State of Florida Child Support Enforcementchild support

M Review updated:

CSE has been on my case since March...and nothing but delinquency letters have been sent since that date...now over $19, 000 in arrears??!! At one point the case was closed, because one of the notices was "stuck in print"...never went out and if I hadn't called, would still be sitting there with my case stopped. One call I was told they filed a motion for contempt, then the next call, they said that was not true, and not only was the third delinquency notice not sent, the second one wasn't sent. I was told after the third delinquency, they would suspend DL...nope...sent another letter, telling him he had to come in for an interview by a certain date (SURPRISE...the guy who was months late on support, was ignoring the delinquency notices...didn't come in for the interview!!!) When I confronted CSE about the changing status on my reports, turns out that someone elses notes were in my file??!!! They were reading THEIR status! I spoke with a suprvsr and asked, when I call in the future, how to be sure I'm being given correct info and how this happened and the response was that the case workers are underpaid??!! Ridiculous...in the meantime, I gave ALL info to CSE...told them about his licenses and business license...not only were they not suspended, the ex got a tobacco license while owing more than $10, 000 in support (by the way, their SS# is reported for this license specifically to track title IVD (support delinquencies), yet meant nothing...got his license and continues to not pay. I had his drivers license suspended months ago...continues to drive...the enforcement is plain ridiculous

• Ra
    RailroadedMom Feb 12, 2019

If they wanted to help the children, they would help the children. The system is a mockery. What it really is a deep state bureaucracy with an agenda that we would probably be shocked about if we knew the whole story. But there is one thing the Florida Dept of Revenue Child Support Enforcement does not do and that is to advocate for children. We're not stupid. We know what our experiences with the system are. There's no urgency to advocate for children. The system is designed more to protect deadbeats than it would ever be to help children and single parents struggling to make ends meet. Our children deserve better than this. If these idiots would simply put deadbeats in jail instead of protecting them, guess what? They would be paying their court ordered child support so fast, CSE could cut it's staff in half, at least. Instead, yep they're on the case. They spend 6 months suspending deadbeat's passport! But he doesn't have a passport you say? Well, just in case he gets one. That'll show him. Yep. The kids and I will be here waiting, you stupid [censored]s. What idiot comes up with this stuff? When I pointed out that suspending his passport that doesn't exist has no bearing and asked can't they file a motion for contempt or, better yet, jail him, oh no, no, no, no, no, that's a last resort. Right, you mean the process that might actually work. And don't get me started about the corruption of the family law court, especially Duval County. The magistrates and judges clearly have a biased agenda toward deadbeats for some god forsaken reason. I've had the judge in my case smirk as he defends my deadbeat who hasn't paid child support in a year and refuses to work or when he does get a job, refuses to submit the IWO to his employer or tell me who his employer is. You may think this is cute as your bias shows, but you are hurting innocent children. You know who you are. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Is there anyone out there who is willing to advocate for the children? Anybody at all?

CHerre Mar 19, 2017

I have had a long drawn out experience with Child Support Enforcement here in Florida. Doesn't matter what County you live in it is the Central Affairs Office that is lacking in conviction and integrity when looking after the "best interest of the child". My child's father is a veteran he owes over $29, 000.00 in Arrears and $2, 000.00 in Past Due. He had his own company and was not paying support for two years. The STATE has a "TAX OFFSET" with the IRS yet its been three years and I have yet to see a tax check?? I called them about enforcement filed paperwork over 6 months ago, they said, "The original order is an out of state order that is why its taking so long because we have to wait for the other state to modify the order since the original controlling order came from his state" Then? After I look on my case do I see that after 6 months the other state still hasn't done anything with the case I called the state he was in CSE office. They said "we didn't get a request for modification or request for review of the arrears accrued we just got a request for assistance for enforcement" They didn't even know they had the controlling order!!??. So, I called back the Child Support Enforcement office here they tell me "No we can modify the order." I said, "That's not what you told me when I first requested Modification, enforcement and review it is also not what the "other" states statutes say". So, maybe I should allow the other state to take over my case since we all are supposed to be "representing the best interest of the child" and you can't seem to stretch the long arm of the law and out State statutes that far in order to get things done? I mean after all isn't this about the best interest of the child not which state is doing it?" They said they contacted the "other state" for assistance on enforcement. Someone who knows what they are doing and is not lazy about making absent parents responsible for their child's support needs to take over and organize this OFFICE ASAP. All I know is this!!! CSE is not a not for profit office it is a state run revenue which means they can be sued and they need to put their nose to the grindstone and get busy figuring out how to work this system more efficiently before someone like myself files a lawsuit against them in court. (which I am highly considering doing) SINCE I have been told one thing (ie "We do not have the controlling order and we have to wait for the other state to review and modify the child support and Arrears." and then "No, we can modify it")

• Le
    lealea07 Mar 06, 2017

I can relate because my child support payments come directly out of the father's pay check from his job, but I haven't received a support payment in seven weeks & everytime I call eternal revenue they claim they haven't received any payments from the paying parent, although his job has proven otherwise that their submitting the payments each week, it's sad when child support is for the children & child support eternally revenue neglect to do their job & obligations for the kids receiving support when it's the kids money being held up for no reason.My child's money is going somewhere but not to me ...

