Strayer University Onlinefake university

Strayer keeps part of your refund check, professors are not accredited, they put spy ware on your computer to track where you been and what you do. I asked my professor where she earned her teaching degree. She claimed that she could not give out that information, I asked my other professors and they told me, one even said that "some are in training" there. Classes with "fake" students.

• Ke
    Kellie Brown Apr 07, 2019

its on my credit to pay 300$ for signing up. But i never did sign up. I had a lady call my phone and she stated i use her ss# to sign up for school i was looking unto the school but never did i sign up are start . I will not be paying this cause its not right for me to pay for something that never happen

• He

Phone: [protected]
    Contacts for Alumni
    Alumni Affairs Office
    Web: http://alumni.strayer.edu
    Contacts for opting out of marketing solicitations
    Request removal from Strayer University’s marketing lists.
    Contacts for this Website

Contact them or go to
    If you prefer, you may contact the Inspector General's Hotline by:

Calling the OIG Hotline's toll free number 1-800-MIS-USED. Hotline Operators take calls during the hours of Monday and Wednesday 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM, Eastern Time; Tuesday and Thursday, 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM, Eastern Time except for holidays.

This is for Student loan fraud hotline...
    Downloading a hardcopy of the Hotline Complaint Form, and completing, mailing or faxing to:

Inspector General's Hotline
    Office of Inspector General
    U.S. Department of Education
    400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
    Washington, D.C. [protected]
    Fax: [protected]

• Tj
    TJ Sloan Apr 06, 2017

I attended Strayer for my B.A in acquisition and contract management, and then stepped right into the JWMI program for my EMBA. I will tell you like other have also stated, colleges are the same no matter where you go. You will always have a bad apple in the bunch. You also have to be aware that it might not always be the instructor who is the bad apple (if you have a mirror now is the time to look at it). I was fortunate enough to use my Gi bill and have everything covered, however I do understand the complaint about the price, when I went through the program Strayer was offering the grad fund which gave you 1 free class for every three you completed. I don't know about you but I thought that was a good deal. I did not have to pay for the last 6 or 8 classes I took it was nice. I will also say that if you have not heard of a website called STRAIGHTERLINE then you are missing out. This site allows you to take a class online in a few days or however long you want to take and the credit will transfer over to Strayer. I did this for 7 of my classes and it cost me $6 or $700. You pay 100 per month and 49 and up per course. You can take as long as you want to complete the course (I averaged about 3 days per course, 5-6 hours a day +work) at the end of the course you take a monitored end of course exam. When I say monitored I mean they watch you via the camera on your computer. The exams last an hour tops and if you have a good enough grade going into the final you can bomb it and still pass the course, which was fine for me because the courses I was taking were general studies anyway and nothing that I really needed to remember or needed for my job. If you say that you can't do it then I say your a whiner and unmotivated. I was taking 4 strayer courses 3 online and 1 on ground and doing the 7 straighterline course all at the same time, I also work full time, have four kids a wife, and coach baseball in florida. So if I can manage to knock that out so can you. Be positive and just push on. I will also say that if you are thinking about your MBA seriously think about the JWMI program. I had a professor for a finance course that was the former CFO for a fortune 500 company and mentored the current CFO for Dicks sporting goods. I had another professor who worked for NASA and was a B1 bomber pilot. You get quarterly Q&A sessions with The Jack Welch and get to do a meet and greet with him at graduation. I learned more than I could have expected via this program, also its on the Princeton review as the #22 best online MBA program and its only getting better.

• St
    strayer student Dec 21, 2016

I want to say, whether it is work, school, home or whatever... You get out of it, what you put into it. Who are you to label Strayer University as a whole. You have no right to downgrade and ridicule anyone but yourself. So as a student I am asking that you quit bad mouthing everyone and live life with your cup half full instead of half empty. Thank you, and merry Christmas to everyone.

• Do
    Dorthia WortherlyFarmer Jul 28, 2015

I am a new student to strayer university and I must say that I haven't had any negative issues with them. They required all my transcripts before I finished enrollment. They had a library and computer lab for students to use even if you do online, you can come to the campus. This is the one in Greensboro North Carolina. I am pleased with them they were very thorough.

• Lo
    LookAtMeNow31 Aug 09, 2012

This last comment was posted in response to stopcryinglikealittle[censored] on page one!

