was charged a few months prior for another issue involving a Suddenlink contractor. THIS IS FRAUD. When a contractor finishes his work, THEY GIVE US NO PAPER WORK. WE SIGN NOTHING. If you get charged the $60 service charge, you can complain. But, I have had several Suddenlink employees tell me that the complaint will go back to the contractor and they have the final say. So, what do you think they will say? They say, that they remember that specific house and call (even though they work hundreds a week and the complaint may not make it back to them until a month or more passed the day they came to your house). SUDDENLINK WILL NEVER CREDIT YOU FOR THE SERVICE CALL. It is a scam. They want you to pay the $6.99 per month for maintenance. The customer has no protection. We are at the mercy of whatever the contacter wants to put on his paper and never get to see it or must sign for it. Buyer beware.

Suddenlink CommunicationsProduct and customer service

Suddenlink installed service in November, the cable tv was fine however the internet and telephone service only worked minimally, maybe 10 percent of the time. I was told to call the installer to avoid any service charges. The installer did not return any phone calls. I had difficulty calling suddenlink, I went through this automated process repeatedly on hold never speaking to a real person. Eventually I talked to a very rude person whom made me feel it was my problem and not the service.

Suddenlink CommunicationsCustomer Service

I cancelled the cable portion of my service unfortunately I still have the internet. I called to cancel the TV portion on July 15, 2018 they said we will nd a box to return the cable box. Neve arrived so they charge m $265 for the box. I call and they then say sending a return box or prepaid label is impossible in my area I do liv in a remote state of OHIO. What a joke this company is. So now I have to send he box back on my dime. Gee thanks for being our customer. I will spend the res of the ay finding a way to cancel the internet. How you are still in business is beyond me.

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet

I just payed my bill for the first time this month. It has been working very amazing until Sunday the 29th the day it was due. After I payed it it has been freezing and acting up like every ten minutes. It worked perfectly fine until I gave you guys money. I looked to see if there was an outage in the area but it says everything is fine. I would like you to please fix this because I just payed $73 for your "best internet" services and it is not the best

Suddenlink Communications — tv / internet / phone

SUDDENLINK Date Time Spoke To: Call Duration: Notes 7/24/2018 8:08am Tatiana 20 mins Called and spoke to...

Suddenlink Communicationscable tv and internet

Suddenlink Communicationsall

Called on July 18 2018. I am disabled and have an ATT cell phone which needs a microcell to work 99% of the time. The microcell uses the Internet to assist in the calls. On the 18th TiVo was not working on remote TVs and phone line that is from suddenlink was out. Called Suddenlink and was also told I also had a spike in power over my service. They could not get a service technician to my house before I left town but could get a line technician to check the pole to see why I got the power a spike. They said the scheduled appointment was on the 23-24 of July to check the pole. While I was gone internet went out so I could not control my nest thermostat to cool my house down before I returned (The nest is a internet controlled thermostat so you can adjust it from your phone while at home or out of town all you need is internet and my phone has great internet, suddenlink not so). Needless to say the house was 80 degrees when we got home in central Louisiana where the heat index is over 108 degrees daily in the summer. Called suddenlink and they said they would have somebody come out on Sunday, time came and gone so I called about my appointment and they said they miss spoke and it would be Monday, but they would send someone to check the pole. The order request to check the pole was 23-24 of July not the 30th. (WTF). I did complain the my modem was flashing more lights than a Christmas tree and they said it was over three years old and they had problems with them and it needed to be replaced. I asked why they had not scheduled for that to be done and they responded it was up to the customer to do that. Well l have problems with their service every couple of months and have to manually reset the modem and call them, but I guess I never asked to have my faulty modem replaced and I guess it's not up to them to tell them their job and insist on a new one. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. My first experience with them in this house was after my old house got flooded with about six feet of water and moved into this house that at the time we were flipping. Every toy my daughter had was soiled with waste water(oil, gas, insecticides, sewer water and so on, so everything was thrown out). We had our services transferred to our new house and it took ten days. Two days after it the service was connected my daughter told me her tv went out. I went outside and they had sent a service man terminate our service. They sent him out with a paper list of houses that did not have service that was weeks old and he was going around disconnecting houses from the service poles, They evidently got their list prior to the ten days of me having my service change and paying an outrageous disconnect and reconnection fee and the new service turned on, they were using a very, very, very old list. They disconnected my service and when I stopped and asked the service technician what he was doing and showed him the paperwork I received when I had the services moved, he wouldn't even call the office to verify what I was showing him was accurate. This was Saturday and He told me to call the office Monday and they could straighten it out, that would have meant no phone, no internet and no TV until they could schedule some to fix their [censored] up. To bad for him he pulled his truck was pulled a little to far down the driveway so I pulled my F250 right to his pumper and said when the tv comes on I'll move my truck and I turned around and went inside. He then called and had put the cable acrossed two poles to the main service to get it back to my house and working again. So of course I moved my truck. I never got an apology or even a call and that was probably the best service I have had in ten years. When I did get them to add another line which they new was going to have to be in the attic they came in the afternoon and said that they were not allowed to go in attics after 10:00 because of the heat and I would have to reschedule, so I volunteered to go in the attic and drill the hole to run the cable thru the attic and down the wall (I didn't even get a thank you). He made the whole in the wall to run the cable out and it looked like he put his fist through it (pictures below) and used a little wall cover that didn't even cover the hole. After I complained they ordered and brought a doubled size wall outlet to fix it, it fell of the wall one week after that. I just wish it was not a monopoly on cable here because they would be out of business ( it rains to much for direct tv to be efficient ). I wish ATT 2 wire would come to this area. The real SAD thing is I have been a customer For over 30 year and they treat you like s**t, what ever happened to customer loyalty!!! And to top it off so they would not have to trim a tree (there job) they looped my cable line down the main line then to the pole closer to my house, I guess it's some sort of new engineering. Picture include also!

