Strayer University Logo

Strayer University

Having problems with Strayer University?

Strayer University reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 4, 2007. The latest review Fraudulent balance was posted on Sep 28, 2021. The latest complaint extra charges was resolved on Apr 21, 2014. Strayer University has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 61 reviews. Strayer University has resolved 26 complaints.

Strayer University Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 445 7180 (General Inquiries)
+1 877 642 2999 (Technical Support)
+1 703 561 1710 (Corporate Alliances)
2303 Dulles Station Blvd, Mail Stop 6E
Herndon, Virginia
United States - 20171

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Strayer University Customer Service. Initial Strayer University complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Strayer University above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Strayer University. Discuss the issues you have had with Strayer University and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Strayer University Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Strayer University Online — financial aid and staff

I have had problems with the business office and teachers. At the beginning of my Fall 2010 Quarter, I wa...

Strayer Univesity — financial aid

I started Strayer in June 2010. It was very easy to get into admissions, I should have known that this wa...

Strayer University — collections

I took a class and for some reason the financial aid never went through. They never contacted me to tell me...

Strayer University — liars and thieves

Strayer university is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen in my life!!! I withdrew the first week I...

Strayer University — refund check hard to get

So far, this is my 4th semester and I am doing it online and it has been doing good. I have all A's and...

Strayer University/Onlineschool fuctions/money hungry

Wow, where do I begin??
1. Ive been going to strayer 3+ years now.in the beginning, it was great everyone wanted to help you, I had allot of different folks doing my account, starting, financial, student support — "etc". One tells you one thing another tells another, from every department. The deans never side with you, if your dealing with an unprofessional professor. I've had a few whom felt challenged by me when I knew of the subject and had creditability to back it up, some professors tend to be hard nosed off subject curriculum. I had one professor change her class structure weekly so she could fail folks. I just say, on a assignment I was to submit. She decided to change the grading on it, leaving me an overall grade of a "b" by a point off of a "a". Another professor I had sent me a "f" grade to the school during mid-terms, when it was supposed to be a "b". Well, to make a long story short and after a few phone calls and my adviser who was very inconsiderate, during a long distance call I had to make... Said it wasn't a big deal, and I should get over it. I had to call the school on him to get another student adviser because of his un-professionalism. Well, after the bull that professor.. And adviser constant phone calls to the school he had to write me a letter of stating it was a mistake on his part for the "f" grade. Sadly, that took over 8 emails back and forth with him to finally get it and he waited until the course was over. Another professor, I had marked me wrong for a answer on a test that wasn't even wrong. I had debated with her and showed her proof that it was correct, i'll never forget that. She wouldn't budge for anything. Well, my revenge was an "a" in her class, even though she tried her best to fail me.. Lol. I could go on and on with a few others but I would not be getting to the good part.
2. Financial aide, (sigh) they mess up allot I was given the wrong aide amount for three semesters, I call this guy name "ryan m" he supposed to over-see financial-aide he's an # (should be fired, actually) he taught my call was funny and it wasn't he actually laughed and had me repeat myself a few times, I couldn't believe it. Well, needless to say I complained but no-one did anything, to satisfactory, I left numerous of call's to he's supervisor and emails, their always on vacation most of the time. Anyway... Needless to say, I ended-up having a book payment due, by the tune of $1, 130 and some change. Well, I had to stay out a whole quarter and I never found out where the other part of the money went??
3. I now have 5 classes left to finish my bachelors, but no money left to do so, they raise their semester price just about every semester. I have no money because I have reached my financial aide limit. No-one warned me early on to make a difference. Sadly, knowing this before my last semester I was forced to take two classes one being a bachelors requirement class the other a associates, why associates?? I complained prior that I had no degree with credits of over a hundred-plus.. I needed a degree of some kind and if I don't have enough money to finish I needed something to show for it. They said they understood.. Lol. Well, my student adviser looked at my course and was like you should have a degree. Well needless to say, he went to the dean which took two days for a decision and I was force to take a introduction course to "microsoft word" cis105 a course they had just put in recently. Stupid! So, I taking financial aide with only the amount left to take one class but I was told I had to take two, well I fought with them why can't I just take the one... It didn't matter I was told over and over you have to take two because your on financial aide. Because of this, now I have a balance of $937 and change + 150 to pay to get my official copy of my associates degree. Mind you I was going for my bachelors.
4. Funny thing is what happened to the money to pay my books that semester I was out, that could cover my balance now. When I brought that up, they made excuses and acted stupid. Well, I just moved recently and I am in the process of finding that book amount paper they mailed me over an year ago and I am thinking of getting a lawyer because they seem to have done something unethical. No-one at that school gives a # if your being wronged all they do is care about money.
5. Also, if your not-aware their financial aide department is "outsourced". So, if their sued they probably will blame them. Right now, I am without an official copy of a degree.. Because of a school balance. I personally think their sick.
6. Anyway, i'll end it there because I have some much more I could say of my incidences with this school, most where more bad than good. To this day I have over 147 credits and no official degree, in my hands. This school is all about money, period!!! The other posts didn't lie when said that! If anyway wants to start a suit, email me: [protected]@aol.com