• Lo
    LookAtMeNow31 Aug 09, 2012

This is the United States of America where we have thr right to a freedom of speech! For you to insult and tell someone to stop acting like b*****s is very insulting and unprofessional...ghetto! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and may have had a different experience than yourself with this university. You need to grow up and get some morals about yourself when talking to others and posting comments where all can see just how ignorrant and rude you are! That can be a very stressing situation and I know from experience. If the shoe was on the other foot, how would you feel? Maybe you should take a sensitivity class on considering others feelings and see if you get a 4.0 in that!

AnthonyCS Jun 08, 2012

I completed my BBA at Strayer University and I have nothing but great things to say about the school. I evaluated course material being taught from Strayer University with course material being taught at Louisiana State University for the same classes and found the textbooks to have nearly identical information. I had courses that I found to be particularly easy; however, I also had courses that I need to find assistance in. In fact, I found myself having to go to a campus location for assistance. The campus dean paired me with not one BUT TWO faculty members who both took time out of their schedule to assist me. I found the school to be just as helpful after graduation. I enrolled in another university for graduate school and this school claimed to have difficulty getting transcripts from Strayer University. Strayer took immediate action by over nighting the transcripts via UPS to my new school so that the process would move quickly. I have been very impressed with Strayer University overall. I recommend them.

• Vo
    Vonnyj Jun 07, 2012

I also agree with all the negative comments. Strayer University is a waste & all they think about is $$$$$ and not education. The staff are very rude & incompetent. Also, while I was enrolled there, they changed the curriculum numerous times without student's knowledge. I received credits for my required courses but when I was close to graduating, they said I had 4 courses to make-up since the curriculum changed. To this date, I'm fighting with the academic and records office & I also had to fight with the dean to open case for this issue. This is very difficult because there seems to be poor comunication between each department. I'm now in the process of transferring my earned credits & enrolling at Georgetown University. Also, this school has a very poor reputation among employers across the US & other college institutions. My career counselor even advised me that I made a great decision to leave Strayer because employers view them as a bad institution with high withdrawal & low graduation rate. I advise anyone to stay far away from this money hungry, fake institution!!!

• Ka
    Kathie Gerber May 16, 2012

I recently graduated from Strayer University with my Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice and was IMMEDIATLEY accepted into an internship program with the local courts. No University is perfect, however, it is CRUCIAL to know that Strayer is Accredited by Middle States which also Accredited Princeton University and Johns Hopkins University. Obtaining my degree from Strayer has opened many doors and opportunities for me as I am starting a new career. I like the idea of graduating from a college that has the same high standards of education as Princeton and Johns Hopkins.

• St
    Stay away from Strayer Apr 18, 2012

I agree with the negative responses here, Strayer faculty does not return phone calls, or assist with outstanding issues. In fact a friend of mine just told me, she know of individuals who looks for jobs and some places don't either recognize Strayer University as a viable institution. I believe this place is a sham period.

• Da
    Danica Lambert Feb 10, 2012

From my understanding, this is a COMPLAINT board where the students who have bad experiences get a chance to tell why they hate the school. But as I read these comments, it's clear that there are postings on here that want to clarify the fact that Strayer is a good school. I will agree that strayer is a good school, but unfortunately, they can't do their jobs!!! When I completed my course, I paid the 150 to graudate and was told a year later that I didn't graduate. Now i'm having to battle with the school becaue they won't post my financial aid so I can finish the course. I'm getting jerked around and no one knows the correct answer to any of my questions. So for those of you that are on here to AMEN the school, get the *&^% off because that is not what this forum is for. So what!!! Who cares that you had a good experience. Go post it on Facebook. Leave the complaints to those that have been digusted by the school. We can write whatever we want to on here. THAT IS WHAT THIS IS FOR!!!

• Dr
    DRW55 Dec 19, 2011

This school is full of garbage the MAJORITY OF THE TIME!! I had two different professors for Finance 100 who REFUSED to answer questions or explain how to calculate the formulas...nor did we work ANY problem in excell or on the $75 calculator I WAS TOLD I NEEDED! Professor Doreen conner-green, an accounting professor there REFUSED TO GET UP AND DO ANY CALCULATIONS for FEDERAL TAXATION class, she read powerpoints EVERY class. Those are available to us in course shell; guess we "cannot read" ourselves?? Really? My financial aid was approved a week before semester, semester is OVER, I still don't have the funds posted and show a balance for the semester that is OVER! I'm supposed to graduate next semester and they are making ALL attempts to stifle that! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE!!! NO CUSTOMER SERVICE; NO BUSINESS ETHICS, ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$$ AND NOT EDUCATION!!!