• Ha
    HallieG Dec 26, 2016

FLORIDA CHILD SUPPORt ENFORCEMENT's ONLINE CHAT IS A JOKE!! THEY ARE NEVER REACHABLE BY PHONE, SO I AM FORCED TO TRY THE ONLINE CHAT. I ALWAYS GET A RUDE FEMALE WHO CONSTANTLY ASKS TO VERIFY MY ADDRESS AFTER I HAVE ALREADY VERIFIED IT, THEN SHE SAYS, "HOW MAY I HELP YOU?" I TELL HER THAT MY CHILD'S FATHER IS 70 DAYS PAST DUE AND I WOULD LIKE ENFORCEMENT ACTION ON THE CASE. NOTHING IS EVER DONE!!! These people do not care, they seem to be incompetent, and I believe after 10 years of dealing with these people that this system is corrupt. Very dissatisfied. UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Ca
    cami0809 May 25, 2016

Forced to leave Florida to find employment AFTER ex-husband proved to be leach and not pay child support. Couldn't take children with me because of state laws. As soon as I left he immediately filed for change in custody and support. Took him 2 months. Have been paying child support and arrears for 14 years in addition to supplemental clothing, medical, etc because the children won't be taken to the doctor and they arrive in New England with clothes that don't fit or are held together with safety pins. Yet, on a TSA salary, he owns a $54, 000.00 boat, Florida swamp land and takes annual cruises. He registered the children in Tampa noting the stepmother as the mother; the school district had no knowledge of me. Why is this important? For 6 years my son had continuous disciplinary, academic and drug problems. I didn't know about this until he was ready to drop out of high school. The drug problems I suspected. Called Child Services and the Sheriff's Department - he was more concerned about his job than his son. For 2 years (ages 18 - 20) I had in a specialized recovery high school program for his diploma - dual support. He is 22 - I am still paying support to Florida. My daughter required physical therapy for her knee. He provided no medical care. No prescriptions for an infected insect bit. I paid for it. I retained an attorney January, 2014. Every motion that was submitted has been dismissed. I have paid what was due - my children never saw a dime. I agree - the system is broken. This coming from the other perspective.

• Es
    Escarosa Born & Raised Apr 27, 2016

Here's my problem with this: First off... I have no problem paying for my child. I just can't do so at the moment; as I am fighting for my disability (another joke of a system BTW). But, I had filed for an Abatement hearing, due to the fact that I am fighting for my disability. The hearing officer did not even bother to look at the evidence that I had to present. As a matter of fact, all he did was tell me that he's not a doctor; and can't make judgement as to whether I can work or not. Yes, I'm a little over $3000.00 behind. No, I can't pay at the moment. That still doesn't give him any reason to cut me off, and put me down in an open court system. FYI: This particular instance happened in ESCAMBIA COUNTY.
    My thing is this: does anyone know how to file a formal complaint for him not doing his job; and hearing both sides justly?
    ESCAROSA AREA LIFER

• Ti
    Tiredmomof3 Feb 09, 2016

My ex had learned exactly what he can get away with to avoid any issues. He will make a partial payment to keep his license. He does contract work and takes the child support out that he does pay before taxes and makes sure he breaks even so the arrears can't be paid out of tax returns. In four years he is almost 18000 behind. When he gets his drivers license suspended he still drives because unless he gets pulled over nothing will happen. If I didn't take care of my children with a roof over their head and food on the table I would lose custody of them but he won't lose any rights to them when he doesn't take care of them.

• St
    Stupidchildsupportagency Apr 15, 2015

Women this is coming from a full time working mother of two kids that has 50% custody of my step daughter with my husband and pay this little girl's loser 41 year old mother child support and now she took our child credit from the taxes. ADVICE: STOP COMPLAINING AND GO GET A JOB, TWO, THREE IF YOU NEED TO. I am doing it now and it is possible. IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO STOP PAYING THIS DEADBEAT WOMAN CHILD SUPPORT for her drinking binges and Tiffany sunglasses and Michael Kors purses. While my step-daughter is skinny and only likes to go shopping. Anyone know how I can do this? What child support agency do I contact?

CHerre Mar 19, 2017

@Stupidchildsupportagency I congratulate you on working full time some mothers do not have that option. I am not going to say there are not bad mothers who use child support for their own gain? but? I am confused because you say "you have 50% custody of your step daughter with your husband"? However, What you do not seem to understand is regardless of if the Payee "gets a job" Child support is established based on both parties income. EVEN if they do not have a job their half of child support is based off "how much they made or can make if they were working" So for instance, If a persons last job they worked $15 an hour then child support would be evaluated at that income plus the other parents income if they never had a job in their life Child Support is evaluated off State Minimum Wage. The goal is to make sure the child is afforded the same lifestyle as if both parents were still together same with one of them getting a raise "if their income goes up and they were still in the home the child's lifestyle would also and they should be afforded the same luxury's as the absent parent's home" You may want to check your state Statutes because last I was told, "that if custody is shared an equal amount of time both parties could be dismissed from payment of child support" but even if a parent does work the other parent would still have to pay support. Besides I do not know what logic people think with when it comes to having a child. If you made one YOU pay for one. NO ONE should think just because the other parent has a job the absent parent should be dismissed from paying for his/her responsibility. But if your husband has stepped up to the plate and is sharing custody then he is already sharing half the financial cost when she comes to visit (what I been told is total time is at least half the year, add up all time and if it equals half of 365 days of the year then he could request dismissal of support) Keep receipts also to prove how much a year he spends on how much he provides for the child on top of support. If I were you I would check with the laws on Shared custody and child support.

• Gr
    Grif5050 Mar 31, 2015

I am paying child support for two children by an administrative order. But since the beginning of the year my son has come to stay with me. I a trying to modify the order to where I just pay y retro active fee and/or for one child. They sent a letter requesting proof that my son was staying with me which I did. But they are now telling me over the phone that they are not going to modify the order because the order is not yet three years old. I am struggling to pay bills and take care of my child. If anybody has any good advise I could sure use it. My e-mail is [email protected]

madasheck9 Feb 11, 2015

I am now today entering into another battle with The Florida Child Support Enforcement Div. For many years now i have been living in illinois and the support case from florida was turned over to illinois . thru income deduction over the past 4 years of $600 a month i have paid off the back balance florida told illinois i owed. Illinois canceled the withholding order because i satisfied my debt, released my drivers license and said i had met my obligations. That was the 16th of august 2014. Today out of the blue i got a notice from my bank stating that florida put a hold on my bank account because i owe $3, 300.00 in outstanding support ???? Both children are years past the 18 year old age that support was granted to yet florida has filed a back support charge for 600 a month since my final payment back in august. I am being illegally cherged support on a case that is closed and they have seized a bank account illegally . This is a Total Abuse of power .

• Er
    Ernest Aviles Jan 16, 2015

I cannot believe this Department! I have'nt ever had to use them but now that the mother of my children hasnt had a place to live in over 6 months I finally went in 2 months ago to have them make her pay some support. I never heard back from the department and when I finally go back in to find out what the hell is going on with my request for help, they tell me the system shows the mom with the kids! Are you kidding me! And no one could call or email or text or leave me a voicemail about this screw up? Now 7 months later and with no official help from the dead beat mom, I have to wait for a letter so that I can officially get a court date to get this corrected. Meanwhile she'll do her taxes with the children and get more of our money while she lives carefree from paying to help raise the children! What a waste of resources this department is. How can the system show her with the children when I was awarded full custody and then I give her shared? What a messed up system this is.

MO mom Dec 03, 2014

I have an interstate case FL/MO and I was given the run around for years. I would call twice (maybe 3 times) a month and it resulted in nothing. My ex-husband owed more than $29, 000 in arrears and I did not get one penny. The CSE office in Missouri was given the run around as well. FL CSE office would not return their phone calls and ignored their letters. So I asked my caseworker who do I speak with higher up about them and I was told their governor. So I made one last effort to call and make sure they had all of the information needed only to be told MY CASE WAS CLOSED. I typed up a very nice email to Floridas governor office and I received and email the same day saying they were going to look into it. That very next day FL CSE office CALLED ME and told me it was closed by mistake and that they reopened it. Later on the same day, the governors office sent me another email making sure the CSE contacted me personally and that they were going to keep an eye out on my case. That very next month I received a payment!! They were able to garnish is Disability check...well look at there!! If I would have known that all I had to do was bring it to the light of other people, I would've been done that! I hope this information helps the rest of you...I understand your frustrations. Florida CSE is a joke! Its sad you have to stay on them heavily to collect your money...they act like its theirs and don't want you to have any! SMH...

