Southern Motionreclining power loveseat

L

I mailed the following letter many weeks ago and was hoping for a response. No response has been received.
August 9, 2018

Dear Sir:
My husband and I bought a Southern Motion power recliner and power loveseat in late June from Choice Furniture in Chichester, New Hampshire. I wanted to let you know how unhappy I am with the loveseat. The details off the piece are SN7465617, Style 733-21-POWER, Cover 24415 and Production date 5/30/18. If every loveseat is the same workmanship, I can't imagine any customer is pleased. My husband and I live alone so I am the only one using that piece daily. I have included pictures of how the two sides of the loveseat don't line up and haven't from day one. I can get them to line up if I play with each side but I don't think that should be necessary after each use. I took the pictures into the furniture store and the salesperson said, "That's not right!" However, when all was said and done, I was told that the three loveseats in the store all lined up the same way after use and nothing would be done. I certainly didn't notice that before purchase but looking at it everyday and thinking about the amount of money we spent is very disappointing. My consolation is that when people come into my living room and tell me that my loveseat is not closed all the way, I can say, "Oh, it's Southern Motion and they say that's the way it's supposed to be." Word of mouth is also a powerful advertisement and I will do all I can to discourage anyone from considering a purchase of Southern Motion. I hope you will consider improving your quality for any future customers. Unfortunately I will not be one of them because I like to be proud of my home and its décor.

Liz LeBrun
7029 Oak Hill Road
Loudon, NH 03307

• Vi
    vic102 Mar 12, 2020

This furniture is beyond horrible .We could not believe the lack of workmanship and numerous mistakes throughout the pieces. After emailing SM several times (they DO NOT have a customer service number -what does that tell you?) to tlka about the photos and explain all the defects, they basically couldn't care less.It was a HUGE mistake and total inconvenience .They should NOT be making furniture .PERIOD.

• Kb
    KBrooks11 Nov 06, 2019

I totally agree with you. This is our 3 day old Southern Motion Socozi massage / power sofa.

Comments