• Fr
    FrustratedStudentinSC Dec 03, 2011

Strayer works for me and my schedule, and like every other school, I am sure that the problems a lot of us experience are going to be the same. Yes, they are expensive, but I completed by BSIS in December 2009 graduating with honors. Nothing was handed to me, and I worked extremely hard to accomplish that goal. Now, currently enrolled this fall working on my MBA. The only problem I do see with Strayer is that their financial aid process needs to have a major revamp. Their customer service or lack of knowledge in this area is a major frustration for me, and I am sure a lot of other students. So far, I do get responses and assitance from the staff when I contact them via email, or go into the school to address concerns with the entire FA process. Ten weeks in to teh semester and still no refund, nor have my balance for the fall semester been paid. I just don't want to get stuck with a huge balance due to someone elses error in my FA process. I do stay on top of things, but it is frustratng to not be able to contact teh corporate office when you have a concern or an issue. Frustrated in Charleston, SC

• To
    tosajidsaeed Dec 01, 2011

LET US DO IT FOR YOU

Our academic writing services covers:

Assignments
    Projects
    Quizes
    Internship Reports
    Presentations
    Essay Writing
    Research
    Editing & Proof reading

The core areas of expertise:

Information Technology (IT)
    Marketing
    Management
    Finance
    Accounting
    and other Business and IT areas

Our approach:

- We answer the question that is asked
    - We deconstruct the question
    - We avoid bullet points or numbered lists
    - We use appropriate sources to support assertions
    - We use an appropriate structure – introduction, main analysis and discussion and conclusions
    - We check for clarity, grammar and spelling
    - We use Harvard System referencing
    - We believe general knowledge is not a substitute for analysis and discussion which means that referenced sources are needed.
    - Your work will be unique and won’t show similarity to other people
    - NO PLAGIARISM OR COLLUSION

Our service features:

- 100% Privacy & Confidentiality
    - 100% Plagiarism Free
    - Highly qualified academic writers
    - Guaranteed to meet deadlines
    - Revisions

Our achievements

Many students from top universities of UK have already completed their degrees with over 60% marks.

If you do not have time and your deadline is near. We have the solution for your problem.

Just contact us by leaving Facebook message or call us at [protected]

Alternatively, you can email us at... TOSAJIDSAEED at HOTMAIL dot COM

Please provide following details if you are emailing us:

1- The TOPIC of your assignment
    2- Deadline
    3- Number of words required

• Ab
    Abdulai Jah Nov 25, 2011

Why has it taken so long for some sudents (like me) to get their Federal sudent loans posted to their account for the Fall Quarter, 2011? This is posing a major problem for us to register for the Winter Quarter. Is there a way the university can get rid of this bureaucratic bottle neck and expedite the proccess for us to complete our registrations for incoming Quarter? Time is running out!

• Ra
    randol8 Nov 09, 2011

I completed an undergraduate and am working 3 courses from completing a graduate degree at Strayer. Whichever school you choose has to be a good fit for you and your lifestyle. Strayer like any other university has good and better instructors. Do I care where they got their degree from? No, so I never asked. Strayer caters to working adults who are working in a field and need a degree to meet requirements or to remain competitive. The instruction is similar to that of corporate management styles; they are there to help guide, analyze, and interpret. Unlike traditional schools there should not be an expectation to have your blank page filled - Strayer fills in the gaps. Working adults in professional fields are not blank pages by a long shot. A lot of folks sought Strayer because of the ease of entrance and did not realize that they would have to do most of the wrenchwork to obtain the education they need. There is a big difference in the expectation of working adults and those fresh out of high school or those looking for a degree to propel them into a new career. Consider all of this when making a decision. As far as costs ... you get what you pay for, but to understand the value you gotta understand what you are getting. I think the issues that most have with Strayer is that they did not do the research on the type of education that Strayer provides.

• Sc
    scubscub Sep 26, 2011

Strayer is not a "fake" university -- it is a *for-profit* university. On the one hand it has much of the qualities -- capable instructors, motivated students -- which make any school successful, and this is behind the success stories you encounter. On the other hand, the new breed of for-profits will always be racing for the bottom line, with education taking a back seat. This often means encouraging students who have little chance of success, to take out loans they will have trouble repaying, while farming out teaching and administrative jobs to low-paid part-timers. Strayer does not appear to be as bad in this regard as many others (Kaplan, Ashford, etc.), but it needs to be borne in mind that all these for profits have an inherent tendency to put profit before education. Like an overstocked pool of fish, the online for-profit university field is in a cut-throat situation these days, and as these schools compete to survive, providing a quality education and taking care of their students is not their highest priority.

The lesson: go to a public school where you will pay less for a better education. Many have online programs.

• Dz
    Dzo Aug 25, 2011

If the school was fake, it wouldn't have been accredited by the middle states accrediting agency that accredited schools like Penn States University, Drexel University and so much more. I amd tired of reading all those hate advices from people that had some personal bad experiences. Go to better schools and give peace a chance. I have seen a lot of people with Strayer degrees and they are doing good jobs. Some are even promoted because of their degrees. Some of the haters of strayer don't even have what it takes to go to a brick and motar schools as they call it, or regular schools because they lack competitive skills. So please let sleeping dogs lie.

• Hi
    Hi my name is.... Aug 05, 2011

I have mixed feelings about Strayer. I transferred from a community college in Virginia called NVCC. I didn't take the transfer program so if I were to transfer to George Mason I would have had to go back and take at least another 2 years worth of Gen Edu credits. I work full-time so spending an extra 2 years before starting a Bachelor's was not an option for me. I know a lot of people who have Master Degrees from there and they have no problems with accredidation. The campus at Manassas VA has great Professors. They are dedicated to teaching the class and I learned a lot from them. After going to Strayer for about a year I learned that I was lied to when I signed up. When I transferred from NVCC I asked the admissions personnel if I could take my Gen Edu credits at NVCC before I began at Strayer and I was told they wouldn't transfer over. Later I found out from other students that they were going to NVCC over the summer to take their Gen Edu credits and I could have done that. I did not have the max amount of transfer credits either. At that point it was too late. I had already got all but 1 course. Then, getting into my degree specific courses I learned that they are not offered at the local campuses. I have no choice but to take them online. I like online courses and don't have issues taking them for Gen Edu credits but for my major I want hands on to ensure I learn it. On top of that they are expensive! It is now up to $1680 per course. They raised the tuition and didn't tell me. That's another issue I have...communication! I have Fin Aid + loans and they never communicate to me about when things need to be submitted. I filled out the same application 2 or 3 times in the beginning and now I don't get any notifications at all when something needs to be done. I was pre-registered for courses 3 semesters in advance and they dropped my courses 1 week before classes started because my Fin Aid needed resubmitted and I wasn't even told about it. I found out because I went online to order my books and I didn't have any classes on my schedule. When I sined back up for my classes the Statistics class wasn't available on campus anymore and I had to take this online and I am struggling with it. That's one course I need on campus. But when it comes to selling you those classes they are worse than telemarketers. I get calls and emails at work and at home serveral times every semester asking me if I want to enroll when I'm currently taking classes! Oh, and those stupid surveys! I understand the point but I don't feel they should force them on you. They will not get the results they want by force. I was literally pulled out of a class that I paid for to take the survey. I was so PO'd! I took the survey and complained about it. They didn't pull me out again and I refuse to take them now unless I have something I want to tell them about. At this point it is too late to change schools, credits will not transfer to schools like George Mason, and it is convenient for me so I have no other options but to stay. I do however learn the material. I've only had problems with 2 online Professors so I have no complaints about quality.