• Gi
      gingerjenn Apr 07, 2011

Thank-you, for reporting this.

• Ec
      ecooper35 Aug 23, 2010

We are researching this industry and we are hoping you might contact us.

e-mail: ecooper (at) nyms.net

Thank you.

Strayer University — fruad and mismanagement of funds

Update on previous complaint by Trina Here it is July 5th and I still haven't rec the additional fund...

Strayer University — blown off and ignored, looking for lawyer!

I was a Student who moved (alone) from my hometown to Charlotte, NC to attend school in Jan. 2008. In order...

Strayer Universityhorrible employer

You will be coerced into working holidays and overtime and WILL NOT BE PAID for it. Instead you will be further coerced into taking “comp time”. You will be overloaded with various task despite your department. If you voice your concern, you will deep six your career, be put on a performance plan and subsequently fired. It is a very nepotistic organization and although they institute promotion programs, all promotions are directly related to admissions (which is how they get around rewarding based on enrollments). Directors lie cheat and steal to make their goals and use/abuse their staff without care for their families or otherwise. They will lie to you and indicate that you “may work some weekends”, the reality of the matter is, you will be forced to work 6 days a week on skeleton crews and they will still demand that you provide good customer service. If you don’t hit you admissions numbers, be it one student shy, you will go on a performance plan. And if you work in the financial aid office, be prepared to carry 95% of the work load of your campus and receive 0 credit later. Your family if you have one will not matter at all, they work you more than 40 hours a week without one bit of concern. Salaried employees are abused beyond sanity as they can get “comp time” that never really comes. Hourly employees are raped for their time and effort. You can survive at Strayer though, if you are unscrupulous, can lie through your teeth, have no ethics or conscience, if you are willing to talk people into programs that they cant survive within, enroll them in classes they aren’t qualified for or do not have the ability to attend, enrolling students that you know will be denied financially because they are not citizens or have no high school diploma/college credits, or are happy making people take out private loans that they cant pay or don’t need, Strayer is a perfect fit, otherwise, DO NOT WORK FOR STRAYER, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

1 Response
      • Sc
        Scared student Jun 03, 2012

Natonya Moss is a very bad person to talk to when I am trying to check on my education benefits. Very bad mouth and she undermined students use of common sense. I think she do not have any of It at all I agree to the fullest. I am setting up a student petition to send to the operator of this company I agree with you.

Strayer University, Takoma Park, Washington, DCcharging over three thousand dollars though I have financial aid and bad grade practices

I have student loan yet Strayer University billed me for over $3.000 for the winter semester and has unlawfully with held my official transcript and threatening me with a lawsuit if I do not pay the amount.

They are also in the practice of siding with professors who commit grade fraud by giving grades to students without the student taking any test. As a retaliation for the student speaking against such a practice, students can be penalized by a kangaroo court method and deprived of receiving their proper grades or transcript.

