Wow, where do I begin??
1. Ive been going to strayer 3+ years now.in the beginning, it was great everyone wanted to help you, I had allot of different folks doing my account, starting, financial, student support — "etc". One tells you one thing another tells another, from every department. The deans never side with you, if your dealing with an unprofessional professor. I've had a few whom felt challenged by me when I knew of the subject and had creditability to back it up, some professors tend to be hard nosed off subject curriculum. I had one professor change her class structure weekly so she could fail folks. I just say, on a assignment I was to submit. She decided to change the grading on it, leaving me an overall grade of a "b" by a point off of a "a". Another professor I had sent me a "f" grade to the school during mid-terms, when it was supposed to be a "b". Well, to make a long story short and after a few phone calls and my adviser who was very inconsiderate, during a long distance call I had to make... Said it wasn't a big deal, and I should get over it. I had to call the school on him to get another student adviser because of his un-professionalism. Well, after the bull that professor.. And adviser constant phone calls to the school he had to write me a letter of stating it was a mistake on his part for the "f" grade. Sadly, that took over 8 emails back and forth with him to finally get it and he waited until the course was over. Another professor, I had marked me wrong for a answer on a test that wasn't even wrong. I had debated with her and showed her proof that it was correct, i'll never forget that. She wouldn't budge for anything. Well, my revenge was an "a" in her class, even though she tried her best to fail me.. Lol. I could go on and on with a few others but I would not be getting to the good part.
2. Financial aide, (sigh) they mess up allot I was given the wrong aide amount for three semesters, I call this guy name "ryan m" he supposed to over-see financial-aide he's an # (should be fired, actually) he taught my call was funny and it wasn't he actually laughed and had me repeat myself a few times, I couldn't believe it. Well, needless to say I complained but no-one did anything, to satisfactory, I left numerous of call's to he's supervisor and emails, their always on vacation most of the time. Anyway... Needless to say, I ended-up having a book payment due, by the tune of $1, 130 and some change. Well, I had to stay out a whole quarter and I never found out where the other part of the money went??
3. I now have 5 classes left to finish my bachelors, but no money left to do so, they raise their semester price just about every semester. I have no money because I have reached my financial aide limit. No-one warned me early on to make a difference. Sadly, knowing this before my last semester I was forced to take two classes one being a bachelors requirement class the other a associates, why associates?? I complained prior that I had no degree with credits of over a hundred-plus.. I needed a degree of some kind and if I don't have enough money to finish I needed something to show for it. They said they understood.. Lol. Well, my student adviser looked at my course and was like you should have a degree. Well needless to say, he went to the dean which took two days for a decision and I was force to take a introduction course to "microsoft word" cis105 a course they had just put in recently. Stupid! So, I taking financial aide with only the amount left to take one class but I was told I had to take two, well I fought with them why can't I just take the one... It didn't matter I was told over and over you have to take two because your on financial aide. Because of this, now I have a balance of $937 and change + 150 to pay to get my official copy of my associates degree. Mind you I was going for my bachelors.
4. Funny thing is what happened to the money to pay my books that semester I was out, that could cover my balance now. When I brought that up, they made excuses and acted stupid. Well, I just moved recently and I am in the process of finding that book amount paper they mailed me over an year ago and I am thinking of getting a lawyer because they seem to have done something unethical. No-one at that school gives a # if your being wronged all they do is care about money.
5. Also, if your not-aware their financial aide department is "outsourced". So, if their sued they probably will blame them. Right now, I am without an official copy of a degree.. Because of a school balance. I personally think their sick.
6. Anyway, i'll end it there because I have some much more I could say of my incidences with this school, most where more bad than good. To this day I have over 147 credits and no official degree, in my hands. This school is all about money, period!!! The other posts didn't lie when said that! If anyway wants to start a suit, email me: [protected]@aol.com