Subaruoverly high costs

D

Parts prices and up selling service has gotten so bad that I plan to never do parts and service at subaru again. $84 for wipers?! That's insane
Change resevoir brake fluid ($80)?! Nobody does that on a brand new car. I can't trust then enough to send my wife in for service, and that's sad because I love the car.
Should have bought a toyota venza

• Dc
    DCompau Dec 15, 2011

I've never paid $84 for wipers at Toyota, nor been tricked into service not needed

• Su
    subaruofpuyallup Dec 15, 2011

Mr Compau, This is Rob from Subaru of Puyallup. I just reviewed your paperwork and unfortunately the wiper blades for your 2010 Outback are not readily available via aftermarket distributors but can be easily sourced from Subaru directly resulting in a slightly higher price. But I am slightly confused by your "change reservoir brake fluid ($80)?! nobody does that on a brand new car" and "nor been tricked into service not needed" comments. I spoke with your Service Advisor and reviewed your paperwork and there was no mention of trying to "upsell" you any additional services while you were here. Please feel free to contact me directly at Subaru of Puyallup if you would like to discuss your concerns further.