• Gi
          gingerjenn Apr 07, 2011

I used to go to Strayer. I had many altercations with Professors..unprofessionally ...and yes the Dean or whomever it maybe always sides with the Professors. I can tell you a few instances of being given the wrong grade and I even had one Professor give me an "F" grade during mid-terms when I actually had a "B" grade...well after numerous calls from me to the University and numerous emails to the Professor over it and let me add in the mist of it I even called my advisor and he laughed at me and said I made to much of a "big deal out of it and not worry about it"--yes, he did--well, I got rid of him as my advisor... by the way!! Okay, deep breathe...lol. What resulted was my Professor writing a letter of apology and stating that he gave me the wrong grade. I might add, he sure took his time with it...like I said numerous emails went out to him. Anyway...so, as of today... I have it proving yes, they do give you wrong grades. Now I've had Professors change the course of the curriculum midway through class so they can lower your grade. I'll give you one example: I had one Professor who was constantly doing that; that meaning... telling us (the class, or maybe just me..lol) how she wanted the writing done and after you were through with it--ahem...a day or two before it's due change how she wanted it to be done. Anyway at the last minute again she decided to change the requirements... by the way, I already handed in my assignment. The assignment was going towards my final grade, actually this was the last assignment of the class..Anyway, she made my grade a point away from me having a "A" in her class..because of it. Now, knowing me I fought it but...nothing came of it. It was in the beginning of me being at Strayer. Anyway, hey..I was just beside myself with that one. I guess my phone call with her weeks before of me saying "Hello Professor, and Good-morning, it is nice to talk to you"...I guess I was to pleasant for her?? Not-sure...because I felt like she was really mean..but hey, what can ya- do? Maybe she had a bad day?? Anyway, I even had another--yes, I have many stories pertaining to grading practices of these Professors...anyway on a Final test I had an answer correct pertaining to an Art-test--she (the Professor) said I didn't, have the correct answer. Well...the answer was correct it was in the book and I even researched it on the internet, and even emailed her about it because she marked me wrong for it on the test...she just would budge for anything. She even brought it out in class in an remark to another student, unbelievable!! Well..lets just say--I still got an "A" in her class in-spite of her efforts and her un-professionalism. That really took me for a loop. I really found that to being the most ridiculous, because she knew she was wrong but just wanted to be right at the expense of my grade. Anyway, I can go into many more stories of instances of Professors and their Financial Aide practices (by the way that department is outsourced) into them being un-professional. The practices that they have portrayed to me at the time I was there was just seriously lack of professionalism across the board... my dear, I'd be writing a book telling you my occurrences with Strayer, while I was there. Anyway, I hope you can follow my dialog..I tend to write sometimes like I'm talking "live" to a friend or someone who could possibly understand..I mean well. I also hope you can get your situation straighten out. I wish you well and know this, you are not alone. Also, to the English Police find some business elsewhere if you have a problem with my post.

• Fe
          FearlessDictator Aug 21, 2010

That sounds horrid, I was considering signing up for classes here. I don't need student aid, I'm requesting my church to collect half the tuition fees to help me, so that's a mostly won battle. I was wondering if their classes have any value when applying for a job. Have you found out if their curricula is worthless?

Strayer University — incompetency

I have been waiting to receive my financial aid since the fall quarter 2009, and now I am in the winter...

Strayer University — refunds

I have been going to Strayer University for over four years. I am now working on my masters degree. In the...

Strayer University — they lie!!!

Strayer university is not a good school.in fact, they are some of the most uneducated people running and...

Strayer University — fraudelent services & products

I attended Strayer in 2008. I was required to purchase the MML software for a Math class. The software had...

Strayer Universityfraudsters and cheaters

I started my education with Strayer, and immediately began having problems. Their business manager at the time refused to show me how to sign up for Financial Aid, instead talked to other co-workers about sports the entire time. then a week into classes, I got a nasty letter from him saying I was about to be dropped from classes, due to not having sufficent funding. When I called him, his voicemail answered, and it took a week to reach him, and then he just said, 'oh, don't worry about it.' Midway through the semester I find out he had been doing the same thing to other students, and then he abruptly quit. Thinking this would be the end of it, I relaxed.

A couple of quarters go by and things seemed to be progressing nicely. Then I hit a snag due to health issues. I immediately contact my professors involved. One was on campus and two were online. None of them were very sympathetic, one never even responded to me! Needless to say, I failed all three courses. I had tried to appeal to the Dean regarding my campus class, to no avail. He said I could drop it but when I went in to do so, he said 'oh, it's too late.' I had to re-take all the classes over, and I have to pay for them all over again!

One class I am paying for out of my own pocket, and the new Business Manager assured me I could make payments, and when the tuition reimbursement kicked in, I could use those monies to pay for that class. Well I went in the other day to get the paperwork necessary to apply for reimbursement, and she referred me to someone else who totally has no social skills, as he fumbled and mumbled his way through some type of communication, stating, 'the papers I'm giving you will work out fine.'

I told him several times my employer needs to see that the class was deferred, as they will not accept financial aid funding as proof. He said 'oh no, this is fine.' Well it's not! I'm just sick and tired of their miscommunication and misinformation, it's very upsetting. Because of my illness, I'm not sure if I could talk to the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) office and see if there are any accommodations to be given to me, but this seems ridiculous!

5 Responses
          • Br
            brookeg76 Jun 17, 2010

I have been attending Strayer University for 9 months when I was an unfortunate victim of an aggravated assault that affected my vision. I was unable to work for a month and had to undergo surgery. It is now 3 months later and the college refuses to credit my withdraw fees so that I can re-enroll in the classes I had to drop. I am not asking for a refund, only for them to re-instate me without having to pay more money. I have sent them documentation that was enough for the federal government to even pay my medical bills and they are still not able to give me a decision. Class starts in one week and I get nothing but emails requesting mroe information or a student advocate stating she is on "my side". They are ethically and morally corrupt, as well as the most unorganized office staff you have ever met (financial aid takes over a month to process with them and YOU have to hunt THEM down).

If you or anyone you know is even thinking of going there...DON'T!!!

• Absolutely agree! It is such a waste of time and money. I am currently a student with Strayer university but as soon as I finish this semester I am going to apply to a different school. This time I am going to read all reviews before enrolling. I do not want to have similar experience. Some professors are nice, the others are switching their teaching plans few times a week with late notice. I have complained to dean and campus director and they can't do anything about that. Besides, it seems that they have way too much politics going on internally. If you need a degree go to a traditional school! Do not waste your time and money on Strayer.

• In
            international student Dec 17, 2009

I am a current student at Strayer, Arlington Campus. VA . Academic office, student support office /we call nonsupport center / never ever helped students. not even Dean herself. When I asked for appointment with the Dean she told me she knows what it is and there is nothing she can do plus she is fully booked. May be they have skill or knowledge to work in educational institute but for sure they do not have a passion or right attitude to work with students especially with foreign students. I have brought about 10 students and some of their families from my back country to this school. Finally they messed up our family visa status. Congrats

• Hg
            HGJN Nov 14, 2009

This school is a disgrace, nobodys blaming anyone either. You share your experience. This school may be accredited, doesnt meant they're ethical, etc. They may have plenty of PHD's like most, but look at the quality of them. Most I had were wacky, psycho and twisted in demeanor, lingo, disposition, etc. There was a trend. Their admin is disgraceful with ethics, no viable complaint system exists, they all cover for each other and they're staff mostly is inept, ignorant, arrogant, rude, caulky, etc.

I eventually left the place and the admissions office I dealt with tried to harass me after I didnt give in to her pressure tactics. She then emailed, mailed, called etc after I told her not to. She continued after asking her again not to and when I called to complain she had left the college. SHe deliberately did it because she knew she was leaving.