• Di
    Diane1968 Oct 02, 2014

Wow reading each and every one of these posts makes me want to poke my eyes out. I am on both sides here. I am the mother of a 16 year old girl who was adopted by my husband and I. After many many MANY affairs and years of lying I told him to get out of my house. With that he took half our income which equaled to be 50, 000 a year. Mind you he is on disability and states he can't work, even though his doc says 75%disabled. He refuses to give me any money towards supporting our daughter. He was living with my mother at $150 a month rent while I kept the family home at $700 a month. When I filed for CS he moved into a real house also paying $700 a month just so he can substantiate bills... Although by income calculator he should pay $700 monthly I asked for $200. That way I wouldn't ruin him financially but I could really use some help with groceries... He refused but at the same time bragged that he took his girlfriend (who is a married woman) to dinner and a movie and spent $300... I was livid but I kept my mouth shut. Anyway a year has passed and still nothing from DOR. Patiently I wait. She will be 18 in a year and I honestly don't expect a penny but that's ok cause I am a mother and I will make sure she is well taken care of.
    Next is my boyfriend. He has 2 kids with his ex. Well one is not biologically his but the kid is 11 and has no idea that he was conceived as a product of an affair. My guy doesn't raise this issue because he is a good man and it's not the boys fault. When his ex divorced him to marry his brother (yes she married her husbands brother) they agreed on $468 a month direct pay. He paid it no problem thru Western Union and some months paid double, when she cried she had no rent money. Ok now fast forward 4 years, my guy moves to Fla to be closer to his kids (he had been in Tenn) she files with DOR for enforcement and claims $28500 in arrears. He provides most receipts and the exs rebuttal is she didn't consider those payments CS therefore he owes... DOR sides with her and threatens his license. He contests and wins. Now because the original order was out of Ga WE have it domesticated and the DOR does that with $0 arrears. She is ready to kill.. Anyway currently my BF is not making what he made in the past. He is making partial payments while the modification goes its way thru the river of crap.. Arrears build up but he is trying his best. He cannot work much, he was hit by a car had 2broken hips both legs broke arm broke, he has arthritis really bad and gout. He works part time doing what he can. Ex claims it's not enough so she is fighting him and using the kids to do it.. It's a shame that he is losing his kids cause they hate him because the ex is a vile b#*%h.. But still he pays what he can and tries..

• Di
    Disappointed in lack of justice Sep 22, 2014

Sadly the reality is Cse in Florida will close out your cases with flimsy excuses. Whether you have an address or not, copy of his Florida plates, addresses to their jobs. My ex-husband fled to Florida 10 years ago and we haven't been able to enforce his order since. The addresses that were provided they basically did nothing with it. He moves around frequently so if they don't act they miss him. They closed out my file because my son reached age 18 so I guess they figure he doesn't need the back support even though my son is disabled. Sorry but my experience with this child support agency is that they are lazy and do not care about the needs of the child. Unless of course you're on public assistance and owe the state money then you will float to the top of the list. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

• Pa
    Paula Hamilton-Testa Sep 08, 2014

I have spent the last 20+ years trying to Collect Child support from a deadbeat parent! ($47.00 per wk.) Now over $33, 700!! Thanks to Florida OCSE My case is and has been a "Can of Worms" since the very Start (1991) ALL of my Pleas for HELP and/or Complaints were referred back to my Local Office! and NOTHING HAPPENS!! REFORM OCSE!! Justice for CHILDREN/Families, NOT DEADBEATS!

Mary0013 Aug 07, 2014

I went to florida child support office in pensacola. They were horrible first off they lost my payment said they couldn't do anything for me since he was in Navy and was protect by solider and sailor act. That he was protect. The idiots need to read the law it doesn't protect against child support. They them closed my case and the payment still hasn't came to my daughter. They are horrible.

• Et
    etown235 Jul 29, 2014

The Department of revenue is fraud and orders child support orders that are unreasonable to pay. Why does a 4 year old cost 1260.00 month? My income was 2500.00 a month. I was not able to pay the full amount so now I owe 25, 000.00 in back child support. How is this even possible? The department of revenue told me to bad when I told them I got laid off from my job and needed my order changed.

• Aa
    aalessi Jul 06, 2014

Can someone tell me how long it will take for me to receive child support after Florida closed it without my consent? It is an order from NY to Florida. He lives in ny I live in Florida. He hasn't paid in most 10 years, now he is and there is money just sitting there that I can't touch till the system merges my old account with my new one. Someone help!!

• Sc
    screwed by dor Jun 29, 2014

I pay my support. Yet the for still took 1300 of my tax return . I use my return to pay my support through out the year. I am now behind for has the money and they admit to having the money but will not re lease it . how can I get the money due tto my child . please email help dsoucey @ gmail. Com

• Co
    concerned fl male Jun 18, 2014

I have to say that Florida's system stinks big time. I know of a man that is a criminal registrant in Hillsborough County and has a history of violence. One of his charges is aggravated battery on LEO with a deadly weapon as well as two charges of aggravated assault on LEO with a deadly weapon. He is very violent and should loose his children because of this. Plus, he has a criminal rap sheet a mile long in Hillsborough County and Lake County.

• Sl
    slynn1 Jun 04, 2014

I cannot for the life of me believe some of the hate spewed at mothers. Most single mothers do work, even if they are collecting welfare, because it does not pay enough to live on. How when you marry someone, are you to know they are going to choose not to pay child support? To the ### that is complaining about your boyfriend's children living in poverty, why does your husband not gain custody if their living situation is so dire. When you have children guess what you need to help support them. The state should not have too! I live in California, and it is the same here. It should be Deadbeataforna, because the judges care less about the welfare of the children. My child support has always been laughable amount. I worked, and my ex throughout my children' s childhood refused to pay, and then had another child he emotionally scarred, as much as he did mine . Well, now that they are both adults, and I am married, I now get child support! Lucky me! I needed it when they were young, to pay for diapers and day care. But reading others posts I should be lucky I get it now. Child support seems to suck in many states. You have my sympathies responsible parents. I hope at some point these agencies get a overhaul. Family judges need to think of the children, not of give the dead beat parents break after break. Send their dead beat ### to jail. I beat suddenly they will have the money.

