Complaints & Reviews

don't deal with them

I am happy I haven't spent much more money like other people who also suffered from them.
But my items weren't shipped either. I tried hard to make them do it, but all of my actions were useless. They still keep ignoring me and never answered my endless calls and numerous emails.
Didn't expect it would happen to me.
I highly recommend avoiding this company.

order not fulfilled; lack of communication;

Order placed 13 September 2017, value US$32.25. Order "updated" 15 September 2017, "awaiting shipment". No further order status update. Goods have not arrived, which even for Australia is a long time. They have taken my money but not delivered. Communication with the company is definitely one way - me to them and no reply.

Judging by the number of bad reviews of this company I fail to understand how they can still be operating after their claimed 30 years in business.

they took my money and didn't ship the product

Ordered a lovely clock for my grandmother as a birthday present. They took my money and I was supposed to get my order in a few weeks. Nothing arrived so I emailed Steebar but received no information about my order. The site still showed that my order was pending. I also tried to reach someone via phone but they did not pick up. I already sent them about 50 messages and asked for a refund many times, but they continue to ignore me and it seems like they decided to keep both my money and clock.

stay away!

This company is absolutely disgusting! I purchased a clock from Steebar and when I received the clock it was defective. I immediately contacted customer service and described the problem. Their rep agreed that it was defective and told that they would send me another one. That was over two months ago and still no replacement. I tried to contact someone from the company many times, but they won't even answer the phone. I left some voice mails and messages, but heard nothing back. Stay away from this fraudulent business.

clock insert

They shipped me an insert that did not work (faulty wouldn't even run). I contacted them and got one or two...

don't buy from

I placed an order with these people for 18 pcs of 1/8 plywood 12"x24" what I got about 4wks later was 18pcs of 1/8' ply 12x12. I guess they don't know how to read a ruller, I did send the plywood back with copy of packing slip which clearly states 12x24 with a note saying what the problem is and...haven't heard back yet and its been around 2 1/2 weeks. I guess I can kiss my $62 bye bye. They never replyed to any emails or phone calls and after contacting scrollsaw magazine they told me the same thing, never answers their calls or emails so they don't do business with them. stay away from these people and save your money or just deal with sloans woodshop who are very honest and answer any inquires.

• Fo
    forthou Jan 07, 2012

I've made an order from France at Steebar .com.
    They take my money and don't send me my product !
    I am far away from US and I don't know what to do...
    Is there anyone to help me ?
    Thankyou very much .

• Re
    Reviewer91274 Nov 17, 2015

I ordered parts from this company they charged my card never got my stuff DO NOT ORDER from them total ripoff I don't understand how they even have a running website since they have been out of business for 3 years

should have checked the bbb first, they have an f

Should have checked the bbb first, they have an f. I placed an order using their pretty good web site, but no...

order not filled, unable to contact

Part order filled, backorder still not delivered 1 month later despite credit card being charged at time of...

order not filled, no contact.

Pen blanks ordered, not received. Gave my visa number. I have sent numerous emails but they are all unanswered. As of the moment, my visa account has not been charged but am keeping my fingers crossed after reading all the 'money-taken-no-product-delivered' reports.

• Mi
    Mike W. Jul 17, 2009

Same here. I ordered pen parts. After 3 weeks and 3 unanswered emails, I called. A lady answered and had "Ken" or somebody call back. He was real nice. Said he would get back with me about the order by the next day. No word from them after that. Now they don't answer the phone. They may as well not answer. It saves long distance charges when they will not communicate. You must hang up before the answering machine "enter remote access code" message comes on. I haven't checked my Visa billing yet.

order

I ordered clock inserts, account was charged. Steebar will not answer emails or phone calls. I do not know when or if they ever will ship .

• Aw
    A Wolf Nov 02, 2008

I have the same problem. I was charged full price. No quanity discount like it said and still no product.

• Dc
    D Casteel Nov 04, 2008

Same problem. Order placed and acknowledged, credit card charged, no merchandise. It has been one year and they have not answered any of at least a dozen emails and they never answer the phone.

• Da
    dan daniels Nov 18, 2008

Yep, these folks stole $96 from me. I suspect they are a fraud. They have a great website to suck you in, but once you order they have your credit card number. Then they don't respond to emails or phone calls. When I call now, three months after my order, all I get is a busy signal.

They take you personal info and then disappear. I've reported them to everyone I can think of and suggest you all do the same to protect others.

• Ke
    Kenneth Schwartz Nov 20, 2008

I have had the same problem. No product, no contact, no phones being answered. I suggest that we report them to the New Jersey Attorney General's Office.

• Ea
    Earl Nov 21, 2008

Have a similar issue. Actually got in contact with someone after faxing him. He called my home, was told to contact my fiance's cell phone to discuss the matter with him. He never called my fiance.

His persistence led to a promise to deliver the missing pieces as of yesterday (11/20). My fiance tells me not to hold my breath.

Let me tell you, the look on my father-in-law's face when he saw his sheets of wood for his birthday was priceless. And not in the good way.

• Sj
    SJPerry Aug 31, 2009

Steebar ripped me off. No clock and no return. I have contacted my credit card company about the fraud this web site is involved in.

• Nl
    nLeddy Dec 15, 2010

Ordered pen parts as of December 3rd, 2010. It is now the 15th, ive been charged, no more information. I have tried calling, emailing etc. No response. Looks like i will be calling the Credit Card Company and trying to cancel.

• Ro
    roscoe42us Nov 30, 2014

My complaints are similar to the above. I did receive my product, however two of the items were defective -grossly inaccurate temperature and hygrometer gauges. They have not answered four e-mails sent to them requesting assistance.

another victim of Steebar Dec 12, 2014

Even after this lawsuit by the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs, Steebar.com continues the practice of Fraud. How is this allowed?

• Ar
    Art L Aug 04, 2015

Sounds like I'm piling on, but my story is pretty much the same. I received a defective part and they promised to send a new one fromconfirmed available stock. Nothing sent. No responses to emails or messages.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices