Simply ElectronicsNo Refund Received

1. Web-site tries to make you think this is a UK based on-line retailer but in the hard to find T & C's one finds it is Hong Kong based operating under Hong Kong law
2. T & C's are totlaly unreasonable in claiming a contract doesn't exist until they ship the item you ordered
3. Web-site does not give you the opportunity to print your order
4. Web site doesn't show your order in your "account" until 24 hours after the order is placed
5. They take your money through Moneybookers Ltd within 48 hours of placing your order
6. After 5 above they change the stock status of the item you ordered to "our of stock"
7. After cancelling your order as a result of 6 above it takes them 17 days to change the order status in your "account" to something other than "New"
8. It took 9 days of continual chasing before they claimed to have made a refund
9. When a refund is claimed to be made they will not investigate why there money transfer company, Moneybookers Ltd, haven't transferred the refund back to your account, even after 13 days after they claim they refund was instigated
10. Compalint made with Hong Kong Consumer Council (challenging)
11. Formal complaint made to Moneybookers Ltd
12. Every other means of complaining about this dreadful service and non receipt of refund being sought

• Ym
    Y_Me Jul 16, 2009

I was promised delivery for a lense that never showed up. When I chased a refund I had this reply - "In regards with your concerns, I wish I can provide you with an estimate time for the refund; however, refunds are being dealt by another department. Refunds are being processed on a case to case basis and some may take more time to resolve than others. The best we can offer right is to check your account from time to time to see if the refund has been made. You can be assured that we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
    Again, our sincere apologies for inconvenience caused and I would like to seek your extended patience on this matter."
    I still await the refund 9 days on.

• Pa
    pardalis Oct 26, 2009

These guys have an attitude! How long did it take to get your refund?

• So
    Sophiew1133 Dec 15, 2009

i bought a camera from simply electronics. Used it once and it was broken. It seemed to be broken before i had used it. so i sent it back. They then said that they have sent it to the service center. After 2 months of pestering i still had no response.

I then threatened them with the small claims court.

They replied swiftly explaing that i had to pay nearly as much as the camera was worht inorder to recievce my camera being fixed.

They made me pay this even thgos the camera was faulty in the first place!!!

tip for you : Dont shop with simply electronics!!!

David kelly1 Dec 21, 2009

they just keep giving me de run around i only wish i could go back in time

David kelly1 Dec 21, 2009

From: [protected]@simplyelectronics.net
    To: [protected]@hotmail.com
    Subject: RE: please help me save our christmass (LTK145017459551X)
    Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 04:43:01 -0500

REFERENCE NUMBER: LTK145017459551X Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with us.
    SUBJECT: please help me save our christmass
    Dear Colm,

Thank you for contacting us. and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

With regards to your email, we are glad to inform you that both of your orders have already been packed and we are simply waiting for the courier to pick up your order today.

AND DE NEXT DAY ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING ...

RE: please help me save our christmass (LTK145017459551X)‏
    From: SimplyElectronics Support Team ([protected]@simplyelectronics.net)
    Sent: 20 December 2009 04:13:06
    To: Colm McHugh ([protected]@hotmail.com)

SUBJECT: please help me save our christmass

Dear Colm,

Thank you for your email.

With regards to your orders, one of the order has already been dispatch last Friday and you shall receive it soon. While, the 2nd order is scheduled for dispatch on Monday.

THE TWO NOKIA PHONES N 900 WERE CHIRTMAS GIFTS ORDERER ON SUN 13TH AND TOOK THEM 5 DAYS TO DISPATCH ONLY ONE OF THEM AND THEN WAITHING TILL MONDAY OR TUESDAY TO MAYBE ?MAYBE NOT? TO SEND OUT THE OTHER NOKIA N 900 AFTER I TOLD THEM SO MANY TIMES THAT THEY ARE CHRISTMAS GIFTS WHY WOULD DAY NOT SEND THE TWO TOGETHER ???????

IT SEEMS LIKE THEY JUST CARE AT ALL

• Yo
    yobgems Jan 23, 2010

I orderd a camcorder on the 19/12/2009. I called them severall times over 3 weeks asking, "When will I get it?" only to constantly be told, "It's still being processed". I then demanded an asnswer as to why it's taking so long in which they replied by email saying, "We discovered that one box with products from our suppliers has been damaged in transit to us and we had to return it. Currently we are awaiting the replacements to arrive and we will dispatch to you via next day insured delivery. The shipment is expected to arrive sometime next week".

At the end of that week (four weeks after I paid for the camcorder!) I phoned them to ask to speak to a supervisor or manager to which they replied, "There's no one else I can speak to". I then did some research online and found several forums and this site complaining about SE and also that other people had be given the exact same excuse that I got, when in fact you are buying camcorders that they don't even have in stock!!! FORTUNATELY I found a complaint that said if you contact Vanessa Carroll (Customer Service Manager) - [protected]@simplyelectronics.net or Emma Gowan (Customer Service Executive) - [protected]@simplyelectronics.net you will get somewhere with your complaint which in the end was a refund being issued the very next day.

TIP - IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ORDER OR REFUND WHEN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO THEN EMAIL EITHER VANESSA OR EMMA STRAIGHT AWAY!!!

Angryman74 Feb 05, 2010

Simply Electronics are a shocking company. three times I was assured my order was being shipped the next day by express delivery and three time it never shipped. In short they are liars

Do not buy from this company even if you think the prices are great. Its a case of "Welcome into my parlour said the spider to the fly". Vanessa Carol is useless too. Despite repeated assurances that my order is being sent I have received nothing. Today is the fourth time I have been advised my order is being shipped. Lets see what happens...

• Wr
    WREPTILE Mar 08, 2010

I bought a HD camcorder from them 6 months ago. The battery stopped charging. They told me that the battery is not covered on warranty and they will not replace the battery. I have only used the camera twice, so the battery is obvioulsy not fir for purpose. There is no mention of batteries not being covered on their warranty information. DO NOT DEAL WITH SIMPLYELECTRONICS ... THEY ARE A [protected]@P COMPANY.

• do not buy anything from SIMPLY ELECTRONICS! they are big liars! I bought from them via amazon.co.uk HTC TOUCH DIAMOND 2 in the October 2009. 22th December I sent it back to simply electronics as a claim, because I found out they sent me a phone with Asian system and it seems it broken just when I bought it! The phone crashed down several times per day. I waited for my phone 3months and when I thought that I received my phone back function was big mistake. Today I received it and what I saw? The phone is in the same condition as when I sent it to simply electronics. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IT FROM SIMPLY ELECTRONICS!

What do you recommend to me, what can I do now? However I will request my money back!

• Please support it:

• 42
    4242judith Mar 26, 2010

i bought a olympus mju underwater camera 8000, i placed order on the 30th but did not receive it till a few weeks later. severla emails to company took ages to reply. eventually received the camera and tried it out as a ordianry camera great, tried it out as a underwater camera it failed on the first picture. pack it up sent it back simply electronics claim it is not under guarentte 4 weeks old. claim it is water damaged it is a under water proof camera. still waiting for the return of this camera off them. to send to my credit card acompany and trade in standard to sort out. absolutly disgrasfull service. never buy again

• RoderickSmith Mar 31, 2010

I tried to purchase a Canon EOS 1D mk lll in January 2010, the goods were never sent, I eventually got my money back after Trading standards intervention a month later. I started a youtube site which you can access at www.youtube.co.uk/simplyelectronicsNOT and also a web site http://simplyelectronicsnot.webs.com to help people who get caught up with this secretive Hong Kong company who proclaim to be Limited but actually were dissolved in Jan of 2010. Any further information regarding this company can be posted to me so as much information as possible can be collected to put to watchdog or similar customer complaint program.

• Vi
    Victim_Camera Apr 12, 2010

Can any one help me.. I am also stuck with this company... I ordered a product and am being told even after 15 days that it will take another week... should I believe in them or should I cancel the order and ask for refund? Also what should I do to get prompt refund ? What is "Trading Standards" interventions... ? I am scared.. will I ever get my money back ??

