Spinnaker Resorts Logo

Spinnaker Resorts

Having problems with Spinnaker Resorts?

+1 877 842 3201 (Owner Reservations and Services)
+1 877 301 7829 (Vacation Package Reservations)
+1 843 341 9568 (Association Fee Payment)
+1 843 341 8850 (Waterside)
+1 866 296 1211 (Hilton Head Island, SC)
+1 877 944 7891 (Ormond Beach, FL)
+1 800 801 5643 (Branson, MO)
35 DeAllyon Avenue

Palace View, 700 Blue Meadows Road, Branson, MO 65616

French Quarter Resort
3706 W 76 Country Blvd, Branson, MO 65616

Complaints & Reviews

the "package" included for just visiting a resort is a gimmick!

What we were told over the phone is a far cry from reality.

Complaint 1: We were told we would receive $150 in dinner vouchers that we could use at popular (national chain) restaurants as well as a certificate for a cruise that could be used for the next 22 months. What we received was a free $50 voucher for Denny's (quite a bit for just 2 people and it was only good for a specific Denny's near the resort), and $100 in $25.00 increments at www.restaurants.com. The way that program works: log onto the website and submit your "gift card" redemption number. Then choose the city and state you want to redeem it.
Issue 1: You can only submit one gift card at a time before being able to redeem another one! I had to do this 4 times???
Issue 2: We live in a fairly large city, every restaurant listed was a "mom and pop" shop and there were only 11 to choose from. The good news was 7 had reviews submitted by customers.

Complaint 2: The "free cruise" is not free by any means. Within 30 days of visiting the resort we were required to "activate" our voucher for a $49.00 fee. This allowed us to use the voucher for the next year (not 22 months as promised). It does not cover government/port tax, agency or administrative fees or gratuity... not that I expected it cover gratuity, but the tax and fees I did. Bad me. Now for the "free" part... It clearly states I should expect to pay "$189-$339 for a 3 day cruise..." and continues to escalate to $624-$914 for an 8 day cruise." This is per person for an inside state room! I'm not joking when I say: Expedia offers a 7 days cruise for $389 per person right now!

• De
    DeeDee8092 Nov 26, 2017

I am so glad that there are people like you that will step forward to tell your story to prevent others from being scammed. I have been contacted by this company (Spinnaker Resort) but was a bit hesitant of all the so called "bonuses" that are offered in exchange for my husband and I to listen to a 90-120 minute presentation. I am so glad that I did not agree to take any part of this offer. All the best in you resolving this issue and getting actually what you promised by this group. Thank you and Regards!!

Mad Granny Grump Feb 15, 2018

I was a victim of Spinmaker Resort also. They kept calling me and I would tell them I did not want anything they were offering. For some crazy moment I weakened and before I knew it they had suckered me in. I have tried to cancel the trip but the person in customer service talks very mean to me and will not give my money back. My mind is bad and I do not even remember why I was told I had to pay $327 to get this wonderful vacation.
    Does anyone know of a way to cancel this trip and not lose money? Thank you.

timeshare vacation package

We signed up for a vacation package last year at the Kansas State Fair. It was to include 3 nights in...

timeshare owner nicholas beechler

I am very pissed off I bought a 3 bed room and there saying I have a 2 bed room I have never used it yet been paying on it for 3 years and if this does not get corrected I would like all my money back I went round and round when we got it about it being 3 bed room I have me my wife a son and a daughter they also said I could rent it for 2500 a week if I wanted to rent it found out thats bull #### they get 40 percent I get 60 they said max 1400 if if if it gets rented if this does not get fixed I want my cash back or u guys can by it back for the price I bought it for its never been used call me at [protected] im am going to block payments to my bank till this is handled

a deceitful dishonest company

We purchased the French Quarter in Branson the first building ever built and were given a perk called the escapes, we paid in full and paid our maint fees as we committed to. Then Spinnaker acquired the property and took away this perk that we were promised as long as we owned the property, Spinnaker refused to honor it but fully expects us to honor ours, which we are not! And we are receiving an abundant amount of hateful calls. We even had someone to take the timeshare but Spinnaker wanted so much money up front the man wouldn't do it. So Spinnaker screwed themselves here. Also our last visit to Branson French Quarter when entering the 2 bdr unit a man and his 2 children came walking out of the back bdr, and the 1 unit lock off had a gray fuzzy turd floating in the toilet and a rusty line all the way across the shower liner.

