Menu

reviews & complaints

StubHub Complaints Summary

67 Resolved
284 Unresolved
Our verdict: With StubHub's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for StubHub has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of StubHub. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

StubHub complaints 351

Sort by:

Newest StubHub reviews & complaints

B
5:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I Purchased 2 tickets for Morgan Wallen concert June 14, 2023 at PNC Park Pittsburgh. This show was postponed by artist. We were unable to use the tickets on new dates due to being back at school. Called Stubhub to see what we could do. They only offered to put them up for resale. We put them up for resale as they suggested. We kept lowering the price thi...

P
4:43 pm EDT

StubHub Unable to access tickets

I purchased tickets for the Leanne Morgan show on 7/21. the show was to start at 7pm.

Upon arrival I opened my phone to access the tickets and could not. The message I continually got on the screen was try again later. Ok..waited tried again and again and again. We tried to call customer service. I could not get through . No ring, no msg nothing . I gave my phone to a gentleman working the will call window who was supposed to be a wizard at this, he was not.

So, tried again several times and could not access my events, not anything.

I called c.s. now and the rep kept asking me why I didn't call then. I tried. I tried everything i knew. Well "you should have sent an e-mail". And I should have known that how?

I am very unhappy. I am out $300.00. I didn't see the show and I will never use Stub Hub again. And, I will highly recommend to my friends not to use this company.

Desired outcome: I would be extremely happy with a refund.I already received the "unfortunately" story more times than I can count. And an apology. That really does not help me in any way. I know you are sorry. You are just not as sorry as I am.

8:27 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a 3 day "pass" for a concert costing $620 ($480 ticket + $140 SH fee) - it arrived in the form of a bracelet with no corresponding use/entry instructions or warnings. My son simply picked it up to look at it & inadvertently moved the tiny blue bead which tightens the band on the wrist - not knowing that it was apparently designed to lock in...

1:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I posted a pair of tickets and a duplicate account was accidentally created using my apple ID. So the pair of tickets were posted twice. I did fulfill the order and transfer the tickets in the account I knew about and Stubhub is withholding $1,700 from me, claiming I did not fulfill my order. There were only ever 2 tickets. I called several months before...

O
7:31 pm EDT

StubHub Purchased tickets to a concert, they were obstructed.

I purchased 2 tickets for the Beyonce concert in Charlotte. The information on Stub Hub stated that the tickets did not have an obstructed view. They did. Our seats were on the side and behind the stage. We could not see the screen or any of the entertainers. It was my daughters first concert. I was so embarrassed. I wanted to leave before the concert was over. The seats in section 108 should have never been sold. No one in the section 108 could view the concert. As you can see from my pictures, there was raised seating in front of us as well. There were other concert goers and a full bar with bartenders also obstructing our view. I do have video, however, I could not attach it. I really don't think you need it though. It is pretty obvious that our view was obstructed, and the tickets that we purchased stated that they were not.

[protected]@YAHOO.com

Desired outcome: I would like to be reimbursed for the tickets and all fees.

1:26 am EDT

StubHub Soccer event tickets

I bought 7 tickets from StubHub, for Real Madrid vs Milan in LA, when I get there, guess what? All 7 tickets didn't show in the system, AXS told me, StubHub, didn't send it to them, nothing they could do to me, wasn't only me in the stadium who had the problem, me and 20 / 25 persons had the same problem, I had to buy every seven tickets again, and I saw when I bought the ticket in the stadium, in the StubHub was over price too.

I am really disappointed with StubHub, I did two orders, first order was 4 tickets and the second order, was 3, but they offer me only 25% of the second order, the cheaper order, in the voucher, after two weeks of trying to get my refund, they just said,

“We don't owing anything to you, we can offer only 25% of one order, the cheaper one, if you want, because of our policy, you contact us only one day, after the event”

Obviously, I did contact them

One day after the event, the first think, they did me lose half-game, because AXS couldn't find my tickets, because StubHub, didn't send them to AXS, second think, why I didn't contact them on the same day, at the stadium in the game day, had no internet, I leave from there almost midnight, because of traffic. Now they telling me that, because of me, they have nothing owing me, only 25% of $648.97, if I want.

I spend with StubHub almost $1600, +$1200 (I bought them, on the front of the stadium, in a better location than StuHub every seven tickets again), after two weeks of trying to get my refund, they offer me $162.24, and said, we don't owing you anything, wasn't our mistake, total disrespect with the customer and changing us, over princes tickets too, I'll never use StubHub again.

Don't buy from them, they are over price, if you have a problem, you gonna lose 75% of your amount. Because is their policy.

Desired outcome: My full refund for both orders.