The financial aid dude wouldnt give me my finanical aid info and if he did always was with an argument. He then proceeded to be vindictive and register me for courses without my consent, bad mouth me to staff who knew he was miserable to begin with, call to register to be funny, send me bogus emails and surveys, etc. They even notified instructors of mine who would proceed to try and harass me in courses with comments, grading, etc. Complaints were mocked and disregarded and a higher up when taking a complaint up the chain told me to gather info and submit and was retired in two weeks. I knew better at that point so didnt expend much energy and knew she was like the rest, but she knew she was retiring and did it purposefully. Thats how they are there. Calls to others after when avoided.

One of the financial aid girls changed some of my info after confronting her as well and proceeded to send harassing mail, emails, TC's, surveys and had others do the same. She notified instructors as well and they tried the same. One teacher said to me "we stick together here". Complaints are a joke there and they sent me surveys after mocking the complaints. Would look up my info and leak out to professors, etc.

They definitely have fictitious students set up in classes as well, that wasnt hard to notice. I would concur with another they set up spyware in their systems. My second email that I never used or anyone wouldve had or knew, was gotten by them and I was sent emails to it after I know by them with personal info, etc. Knew they did something, spyware would make sense. I filed Dept of Education, FTC, ATtorney Generals, etc complaints that are still ongoing. The school is a disgrace and thats not blaming, thats who they are. You hear about other colleges and every one has their things, but you dont hear these complaint and if so theyre dealt with not overlooked. Definitely a disgraceful place. The word will get out eventually. They constantly try damage control for obvious reasons.

Call any of their places and the people on the phone are stupid, rude, caulky, unethical, arrogant, etc. You may get a nice one on occasion. Most colleges dont act like this...

They're disgusting, I was AMAZED and never thought anything like this imaginable. I transferred to three different campuses to try them at other sites, and no different. I eventually left but they are who they are. Dont anyone put this on finding someone to blame about something. Thats who they are. You handle situations in a manner consistent with who you are regardless of what it is, thats who they are.

Christopher Weller Apr 27, 2008

Strayer University shows little regard for following through on customer (student) complaints. Teachers change often because Strayer hires professionals who are possibly experienced or qualified in their profession, do not have the aptitude, deep desire, or professional training to teach others. Strongly urge adult students to pursue a regular college program rather than suffer the inconsistencies of Strayer's presentation of a degreee. Strayer is a for profit business, the stockholders come first, not the students...

Strayer University Greenvillemy experience

I have read a lot of student reviews of Strayer which specifically seem to point to problems with financial aid or the business office areas of the "university", and of course there is some complaint about the professors. I would like to add my voice to this issue. I taught at Strayer. All of the people I taught with were intelligent, kind people who I enjoyed spending time with, although I constantly heard stories from students about the kind of problems mentioned above. I have been teaching freshmen college courses for eight years and have two Master's degrees in my area. Strayer students are babies. They didn't actually hire me to uphold an academic standard. They hired me to give everyone Bs. I was not aware of this at the time I was working there. Furthermore, they are incredibly mismanaged. When two students verbally attacked me (for the grades they received)for grading their papers, the same way I always do, I was utterly unsupported. One of these students followed me through the office, shouting insults at me while I tried to leave the conversation because I actually felt unsafe. I tried to leave the building and the student blocked my exit. I had to shout out for help to get away from him. Other professors witnessed this and said that it was frightening and inappropriate. Strayer's response? They called in a substitute behind my back, refused to punish this student in any way, and held a discussion in my classroom (without my presence) about whether or not I was qualified to teach the class. Money is god at Strayer, and supporting an earnest, hardworking teacher who has her students' interest and success at heart is not important at all to them, and I will never be associated with their joke of a university again. I will also tell everyone I know about it.