• Updated by Arkansas1 · Dec 30, 2016

This is a deceitful lying company that doesn't keep their word just read the reviews it's not just us obviously. They do not honor an agreement but they certainly expect you to and then they have their hangmen calling you with threats when its Spinnaker that screwed themselves, stay away from this company you will eventually be sorry just like us and many others.

timeshare

I purchased this timeshare in Dec. 2014 only because I was told that they would take my other timeshare in on trade... That they already had a buyer for my previous points with the other timeshare... That it could take up to 12 months to get all the paperwork done and everything finalized. Well needless to say after 12 months and about $25, 000.00 dollars and not able to use the Spinnaker property it didn't happen. I am working with a lawyer to
get this resolved, but Spinnaker is dealing with us on the matter.
I would advise anybody against any timeshare as I think they are all a bunch of crooks, scam artist, liars...

aggressive and misleading marketing

I have been contacted repeatedly by individuals saying the are calling from Spinnaker Resorts Customer Care Dept. This has been going on for over a year. Sometimes they take a break but I often get 2 or 3 calls in a week.

I am being told that somehow I have a credit with them, which I find had to believe as I have had no dealings with them. In any event as I had told every caller from the beginning, I have no interested in dealing with Spinnaker and no interest in travelling to the locations where they have their resorts. I have asked repeatedly that I be removed from their call list but they keep on calling. I received another call this morning which is the third one in this past week.

Another concern is they are engaging in phone spoofing which I thought was illegal. The calls come in showing a local number on my caller ID. When I call the numbers that were on my caller ID they are always out of service. I have expressed my concern to the callers from Spinnaker who stayed on the line long enough for me to voice them and was told that a computer makes the calls. It is obvious to me that the computer has been programmed to falsify the number it is calling from, which again I believe is illegal. One time a month or so ago I tried to reach Spinnakers head office but there are no numbers or email information shown for them online. I did wait a long time on the phone and spoke to someone in their accounting department who denied that their reputable company would be engaged in this kind of activity but said he would pass my complaint on to his superiors.

What I want:

1. To be removed immediately from Spinnakers calling list. I never want to get a call from them again.

2. For Spinnaker to be held accountable for the phone spoofing its marketing people are obviously engaged in. They should not be allowed to continue this illegal activity.

timeshare

I visited Spinnaker Resorts on Feb 1st - Feb 4th and had my tour with Brandon Miller on the 2nd. He was an awesome representative to tour with but I did tell him that I recently purchased a timeshare with Marriott Resorts. At this time he had two of his colleagues come speak with me about Marriott because they previously worked for them and said they were familiar with them. I mostly spoke with Hugh and he asked if he could see my closing package, which Brandon and I did the tour and came back with the package.

Hugh looked through it and said he could do a better deal and will also give me back the deposit that I paid with Marriott on a discounted property. He also said he will give me the verbiage to use to get out of that timeshare because "misrepresentation" does not go well with the Timeshare Real Estate Commission. When I learned Marriott had already closed on my property on 2/7, I had went back and forth with Marriott calling everyone I could contact expressing how I wanted to get out of this timeshare because of what Hugh had said. I contacted Adam on 2/12 by phone and he told me to send him an email, which I did on 2/13. I also called Brandon but no answer. I text him on 2/13 saying, "Hi Brandon, I need help getting out of contract. I could not get out of Marriott. They had closed and can't afford both. Monica". Brandon responded by text that he would talk to someone for help.

Adam responded to my email and said that someone would be contacting me (which was after a few emails between he and I).

Brandon text me back on Monday 2/15 asking if I were free to talk. I called. Hugh answered and said he would send me the verbiage that was needed to send to Marriott. If I got it, you have it. I have yet to receive anything from Hugh to date. I received a text from Brandon the following day saying that he had been busy but he and Hugh will reach out to me the following day. No calls from him nor Brandon. I have called Brandon's line several times with no answer and also text with no answer since that date.

I spoke with Darren Cole on 2/23 @ 5:11pm. We spoke and he had me to explain the issue. He told me he would give me a call back the following day around 5:30pm. I have NEVER spoken with him again and I have called him eight times from one of my lines and several times from my other line.

I received my final email from Adam on 2/27 saying he is letting me out of my contract and I should be happy because this is not the normal for Spinnaker. I will have to speak with management about my deposit. He has nothing else to do with it. Sad thing is, I cannot get in touch with management. Management is no where to be found.

I called Spinnaker and reached David Ham on 2/29 @ 12:43p. He listened to my issue and read over some notes that has taken place between Adam and I. He said he will follow up and would call back. He called back that afternoon saying he was not able to get with anyone but would call me back. I really appreciated him calling me back thinking he would be of his word since I have yet to hear from Brandon, Hugh, and Darren. Needless to say, it is 3/5 and I am still waiting on David Ham and Darren Cole to return calls that they have said they would return.

Hugh told me in the timeshare meeting that Marriott "Misrepresented" but I feel Hugh "Misrepresented" on saying he could make something happen and not follow through and I am now out of $2800+ and have taken on stress of wishing I had never come to Spinnaker Resorts. I feel the Real Estate Commission would love to hear how I have had the hardest time dealing with management of Spinnaker Resorts and how Hugh Trainer tells people how he will assist and you will never hear from him again. He practically conned me into purchasing on top of what I had with no intentions of seeing his work through as HE discussed. Spinnaker may want to meet with him on this kind of misrepresentation.

I will not ever suggest this resort to any one and this experience has soured me forever with dreams of a lifetime. If this reach someone that can get in contact with real management, I would like to be called.

Monica B. Reid

• Mb
    MBReid Mar 05, 2016

Hugh told me in the timeshare meeting that Marriott "Misrepresented" but I feel Hugh "Misrepresented" on saying he could make something happen and not follow through and I am now out of $2800+ and have taken on stress of wishing I had NEVER come to Spinnaker Resorts. I feel the Real Estate Commission would love to hear how I have had the hardest time dealing with management of Spinnaker Resorts and how Hugh Trainer tells people how he will assist and you will never hear from him again. He practically conned me into purchasing on top of what I had with no intentions of seeing his work through as HE discussed. Spinnaker may want to meet with him on this kind of MISREPRESENTATION.

Monica B. Reid

fraud!

My boyfriend purchased a 3 night stay with Spinnaker Resorts for a discounted rate. In return, we were to attend a presentation on their timeshare sales. He purchased this last year when we were 24 and met all the qualifications for the stay (ex: Income, age, etc). We called to book our dates and they went over all our information again and we were told we had to be 27 in order to book the stay. He explained he was never told that and she sent us to a customer service rep. After talking to a second rep she told us we had to be 28 to book with Spinnaker, when 5 minutes ago we were told the age was 27. Initially we were told the age was 21 when we purchased the stay. He told the rep nobody ever mentioned 27 or 28, or he wouldn't have even thought about purchasing the vacation. She said she was sorry there was nothing she could do and he then reminded them that every conversation he has had with Spinnaker from purchasing until trying to book with them was recorded and the rep changed her tune & told us she was sorry and our money would be refunded in 3-5 days. Spinnaker Resorts is a fraud! Don't give them a dime of your money.

timeshare presentation

We got talked into buying a package to stay at the resort and after being promised a $50 check, a $100 dining credit and a free cruise, we bought it. Room was fairly comfortable but the presentation dragged on for close to 3 1/2 hours. We said no thanks( ( about 30000) and collected our gifts. Visa credit card- $50, a$100 voucher for buying certificates at restaurant.com and a cruise activation voucher- $49 to activate but when you read the fine print, you had to pay addition $189+ /person depending upon 3 day cruise or longer. What a rip- fraudulent advertising and if this is an indication of their company- STAY AWAY!!!

check payment

After attending a tour 7/19/2015 Ref: RCI we were given a check for $100.00 we miss placed the check and were...

timeshare presentation

I paid 199. for a stay at Hilton Head providing I attend a timeshare presentation. I was promised a...

they made an unauthorized payment on my card

They offered me a package for $169.00 & would waive the processing fee. I found that they carved me $244.00...

contact for facebook winnings

Got a call from Cole informing me I was the 2nd place winner from a Facebook giveaway. I would get a $300 credit towards the vacation package making the total price $199 for 5 people. I'd be staying at something like "Best American Inn" in Brayson, Mo for 3 nights & 4 days. I'd attend a 90 minute preview of their timeshare. This would then entitle me to another trip to several destination choices for 2 nights & 3 days. A man came on the line identifying himself as Cole's Sales Manager & advising me Cole was new & he wanted to make sure everything was going good. I thanked him but said I could not turn over $199 at this time. He asked what was holding me back (Christmas) He then said this would create memories of a life time for my husband & myself & isn't that worth it? I again told him I couldn't shell out that money at this time. He said, "I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR HUSBAND" & hung up on me

threatened

I was called by a marketing firm today attempting to sell me on the Spinnaker Resort. I stopped the gentleman (very loose use of that term) and told him to leave me alone. His response was I don’t like your attitude. Ok, I live in my home peacefully, and when anyone invades it via real or phone call, I should not ever have to apologize for any attitude. I simply want to be left alone. This is what I told the sales rep. His response was that he instead will call me five times a day. I have never in my life been threatened by telemarketers. My response to them as standard is to stop the sales pitch and tell them to leave me alone and never call again (stops a waste of their time and mine), however to have judgment passed on me by a telemarketer then be threatened with multiple calls daily is way over the top. I then proceeded to ask for a supervisor and was refused. I called Spinnaker Resorts via the number I found on their web page and inquired about whom I needed to talk to resolve this issue. They said that there was nothing that they could do and were not one bit apologetic about the entire matter, in fact there was resentment and almost sarcasm from that response. Having been completely frustrated at this point, I can only imagine how the actual resort would be. If the initial contact from aggressive telemarketers cannot be reined in, how could this possibly be an enjoyable resort to visit? This is clearly how they choose to run their business, apparently under threat of an onslaught of daily marketing calls toward me that no one can help with according to Spinnaker themselves, the only defense that I am left with is posting my experience everywhere I can find and hope that other people are not attacked by them as well.

bait and switch/ misrepresentation

I would like to start by saying I am appalled by the lack of integrity and character my salesman (Garth) exercised to misrepresent what we were purchasing. My husband and I went into this skeptical and asked a lot of pointed questions. In the end this man flat out lied. I am going to list out examples of the things we were told, questions we asked, answers we received and then the truth that has since be revealed when we called into customer service.

For starters the entire sales speech centered around the new units being built. All the materials we viewed showed the new buildings and ground layout that were going to go up in 2013. We would be buying into the new units and we would get a $4, 000 discount on our purchase price for 2 reasons; 1 we wouldn't be able to use our 2 week stay in 2012, we would have to wait until 2013 to start our 2 week stay and 2 we wouldn't be able to take any of our mini-stays in the new buildings in 2012, we would have to wait until 2013 to use the buildings. We were getting a discount for buying in early and having to wait to use what we purchased.

We were told we couldn't tour our building because it was still under construction, what we were purchasing was so new that we couldn't even see a model, we would have to look at a prior built unit to get an idea of what it would be like. I now come to find out our actual building was built and view-able the whole time, as a matter of fact, the model we toured was what we bought into! But according to Garth, we were purchasing the new under construction units.