9:24 pm EDT

StubHub NFL Tickets purchased twice and cancelled twice

On 08-06-23 I purchased 2 tickets for $696.69 in the morning I received an email stating that the tickets were cancelled. On 08-07 I received an email stating that the tickets were available for purchase again, and once again I purchased 2 tickets for $696.69 in an hour I received an email stating that the tickets were cancelled again! I spent an hour trying to reach a person from stub hub to get my refund, an hour and half later I finally spoke with someone who, that i would get a full refund. Great with the exception that it could take as long as 10 days to receive. I spent hours trying to resolve this issue and now you expect me to wait ten days while you have my money that you took from my account within one minute! I want my money back immediately to be able go and purchase from a honest company, if not I will spend every hour i can to file complaints and tell as many people as possible about the con artist manner of treating people as if were all stupid about what your doing to people that cant afford to wait ten days for our money back!

Desired outcome: REFUND MONEY IMMEDIATELY!!!

1:47 pm EDT

StubHub Selling tickets

Had four tickets for sale. One sold with no problem. Sold two and was immediately prompted to transfer, which I did. 1 week later buyer hadn't accepted them. We then received an email saying due to buyer issues, we cancelled the sale. We immediately cancelled our two tickets, thinking our account had been compromised. It turns out they sold one ticket and didn't notify us, but that was the ticket they cancelled. We relisted the two tickets, however they never showed up on Stubhub for sale. When I called they said your listing is on there, and after that it appeared. Today I received an email saying I'm being charged $486 for the non sale of the two tickets. Deceitful manipulation of their sales. SELLER BEWARE

Desired outcome: Refund

Read full review of StubHub and 1 comment
1 comment
Sherrylc
, US
Aug 07, 2023 6:13 pm EDT

i am having the same issue. SH even sent an email stating the buyer never recieved notification - i yet I am being charged for their mistake. And the mailing address hasn't been on Fremont for about a year - yet there is no other location listed to write to them. Sounds shady to me.

3:36 pm EDT

StubHub Concert tickets

Purchased tickets 03/16/23. Told we would get tickets day before concert. At the venue we were told to go to the help desk, the tickets were not sent. Not only did we miss the first act but had to purchase inferior tickets further away from the stage with a face value of $136.25 each. I paid $919.26 and was told I would have a credit coming. To date nothing! Order #[protected] richard saffin 154 windy sails ln sharps chapel tn 37866

Desired outcome: refund

L
1:55 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub Refund for buyers service fees and rude customer service

I purchased tickets for the Beyoncé Renaissance concert order # [protected], to be held on July 29, 2023. Due to illness. I had to sell the tickets online through Stub Hub which is the same site that I purchased the tickets. When I initially spoke to a representative, regarding selling the tickets, I was told that once the tickets were sold, I would be able to get my buyers fees back into my account because they were going to charge the person that bought the tickets from me, buyers fees. I called to let them know the ticket sold and to return my buyers free fees of 322.48. The first call when I asked to speak to a supervisor because I felt like I wasn’t being helped. The young lady put me on hold and then never came back to the phone and hung up the phone on me. The second call I was able to speak to a supervisor that was very arrogant and basically was telling me well I’m sorry that whoever you spoke to told you that you can get your money back but, we don’t do that. I would like to get my 322.48 back for tickets that were sold because the person that purchase the tickets from me will also be charged a buyers fee and I do not wanna be out $322.48. Please refund

Desired outcome: Please Refund my 322.48. The amount I paid for Buyers fee.

1:18 pm EDT

StubHub Concert tickets

On May 2, 23 I ordered and paid over $1,000.00 for tickets to Aerosmith in October. I have the confirmation for Section Row and Seat numbers.

On July 13th, I received an email directing me to "accept" the WRONG tickets!

My confirmation is for Section 108

Row 28

Seats 1-2

They are trying to force me to accept middle of the row seats 13 and 14. I have attached both my confirmation and the email attempting to force me to accept the wrong tickets.

When I contacted Stub Hub about this Jorge, supposedly a supervisor lied to me, blew me off and said that because the tickets were "comparable" I had to accept them, I have no choice. Said they would not even contact the seller about misleading me and taking my money for better seats (aisle) and then attempting to force me to accept less valuable (middle of the row).

I purchased my tickets months in advance, Paid over $1000.00 for them and I expect the tickets I ordered. This was to be a VERY SPECIAL present for my husband. It is unacceptable that they could take advantage, lie to me, take my money, then blow me off

Desired outcome: I want a telephone call from someone in authority to remedy this as well as, the tickets I ordered or better.386.804.8925I am available by test, phone or email day or night

Read full review of StubHub and 1 comment
View 0 more photos

There was NO steps or efforts to even contact me, much less resolve the problem!!! Why would you mark it resolved???!!!