• Po
    PO'dMominGA Jun 02, 2014

My case is an interstate case between GA/FL. He is over $8000 in arrears, and somehow got a judge to agree to a $60 month payment ... 12 YEARS to pay off what he owes .. and of course he has not made ONE .. not a SINGLE PAYMENT after that! They are once again "trying" to suspend her driver's license .. at a certain point ... which part of "he is not and will pay" do they not get? The only time I have ever gotten any money is when they intercept income tax returns or he goes to jail, then it magically appears.

• Sl
    slynn1 May 26, 2014

California is no matter than Florida, but is more the amount of child support is laughable! I got 300 for my two older boys, and 350 for my youngest. Enforcement of child support is a joke, and to date my ex owes 70, 000. I hate the condescending ### judges, who goal in life is to help irresponsible deadbeat parents! Now, that my children are grown I am getting child support. Well, I do not need it now, I needed when they were little to buy diapers! So I was not living in hand to mouth! Now I have a wonderful husband, and I stable home. Why cannot child support agencies throw dead beat ### ### parents in jail! Make them work on the dam freeway with the criminals because denying your child support is! The a*****e that says get a job or you should not have procreated with a dead beat! I worked my ### off, and my child had ADHD, and myself and my oldest suffered from PSTD from my abusive! Custodial parents have the right to expect financial help in raising their children. You are not the ones working and taking them to school, buying their clothes, taking them to the doctor, changing their diapers and spending all night up with them when they are sick. Being a weekend parent is not the same as having your child daily! Having a child with learning disabilities and suffering from violence inflicted by their father, is disgusting. Judges do not care! They could care less if they children they should be advocating for are in a stable environment.They do this everyday, by making unfair and unethical orders, and giving dead beat parents break after break. I hope those judges in Florida and California have a special place in hell, right next to all the dead beat parents of the world. You helped create them, get off your lazy ### and support them!

• Fo
    fool2cry May 17, 2014

Been in the FL DOR system for 5 years now. Its an interstate case with Texas. Its funny to see folks from Florida try to collect from Texas. Texas keeps making excuses to me that Florida isn't doing its thing. I am a working parent and any child support we get helps us through the month. Calling the agency is like spitting into the wind. If you need action on your case, then write to your elected officials. That especially goes for interstate enforcement cases. I consulted with many private attorneys over the years and 1/2 of them tell me to stay with FL DOR. The rest would be glad to charge me $3000 or more and could not guarantee results. At our last hearing the Hearing Officer told the non paying parent to pay "when he can". Really? They never checked bank balances, tax refunds, or any ability to pay. That parent got a "get out of jail" card for life now!

• I have been dealing with the Florida DOR for 17 years, and it has been a complete waist of time. My daughter's dad is in Texas, and I was living in Florida when the case was first opened. I was called every month to request enforcement, but was told they have sent a transmittal to the state of Texas, and they are waiting on their response. This went on for years, but about 4-5 years ago when I called to request enforcement I was told that "the system will automatically enforce the order, and their is no need for me to continue to call." The last child support payment I received from him was in 2011 (for 39.00). This clown has been in and out of jail numerous of times on unrelated child support charges, and has always been able to bond out or be release without having to pay a dime in child support. He is currently over $19, 000 behind in support, and the state of Florida did NOTHING to collect this...How can someone go years without paying, when the child support office claims to be "enforcing" all cases as needed?? They also retained his one and only tax refund (in the amount of $4, 000) that he has ever filed in the last 17 years for "Welfare payments" that I received though the state of Florida when my daughter was 3, but please keep in mind I only received cash assistance once, and it was 2 months only, so how did I receive 4, 000 in Welfare payments in a 2 month period. I questioned this several times, and was always told "it is being investigated" and someone would get back to me, but NO ONE has until this day, and this happened @ 10 years ago. I even attempted to have my case moved to Georgia when I moved, but was told I had to pay a $150.00 transfer fee to have my case moved, and the state of Georgia wanted me to pay $100.00 + a 25.00 processing fee to receive my case, so I left it in the state of Florida. Today I called and was told "your case closed in November because you failed to comply" a letter was mailed (that I never got, and the guy could not tell me what address it was mailed to because "he couldn't see compliance letters"). So apparently they closed my case (I didn't even know because my last payment was 7/2011) because of a compliance letter, but that clown is still walking around and not taking responsibility for his child, and is not being forced to. He has NEVER spent a day in jail, still has his license that have NEVER been suspended, and has been living in the same location ALL of his life. Child support offices are a fricking JOKE, they harass who they want to, and are lazy as hell. WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING that is being collected, but not disbursed?? They put out a suspension notice for my friends license and he was less than 300.00 behind.

