Menu
Shaw Academy
reviews

Shaw Academy
reviews

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 16 reviews
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Shaw Academy has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Shaw Academy. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Rate your recent experience
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy I had impulsively signed up for a Holistic subscription with an initial 30 day free trial on Shaw Academy

I had impulsively signed up for a Holistic subscription with an initial 30 day free trial on Shaw Academy. Upon signing up I was ensured that there would be NO CHARGE until the end of the 30 days. What do you know? Full charge of $44.99 minutes later on my PayPal account. I was immediately turned off and decided to cancel due to the LACK of transparency. To cancel I had to call a number provided (which I cannot find now) with a Ref#. They told me that they could not issue a refund because of the specific Ad I clicked on? But they would cancel my subscription at the end of the 30 days so I could continue to use the course I paid for - which I didn't even want to accept that offer. So I received a confirmation email to this effect. I forwarded this email to the Billing Department Email provided, and I got the whole speech again about no refund will be issued and an encouragement to continue using the course during the remainder of the subscription. WELL, now a month later I see a $69.99 charge from Shaw Academy. I immediately opened a case to dispute an UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE with PayPal. Good luck trying to find a customer service phone number because they are all not in service. So I forwarded the original email chain to the Shaw Academy PayPal email, also emailed the original billing department email and explained the whole situation and how I demanded an IMMEDIATE refund. I also found a message form on Shaw Academy and wrote the same thing, also attached the entire email chain to that message as well. This business is SKETCHY. Why is there no Customer Service phone number clearly listed? Apparently as of 2020 they are being investigated by Trustpilot regarding all similar issues customers are having with this "highly rated" company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME

D. Johnson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I wanted to improve photography skills and the course was very helpful. The instructor was very knowlegeable.

F
F
F. Okuneva
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Course delivered what it said it would. Very knowledgeable instructor. Went a bit fast for me sometimes as I was new to content. No complaints otherwise.

V. Schultz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Still updating from last one month .Assignments and lessons are not opening, only shows coming soon

S. Grimes
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was coerced over phone into signing up to an extended plan which was supposed to give me access to all materials and certificates. However upon trying to access these materials I was charged a further significant amount and when I rang customer service they were extremely unhelpful and we're unwilling to make any sort of refund. Absolute scam, stay away

W

Shaw Academy I subscribed to Shaw Academy on 24th June for a 4-week free trial

I subscribed to Shaw Academy on 24th June for a 4-week free trial. Then I was unhappy with the experience since they kept on spamming messages and even called me when I didn't show up for online classes. So I tried to cancel the subscription. Apparently, you cannot cancel it from the website and you have to call a number to cancel. After waiting about 10 minutes on hold after calling this number, an automated voice said that my subscription has been cancelled. So I thought everything was resolved. But yesterday(2 months later), money from my account was taken out by Shaw Academy. When I checked my shaw academy account, the subscription is still active. This is a fraudulent activity and I found on paypal community that some other people have suffered from this fraudulent activity as well. Everything is wrong with Shaw Academy. Stay away from this website. You are better off using *** or other legit websites for online learning. I'm concerned why Paypal or anyone has put an end to this Shaw Academy fraud.
At the time of writing, I have talked to a manager from Shaw Academy but declined refund saying that my cancellation was incomplete. This is totally bull since I called them and cancelled it. However, they didn't send cancellation confirmation email to me so I can't prove that I cancelled the subscription. So I was just scammed $70 AUD and I suggest everyone to stay away from it. Some action needs to be seriously taken with this fraud education provider.
Anyway if you have already subscribed to the scam "trial" from Shaw Academy, go to your paypal settings > automatic payments> cancel Shaw Academy from the list. If you have used your credit card, call your bank ASAP or stop using your current credit card and get a new one from the bank. Stay safe everyone.

K. Rosenbaum
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DO NOT JOIN! Terrible service. You can't pause classes at all. The option doesn't exist. Emails about buying course materials constantly barrage your inbox. They make it very hard to get out of a free trial. I had to call an international number multiple times and go through prompts. The program said my account was canceled three different times, and still I received 4 different charges on my credit card which I then had to dispute. Thankfully, Barclay had my back. I had even sent an email telling Shaw Academy I would dispute any charges, prior to the end of my free trial, and still they persisted in charging me. STAY AWAY.

A. Torp
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I started off with 4 free weeks, then charged 69.99 which I knew I would have to do to continue; however; I also paid 54.99 twice in hopes of my certification already being paid for so i can get them and they applied my payments to some course materials I didn't even need. Then charged me 69.99 again, I requested to cancel for refund for misleading advertisement they then offered 4 more free weeks and certificates guaranteed (basically pitch a good sale pitch to keep me) I accepted and they immediately attempted to charge 69.99. They are still attempting to take 69.99 from my bank account which is now blocked because the bank states suspicious transactions from international company. Here is the kicker that has been about to request ALL funds back, they attempted two payments one called Shaw Academy and they switched the payment name BlueSnap now what is that? They did the attempt back to back for 69.99 all I wanted was my certificates for crystal healing and tarot reading but now I don't want nothing but my money back. I feel I have been scammed. P.s the people barely email you back and take forever to respond with a response clearly you do not want to hear if it's off topic

A. Lehner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am learning digital marketing professional certificate course created by Lovely Laura.The Course is very informative and interesting. Currently i am in module 1 lesson no 5 and i am enjoying learning this skill. Video content is quite awesome and the educator Laura is also awesome.. overall my experience is very satisfying. Love from assam to teacher Laura❤️

H. Hand
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

PLEASE READ. This is more for the business, but since your associated, I think you'd benefit from hearing this. Shaw Academy charged me for the Free course and wouldn't pay me my refund. Then while I was fighting to get my money back they pressured me to let them keep my money($194) in exchange for the courses. I just want my money back. I've been so upset and distressed about this, I haven't been able to continue the courses. If you know anything about this kind of practice going on you should do something about it. You've been a great teacher.

Replied
Shaw Academy replied to this review.

Shaw Academy Under no circumstances should anyone sign up to this online education provider

Under no circumstances should anyone sign up to this online education provider. They make out that their courses are free for a short length of time but because they ask you to sign up by using a card even if you do cancel your membership within the allotted time they charge your card anyway! The hassle it takes to cancel is an outrage. When I did mine I had to cancel through them online as their was no number to call, I did just that but then found they had taken a payment from my card. I tried again to get in touch and was left with an automated number that spent most of the 7mins trying to get me to stay by offering me all sorts of deal. I came off the telephone completely confused as to whether I had actually cancelled or not. My next stop was email and what a performance that was. Every time I asked them to do something simple, I'd get an email back trying to sell me something else, it was very much no you don't want to do that, lets give you this free thing worth £100 instead. Err no thanks, I've spent the last few months trying to get my money back, given I didn't give them permission to take it out in the first place. I even had one of their customer service reps tell me technically it was my fault anyway for giving them my card details - Yep that's right I had to enter my card details to access the free course but its my fault I've been charged twice even when I cancelled following their own procedures within the supposedly free course element - Go figure! In theory I was told I would be getting a full refund back within 7 days, now I grant you I expected that to be 7 working days but we're 10 working days since that happened and still no refund. I emailed them again on Monday and was told I would hear back within 48hrs, still nothing from them. Whatever you do save yourself the hassle do not use Shaw Academy ever.

H. Sporer
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had gotten an email inviting me to try out 4 free classes for learning how to trade stocks and learn about cryptocurrencies. The invitation said FREE, so I watched half a video and really wasn't interested. Now Shaw academy is trying to charge me,What is going on? Why would I be charged $69.95 for something that is supposed to be free. Totally seems like a scam to me!

D. Langworth
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I paid a huge sum for annual membership and you still charge me huge sum for course materials. I am not happy at all with your organization. Also the pre-recorded classes can not be paused while attending class. On other similar classes I attended, you can pause video and continue from where u stop. I regretted sign-up for this.

L
L
L. Bins
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This app is amazing I've used this for long time but right now I'm busy with some of work so I'm not using this app teachers are also very amazing over here.