• RoderickSmith Apr 13, 2010

Hi victim_camera I am yet again very sorry someone is getting very poor service from this company. Please visit http://simplyelectronicsnot.webs.com to find more information about this company. Google consumer direct and find your local office. make a complaint. look at www.youtube.co.uk/simplyelctronicsNOT to discover you are not alone but you will get your money back if follow that route. SE are very slow and very poor at being turhful with its customer service. I am trying to put pressure on them to improve their standards. [protected]@simplyelectronics.net is the manager of customer services Email him with your grievance. Hope this helps

• Un
    unanamed May 21, 2010

we have been yet another victim of the poor service from simply electronics, why are they still trading we have ordered a lens from them and after many cals to them and emails tried to cancel, with yet no effect, just continually on hold ro waiting for a callback.

we have req refund due to no goods then was told there in packing, then was told they were in transit, but couldn't confirm, after yet another call we were then informed that we were calling hong kong and being charged accordingly, we called our credit card company and claimed refund that way...PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION _ DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! they will debit account without goods and then promise the goods have been sent but they havent!!

• Lu
    Luckymal Nov 08, 2010

MANY MANY THANKS... I was ordering a Leica X1 for their great price... (£1300+) and got to the checkout. I noticed a promotional code box and went in search of voucher... only to find this thread... WHAT A LUCKY ESCAPE !!!

RICHARD72010 Nov 18, 2010

I BOUGHT AINO PHONE ON JULY, 2010. I RETURNED BACK BECAUSE THE FEATURES, THEY TOLD ME MY REFUND BACK AS SOON AS THEY REVIEW MY FORM RETURN, THEN THEY APROVED MY RETURN AND SAID MY MONEY IS GOING BACK TO MY CREDIT CARD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. iT HAS BEEN OVER PAST THREE MONTHS AND THEY STILL SAYING MY REQUEST IS HAS BEEN PROCESSING, AND FOR HOW LONG IM GONNA WAIT FOR THIS GUYS!!!

• Sg
    Sgt William Apr 14, 2011

What the!?!? Freaking saw all the negative posts here. I just ordered smartphone @ SE about a week ago, which cost me around 300 pound. Till now haven't receive any reply from SE. Before buying, I saw many positive comments at reevoo. All really fake, isn't it? It's FRAUD! Where is my Moneeeeeeey~~~!

Need to chase back my money. It just a fake great deal from SE.

Worried buyer,
    Wills

• Mo
    montassa Apr 19, 2011

Not sure how to respond.. I ordered an iPhone 4 on the 12th April 2011. Was supposed to be 2 days delivery - heard nothing by the 17th and got worried - read these reviews and emailed them for a cancellation.. got a nice response monday saying delivery scheduled and now received an email mentioning the City Link courier will be delivering it today... so if it arrives in good condition as stated then i will have to disagree with all the comments above..

• Sg
    Sgt William Apr 19, 2011

Successfully cancelled order and just received refund from SE in 10 days. Seems helpful and efficient too. Don't know whether I'm the lucky one or these just a... ... You know what i means.

As a conclusion, I won't take a risk on my order @ SE. Better pay a little more for an order @ Amazon that guarantee receive items within 1-2 days with peace of minds.

Worried No More,
    Wills

• Mo
    montassa Apr 20, 2011

Ok so an update to the previous post..my Iphone 4 arrived 8 days after initial order - everything was perfect - no complaints... i must have had a unique experience compared to others. they even offered to give me a free screen protector for my troubles..

Rikoshet May 03, 2011

Hey!
    Unfortunately, i placed an order before i read the feedback on the web about the retailer. And i can confirm, all the negative stuff people write about Simple Electronics is TRUE! Never in my life i faced such a terrible service.
    They advertise really fast delivery (1-2 days, its free btw, which is odd but you are sold casue come on, fst and cheap) and have really low prices on actuall goods, which is what every person is looking for when making a purchase. And they claim to be based in UK (or at least have UK stock). That said, you are caught in the web by those 2 factors. From the time you confirmed your order, things start going to hell.
    On 3rd day of me placing an order i received an email, stating that they need additional security information from me. Why? I paid with verified PayPal, account with confirmed address. Yet, they still wanted me to send them a scan of my bank card and proof of address. They also advised me, thet this information will not be stored or shared with anyone and its totally safe to send it to them. I then had a look at their Terms of Use and Privacy policy. First off, they do not mention any possible additional security checks (unlike many other shops) and that a delay is possible. On the countrary, they specify that all the transactions from a credit card are governed by a bank and they are responsible for security. Second, the Privacy Policy clearly states that they can and will share your personal information to whomever they see fet. Now thats just silly, isnt it))
    I called their support line, the person there advised to call other number. That number is NOT ACTIVE. I could not reach their customer support by phone ever again. Then i sent an email and i must say they reply to them really quickly, but fail to read half of the stuff you wrote.
    After almost 2 weeks, i finally convinced then that i really need a refund. Waiting for it still and god knows when its going to be processed.
    !!!NEVER EVER EVER CONSIDER DEALING WITH THAT COMPANY!!!

Madfords May 06, 2011

I ordered an iPad as the website stated 1-2 days delivery and once purchased received an email to say 2-7 days. On day 7 after receiving no further communication I chased and was told they were inundated with orders and they would process soon - after continually chasing and being told they did not know when it would be dispatched I sent a message asking to cancel the order. The very next day I was told they could cancel as it had been dispatched and would arrive NEXT DAY!!! I refused the goods (I purchased elsewhere) and 30 days later I am still waiting for my £300 refund. I will never use this company again

Dandi_daniels Jun 08, 2011

I placed an order for a Nokia N8 from simplyelectronics, to my greatest surprise they requested for a copy of my card and address details which I reluctantly sent to them, till now I have not heard from them again. I have spent lots of money calling the help line over and over again. PLEASE DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. Only God knows if they are not actually frauds.

• Ca
    CameraJ Jun 11, 2011

I ordered a camera from them 2 years a go no problem. Ordered one the other day and it took 9 days to not even be dispatched! So I cancelled the order to get a refund and ordered it from Amazon £20 more but ordered 4pm thursday came 1pm friday love amazon.
    However I am still waiting for my refund from Simply Electronics and do ont really trust they are chasing it up... It has been 9 working days since they said it takes 3-5 days to get a refund! Not impressed and we are talking about £500 which I can not afford to loose. I Will never use this company again.

• Si
    Simply Electronics Jun 16, 2011

I ordered a camera they claimed to have in stock. They were charging $300 over list price for this hard to get item. After 3 days I called to see why they had not shipped the product. I got a bunch of double talk. They had to contact the dispatch and get a report that it was in the queue. The next day I called and got more double talk. I requested to cancel. They said only the accounting department can do that and gave me an email address. I sent the cancel request and got back a ticket number - more double talk and delay. Of course they charged my credit card $1499 immediately when the order was placed. I discovered that there is a British website detailing many complaints for a "Simply Electronics". The basic approach is to string people along with bureaucratic delays and never give a refund.

• Ds
    DSket Jul 07, 2011

"My husband ordered from Simply Electronics because their website says that they dispatch the item in 1-2 business days. It has been more than 2 weeks and it still hasn't been delivered nor dispatched (no notice of dispatch until now). We wrote them to ask when they can dispatch and they told us that they still can't tell us a date when it can be dispatched due to backlogs. What a disappointment! They can't even tell you when they plan to dispatch the item! AVOID THIS STORE! IT'S NOT WORTH the free delivery and service they promise!"

• Ju
    Justin.A Jul 07, 2011

Have you tried your Attorneys General? If you want to make further effective complaints, I suggest your Attorneys General office. Here is the website listing contact information for all in the United States. Anyone with similar concerns as you can contact your Attorneys General office of your home state and the state that offending business is registered in. Simply go to their main page and look for links to their Consumer Protection programs and agencies sponsored in that state.

Many of those agencies can and do help you directly and make inquires to companies on an individual basis. Very direct and timely

Nation Association of Attorneys General - or NAAG
    (copy and paste to your browser address bar)

• Ni
    Nick Brasil Sep 16, 2011

Hi.
    I have ordered a Samsung Tablet Computer worth £500. They were very slow to inform me about any change in my product shipping. After receiving an late email updating about my order being shipped, I suffered the bad experience of having my parcel stolen by the courier. The courier was a brazilian guy and my surname is Brasil. He is a cheater by background I assume. I have investigated really hard and put this to the police. Even worse Simply Electronics was very slow for any help. According to the shipping company YODEL, SimplyElectronics should provide me with a refund and carry on the investigation by themselves. It has been a two weeks nightmare for me. I have spent over £130 in this game so far. Now I am waiting for them to give me a position about my item.
    Organizations contacted:
    - Police (gave a case reference but didn't call yet about my investigation)
    - Consumers Direct (Could not advice me in legal procedures as the company is under Hong Kong's Law)
    - Shipping Company (YODEL) They were very unhelpful and could not advice me correctly)
    - Simply Electronics (Were unhelpful and could not explain to me what I should do. They might have done it on purpuse to see if I would forgive my £500.)
    - Citizens Advice Bureau (These were the guy who worked. They called SimplyElectronics straight away and found out I had the right for a new tablet computer). 'Sweet, at the moment I just want my money back.' I would not risk SimplyElectronics again, also I do not recomend it for anybody. Maybe I will think 100 times now before buying online as well.

Thanks,

Nick

• Ba
    barrs Sep 21, 2011

Cancelled my order with SimplyEletronics as I had decided it would be better to buy a UK warrented lens than and import from Hong Kong. The cancellation was confirmed and I was told that refund would be issued shortly. However that was back in October of last year and its now Febuary and still no refund despite numerous assuranced from them it would happen in the next few working days.

• Na
    Nacken23 Oct 11, 2011

Ok i ordered a €400 phone over a week ago still not dispatched is there any chance I will even get it? I feel sick :(

• Ha
    Hatch1969 Nov 09, 2011

I recently bought a Waterproof Casio Exilim camera. After the first time I used it ( not under water but just in a splash pool ) the lens condensated over. I took pics as evidence. I Emailed Simply Electronics and filled in the correct returns form along with the photos showing condensation. They sent off to their "Technicians" who said after carrying out tests nothing was wrong with the camera! After numerous emails and no replies I contact the Customer Service department who told me they could not help me as I would have to email my grievences. After pointing out that they do not answer the emails they told me there was nothing more they could do ! I am still without my camera and no one has replied to emails DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !

• Kw
    KwikChex Jan 19, 2012

Simply Electronics is, a leading online electronic goods retailer based in Hong Kong. They acknowledge they have had service issues, and have put resources in place to resolve them. They have made a commitment to a monitored Proof of Quality initiative to verify their standards and to add new levels of reassurance to consumers.

This has resulted in the swift resolution of cases that have to date utilised the new resources. The cases reported thus far have been an extremely small percentage of the overall customer number and any customer with concerns about the company is urged to use the resources now available.

Please go to the Simply Electronics website - http://www.simplyelectronics.net/ and click on the Proof of Quality seal in Security section for more details.

mariashenks Jan 27, 2012

My experience 6th until januari the 27th.
    *1) placed an order for a Galaxy-tab 10.1 on jan 6th, 2012.
    *2) fully payed the order by jan 6th, 2012.
    *3) received order confirmation from SE, jan 6 2012 and transaction confirmation from moneybookers.com, jan.6 2012.
    *4) wrote several emails questioning when i can receive my order: SE can't give any indication about that, caused by the great december demand; they are very busy.
    *5) had telephone contact twice with the customer serv.dept.: yes!, i came through :-)! their automated system of ours of waiting.
    *6) last telephone contact: 26th jan.2012. Result: they will dispatch my order today (the 26th) so i can expect my delivery on monday, jan. 30th at home! I sent an email confirming this telephone-commitment.
    *7) today, jan.27th 2012, again i receive a SimplyElectronics (rection)email :
    SE stated "In regards to your order, we are still suffering from backlogs and we are doing our best to dispatch all orders as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we are still unable to give an estimated dispatch date at the moment. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.". Signed by Robin.
    In fact, the same email as the past say 21 days. While yesterday i had a delivery-commitment by phone.

I'll wait until tuesday, the 31th of januari 2012 for my order to be delivered.
    If you all don't hear from me after the 1 of march than i would say: ok, this company is ok they only have to organize their logistics, maybe. Anyhow, they delivered.
    Otherwise, i'll start for a refund at SimplyElectronics and inform here the status, day by day.
    Regards. Sweet from the Netherlands.

• Ka
    Karu21 Feb 02, 2012

Same story here. Waited for 1+ months for my items, then cancelled. Now 1 month past since cancelling and no refund.

Richard 29.01.2012 Apr 17, 2012

Reply to Kwikchex:

Kwikchex needs to reassess the credibility of Simply Electronics
    Putting measures such as (automated email acknowledgement which gets attended in 5days time, no availability to print a receipt of the order, long waiting hours of calls on a premium number 0844, ridiculous and very rude customer service rep) isn't right.

If KwikChex claim to be dedicated to verifying critical information about businesses, including their standards i think they have to look at their mission statements and aims properly. Simply Electronics is taking advantage of the loophole in the UK market where any company can take on a UK premium number for its dealings, design their own terms and conditions regardless of consumer right and protection act and operate in the UK when they are clearly based in Hong Kong. What pisses me off is the lies and the scamming nature of this company.

"This has resulted in the swift resolution of cases that have to date utilised the new resources.. " This cant be true when it takes several months (3-12 months) for a case to be resolved.

"The cases reported are small percentage of the overall customer complain'ts". KwikChex should google and find out what customers think of simply electronics. Over 5000 customers with complaints cant be wrong. A good way of assessing them will be to conduct a survey and find out why customers ain't happy with this outfit and how they operate.

Reassess Simply Electronics before giving them a Proof of Quality seal.

• Ka
    Karu21 Apr 17, 2012

I cancelled my order after they postponed the delivery again after 12 month of waiting. They promised to refund, after 4 months they claimed they have made the refund. After 1 month from that claim I am still waiting for my 700 eur. Looks like I will never see it.

• Na
    Naylor Dec 21, 2012

I ordered an Ipad from SE and due to delay in dispatch then cancelled the order, whereupon I was assured that a refund would be issued 'shortly' I am still waiting and emails to customer service result in similar replies each time; i am thanked for my understanding (?} and assured that the refund will be issued shortly. Why is this firm still advertising and attracting customers?

• Su
    Susan Carrington Sep 20, 2013

On 5th August 2013 I ordered and paid for a Canon SX50 camera from the above company. This amounted to £253.95 which was paid for by my Visa Debit Card. I received an e-mail stating that I would receive the camera within 10 - 14 days. The order number for this item is: [protected]. After a couple of weeks, still no sign of the camera. Following numerous e-mails and telephone calls, I was told that it had been a very popular item and they had a delay in sending the camera. Again, after numerous e-mails and telephone calls, I was told that the item had been ready to ship, but unfortunately they thought it had been damaged, and were awaiting more stock. By the 3rd September, I decided to cancel the order, and requested a full refund of the money I had paid. I was assured that this would be done A.S.A.P. It is now the 20th September, and after logging into my account there is a note stating that my refund is a priority, but absolutely no idea as to when (and if) I am going to receive my refund.
    I feel that the whole transaction has been a scam, and after being given your details from a friend (whom you helped) I am hoping that you will be able to help me get my money back. My e-mail address is: [protected]@btinternet.com and my telephone number is: [protected].
    With many thanks for your assistance in this matter, and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Kind regards,
    Susan Carrington.

cheated by NOCHEX May 27, 2015

Did you ever get your money back?