Shell Vacations ClubDeceitful practices

S

I was sold a timeshare in Hawaii in late 2003. The deceit used was unbelievable. They gave me the standard "these points are going to be worth so much more in a very few years line". I was not buying it. There were a number of people around seriously considering buying and excited. Hindsight is 20/20, they were mostly from the island. I was ready to walk away when they told me they had a resell at about 10% less, someone who needed to get rid of theirs and I could benefit. I specifically asked if, should I decide to sell, they would be able to handle the resell. The said yes as evidences by me buying a resell. Later I learned by sales person was married to the head office person. When I called later to make inquiries, they would not return my calls.

There have been a number of write ups about their aggresive and unfair practices "in the past". They have done nothing to fix that for those of us who were blantantly lied to. And now I own something that I cannot sell and my annual maintenance fees have gone through the roof.

Please, please do not buy in to their sales pitch. They are not selling vacations and dreams, they are taking your money and signing you up for years of additional income. RUN [email protected]

• Ga
    gavin Dec 22, 2008

we need more people to stand up together and get stronger. shell vacation victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

• Je
    Jessica Feb 02, 2009

Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF.

We need more people to stand up together and get stronger. shell vacation victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

Why would someone pay $400 a night with Shell Vacations Club points when you can stay at the same Hotel for $150 by booking with Expedia or other website. The economy is in real bad shape and we should let current owner NOT TO PURCHASE MORE POINTS AND MAKE SURE OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT GET SCAMMED ON THIS RIP OFF.
    Do not get fooled by FAKE positve comments made by Shell Vacations employees. Read what current pissed owners have to say about.

chomputer Jul 08, 2009

@Jessica: How do you figure it's $400/night to stay with SVC vs. $150 on expedia?

• Sh
    ShellVacationssuck Jan 12, 2010

Shell Vacations is a RIP OFF. DO NOT PURCHASE THERE TIMESHARES. I bought 6000pts for a little over $2, 200. Everytime I have called Shell vacations, I'm told 9-10 days equals to 6000-7000 pts. Lets say, I want to stay at Waikiki, its gonna cost me 6000pts. I have checked expedia and other websites and the rates run from $90-130. At $100/night for 10 nights, I have already lost $1200. The sales people talk about how nice there resorts are and some only have 3 stars or 3.5. You are getting ripped off. I was told I could use my points to any of the hotels they have partnered with in the world. Hahaha, my 6000pts equals to 3 nights. And guess what I don't even have there damn book that they said I would be mailed. So if you wanna be ripped off buy a Shell Vacations timeshare. I have always found better deals at Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz. I can stress it enough, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices