Srilankan AirlineForce me buy return ticket

I

NIGHTMARE AT MUMBAI AIRPORT AFTER 24 HOURS JOURNEY FROM CANADA
Srilankan staff at Mumbai airport force me to buy return ticket to Maldives costing USD $550 since they do not have knowledge that the return ticket is not require. I end up with ticket which I am not going to use. Jet airways who were supposed to obtain my boarding card also do not have the knowledge & use my credit card to enchase money from bank & pay the travelling agent to purchase the ticket instead of paying directly to travelling agent by credit card. At Mumbai airport international transit passenger do not have direct access to counter of Srilankan airline. They are corner at location where he cannot have any help. email ID: [protected]@rogers.com

• Ka
    Kamal Deepthi Mularachchi Jun 29, 2012

Accident happened in Sri Lankan airline flight UL226 before taking off

I Kamal Deepthi Mularachchi working in Dubai as an Assistant Superintendent (Maintenance) in Dubai Aluminium company, Dubai UAE would like to bring to your attention with great concern of an accident took place in the Sri Lankan Air line Flight # UL-226, 19th June 2012 at 22.45hrs. Air Line staff has clearly violated the safety and medical procedures of the industry and acted irresponsibly without ascertaining the condition of the passenger while the Air Craft is on the ground.

My family is frequently visiting me and usually fly in Sri Lankan Airline flights. My wife Virajika Mularachchi (FlySmiLes Membership Number- UL [protected]) and two kids were boarded to the flight of Sri Lankan airline at about 22:30hrs (Booking Reference-ERLOGY & Ticket number-[protected]) on their return journey to Sri Lanka after visiting me in Dubai. She took her allocated seat C row 25 after securing their cabin baggage’s in the appropriate cabin and my son and daughter were sat next to her in middle seats.

The flight was full that day. While the air craft on the ground, one passenger opened the overhead bin just above her seat and was trying to put his bag, suddenly he lost the control of his bag and fallen on to my wife's neck and head. My wife fainted; my children were horrified and screamed for help. Instantly her neck and forehead was swollen. (My wife assumes that bag was more than 15kg)

Flight attendants came with some ice bag and tried to assist. After few minutes they left saying call us if you need any further assistance. My wife was not in a position to decide weather she needs any assistance since her spinal cord was hurt and nervous system was not working properly. It was evident from the swollen neck and forehead and she was experiencing complete numbness.

The family of the person who owns the baggage was trying to help and comfort her. But professionally trained Air Line staff has not even bother to ascertain the situation and call for medical assistance. It is a basic understanding to have a proper medical investigation done when a heavy weight of 15kg fallen on to neck of a person to confirm whether the passenger is in a condition to fly. Even though there was no bleeding a doctor should have been examined my wife when the Air Craft was on the ground. I am told by the Air Port authority that Dubai Airport is fully equipped with all medical needs and assistance could have extended if requested.

Immediately after reaching home she was consulted a surgeon (Dr.L. Weerasinghe). The surgeon directed her to Neurologist (Dr. Ranjith Wickramasinghe) due to a small damage observed in her spinal disk through X-ray image. Now she is partially paralysed and on bed rest for one month with neck collar and under continuous medication. Therefore day to day activities of my family is completely disturbed.

I and my family are extremely disappointed the way the air line staff handled the situation and professionally trained Air Line staff should have taken a decision to call for medical attention rather than allowing passenger to decide considering the fact that they flying for four and half hours. As per the doctors, it would have been a fatal accident since the weight has fallen on her spinal cord.

This is a pure negligence of standard procedures and currently I am seeking legal assistance to bring justice to the passengers who come across similar situations.

I would like you to answer following questions:

1. Why airline staff did not ask for medical support from the airport?
    2. Why they allowed more than 7kg heavy bags?
    3. Why they did not support the passengers to put the bags into cabins?
    4. Why didn’t they come and check my wife’s condition again?

Please investigate this matter and take necessary actions/precautions to avoid such unfortunate accidents in the future.

My UAE Address; Kamal Deepthi Mularachchi

Sri Lanka
    [protected]
    [protected], [protected]

Andrews Raj May 22, 2012

Srilankan Airlines is not matured enough to handle ticket booking, rescheduling etc. These activities are outsourced. There is no coordination between Srilanka global customer care and Chennai. There is no response to mails finally they will blame us for their mistakes. I had a bitter experience recently.