1 comment
D
D
Devastated and Annoyed
Wyomissing, US
Sep 02, 2023 4:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I paid for 2 tickets to Aerosmith as a gift for my fiancé. I paid over $1500 dollars for great seats. When I went to download tickets- the next screen said PAGE NOT FOUND. I tried all different ways and with various laptops and phone. Still- Page not found. I called stub hub- they cancelled and did new order number... and nothing showed up. Suspiciously, the seller was unavailable to resend tickets.

I was sent alternative tickets comparable! Tell me how primo section 114 seats 3-4 ,compares to BEHIND THE STAGE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! oh wait, they "threw in" a $28 voucher!

I will NEVER go through Stub Hub again.

At least they allowed me to request a full refund

3:07 pm EDT

StubHub Fraudulent buyer

I purchased a ticket to the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic (June 3, 2023) directly through Veuve Clicquot. When I realized that I couldn't go, I listed the ticket on StubHub (and only Stubhub, no other sites.) The ticket was quickly purchased and after waiting the required 5-8 days after the event, I was paid. Weeks later, the "buyer" tried to fraudulently claim an issue with the ticket. I immediately provided proof of purchase to StubHub. At no point did StubHub provide any proof of an issue with the ticket, however its representative, Jeremiah, continued to use language indicating a definitive problem, despite my repeated assurances that the ticket was real, valid and only sold using StubHub. After further research, I learned about a frequent and known scam perpetrated by some buyers who use StubHub, in which they claim a false issue with the purchased tickets in order to get a refund. StubHub demanded that I provide a scan report from the venue, even though the "venue" in this case is actually a state park. Jeremiah refused to respond to my request for the "buyer" to provide said report as proof that there was even an issue. It's clear that StubHub is helping to defraud sellers and offering no protections against this ongoing scam.

Here is another instance of a user on this platform experiencing the same thing:

Desired outcome: I want the fraudulent buyer banned from StubHub, an apology from StubHub and something to compensate me for the time I've wasted arguing with them.

2:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub High fees for cancelled ticket sale

I put up my Iron Maiden tickets for sale for their concert at Leeds First Direct Arena on 28th June. Due to sustaining an ankle injury, I advertised my tickets to sell on Stubub. As per their policy, there is an administrative fee of 25£ if a seller is unable to deliver the tickets to the buyer.

Due to uncertainty in whether the tickets would be bought, I gave it to my work colleague. Stubhub was informed immediately after. However, the tickets were given to the colleague right around the time of the buyer purchasing tickets on stubhub. Stubhub took a few days to look at my email to them and to let the buyer know that I can't provide the tickets.

They are now claiming that I need to pay 82£ in administrative fees. They claim that this is in their policy because they had to refund the buyer. However, nowhere in their policy does it state anything about this massive amount.

Desired outcome: I am happy to pay the 25£ admin fee that they have initially advertised.

11:28 am EDT

StubHub Not Paid for Sold Tickets

I sold tickets on StubHub and was supposed to received a payment of $585 from company. However, I ended up receiving a payment of $2.88. When I contacted the company I was told they withheld $582.12 from a previous order that did not go through. I never received any payment from previous order and company simply stole $582 from me. Despite numerous calls and being told, "we understand and we are sorry" the company refused to pay me for the tickets I sold. This company are thieves, I should have not done business with them after reading about the class action lawsuit. Hard lesson to learn as it cost me $582. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STUBHUB BUYING OR SELLING AS SOONER OR LATTER THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF.

Desired outcome: Receive payment for ticket sold

10:22 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub Selling tickets then not having seller transfer tickets

Bought tickets for Manchester United vs Real Madrid 3 tickets for 1515 dollars May 18th. Email came stating tickets were transferred . Failed at ticketmaster. Stub hub customer service states seller cancelled transfer. They will not address the tickets ie refund or new tickets until day before the event. They will not give a refund or allow me to pick another set of tickets. I am traveling a long distance and cannot wait until the day before to know if I have tickets for the event.

My impression is that the scam is they allow sellers to sell the tickets then cancel the transfer and resale the tickets each time stub hub is getting a their fee. Then offer left over tickets the day of the event and collecting fees all along the way. With no recourse by the customers to get money back because they are supplying some form of a ticket but not the tickets that were bought.

Please correct me if I am wrong but this sounds like a scam/fraud.