We were told we would have to pay our maintenance fees every other year because we were purchasing an odd year unit. Not once did we get told we could only use our 2 week stay on the odd years. We were sold a new unit that we could stay in 2 weeks a year and again the $4, 000 discount was because we were making the purchase before the building was built... that's why we couldn't take our 2 week vacation in our first year... nothing about how we could only do our 2 week vacation on the odd years.

As we went through the contract the 2013 year was brought up saying that is when we could start using our 2 week vacation because that's when the building would be ready. Again, nothing about how we would only be able to use it every odd year. My husband and I even joked in front of Garth about how we would need to start saving our vacation time so we could actually use 2 weeks a year on vacation. At that point Garth gave us the speech about how we could turn in one or two weeks each year and we would get a check in the mail. We could make money on our part of the deed so no worries. It would help us pay our loan off faster. We would just need to be sure to let the office know by April so our unit could go up as available for conventions and such. He also explained to us how if we couldn't vacation 2 weeks out of the year that this would be a great gift to give to a friend or family member to take our vacation time for the year. We would just have to make sure we paid the maintenance fees.

Now I have contacted Spinnaker twice via email. The first time someone from Sales called me and tried to resell me what I actually purchased. He just couldn't understand why I'm upset. The second email I generated after I was called to pay the annual fee I am now behind on because I chose not to pay it. In that email I revealed an analogy of how this would play out in a car purchase, I have heard nothing back. Analogy below:

You go to buy a new car, you decide to buy the model that isn't yet on the showroom floor... you get to "order" your new car. The salesman talks up all the new amenities that will be in the 2013 line, blue tooth, special floor mats, alloy wheels, stereo head unit built for all the latest tech geek gadgets. He's so excited about the new 2013 model that he even downplays the 2012, tells you how much better off you will be getting the 2013 model, after all it get's 40 mpg. So you are happy as can be. Salesman sweetens the deal, since you can't drive away in your car today he throws in a "discount" and reduces the purchase price by $4000.00. So after many questions and looking over the brochure of your 2013 model you decide to go ahead and make the purchase. You are shuffled into the Finance office were you go through a flurry of pages signing, dating, initialing, signing, dating, initialing... this goes on for many pages, clearly the man behind the desk has done this countless times before. Your done, you go home and you wait. 2 months later you get the call to come pick up your new car. You show up and walk right past it having no clue it's even yours. You're looking around for your car while you are waiting for the salesman to come greet you, only he never shows. Out comes another staff member to help you get acquainted with your new-to-you car. He's completely innocent in this... takes you over to your car, only, it's not what you ordered. It's the right make and model, but the wheels aren't alloy, they're plated chrome. The head unit has a CD deck without the MP3 jack. There's satellite radio but no blue tooth and the floor mats are basic. On the side of the door you see the MPG sticker and it say's 28 in town, 32 on the highway. Now, at this point you are beyond upset. You have signed a contract, given a down payment... (for the sake of my real situation) you have even been making monthly payments... in other words, you have kept your end of the deal. You start explaining to this new innocent staff member that this isn't the car you were sold. First thing the staff member say's to you is well you signed a contract, look right here it say's it's the XL, not the XLT model. Then he goes on to say look, see here were you initialed next to the 2012 date, to which you replied, yeah we made the purchase in December.. I thought that was why the date was there. So you start explaining the brochure the salesman showed you and the staff member replies, surely you were confused, why would we be showing you the model to a car that isn't even built yet... didn't you drive the 2012 model? To which you reply, well of course, that was all that was available for me to look at on your lot, but I was sold by your salesman the 2013 and that is what I agreed to buy.

Now, tell me you wouldn't be completely pissed by this experience and not want to do business with a company that A - employs a dishonest salesman (and backs him to boot) and B - continues to insult your memory and ability to comprehend when you bring this matter to their attention?

harassment

So I reported this number to the Better Business Buereau and they gave me the company that has been harassing all of us information. so here it is...