S. Botsford
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Worst customer service. Broken promises and the platform worked for a while but not anymore. I have been trying to fix this issue but nobody answers in a proper manner. Not recommended at all.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy I signed up for a 4 week free trial for a project management class on 11/15

I signed up for a 4 week free trial for a project management class on 11/15. When I signed up it asked for my credit card with the understanding that I could cancel anytime in my 4 week trial or be billed $79.99/mo afterwards if I would like to continue forward. The very next morning of 11/16 I had received two charges for $47.86. I immediately wrote to them saying there has been a mistake. Turns out when I downloaded the app I went to the upcoming class and there was a ppt available for download. I thought this was to review the upcoming class and what to expect. There was not a disclaimer anywhere about this being a billable item. I did not click any confirm button to make a purchase by downloading the item. I did not receive a receipt of purchase after I downloaded the item. They are now telling me that I purchased this item. As a web developer I know that the download will include if I clicked on a disclaimer or agreed to the purchase - however I have not received any further information on this. They are trying to offer me free months, however I have canceled my account on 11/17. I then received an email saying that I should sign back up and receive the same toolkit they billed me twice for now for FREE. I have reported this to ftp.gov/complaint as I do believe they are a scam company. They CAN offer refunds and they SHOULD. What they are doing is incredibly misleading and the fact that they can charge you without your approval or providing a disclaimer to make purchasers aware that they will be charged should be investigated immediately. IMPORTANT: If you have "canceled" your membership - be sure at the end of hitting Yes I would like to cancel 5-6 times there is a phone number that comes up and a student referral number. BE SURE TO CALL THAT NUMBER. RECORD THE CONVERSATION - I have seen reviews where people thought they canceled and were still billed.

T. Hartmann
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

So far I've learned a lot and have high hopes for completing the course. Instructor is educated and easy to understand. The app is easy to navigate.

J. Prohaska
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm supposed to have 5 years free with everything included course kits and diploma. I can't start module 2 cause it wants me to reactivate my account which means I would be charged every month. When it's supposed to be free. I was really happy with everything until this happened, now I can't finish what I started with out paying for what they said was free.

S. Ortiz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I canceled this course last month mate ,can I get a refund azwel please

K. Marks
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Best courses ever! I learned so much! The food you make is so delicious.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy signed up for a 30 day trial of which on the 1st of December I decided It was'nt a great match for me at this time than I canceled online by

signed up for a 30 day trial of which on the 1st of December I decided It was'nt a great match for me at this time than I canceled online by clicking the red cancellation link. That link took me to a series of additional pages telling me not to give up on my goal ,,, and on and on. I belive it took me to about 5 or 6 pages just to *** cancel. Each page it leads you to it has cancel, than another offer. Finally on the last page it cancelled than gave me 5 digits( confirmation/reference code I guess) plus the number to call.
I called them to cancel and the lady offer me free tookit and told me there were sending the cerificate, mind you I never even had a chance to open their site and even see what the course look like or operate. But there were sending me a certificate. And I said NO i don't want nothing just want to cancel. She said the email will be sent to me to confirmation the cancellation. I never received the email. But the charge of $69.99 on my card. Called them again to refund my money since I never or will not be using the site. Representative told me they have never received my cancellation but she will send me the billing department email because you they can't be reached by phone. OKKKKKAy I hang up , waited 2 days no email, no email. I called them back again another representative helped that day. Stated it showed that I called and my refund was being processed and he was sending me the details through email. That never happened. Third time now calling and very frustruated I asked to get the biiling email over the phone, ofwhich he did. Email sent to billing. AUGUSTIN, the very first representative I talked was the one responding to my email. Letting me know I didn't cancel on time, ofwhich was a lie. I joined November 16 and I cancelled December 01. And on December 16 my card was charged $69.99. You do the math.
I'm still waiting for my refund and its December 24th.

This company will scam you! Dont d business with them

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy I registered with shaw today because i saw their ads that says free 4 week Excel online course

I registered with shaw today because i saw their ads that says free 4 week Excel online course. I saw it on Instagram. I clicked their name/profile picture. I was on their IG website. I clicked Learn More at the bottom and I was brought up on their main website. I registered my email and password, as well as my bank details. I received an email to download their app and I clicked and installed it. A pop up showed, i clicked eCertificate. An email received about toolkit, i clicked it. Then i received a text message from my bank that says they've temporarily blocked my card. I called them immediately. And viola! There was a charged from shaw of two Php299.99 which I was not notified of. I got stressed. I can't stop thinking how dare are they to steal money just by clicking something without any price on it. Like wth! Now, I am really trying hard to email to stop my subscription with them, delete my account and full refund my money. And you know what they said? They cannot refund because i already purchased it and its on their terms and conditions. I'm like, what did I purchased? You pop up something, make me click it, tell me that i need this and that but guess what? It is your way to steal money from our bank. Also, they even extended my trial up to 3 months instead of 30 days and give more complimentary. Like i don't need those. I demanded for full refund and cancellation of my account with shaw. I can't study on a academy that scams you. They say it's free and will just charge you after your trial period but nope, they charge you every click. Can someone help me to demand a full refund of my money? Can someone slap them with the words "cancel my subscription" and "give me back my money"? I need to call them as well as part of the final step of confirming that i cancelled my account with them like wth! Help me please. I just want to gain more knowledge this quarantine times, but i didn't expect this stressful situation would happen to me in order to get that "more knowledge" that i want. I've read what's written on every pop ups, emails, etc... But they just auto charge me for whatever i clicked.

Shaw Academy I am quite disappointed by this

I am quite disappointed by this. I'm ashamed to say I did not research them before I signed up for the offer. I am certain they are vague for the purpose of misleading those who sign up and "forcing " them to carry on with course they don't particularly want. I've got a feeling that even if I had canceled in a timely manner, I still would have lost money somehow. They assure you when you sign up that they will remind you about the cancellation window. It's also on the membership page which has a countdown and when you go to cancel the subscription. But the next page alerts you that you will not be able to continue the trial classes even though that is what was offered. I also bought the bonus material ($40) since it came highly recommended as a good supplement but that is also no longer available if you cancel the subscription before the classes are complete. By the way, the bonus material is not really necessary unless you are DEFINITELY continuing to take the course. They bombard you with hard-sell emails and SMSs throughout the trial period, but not one of them is a reminder about the cancellation window as promised. It said I had one day left to cancel which was the day I took the last lesson and the day they also released the last portion of the bonus material I paid for. They quickly debited my account that same day for $70 and told me I was too late even though I had checked my account and the countdown the day before. It said one day left and of course it was the day I took the last lesson. I find that interesting. I am sorry I didn't cancel sooner as I felt like doing 3 days prior. I checked my email very thoroughly because I get many emails that I have to categorize and so I did some digging before the cancellation and after and I did not see anything resembling a reminder notice. I am not taking any of their courses. The course was good and I was glad I took it but it's not something I want to continue to explore as a career path. I followed through with the full module of 8 lessons and maybe I'll make my money back with the bit of knowledge I have. But I don't recommend them. I don't like the way they do business.

P
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy My experience is similar to all the others posted here - DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING WITH THIS HORRIBLE PLACE

My experience is similar to all the others posted here - DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING WITH THIS HORRIBLE PLACE. I landed a new job as a Project Manager and saw an ad for Shaw come through social media. I joined the free 4 week trial, knowing that due to COVID-19, I had been unemployed for over 3 months (I'm a contractor so no unemployement) and I wanted to up my skills. I had good intentions however as I love to learn and thought I would follow this course through once I started getting a paycheck. The courses are not ONLINE - they are scheduled a horrible times, you get texts and emails and "YOU MISSED YOUR CLASS" and way too much communication. When I was able to attend one class, I realized you can only take them 1 per week or something so to finish the course, of course they will take your money. I decided to cancel just five days after the supposedly FREE 4 week trial started and they make you call in to speak to a person. It's funny how you can call someone when you want to cancel but you can't reach someone when they've charged you fraudulently. I spoke with "Lannice" from "customer service" and she tried to talk me into keeping the membership, I refused and requested an email confirmation and that I wouldn't get charged. She confirmed that I was cancelled and would not be charged but that if I changed my mind I could just reactivate my account. I have the email. This was 5/26. Today, 6/20 I was charged $34.99. I have replied to Lannice's email 5 times, written a Customer Complaint Form on their site, used their so called "Chat" feature on their website, messaged them on Facebook and someone named AMELIA is now sending me an email saying that "she's sorry to hear that I didn't cancel my membership correctly but she's happy to tell me that they have extended my benefits for 6 months - happy studying!" I have worked in customer service and this is the WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. THe $34.99 came out of my account this morning when I had less than $80 to my name to feed my son and I until my first paycheck on June 30th. This is stealing, fraudulent and not acceptable. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS COMPANY - they are SCAMMERS!