Desired outcome: Refund

2:39 pm EDT

StubHub Posts getting removed

I’m posting about the facts of my experience here as a warning to others, since I have tried to do the same on the StubHub community forum and the company removes my posts every time (why would they do that, I wonder?). I purchased front row tickets to Dead & Company at Saratoga Springs on June 18, 2023 about 9 months prior for $3,000 total (2 tickets, plus StubHub’s massive “service fees”). I also booked a hotel in Saratoga for the event since the venue is about a 4 hour drive from my home. On June 17 (24 hours before the show) when the tickets were scheduled to be transferred, they did not arrive. I spent probably 3 hours attempting to speak to customer service, being put on hold and getting dropped. I was told by customer service that they had spoken to the seller / owner of the tickets and that he would “resend” them (although I had not received an email in the first place). This was not true, and over the next day and multiple calls to customer service, StubHub finally admitted 5 hours before showtime that they did not have PIT tickets to give me (which I paid for 9 months prior). They offered me $30 lawn tickets as a replacement! I thought they were joking. Meanwhile, they listed many orchestra level tickets on their site that they would not offer as compensation. This would seem to contradict their claim that they “go above and beyond” to replace tickets. Basically, StubHub will take your money for tickets and give themselves a one-way option to sell them at a higher price later if they can, and will only tell you a few hours before your event that you don’t have the tickets you thought you had paid for, had planned around and were waiting for. Sure, they might give you a refund weeks later, but meanwhile you are missing the event you spent a lot of money to attend. You have no recourse. And their incentive is to do this over and over because they can’t lose. I hope this saves others the same agony, frustration and disappointment we experienced. These are not honest people. They exist to rip off fans of music. Stay far away. These are all true facts. My order number is [protected].

Desired outcome: StubHub goes out of business, has to fire every employee.

B
3:26 pm EDT

StubHub Selling taylor swift tickets

On Dec. 13th, 2022, I listed 4 Taylor Swift tickets on Stubhub. The tickets sold immediately and were subsequently transferred to the buyer on Dec. 14th.

Now, a full 3 1/2 month later, I get an email claiming my tickets have sold and a request to transfer them to an new party. I immediately called Stubhub and they are claiming I submitted two orders 5 minutes apart on Dec 13th at 5:32 and 5:37.

As you can see from my supporting email files, I was only sent ONE order confirmation, which I completed with all due diligence. Stubhub's response is I am responsible for submitting a second order.

This is not the case and I do not have four more tickets to satisfy an additional order.

I filed the "official" Litigation request, mailed it with a USPS Certified Mail reciept, waited the 30 days for a response, and NEVER received one. I have called Stubhub Customer Service many times requesting the Litigation Dept. to contact me. I have repeatedly asked for a telephone number to call LItigation but StubHub refuses to provide it.

If in fact, I did input a duplicate order, it would have been due to not receiving a proper confirmation when executing my request. Additionally, Stubhub should be sophisticated enough to ferrit out duplicate orders and delete them or substantiate with the seller.

Desired outcome: Absolve me of any and all responsibility for Stubhub's alleged duplicate order.

12:49 pm EDT

StubHub Ringo star tickets for june 17, 2023

I ordered two tickets on March 31, 2023 for Ringo Starr's All-Star band show, June 17, @ San Jose Civic Auditorium, When I attempempted to access the tickets on the day of the show, they did not show up. I called Stub Hub, and you attempted to get me new seats, but then when I got the information back, you told me no comparable tickets were available. This was a birthday gift for my son, and now I was to tell him were not able to go. He then bought a single ticket for that show from Stub Hub, I bought three tickets on another ticket seller website called VIVID. I bought three because I was sure we would get the ticket from Stub Hub, because the last time I bought a ticket there, I did not get it. I was able to get the three tickets for that show from VIVID, thus wee no longer needed the single ticket, but you would not refund us for at least give us credit for the unused ticket for the Ringo Starr All-Star Band concert. So we are now out 145 dollars for a ticket we did not use. This ticket buying frenzy could have been avoided if the tickets we originally had bought had appeared on my phone as I was supposed to occur. I spent 7 hours of my time for this mess. I need to be compensated at least for the tickets price of the unused ticket. Sincerely, John A Tuvo, [protected],

Desired outcome: refund of 145 dollars for unused ticket or credit for other events on Stub Hub.

E
12:49 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Paid over $1,000 to take my family to a Cubs game. Tickets on Stubhub said view was unobstructed and the photo of our section on Stubhub's website showed a clear view of the field. Got to Wrigley and couldn't see home plate since a huge post was in the way. Contacted Stubhub and was told too bad. Will never use Stubhub again. Order # [protected] Saturday...

12:26 pm EDT

StubHub Selling tickets

I sold concert tickets but posted the wrong date. I caught the error and contacted Stub Hub 2 weeks before the concert (plenty of time to fix the situation) customer service refused to help with the situation and charged me the sale of the tickets over 1200. I am out. The buyer canceled the sale, bought new tickets I’m sure and charged me 1200. When there was plenty of time to rectify the situation for all party’s. I get policies, but they should be reasonable with the time frame that was given

Desired outcome: I would at least like the price of my tickets back. My out of the pocket expense. Stub Hub still makes $$$$

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

StubHub contacts