• Ai
    airbabygurl Jul 18, 2011

Well..I have read through all the complaints and experiences here and I'd like to share mine. I came out of the Air Force and decided to get my BS in Criminal Justice since I already had half my credits. Strayer was wonderful when it transfered my CCAF credits over and instead of 180 credits needed for my BS I only needed 98. I've been at Strayer for 4 quarters now and I've maintained a 4.0 the entire time. Not because I'm a just that dam smart but because as long as you do the assignments needed for the class, you'll get an A. Period. My Math 104 class is horrible. The teacher is not explaining anything and the "blackboard" computer system is a waste of time. Out of the 4 quarters I have been here (and took 3 classes per quarter!! Plus worked a full time job) I have only had to use the book for 2 of my classes! Out of 12! But of course, the books are totally expensive and even though I've got a 4.0 GPA I can honestly tell you I don't know much about what I've been learning. I looked at transferring over to the University of Maryland but my classes do not equal the classes provided there so I would lose most of what I've already done. So I am going to finish my BS here at Strayer but get my Grad school at UMUC. The teachers seem professional and nice and they will work with you. But the "kids" I'm going to school with should not be in college. They are basically teaching us things I learned in high school and the teacher will pass you with minimum efforts. For instance, I thought my Eng115 would be hard and have a lot of papers, so far, the only "assignments" we've had is busy work. Find an article each week and summerize it into a paragraph. A PARAGRAPH. NOT A PAPER. A PARAGRAPH, 5 SENTANCES! I've never seen such a thing in my life!

• Sp
    Spazzing Out Jul 08, 2011

I am quickly learning about the quality of "Professors" at Strayer plus the multiple problems that I experienced with their 'Blackboard'. The last ten days of class I could not log onto the Blackboard to submit my final project or to take the final exam. I performed all of the steps to correct this problem through Strayer's help desk and still the issues could not be resolved.
    During the class I turned in all assignments ahead of time and received full points for them. I got an "F" in this class because I did not (actually could not) submit my final project or take the final exam.
    During the class I had emailed and even phoned the Professor stating problems with accessing the Blackboard during the entire course ( the professor never returned emails or phone calls). Finally during those last 10 days of class I again emailed the Professor stating that I could not access the class and "cc'd" the message to the Dean. The Dean contacted the Professor and told him to respond to my emails. He did so at that time and he also stated in his email that I could submit my final project directly to his Strayer email (he cc'd this to Dean also ).
    I filed complaints to Strayer about receiving an "F" for something that I had no control over and I forwarded all of the emails that I had sent to the Professor throughout the course regarding accessibility. Strayer contacted the Professor and asked him if he had given me permission to submit my final project to him via his Strayer email account. He denied that he did. Evidently he had forgotten that he had sent an email to me (and cc'd the Dean) that I could do so. Such a lying little punk ###! The issue is still not resolved. I am withdrawing from Strayer and taking my money elsewhere for my Masters degree. I do not trust that I will not have the same problem with future classes or instructors.

• Cm
    C. Morrow Jun 19, 2011

I feel Strayer is unprofessional. I only had one synchronous class and during that class my instructor had her baby in the room with her and told her daughter to tell the students "hello". Now how professional is that? Strayer has done a lot to me. I had planned to leave there after my session was complete, but unfortunately due to illness I could not complete the session anyway.

• Cm
    C. Morrow Jun 18, 2011

I have many problems with Strayer. Because of that school I am currently having trouble getting a grant or loan to continue my education. I am a disabled student and was attending Strayer online. I explained my situation to them before I enrolled and was told that it would be taken care of. I also wanted to make sure all my classes would be synchronous and not asynchronous as I am a visual learner. I signed forms so that the school could get my transcripts from other schools attended and this was never done. I was forced to retake classes where I had received A's and B's, but at Strayer I received C's and D's for the same classes. One reason for this is the way the courses were taught or not taught. Due to my disabilities I should have been able to have extra time to complete assignments, but that did not happen. I went through 3 sessions before I was finally approved for this, but it was already mid-term of the third session and I was told that I had to catch up all the work and only had to the end of the session. How was that possible? If the session is 11 weeks and I need extra time, by the middle of the session I am already behind and need to catch up that work and stay on course for the rest of the session (6 weeks) how was I getting any extra time? There were other problems also, actually too many to even discuss.

