SixtRental car - sixt - via priceline: conf no: 9905458640

S Oct 17, 2020

I called sixt rental car corporate offices - they informed me that the agent in san diego (ms. (lenny), should have honored my car reservation, as they give a 60 day grace period for expired drivers licenses. Arizona governor did an order that expired licenses that expired before dec 31, 2020 have a 1 year grace period. My license expired on 10/12/2020.
I asked her, Lenny, to call corporate she refused. I showed her the az information from the governor, she refused. She was more interested in leaving for the day or for a break. Told me to go to payless car rental and rent... I had to, and it cost me over $100.00 extra to rent a car, and after 2 days there were no reservations available - sold out in san diego - or would be charged over $100.00 a day to rent. Today i'm stranded in san diego with no car until next week.
Sixt and priceline charged my major credit card. Sixt won't return calls or pick up the phone at the san diego airport location, so that priceline can verify the car was not rented, and give me a refund.
Payless rental car charged me a higher price, and a deposit.

So summary is this: my major rental card is now charged twice with rental car fees and deposits, and no will will respond to fix this mess... All do to an employee who was not trained, would not call corporate to verify a grace period due to the license expiration (due to the coronovirus situation), she was too interested in leaving her post, costing me extra money, because she didn't do her job. I went back in and spoke to her about this, she was rude, arrogant, "well I guess corporate will take care of you, not me", "here's my name - lenny", "goodluck".
This is inexcusable, my husband and I were stranded in florida due to the coronovirus, we traveled over 12 hours to arrive in sandiego, to take care of personal business, my husband is 78 years old and a holocaust survivor, and I am disabled.
This is egregious that we would be treated like this, by an employee of sixt.

I would like a reply and call concerning this matter. And I want an immediate refund and sixt to contact priceline and tell them they did not rent the car to me.

And I want reimbursement for the difference I had to pay to rent from payless car rental. Documents available from Priceline and Payless Car rental verifying both reservations upon request.