3 Responses
            • Pr
              private4589 Aug 31, 2009

i disagree with the disgruntled professor, we work hard for are grades the professors cant teach from what i experienced they always complain how they dont have time to help students, because of other jobs excuses"only alloted a certain number of hours ect.
              The books suck really bad not for learning online and there are no videos or visual instruction, live classes are never scheduled and are dropped on you a day or two before thier held giving you know time to even be aware that thier being held let alone time to schedule for them.

Strayer needs better teachers, better books and videos, other wise dont waste youre time and money

• Pr
              private4589 Aug 31, 2009

thes classes are exstremely advanced and very hard we are not given good grades in fact i re ceived very harsh grades even though i felt i deserved better.

I think the books suck at strayer onine and they need videos of the teachersteaching, and most of the professors are bad at teaching.

Chakula Jul 06, 2009

Well I am sorry to hear about your experience. However my Professors have all graded me on my performance. I was very distressed by the death of my 18 year old brother Charles last year. My Professors gave me additional time to complete my assignments but I really could not function for a few months. I received a C for one class and a B for the other. I usually get all A's because I have always been on top of my assignments. The classes that I did not work really hard in I received a low grade. I received 20 A's 6 B's 1 C 1 D and the rest I transferred in from Kaplan University. Although I was hurt by the C and D I know that my Professors were fair. I received my BBA and now I am about to start the MBA program at Strayer.

Strayer Universitylieing

strayer university's business office is sorry because tell you that a pell check is mail one day and it should one day or other

• Wo
                wontbescamed2 Jan 13, 2010

Please UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX OMG you think you got issues with Strayer think again UOP has THE WORST FINANCIAL AID IN THE HISTORY OF ALL FINANCIAL AID THE MAKE YOU GET ALL KINDS OF STATEMENTS FROM THE TAX PREPARER EVEN WHEN THE TAX PREPARER STATES THAT THE TAXES ARE DONE CORRECTLY THEY STILL HAVE ISSUES! UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX GIVES YOU PROBLEMS WITH FINANCIAL AID ONLY IF YOU QUALIFY FOR PELL! IF NOT YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM BECAUSE THIS SCHOOL IS A TOTAL SCAM NOT TO MENTION HOW YOUR LEARNING TEAM WILL GET A GRADE EVEN IF THEY DONT DO THERE WORK THEY GET THE SAME GRADE AS YOU, NOW WHAT KIND OF
                BULL SH%& IS THAT !!! DUMB BI#%$'S GETTING GRADES AND NOT DOING THE WORK. OH DID I MENTION THAT IF YOU GO TO ONE NIGHT OF CLASS AND DESIDE YOU DONT WANT TO GO ANY MORE UOP WILL CHARGE YOU 1, 140 PLUS 250 OF COURSE FEE, THAT YOU DIDNT USE ...

D.A. COLUMBUS, GA
                X UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX STUDENT
                columbus GA campus

• St
                student Aug 28, 2009

Strayer University in Augusta, GA has the worse most incompitent financial manager I have ever seen. She never returns your calls. If she knew her job, so many people would not have the same issues with financial aid and disbursement. (I know they get a discount on tuition, so she need to get her dumb behind in one of those classes)

They do not care about your concerns because they are not the one who have to pay this money back. They try to be nice until you register for classes, but once you sign that dotted line they could give a damn about your problems or concerns. I think University of Phoenix would be a better choice for anyone. Strayer may have great instructors, but they need to clean house and start over with those idiots in the front office.

Strayer Universityfraudulent charges

I was researching online universities to see if I could find one that would best meet my needs. After reading the materials from Strayer I believed that this school would work for me, especially since they had a campus close to work and home.

So I made an appointment with a representative to discuss attending Strayer. The first thing I mentioned was that I was already in the process of pursuing my MBA and that I wanted to transfer my credits (I had 5 classes completed towards my degree).

When I met with the Strayer rep, I had a copy of the classes that I had attended at a State sponsored (accredited) University and we went over the classes and I was informed that I may lose one maybe two classes during transfer. I was fine with that but I said anymore classes then that and I would have to decline any acceptance to Strayer.

