Stratford Career InstituteHigh School Diploma not excepted anywhere

I paid $ 689.00 to this school for my high school diploma with the understanding from them that i will then be able to continue my education to my surprise today when i tried to enroll in BTI i was told that the diploma was no good A FAKE NOT EXCEPTED so i then tried to enroll in my local community college Racc and was told the same thing I'm so heart broken not only did i have to scratch and save to pay them every month but i also did not pay $689.00 for a worthless piece of paper to hang on my wall at my age now it will be impossible for me to pass the GED test now the subjects that our kid's are learning now i did not have them when i was in school i want a FULL REFUND I also placed a call to them and i was told because i took the test back in 2000 it is no longer any good please your diploma last a life tiime I'm also seeking legal help if anyone out there who has went threw the same thing please email me @ [protected]@aol.com let's put a stop to them the more people who contact me the better chance we stand on getting a REFUND thank you Sheila Sheriff

• Se
    Sean Carter Dec 28, 2016

I signed up today for the basics in Computer Programming. I understand 100% that this is not a degree or any kind of anything but a certificate that states that I have been shown a few things about computer programing. I found the documentation to be fair and truthful. I have not be promised a degree or a career after I have completed this course. Just the understanding that when My brother in law teaches me the things that bring in the 6 figures a year, Ill understand it.

• Ca
    cajungirl Feb 13, 2016

this is a rip off

• Ca
    cajungirl Feb 13, 2016

I thought by taking these classes I would be able to start a career in wedding planning, but I never got to.No one will accept this from them.Stratford did put it on my credit though.They can put a 108.00 dollars on my credit to ruin me, but they don't give credit where credit is due.Thanks to them now I can't trust no school for learning anymore.

MaryP74 Feb 08, 2016

i went through an got m high school diploma back in the early 2000 and to find out i wasted over $600.00 for nothing glad i found this out now before doing more courses through their school

• Mi
    Miss Amanda Nov 25, 2014

So many grammatical errors, no wonder none of you can get a High School Diploma. You probably wouldn't even be able to read what it says.

• Mo
    morgancaffrey Apr 25, 2012

My freind is disabled, homebound. Wanted to find a career where he could be useful to society and earn living. Worked his butt off on the tests for a year, paid the $680. and will not be able to use the GED anywhere???? HOW can this be legal? He kept telling me how he would continue through college but now he's stuck; it took a lot for him to come up with the money, he gets $700. per month on SSI. I told him to contact free legal advice. Hopefully he can get his money back.

• Fe
    Federation Mar 31, 2012

It's not that the diploma is "fake or not". The diploma is a real document that came from what appears to be a legitimate educational source. The point of the matter is the degree of credibility or recognition of the document (diploma in this particular situation) towards it being considered a qualifying subsitute for an actual high school diploma. In this case again the diploma was not accepted as representing and education foundation that meets the receiving parties criteria and as such and in this particular case, they refused its credibility and labeled it a "fake".

Such a diploma is really only a tool to use for mature students to show prospective continued educational sources that you have obtained a base level of curiculum exposure and the SCI brochure should have stated this. I know that the selling agents will say almost anything to sell the product so it is very important that the purchaser be very prudent when examining the documentation and to obtain some opinions from prospective employers or schools in this matter to see how they react before enrolling.

• As
    Ashley's Mom Feb 01, 2012

Why why...We all thought it was a "REAL" diploma. They lead you to believe it.

• As
    Ashley's Mom Jan 16, 2012

The same-thing happened to me!! I am now looking into doing something myself...maybe, if we can get enough of us together we can get "SOMETHING" done!! I will contact you! They are a bunch of rip-offs, rapist. I called many of times and have gotten nowhere. "I am reporting them to BBB today!!