B

Shaw Academy It's unfortunate that you cannot leave a ZERO star review

It's unfortunate that you cannot leave a ZERO star review. Shaw Academy is a SCAM. Shaw Academy uses deceptive practices in regards to "Free Trials" and one-click purchases. After signing up for the 4 week "Free Trial", I have lost $39.95 to a deceptive once-click purchase for their toolkit or certificate via a pop-up that completely blocked the course information page. You cannot simply exit out of the pop-ups. They employ the fault and deceptive practice of making it so that the "X" to exit out of the pop-up is the same as clicking on the ad itself. After clicking on the "X" to exit out of the pop-up, I found that it did not actually close out but that I ended up automatically losing $39.95 for a "toolkit". That in and of itself is worthless. I have also been inundated with text messages and emails to purchase more courses and the "diploma/certificate" for the course that I originally signed up for. I have demanded a refund as well as canceling my membership. Only the cancellation of my membership has been addressed so far. I have filed a dispute with PayPal over the fraudulent one-click purchase, but so far that has been denied. I am now filing an appeal for that purchase. I am also contacting the credit card company through which the charge was done through PayPal to see if they can help with a refund due to fraudulent practice or at the very least, put Shaw Academy on notice for their fraudulent practices. I left a review on TrustPilot as well and only received an "automatic" reply from Shaw, where I then have to contact them yet again but through a different email address just so I can demand the refund that they owe me. Shaw Academy recruits a bunch of people from India to write fake 5 star reviews for them to try to cover up the actual bad reviews they get, and many of those reviews clearly are fake and make no sense. There are a bunch of 4 and 5 star reviews here as well, that I guarantee are fake as well. As I type this, I have received 2 more text messages from Shaw Academy trying to get me to pick a plan and get "free" course material with it. This company is nothing but a SCAM. I will be blocking them via text and email, but not until after I get my refund back.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy The free trial is pointless, because once you schedule when you want to view the classes they are scheduled for a week later, so you will not

The free trial is pointless, because once you schedule when you want to view the classes they are scheduled for a week later, so you will not have time to complete a course within the trial period. Their site and app is filled with click bait, single click purchase pop ups. Example, I clicked the one advertising that I could get access to the full course on my own time, and instead of taking me to an informational page explaining benefits and pricing, I was immediately charged the 69.99 membership fee. I contacted them and of course was unable to get my money back. I was able to get through the first module just fine, but then the second module I got through the first 3 videos and the rest were 'being updated'. I contacted them again, the first response stated that since I'm taking a new course, they're working as fast as they can to get the videos up, and the second response said they were doing an update to the app and were working to resolve some bugs. A few days later, all the videos were available. Now I am running into the same issue with the third module. They are making me schedule the classes, and although I can change the date of when I would like to view the course, if I miss it I now have to wait for that video to be 'updated'. These are pre-recorded, and supposedly the course was available for me to join 'live' at my scheduled time, so why isn't the recording available the next day? The app is terrible, besides the pop ups trying to click bait you (I have paid for the subscription, but still receive welcome messages and prompts to reactivate my subscription), it does not show which lessons I have completed, and the assignments don't update after you've taken them. I've actually had to complete assignments again on a desktop because the app will not register that I've completed the assignment. And then after that, the app still won't update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times to get it to sync with my account. The course I'm taking does have some pretty good content, but this game they're playing is exhausting. Customer service has been responsive to e-mails, but they won't give you your money back after tricking you out of it, and who knows if they actually fix anything when a complaint is lodged.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy This company exploits you and tries to get as much money out of you as possible

This company exploits you and tries to get as much money out of you as possible. Here is my experience with them, in detail.