Mommy L Mar 20, 2014

Momma T
    I could not agree with you more. Not only is my husband a good guy but guess what because of Child Support, he pays excess and they won't fix it without having to go before General Magistrate? Really? The court order tells the ###s how much to take and yet they cannot follow simple directions. In addition, we have a greedy ex-wife situation that loves to do the same thing: withhold the child, needs money constantly, and drives me up the wall with her stupidity. Child Support doesn't help. She can't budget her money and they take too much or fail to pay her on time and its his fault? Child Support requires you to sue them in court for their mistakes. Really? It seems it would cost them a lot of attorney fees when they lose.

MOMMA "T" Mar 05, 2014

I live in North Carolina, my ex took me too court so he could pay child support because I wouldn't go. i thought it wasn't needed if he helped when he could, we split shortly before I found out I was pregnant. According to him his girlfriend at the time didn't want him sending any money or spending any time with his daughter. He felt that would be the only way to contribute without drama...sadly he chose shortly after child support court not to come around at all, I am assuming to make his girlfriend happy? Not sure, who knows. None the less, it has been the same for many, many, years, no issue's no problems. Minus the fact he chooses not to see his daughter. I could have taken it back to court and increased support several times, but I work, and I honestly don't feel the need to be spiteful, and currently am capable and even willing to do what I need to do to take very good care of her. My boyfriend on the other hand is another story, he has two boys from a previous relationship he has full custody of, and one that lives in Florida for which he has never seen. He pays more than the Florida calculator said, unless you do his income at gross not net, so we believe an error was made in filing initially to begin with. Every time he calls he is treated like a ###, talked down too, he has even been hung up on, clearly because the lady he was talking too had a bad day and was tired of dealing with "dead beat dads". Well, there not all like that, he pays, he doesn't mind, even if it's almost two hundred dollars more a month, and his ex will not allow him to see or talk to his son, the fact that he lives in NC, serves horribly for hiring an attorney, and I feel so sad for him, and even worse for this small child who doesn't even know who his father is out of his mother's own spite. We are currently working to save for an attorney, we both work full time and have our three children, we don't struggle too horribly bad, but if it's not right it just isn't right. He hasn't had a federal tax return in years. But every time he calls, they say he is up to date with his order and currently has nothing due, but that's usually after about 45 minutes on hold to get to talk to a hostile "man hater" who is rude and disrespectful. I see a lot of negative every where reference the men, but what about the women? This man is an awesome father, loves and cares about his children, provides for all and is not allowed to see the one...she claims no income, is always trying to increase support...geez when will enough be enough for all the selfish, spiteful, juvenile, ridiculous women out there? Isn't always suppose to be for what is in the best interest of the child? And in this situation all the children?

• Fr
    Frankie R. Dec 31, 2013

I strongly agree from personel experience!! It is frustrating when the NCP makes their payments and the State fails to pass on payments to CP for what is rightfully and needed for the children in these broken homes. There has to be a way to take control of such payments when the middle man (State) fails to accurately provide what is already rightfully the childrens money to these children. Is there a remedy to withdraw such awful services from the State and regain control ourselves? Also, I understand it is for record keeping but why can't these garnished wages be set up to go directly to the CP which is the receiving party anyway? And to be honest... they don't even keep the records accurate. We need to take matters into our own hands and not rely on third parties (State). The well being of our children depend on it.

• Ga
    Gallery700 Nov 28, 2013

There are cases out there where child support has been paid 20 years later. The State of Florida outsources the disbursement unit outside of the State of Florida thank you to the Governor. There are numerous cases where all of a sudden $1000 is paid and there is proof that Florida received it years ago. My case is a Florida child support case and is being heard for collection in New York. New York recently told the Florida case worker that a 5000 payment was made because the father was picked up on a warrant in New York. (It took me 3 years to get a warrant in New York.) I never received a penny. New York and Florida is keeping the money. ACF in Washington is covering up for both States stating there was no payment. This is going to continue until all of us get together, work together, start a petition, and take it to court. I work 3 jobs because it is my responsibility to provide food and shelter to a child. Even if I made $100, 000 a year, I would still be persistent in trying to collect child support that is due an innocent child. As I should have acted with discretion in choosing who I was with and who I married, the other person should take responsibility for his actions for making me pregnant and learn how to repress his...desires...! You are all dead beat fathers. You are inhumane. This is out of our control but God will take care of it.

• Ka
    kam1111 Nov 27, 2013

i havent recieved but maybe a dozen payments for one child in the last 7 years and they have had my other childs dns for 4 and a half years for the other child and i still cant get them to mark me cooperative or to test the father so i can proceed with visitation i am fed up
    i wonder if u can sue them? or take some sort of legel action but i have no money to find out and now i am enduring harrassment from both fathers and dcf calls on me !!! i think one of there sisters work for dcf!! they have continued to only try to get out of paying child support and all i say to that is sign ur rights over and stay away from us and u will not have to pay or take responsibility!!! they have put drugs in my car numerous times and then called the police to get me put in jail!! still no help or answeres from ne one!! dor should have to take responsibilitie for this!!

• Ga
    Gallery700 Oct 14, 2013

The Florida court for child support tells you they cannot force someone to pay their court ordered child support. It is a federal offense according to the law not to pay court ordered child support. Nothing is being enforced. All the case workers and people who work for child support have attitudes. Instead of helping, they become defensive as if you are attacking them directly. They have all lost site of their own vision statement of no child left behind; help children. If you send a complaint to the Governor, they ignore it. The child support owed to my child is in the arrears $25, 000. The court cannot follow the written case orders because they refused to enforce that the father was responsible for medical. It is in black and white in the court order. My son got sick and the State ended up paying over $100, 000 in hospital bills and they don't have the sense to go back to the father and collect it! You can complain to Washington to the agency that governs the States and Counties. Maybe if they received enough complaints, they would finally do something about it. To date, they just protect the States and Counties and stick up for them. Complain. Don't give up. The kids deserve more. President Obama stated that it is a federal offense to not pay your child support. Call or write President Obama. Call or write Governor Scott. If your order was sent for enforcement to a different State, call or write that Governor. Mine was dispersed to New York. I wrote the Governor Cuomo of New York and got a phone call within 45 minutes. I have been trying to reach someone in Florida for 10 years! If you meet certain requirements, you can request through child support that your case be sent to PSOC, Project Save Our Children, which enforces the order even more. It goes through the local District Attorney to enforce criminal charges. But you have to get the local office to do the application.
    Write. Call.

Public Inquiries and Information Branch Division of Consumer Services, Office of Child Support Enforcement, Washington D.C., [email protected] ATT: Phyllis Jones.

Office of Inspector General
    U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
    ATTN: HOTLINE
    PO Box 23489
    Washington, DC 20026

Don't give up

• Kr
    krissynray Sep 20, 2013

I am supposed to be reciving cs and he has not paid in a long time yet he never goes to jail or even has a court date. i called the cse office on monday to see what is going on with my case and the agent told me that i came in there to the department of revenue and modified it. I live in CT i havent been to the dor in years. it wasnt even me who went in there and modified it. i dont know what to do who to contact or anything does any one know who to contact about this? i have contacted attorneys they all say i have a law suite but i dont want to retain one if the info isnt true. and no one is calling me back at all from cse. this is a serious issue and they are taking it very lightly.
    Kristen young
    [email protected]

• Mv
    MVo Sep 17, 2013

DOR of Florida really are a JOKE!!! I want nothing more than to help support my 2 kids!
    When I lost my job, I paid what could afford every month. I've received notices, letters and have met with the DOR reps at their offices per their requests to discuss my situation and still get no help! I have been paying every month since my layoff on what I could afford, they still send me letters stating " SUSPENDSION OF DRIVER's LISCENSE " for none payment?????!!!

Angry-Parent Aug 24, 2013

I live in Missouri & my ex husband lives in Broward, Florida. Before he excaped to Florida, Missouri CSE has always been successful in collecting my child support. Minimum of $10, 500 to $29, 500. After he moved to Florida 3-4years ago, they've been complete A-holes! I finally got a court hearing recently & he was to pay a purge of $900 within 48hours or a warrant would be issued. Its been 2 weeks since and I havent received a dime nor has a warrant been issued. I called all the 1-800 & 1-877 numbers they've given me & that I could find only to be yelled at, hung up on or just told they cant speak to me because I'm the custodial parent that lives in Missouri. Ok fine, I contacted Missouri CSE to find out whats going on in Florida and I was told Florida CLOSED MY CASE!! Someone please tell me how thats possible! He still owes our daughter the $29, 550, he was never arrested and no matter how "they feel" about my case. A judge here ordered him to pay and the "judge" there said f--k it! I've contacted Florida's governor repeatedly and will keep doing so until those lazy bums get off their ashy-lazy-incompetent a--es & collect every dime! They get their checks faithfully & arent worried about our children eating, clothed or living situation. If their checks weren't deposited in their accounts, I bet they'd raise hell! When you call them they have more excuses than a man going to jail! I've heard every lie from, "it wasn't filed right, that was the nold up" to "your case have been moved to top priority file, you chould get a hearing soon" (2yrs ago)...all of them should just go home and take the long nap!

• Da
    dale williams Aug 07, 2013

well I got divorced in 1997 I got custody of my 2 boys ages 2 and 5 at the time, after a few years of realizing she was not going to be a parent I went to the dept of child support enforcement for help, they said they would get on it I gave them all of her info repeatedly and nothing, now in the mean time I was married again and had a little girl, we ended up getting divorced in 2007 only 3 weeks later to reconcile and try to work things out, we stayed together as a family like nothing had ever changed I even spent over 75.000$ on a pool and garage plus my labor as I am a contractor, in july 2010 we finally split up for good her dad hired 6 guys ive never met and they came in and wiped the house clean I mean even the toilet paper no joke, she moves but doesn't tell me where and keeps my daughter from me for 3 years, then I get served with papers from the dept of revenue for back child support all the way back to 2007, unreal I mean she files there on me in a matter of a month now 9/10 years have gone by and still nothing from them on my first wife for my 2 boys WOW HUH so we go to court judge says I deserve credit for the time we lived together and I supported my family that she needs to sit down and mediate this with me, she hires the biggest piece of ### attorney ive ever met A.J ROHE who by the way has been arrested 3 times 2 of them for assault on a police officer with violence and illegal drugs and alchohol of witch he gets off of all 3 somehow hummm, i end up having to give this ### 28.000$ cash and pay 300$ a week for the next 4 years I got raped so bad, oh and then the dept of revenue says there dropping my case because my youngest child has reached the age of majority, unreal then get letter to show up at court on my first wife somehow im like really cool I got awarded 405$ a month for 12 months after adding it up for both of my sons I received around 7 cents a day to take care of both of them. where are the rights for men who raise there kids I wonder infact I was told by a lady on the phone at the child support office that im a man why do I need money from a woman I should just man up and raise my kids needless to say I was appauled class action suit im in any day of the week .simpily sick to death I don't even know what else to say, it goes so much deeper. DALE WILLIAMS [email protected]