• Gu
    GulfSniper91 Jun 14, 2011

Even though the original post for this discussion was created four years ago, I want to add my voice to those who support Strayer. I am the Director of Information Systems for a company near Colonial Williamsburg, VA and I received my BS in Information Systems AND my Masters in Business Administration from Strayer. I have had a a long challenging road to completion on both of these, but in the end it has proved very satisfying. Strayer maintains a high level of standards where I am and even though the work is hard, it challenged me to think in ways I had not done so before. I will have a ton of student loans to pay which is, I'm sorry to say, a part of this process. However, nothing in life is free, or comes without hard work. Anyone interested in Strayer should make that move and commit themselves to study hard. Take it from me, seeing your lifelong goal in hand when you finally graduate makes it all worth it.

• Fo
    Former Strayer Student Apr 19, 2011

Good day all,
    I have two Bachlors of Sciences degrees from Towson University. I obtained my Master's of Science in Information Systems. Allow me to say that this traditional Unversity. This is a "for-profit" school NOT recieving any Federal or State assistance. It is catered for working adults. With that being said, because of my Master's degree, the world have become a smaller place. Job's became increasely available to me. Job offers that I accepted paid me more because of my degree. I write this because I read negative remarks about this school. I worked harder for my Masters then I did to complete ywo Bachlors at a State University. My Masters degree was reconginized for my PHD in Computing SEngineering program at a State University. It is expensive but no more then any other University I have attended, including a A.A. degree at a Community College. This scholl provided me we the tools I needed to succeed in American and thats my two cents!!! PS: every teacher I had at the DC Campus had a PHD or two!!!

• Pe
    Pens2958 Apr 07, 2011

I transferred to Strayer from Liberty University, for the simple fact that there was a campus close to home and I could get the help I needed with Advanced Algebra...I transferred in with a 4.0, they screwed up my financial aid, kept part of my refund, then claimed they hadn't. I now owe THEM $1600 dollars (that I should have never owed)...I can't return to school with them, or go anywhere else until this 1600 is paid...even though they KEPT the refund and sent me the remaining balance. God bless anyone who went there and made it out with a degree. I just wasted 4 years of my life busting my butt for a perfect 4.0 only to have to be "stopped" just a few months before my degree. So I am not someone who is pissed about a bad grade, or things didn't go my way, their staff is mediocre at best and has no idea how to run things.

• Di
    Dismayed Student Mar 18, 2011

I must agree with some of his comments. I have trouble each quarter with my financial aid and get the run around. The turn over in the business of at Shelby Oaks is deplorable and the staff members that are retained are not efficient. They have posted my winter pell grant against Spring tuition, which is a violation of the rules and regulations of the Pell grant. It should be posted in the term for which it was distributed. They are not always honest and they are slow to respond. Tuition is way too high and exceeds most online University. The problem is that no other college follows their cirriculum and it is hard to transfer once you start. I am going to finish my bachelors because I am ultimately stuck but I would not advise anyone to attend Strayer. He is right a lot of my professors have regular jobs and are not Professors at other universities like the UofM professors. Their degree status is questionable.

• Jack Troutman Mar 11, 2011

@ CRIMINAL investigator...Thank you! I am starting my 3rd year at Strayer and I have had a wonderful experience thus far. I am committed to earning my degree even though I have four children and work full time! It is good to hear someone not complaining because their classes are too hard, or they can't figure something out with their financial aid, or their refund check is late. Read the material and do your work and you will be fine. Earning a degree is not a simple process; that's why you have to EARN it. Congratulations on your degree and good luck in your job!

• Cr
    CRIMINAL Investigator Mar 11, 2011

wow you guys have issues. who cares where you get your degree. as long as the school is regionally credited, they all mean the same on paper. i got my degree online and i am now a federal agent. i went to the academy with others that went to schools like, penn state, VTECH, u OF md, GEORGETOWN, AMERICAN UNIVERSITY AND THE LIST goes on. and how did i do academically in the academy? better than they did. it's not where you went to school, but what you learned. think about all those kids that go to ivy league schools and just drink. they graduate not knowing anything and all they did was waste thier parents money. enough said...not everyone has the option to get school paid for and live in the dorms. some people work for a living and have families to take care of. they have no other choice but to go to an online school or strayer. GROW UP!

• Al
    Altagracia Urena, M.D Feb 07, 2011

Im a Medical Doctor graduated in Dominican Republic;then went to RUTGERS UNIVERSITY in Newark, NJ. I started my career in a private university ( the most expensive in my country by that time), but just 2years before completing my degree i had a problem with the Dean (for wrong scores), so i got transferred to a public university. I graduated as a Medical Doctor in 1995, but regret not to have my degree from my original institution. I learned from my experience that we act by impulse many times when we are young, and all judgements we belive true, they are not. There are good and bad places, good and bad students, and good and bad teachers. As of today, 02/07/2011, i have a licence as a Teacher of Health Sciences, Biology, Chemistry 6-12 in Orange County, Orlando, Florida., and i can witness there are many professionals with poor communicable skills but wide knowledge. When you blame an institution for not satisfying your needs, there is a lot behind. As I mentioned, educators and administrative staff are not perfect, nor students. I have had the opportunity to be on both sides, and believe, kids, there are issues to solve from both parties. I was exactly as the person who started this forum when I was 19 or 20 yrs old...i am 45 today, and I have learned that we dont leave in a perfect world. I am not perfect either, and have a lot of disagreements with my family members, as you all do too; but instead of focusing in the negative aspects of a problem, let go for solutions! Kids, if you donk like your academic institution, you have the right to shop around, but spending that much energy in itemizing one-by-one all single details of your negative experience at that place, it is just a waste! I hope the rest of the people in this forum understand that we make the places, and in the future, there will be plenty of chances for them to be affected by what I call "the System", that means, one day, someone might be writing something negative about some of you here. GOOD LUCK FOR ALL!!!

• Do
    doc404 Feb 02, 2011

I'm not a bitter student, my gpa is 3.9 and I have my MBA degree. I just think that the finanacial aid at Strayer can use some seriously or should I say makeover and totally re-organization. The customer skills sucks, well I should say that is for the Morrow campus here in GA, I must say all campus are not like that apparently, cause I attended the North Charlotte campus and it was quite nice, love the Instructors very professional. So I'm only referring to the Morrow campus. Another complaint I have is the Online "Contacts for Corporates", which they have a number to call which is 703.339.3000 and no-one never answer the phone and it rings busy most of the time, I just don't understand, "why would you have a number for corporate and no one answer it, sound like a waste to me.

• Fi
    FireSupression Jan 26, 2011

I paid $50.00 to change my name on my diploma on July 2, 2010 to white marsh campus, MD. they charged my credit card right away, however I still have not received it as of today, Jan 26, 2011. During those time, I called the business manager and her boss many time, left thousands messages, I also called different departments, campus and chatted many times with their customer support, however, they played me by transfer me from one place to another ! they refused to give me the phone number who is in charge the student records, they only give you the phone number of the campus. How could you trust a university that could not even provide the basic services to their students ??? There is no professionalism in this university from bottom up ! All they cared is to steal money from you !!!

• Va
    VAStudent Dec 31, 2010

DKE803,
    I am a Veterans student using the GI Bill at Strayer. I would love to tell you that it is a great school but all I can say is that it's good for Veterans that need flexibility. I chose this school because I wanted to finish my degree fast and take 3 online courses and 1 campus class; not many schools offer this choice and I'm sure you know that's the requirement to get your monthly pay. Anyways, truth is that it is pricey, but you'll finish your degree much faster (full time) which will save you money. Stayer does quarters so you can finish 4 semesters in a year for about $24k taking 4 classes per semester. This is really only good news for VA students since we look forward to a monthly pay, which you will get every month if you go every semester. The schooling itself is ok. Some classes are challenging, some teachers are challenging, some classes are BS and some teachers tell you to shut up- yes one told me to shut up! He was let go which justifies all the talk about high turn-over. The Dean and most experienced advisor left and I didn't even know for a month. Honestly, I have no idea who the current Dean is.
    Up until this past semester I would have given Strayer a thumbs up, now, I have to tell you to be careful. I am currently battling with them because I was placed in a class that I already had credits for. They advised me to finish the class and they would give me credits towards something I needed. Well they didn't and they will not reimburse me because I am a VA student and didn't pay myself. I told them that I served my country for 10 years to earn those benefits and they are mine. The battle has escalated to an ugly place and the only thing that really upsets me is that I have to stay at this school because I've invested way too much time to leave now. Anything having to do with money I'd say don't hold your breath. The online bookstore sucks. You might be able to get some books from other sites, but most are hard to find outside of the Strayer bookstore. Careful with the buyback bookstore. They try to rip you off big time by claiming "guarenteed" buybacks are no longer being bought back...where does that make sense right? Ugghhh. If you decide to go, just be careful with your business. Take your classes and try not to get involved with any issues because they will not be resolved.