Well sure enough I received my information from them and they transfer over zero credits, well contacted the rep and said since they were not accepting any classes that I was not going to attend. I was told at that time to hold off on any decisions that my information was going to be re-submitted for review, so I waited.

I received another letter from them two days before class was to start, stating that they were only going to accept two classes. So the following Monday (first thing in the morning), which happened to be the first day of class though, I contacted them and stated that because of the lack of credits being transferred that I was going to have to decline the offer to attend Strayer.

I received a reply back stating that they fully understood and thanked for me at least thinking of attending there in the first place. I also, requested that I have a $25 charge refunded back to me, I was charged a fee for using some payment plan, which I never had any intention on using, but I never used it since I never attended the school.

I was told back in October that the $25 would be refunded back to, but it is now 12/19/05 and I have not seen a cent from them. On top of this $25 dollar charge, they also charged me approximately $170 for a drop fee. I stated that I did not drop the class, I never even accepted the offer to attend and that all delays were on Strayer's part.

I have sent at least half of dozen emails copying various individuals and no one has responded back, they told me to draft a formal letter and it would be sent to the regional office for review, that was a month ago. I am refusing to pay for charges that are the result of someone else's doing.

With the difficulty I am having getting this matter cleared up, I definetly glad I that I refused to attend Strayer. If anyone were to ask me what I thought of Strayer I would tell them that it seems that Strayer is not concerned about your education but only about making a quick buck. I would never recommend anyone to even waste their time on applying to Strayer University.

• Si
                  Simmertime II Jul 09, 2010

Strayer is a FOR-profit school. It's customers are students who need open-admissions to attend college. Most employers do not recognize their BA degree, let alone MBA. A waste of time and money. Yet people enroll here and at other for-profit schools for the convenience of not going to class.

• St
                  Student May 04, 2009

Strayer gets 70% of its income from the US taxpayer's Title IV student loan program. Is fraud going on?

Strayer Univeristyridiculous!

This "college" is absolutely ridiculous - whatever you do, avoid it. I have been involved with them for a year and a half and even after transferring over to another college, they still find ways to mess me over!
                Lets begin with the fact that they lost all my paperwork (bank statements from overseas, my college transcripts, notarized papers etc) not ONCE, but TWICE. I would keep calling my "adviser" if she can even be called that trying to find out what was happening with my acceptance into this college - yes, I had applied quite early, yet no one had the courtesy to tell me my paperwork was lost.
                As a result of lack of communication, I traveled from the SOUTH of the country to the EAST (that's a 30+ hour drive) to go to the college personally and find out what was happening.
                Upon reaching there, I find out that the ENTIRE staff had been fired, wiped out, top to bottom - hence assigned a new adviser (who ALSO left amazingly after 3 weeks), and having to explain my entire unique situation all over again.
                A week later, I made yet another 3 hour trip to the college to RESUBMIT paperwork that THEY had lost upon which I was in a car crash (approx. 1 mile away from my destination) - my brand new car was totaled and me and my parents were taken to ER BECAUSE THEY LOST MY PAPERWORK!!!
                Of course, later, they told me they FOUND all my papers miraculously. Brilliant!
                Oh, that's not all! Since I am an international student, I needed my I-20 transferred from my previous college to Strayer - there are deadlines, which if not met, put me out of status (i.e - illegal). No body told me about these deadlines. I just happened to call the college one day to inquire about something completely different, and they tell me, "oh by the way, today is the LAST day for to get in touch with your previous college and tell them to transfer over your stuff to us - OR you cannot be enrolled." And it was SUMMER - thankfully, my previous college was SO helpful and did everything for me in an hour.
                If you think this is over, it's not - their professors are ridiculous - I learnt NOTHING and wasted $3000 on my classes. Also, when they say they will "refund" you if you drop out of classes BEFORE classes begin, do not believe them. They will later tell you that you were "misinformed", and that the money rightfully is theirs.

Respond

Strayer University — dishonesty

Upon admission to strayer i was assured that my financial aid had gone through - i sent several concerns to...