• Cs
    CSE versers SSI Aug 01, 2013

I am the Custodial parent of a boy who will be 7 years old this month. The noncustodial parent is over $40, 000.00 in the rear on payment. It has been determined that my son has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and has to see a Councilor to try to figure out ways to deal with his attention deficit and his hyper activity. Plus he has to see a different Dr. who has put him on medication with a copay of almost $92.00 a month. The noncustodial father went on SSI and asked to have the child support lowered. At the time I sent the paperwork back to the CSE Office my son was receiving a $169.00 a month but buy the time they finished their evaluation five months later it was up to $356.00 because either one of his other children's mother never responded and the other was over the age to receive SSI from it. At this time the CSE determined that child support should be reduced to $269.00 a month and since SSI was paying $356.00 a month that NO CHILD SUPPORT was needed. Within two months of this determination I received notice that SSI had overpaid my son $531.00 and I had to pay them back because one of his other children was now receiving SSI. At NO TIME did anyone step in and deal with any of the over $40, 000.00 support that was in the rear. There is no reason why the noncustodial parent can not work. He is Bi-polar but he is on his medication and there are people all over the world with Bi-polar that hold down jobs. Do to my sons attention deficit and hyper activity I don't work outside the home because during the school year I am at his school trying to make sure that he getting the education that he should be getting. My son receives $178.00 a month from SSI which does not cover his medical expenses let alone have anything left over to help with clothes, school supplies, or sports. (Sports were the Councilors suggestion to help with the hyperactivity.) If it was not for my husband my son would not have medical insurance because CSE determined that the noncustodial father didn't need to carry insurance.

To erm035: as a custodial parent that has not received more then a total $3, 000.00 in child support in the last 7 years all I want is a reasonable amount to cover my sons expenses. I keep a receipt for every penny that is spent on my son that comes out of his SSI check. If I had to support him just on that check I receive from SSI due to CSE saying that he didn't get anymore support there would be no roof over his head, no food for him to eat, no water to take a bath in, etc... Not all ex's are out for revenge. We just want help giving the child a better life. Why should we be the only ones supporting the children that you all helped bring into this world.

Jon61 Jul 09, 2013

The state of Florida has been good to my ex-wife. I have been paying, never late, always early for 12 years. I have moved on with my life, new family, 2 more kids and then all of a sudden, the Ex wants a modification. I send in all the information they ask for only to find out that none of it matters. They don't care that I have been supporting this kid I never met because mom country hops and can never be found for 12 years now and that I now have a mortgage, car note and a new family. They say its my fault that they increase it and now I don't have enough to pay the new amount. That doesn't make any sense. I can see if the original amount was set and I went out and bought what I couldn't afford but that's not what happened, I made purchases knowing that I already have an obligation. Why should my kids at home with me suffer because the EX is greedy? I cant work a second job because I already work 16-18 hour days, 6 days a week, what am I suppose to do. Do the courts really think that its ok to support one kid over the other two and not all three equally?

fatherthatpays Jun 27, 2013

Throughwithitall states 3 marriages 3 kids 3 losers... Sounds like she kept having kids to find one that will pay you deserve it because you choose to pop out those ### kids of yours you should of realized after the 1st one knowing it was hard raising one on your owe you had two more. That was your choice not the father. I guarantee it will be a whole lot better place if government put in place a law stating if the father does not want a child but the mother wants to have the baby it should be all on the mother and america would be a better place

fatherthatpays Jun 27, 2013

The amount of time it takes to call child support or write a comment on here you could of applied at two jobs already... Stop trying to get free money and work for it and I mean work a job not work child support for payments you haven't received

fatherthatpays Jun 27, 2013

I went to court ordered to pay 485 a month and 1500 is due from the time she filed. I paid for 5 yes without a missed payment January 2013 lost my job and had pass due down to 600 but started to collect unemployment from that check they collected 445 short 40 dollars five months later they suspend my license. I call and they said am one half months late. I explained I never missed a payment but was just a little short due to unemployment and i brought the pasy due down from 1500 to 600..she stated its not her but the computer. Wow are you serious you don't want me to pay I take it