• Er
    Erika Osorio Dec 11, 2010

Strayer University accepted me in one day witout any official transcrips. Is it fake?

• Dk
    DKE803 Dec 11, 2010

Hello,
    I am in SC and I am currently thinking about enrolling at Strayer University. One of the admissions officers is someone that is from the same hometown as me and we graduated from the same high school and knows my sister. She did not attend this college because back then Strayer was not in this state. I currently attend South University and was thinking about transferring. I am a veteran and my benifits mean so much to me right now. She swears by everything that Strayer is a better choice and the tuition cost is less than SU. I am interested in information systems program with a concentration in web development at Strayer. I am so confused. The things i see about Strayer that i don't like:
    -no library
    - no career services after you graduate
    -not getting straight answers from the admissions advisors
    -she swears that the tuition cost is lower
    - they are only accredited by the Middle States Commision of Higher Education
    I really want to pursue Graphic Design but this degree is very limited in the section of South Carolina that i live in. I rather do my classes in a class setting rather than online.
    Any Suggestions?

• Sp
    springloaded Nov 06, 2010

Thanks, Mr. Troutman, for giving the check-chasers a well-deserved talking-to.

My favorite is the guy who sent a letter to the president of the university and then got all huffy because she didn't personally respond back to him. (He's probably angry at Obama for the same reason. "Why won't he return my calls?") I'm not familiar with their handbook, but I'm guessing it's readily available and I'm guessing the president isn't included in the grievance procedures. If you have an issue and need it solved, know the procedures and elevate it as necessary. Don't put on a tin-foil hat or get a lawyer (a lawyer? Really? You can't afford to pay back money you were just given a few months ago in error, but you can afford legal counsel?). If you've exhausted your avenues and the school can't solve your issue internally, lodge a complaint with the DOE or their accrediting agency, but I suggest you have some really solid proof that the school is at fault before you go making an idiot out of yourself.

As for the HR guy who automatically sniffs at people with degrees from online universities, you're either one of those people who doesn't know the first thing about online education and doesn't understand the kinds of real-world realities that make it difficult for somebody with two kids and a mortgage to take four years out of their career to go to a traditional school or you've found a convenient loophole that allows you display racism and classicism in your hiring practices without falling victim to a lawsuit. If you'd rather hire some privileged jerk from Duke over an African-American woman from Strayer who's had to put in twice the effort to get her degree because daddy didn't give her a Beamer as a graduation present and pay her rent all through grad school, you're getting exactly what you deserve.

• Jack Troutman Sep 14, 2010

So far I have seen a lot of comments on here about the refund checks. If you are only going to school to receive a refund check, you're an idiot. Don't you realize that you still have to pay back the remainder of your student loans? I have been at Strayer for 2 years now and I have had a wonderful experience. Sure, I have had a couple of classes that have kicked my butt, but for the most part I do quite well. I maintain a 3.5 GPA and this is due to the fact that I work hard. I am not here just to get a refund check, I am here for an education. It is funny though, the biggest complainers on here also seem to have the worst grammar in the world.

• So
    SouthernSash Sep 10, 2010

If you don't like the school than get out of it! I am starting Strayer University in the fall. I researched 10 other online colleges because I cant go onto a campus. Out of the 10 schools I researched, only 3 of them were descend and Strayer was one of them. I intend to get my BS at Strayer and go to Penn State to furthering my education. I can do this because before I even started Strayer, I made sure the credits would transfer.
    Every school has pros and cons.
    Out of the schools I looked at, Strayer ranged in the same price range. If you want to complain about expensive, look into the University of Phoenix, then complain. They are 2 times more expensive. (I have nothing against them personally, just a fact)
    I have had the best help from everyone at the school. The dean has a Phd and so do several of the other people I met there who teach and will help when asked.
    Always keep a record of everything financial. If it is on record and you can prove it then there is no problem.
    People have there own opinions about schools. If you like one school over another than that is what you like. Doesn't have to be what others like. People have there different opinions.

• Anthony Delon Liles Aug 18, 2010

Do anyone have any news about the financial aid process with Strayer University? I attend the Raleigh, NC campus near Garner, NC