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet

I was supposed to get service hooked up on Friday, July 27, 2018. The tech got here Friday morning & tells me he's not gonna be able to service it because my house is in between two main lines. so i get on the phone and contact the office & they didn't have an answer. so i called back today and i was informed that service would not be available to me. I was told multiple times & have a voicemail from the girl who set me up saying i needed to send in my final bill & my termination fee BEFORE my install. so i send all that info in before he gets here & when i called to cancel my other services they charged me my termination fee of $310 which i had to pay that day. I'M PISSED. i would like my $310.00 that Suddenlink was going to pay for me switching services. It's NOT my fault i was told i could get service & then the guy comes out to install and all of a sudden he can't service my house. Never once was i told i might not be able to get service. If i don't get my $310.00 back or service to my house i will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Suddenlink Communicationsbilling and netflix

We whent two out of the now 4 moths without any equiment. Never have you guy paid for are netflix that came with the bundle and they were supposed to credit are account for thoughs two months. We now have a bill over 2000 dollars.We have cancelled are cable and just want Internet, we were told it would be took care of by are next bill and it has not.

Suddenlink Communicationsservice and billing

I canceled Suddenlink June 26..I then returned equipment and they told me I still had service ..I requested again to cancel service..I asked to check and make sure it was canceled..They said it was..I get a bill this morning for 2 months of service..I call and they say it is still in service and to wait 2 more days so it will go into next months billing cycle..What kind of idiots do they hire there ?

• Lo
                              Louise Thompson Aug 14, 2018

I cancelled my Suddenlink tv. I wanted to keep my home phone and internet which I have done. Suddenlink kept billing me for 3 cable boxes. I have 1 not 3. Now I will pay for internet and house phone. The representative saw the cables as I laid them on his desk. He never said a word. Then he said I should take them back home and rehook them back up BECAUSE I would have to pay for the rest of the month . WHY? I got the tv cables back to the Suddenlink store on August 12th.. The representative also said Suddenlink had removed the other 2 boxes from my billing. Where do I contact Suddenlink for a refund. Its not the company . The company clearly needs better trained people. They need people who actually tell you what your contract with Suddenlink says. If I cannot afford the TV or if I have hospital coming up, WHY have TV ?

Suddenlink Communications — customer billing & satisfaction is pathetic at best

Customer Satisfaction "We Promise" is poorly demonstrated by Suddenlink. This slogan should be removed from...

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet down

yesterday july 22 2018, sunday power and internet went down. power took about 3.5 hrs to come on, internet was never worked on. you call suddenlink all it says is there is an outage in my area, no [censored]. the interruption was down the street and there were no big storms, its been 13 hrs and counting and suddenlink has sent no one to fix the internet line in my area. suddenly needs to inform people how long till a repair crew actually gets to area to make repairs, how long it will take, and automatically credit you for the down time because we the customer shouldn't have to pay for service time we are not getting, and shouldn't have to call and argue with them to get credit for a known outage, this is [censored].

Suddenlink Communicationstv and internet service

We have had technicians out to the house on multiple occasions. The internet we are paying for deserves the correct speed. WiFi dropped all the time. Speeds are not what we pay for. Also the picture on our channels break up and freeze and pixelate all day. Something must be done or we will be changing providers. The techs keep saying it might be wiring but never replaces. Might be ampage on taps but never does anything about it.