• Df
    Dformath Dec 13, 2012

These folks pressured me into buying a weekend to go see a condo. I choose not to go. They have called me no less then 2 times a week and now they are leaving messages with my employees saying they want to get in touch with me about Hilton head vacation.
    Clearly they have no right to disclose anything I may choose to do in my private life and when I called them about this the agent named "Mike" started to yell at me... incredulous!

prepaid booked vacation

I booked a prepaid vaction in Hilton Head 18 month ago. When I called to book it 90 days prior they said...

they are dishonest and misleading to make a sale

Spinnaker Resorts on Hilton Head Island sold us a flex time timeshare, with the assurance we would get a 3 bedroom June week 99% of the time. Despite putting in our request within one minute of the earliest possible allowed moment, we did not get what we wanted. They lied to us and it cost us $10, 000. I would recommend no one ever deal with Spinnaker resorts, they are dishonest and misleading to make a sale, and then do not return calls unless hounded.

Transplant Jul 20, 2010

again I am shocked at how many people complain about Spinnaker. We own there and never had any issues. What did you expect calling to make a reservation 31 days prior to when you wanted to go?? Spinnaker to roll out the red carpet?!?! Here's an idea. When its your year to visit make your request as soon as you pay your maintenance fee. Plenty of time to pick a week in June that works for you. If you wanted more flexability you should have joined Hilton Honors and make hotel reservations instead of buying a timeshare!!

• Ow
    Owner unhappy Jul 01, 2015

You can't request as soon as you pay maintenence fee. You have to submit your request on certain date at midnight. You don't get what you request! They are dishonest!!

scam

Company is a pure front scam.

Do not do business with these people they are crooks out to take your money.

Transplant Jul 20, 2010

Simple enough, but isnt the credit card companies and the banks out to get your money? they are not crooks. Spinnaker is a timeshare operation looking to sell timeshares. If you don't know enough about how it works don't buy one!

• Ju
    JudyJean Aug 21, 2012

My husband and I just came back from Spinnaker in SC, we went through the whole presentation and thought it sounded great. We decided to sell our other timeshare. We were promised to get all of this money for our sale but never told it wasn't a guarantee. Later because of a call from the real estate company, we found out we were responsible for paying all these fees to have the old property listed. To make a long story short, Spinnaker made all of these promises and none turned out to be true. Fortunately we were able to get our money back and get out of the contract but only after getting the run around for two weeks. Stay away from these scam artist!

misrepresentation

My wife and I have had a Spinnaker T/S since 1993. We purchased a week in Hilton Head that year at a sales presentation, and had always been happy with our ubit and the service.

Approx. 4-5 years ago we upgraded to unit at Waterside, same week, bigger unit, bigger family, friends, etc. All was well.

Two years ago our week didn't fit into our kids sports schedule as well as when they were smaller. Per chance at a "sales upgrade" we were presented with a "floating week" T/S. Guaranteed to have accommodations up to a week prior to travel. Just the kind of flexibility we needed, right?

Ha! We learned the hard way, you need to make reservations one year in advance. When my wife tried to do that, Spinnaker said all three of there resorts on H.H. were sold out all summer.

Our one fixed week was much better than this. On paper Spinnaker is probably correct, and we read and signed the contract, BUT, the sales person assured us that it would be no problem to reserve a condo at the last minute.

We obviously paid a sizeable amount of money for this "convenience".

And our first mistake was to trust the *** that lied to us.

Transplant Jul 20, 2010

Llive and learn. Grass isn't always greener is it?

• Ow
    Owner unhappy Jul 01, 2015

Going thru same thing right now!! They are so misleading and dishonest!!!

• Ca
    Cathy A VanHoose Nov 18, 2017

Going through the same thing with ownership at Royal Floridian, Ormond Beach. My sister and I purchased a 2 bedroom unit in 2004, and we both distinctly remember the realtor explaining that our purchase included one floating week ( could be scheduled any time of the year on first come / first served basis ), and an additional, 5 day week that could be scheduled ONLY 2 weeks in advance. We never used that 5 day option, but now that we are looking into it, we are being told that it isn't in our contract! Our deed / agreement states "Unit week(s) : 2 " ???? Did the realtor deceive us, or is this a downright lie on the part of Spinnaker management?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices