ADVERTISIMENT

ShiplyTransporter was unable to fulfil the job and shiply won't refund

D Nov 12, 2021

I put a job on the Shiply website to transport a handmade kitchen & some bedroom furniture from Ireland to France. After a slow start a few quotes came in. I interacted with one driver who had a price that looked reasonable and who appeared to already know the area the furntiute was to be delivered to.

After a bit of to-and-fro on delivery dates, I (via Shiply) on 6th November paid a deposit to book the job (over 500 euros for collection on 9th November). The driver then promptly came back to say he could no longer honour that price as he had already left Ireland and would need to pay to return to Ireland to pick up the goods making the job unfeasible for him.

At this point, I had a customer in France waiting for furniture, folks lined up to help unload the furniture on arrival (access to the property is tricky, so that had to be prearranged) and therefore no time to go through the rigmarole of awaiting new quotes through Shiply at the risk of being let down again.

Having talked to people around me at the time I uncovered someone else locally who would be willing to make the trip within the time I needed so I took this option and the furniture was collected on Wednesday 10th November of this week.

Since the Shiply website clearly states that a refund is no problem I had no reason to assume this was not the case.

The site clearly says:

"It's a straightforward process and we'll just ask a few questions about what went wrong.

Please note it can take up to 10 working days for refunds to appear on your card statement. We will also send you an email once the refund has been issued, to keep you in the loop."

I reached out to customer support to explain what happened and to request a refund; but now - after the furniture has been collected and is already in transit, I discover that Shiply is requesting a ‘Proofy' photo of my goods to prove they have not moved. Well - the goods have moved, not by Shiply or the driver who accepted the job through the Shiply website, but they have moved, the driver who accepted the job initially will corroborate this I am sure. But the fact is I can no longer can take a photo. I had not been informed that my deposit would be withheld since it was over a certain value and that I would be required to submit specifc photos taken by a specific app if the delivery was to no longer go ahead for any reason, so how can these become real and justifiable demands now?

Every time I reach out to customer support, I meet the same standard response...

As advised, we are unable to process your refund without the required Proofy photo as per company policy, due to the high value nature of the deposit amount. We cannot assist you any further without this unfortunately.

If you wish to escalate this and submit a more formal complaint please find our registered company details below:

Our CEO is Gavin Alexander