As many know, companies such as Amazon, Adobe, and others, will automatically refund your payment if you cancel your subscription within a week (sometimes more) of payment. I signed up for a free trial, and the day after it ended (the MOMENT I was charged) I canceled. Here is what the cancelation process is like:

I had to click through pages of guilt tripping, confusing text to finally get to a page which told me that I needed to CALL to cancel, which is bizarre. I called and again had to listen to at least 15 minutes of guilt tripping and begging before I could finally cancel. I had to keep pressing specific keys to move forward. I cannot express just how unprofessional and exploitive this practice is. They said things such as "if you want to waste this opportunity and give up on your education, press 2" over and over again. Had I been someone less technologically adept, or someone who does not speak English well, it may have been impossible for me to cancel at all.
Next, since I was worried about getting my 70 dollars back, I emailed support with this message:

I signed up for a free trial and completed it. Upon being charged the day that my free trial ended, I cancelled my subscription. I was charged $69.99 and have not used anything that I payed for since I immediately canceled the subscription. Due to the current situation with Covid-19, I am in a difficult financial situation and this charge impacts my life. I would like to make sure that I will recieve a refund. Thank you for your time, ***.

Here is the email I recieved in response:

Hi ***,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have personally reviewed your account and found the following details:
The subscription has been initiated as a 4-week free trial.
It was not cancelled during the trial period, so the payment was processed.
These terms are stated and accepted before account creation.T&C please see sections 4 and 5.
We are unable to process subscription refunds unfortunately after the trial expiry, as per the terms and conditions.

Sure it's legal, and sure if I had been more careful I could have avoided the payments, but their practice is extremely unprofessional and exploitive. I stronly reccomend another online course website. There are many which are much more reputable.

Shaw Academy MY ADVICE- Do not sign up for "school

MY ADVICE- Do not sign up for "school". This is a scam-

I cancelled my "subscription" the day AFTER I signed up. I called and canceled. Sent email follow ups to make sure this "subscription" was cancelled and requested my initial fee of $43.11 was refunded to my credit card. I finally received my refund of $43.11 on January 25.

February 2- Shaw Academy charged my $52.81 - Please note I called and cancelled this "subscription" January 5.

February 3 - I have requested my refund- sent copies of the correspondence with the representative and their response is that I didn't cancel during the "trial Period" ( I cancelled the DAY AFTER i signed up for this mess). so now they offer this " we are providing you
with 6-months access absolutely free which is now activated in your account." - NOPE NOT EVER! I replied asking for my refund and sent the correspondence to them again.

February 4- I have received a response from the 2/3 request stating the following: "We are very sorry to learn that you have been charged even after attempting to cancel
or sending a cancellation request. The cancellation process was not completed either by following all the steps in your account or by calling the given number (within working hours) shown at the end of the cancellation journey. Hence, your subscription was still active and you were charged for the subscription renewal.

To start with a good note, for the amount you have been charged, we are providing you
with 12-months access absolutely free which is now activated in your account."

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE... "We can confirm your membership is scheduled to cancel after the extended membership period thus ensuring no further payments will be processed."

SO ...I AM GOING TO ATTEND A "SCHOOL" WHERE THE ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT READ ( one email states that I did indeed call the school) NOR COMPREHEND. SECONDLY, I AM GOING TO ATTEND THESE "FREE" CLASSES AND THEN YOU WILL CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION! NOPE NOT EVER- WHEN *** FREEZES OVER!
As I have stated in my return email to them -
I will ask my credit card company to deny these charges as they are fraudulent.
I will notify PayPal that your company is running a scam charging AFTER cancellations.
I do not want to participate now or in the future with your organization.
I will make sure I spread the word that this is a scam-

DO NOT SIGN UP- DO NOT ATTEND- THIS IS NOT A LEGITIMATE ORGANIZATION-

W
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy I signed up for the 4 week free trial from Shaw Academy after my mother suggested it to me

I signed up for the 4 week free trial from Shaw Academy after my mother suggested it to me. She saw an ad for it on instagram/facebook for cosmetology courses. I signed up for the trial and was told I wasn't going to be charged until my 4 weeks was up. So I'm thinking "Okay sounds convenient, if I don't like the course then I can just cancel" right? Wrong. I had $0.00 in my account at the time so it was perfect for me to sign up for the trial and if I liked it by that time the trial was up I would have enough money for the course. They charged my card a few hours after I signed up in the total of $39.99. So I was out and about when it happened but I got a notification saying they charged me and immediatly was frazzled. Why would they charge me after telling me I get 4 free; FREE weeks. So I got home took a class and I didn't like it. I have just had a baby so my time is taken up by my baby, I don't get free time. I tired to work it in my schedule anyway. I finally got the time to contact them, which by the way finding a phone number and finding a way to speak TO A HUMAN BEING is ABSOLUTE ***. I searched everywhere for a phone number and finally found one (*** ( That number is now disconnected)) I spoke to someone and let them know 1. I was charged for something I wasn't supposed to be charged for. and 2. I don't have time because I have a baby and cant find the time to sit down and actually take the classes. The man I spoke to told me he understood how that can be and would cancel my subscription. AFTER offering me for more products and I refused that is. I had to wait for the transaction to post which took too long and eventually I forgot about it. I don't use that debit card I use my credit card so that's why. Well after I went through the website and thought I cancelled everything It's weeks later and they still tried to take money from me. THEY GOT ME TODAY 04/02 at 12:09 pm EST they pulled $69.99 of my card when I was in the process of sending money to my sister. My account is now overdrawn and I am *** THE *** OFF because if I CANCELLED why THE *** am I still being charged? excuse my language but you have to understand my frustration. I already am not working because of the pandemic and I'm a single parent. So when something like this happens is really nerve wracking. I will never sign up for anything online again and I will be cancelling my card and I better get my money back ! I will be taking legal actions.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy DON'T SIGN UP FOR THE 4-WEEK TRIAL FROM SHAW ACADEMY!

DON'T SIGN UP FOR THE 4-WEEK TRIAL FROM SHAW ACADEMY! STAY AWAY FROM SHAW ACADEMY! I believe that the company should be investigated in regards to how they run their business. The language that they used to sell their products is quite misleading to consumers and they don't make it easy to cancel or opt out of a free trial even though we have multiple existing examples where this is not an issue with other companies or learning platforms. I had signed up for their free trial to try out one of the courses offered and I was trying to cancel the trial subscription way ahead of the trial end date. The process of cancelling is also confusing with the cancellation button greyed out during the process making it really hard to see. This is deceptive when you are trying to navigate through the process and making consumers think that the only choices that they have would be to select one of the options that they can actually see. The process was filled with asking multiple times whether I was sure I wanted to cancel, but not before being presented with multiple free add ons and offers to extend the free trial period. It wasn't until I spoke with someone on the phone after emailing twice to find out that they ONLY would CONSIDER a cancellation and/or a refund for accounts that are in the "trial" status. I had tried to explain to them that during the process of me cancelling and confirming multiple times that I wanted to cancel, I had dropped my phone. When I picked it up, I noticed that I was switched over to a "lifetime" subscription with nothing else on the screen. There was no switch/change account type option, nothing. I was told repeatedly over the phone that they won't be able to issue a refund, which I still can't understand why if I had expressed that I've tried to platform and it wasn't for me. I don't see myself using it beyond the trial period and it wouldn't be beneficial for me even if I was to keep it. They said that the only thing that they can do is to offer a couple of free add-ons to my account so that "I won't feel like my money is wasted". I mentioned that I was going to file a dispute with my banking institution and the tone on the phone instantly changed...trying to tell me that the process will take at least 3 - 6 months and even if the complaint has been filed, it's not a guarantee that anything would happen or that I would get my money back, saying all the things to try and get me NOT to file a dispute...in his "personal opinion". I've filed a dispute with my bank and now I'm just waiting to hear back, I hope this helps anyone who is even considering signing up! Just don't do it!

Shaw Academy Shaw Academy doesn't even deserve one star

Shaw Academy doesn't even deserve one star. I came across this organization via social media and their promotion for their free trial. Before signing up, all information I read gave great emphasis that you will be notified a few days prior to your free trial ending. This disclaimer was the reason why I decided to sign up. I figured I wanted to learn a few things about photography since I was home more due to COVID-19. If I didn't like it or use it, they guaranteed I would receive notice of my free trial ending so I could cancel at that time without losing money. I ended up not utilizing the program. I did not sign onto any courses. Shaw Academy sent numerous texts and some emails reminding me of upcoming courses or missed courses. However, none of these correspondents addressed my free trialing coming to an end. I finally decided to log on and saw my free trial had ended. I went through all the text and emails and did not come across one reminder notification of my trial ending. I then went to my account and called customer service just to go through all the automated obstacles to cancel the service. A few weeks later I get one random email from Shaw Academy stating I missed a class. I was confused because I cancelled and had not received any notifications from them in some weeks. I also checked my bank transaction history and saw I was recently charged $69.99. At this point this was the second time I was charged $69.99. I log back in expecting to see my subscription status as cancelled, instead my status said active. I go through their ridiculous automated phone service to cancel the subscription and this time I signed back in to confirm the status had changed to cancelled. I finally found an email for their billing department and explained my ordeal. After a few days I got some generic response saying I did not cancel prior to my free trial ending and unfortunately they could not refund my money. They offered some unwanted free courses of my choice, claimed to be worth $399. Lesson learned about these "free trials." They charged me $69.99 twice. I never received a notification stating my free trial was ending as they so persistently advertised in their promotion. The first charge I was willing to let go of because I hadn't cancelled, even though they failed to notify me. The second charge should have been refunded because I did cancel and I find it strange that somehow their records indicate otherwise. I did some more research and discovered Shaw Academy lost their accreditation in 2019, no surprise. Do not waste your time and money subscribing to this "Academy." You're better off enrolling in a program offered by a traditional college/university or exploring your hobbies on your own.

O
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shaw Academy Normally, I research things properly before i commit to signing up for anything but i did not do so when i signed up with Shaw Academy

Normally, I research things properly before i commit to signing up for anything but i did not do so when i signed up with Shaw Academy. I only read the reviews after the fact and after registering my PayPal account as a method of payment with them. After seeing so many complaints , I started to panic...I carefully read the Terms and Conditions and I saw that if you use a third party ( such as PayPal) as payment method you have to cancel the membership through the said third party. Basically to take Shaw Academy off Auto Renew with PayPal. Which I did immediately for fear of being charged without notice like other ppl have been. I was also receiving( like a lot of ppl here) a bunch of text messages from Shaw Academy but all I had to do was opt out and they never bothered me again with a text. Same thing with the e-mails. At the end of the free trial , i decided to reactivate my PayPal payment with them because, to be honest, i did like the classes and I was getting the info that I needed. After being charged the agreed membership fee, 2 days later an unauthorized charge of $39.99 posted on my PayPal. I checked my billing history on my profile page with Shaw Academy and sure enough i had an invoice there for that amount for an "Ecert". E- Certificate that i never purchased . I wrote Customer Support an e-mail as was indicated and i received an e-mail back saying that a rep. will be in contact with me within 48 hours. When it was getting closer to the end of those 48 hours and yet i was waiting for somebody to contact me, I picked up the phone and called them. A very nice customer service rep. , named Catherine, answered and told me that she will rely the message to her managers and somebody will be in touch soon. She also offered me an extra 28 days of the course for free for the inconvenience. She told me that if nobody solves the issue soon , I can e-mail her back . I had little hopes of any resolve , knowing other ppl's experiences but I was wrong. Nobody contacted me but one day later i had a refund from Shaw Academy, which was nice and fast so ... Yes, it is not nice that i was charged for something I didn't purchase but for me at least, getting a refund was a fairly easy process. If a situation like this happens again, i will simply cancel my membership through PayPal but i really hope I don't have to get to that point again because, how i said, i like the classes , i think it is good info , it is affordable and easy to work around my schedule... My advice to other students that have similar issues with this company and want to cancel - read the Terms and Conditions. If you paid through PayPal or any other third party( which I highly recommend for your protection) , cancel trough them, take Shaw Academy off Auto Renew and you won't have to deal with anything else. If you don't like the multiple texts and e-mails from the Academy, simply opt out of both and again you shouldn't have any issues anymore...I agree it shouldn't get to that point and being charged extra for things without your consent it's not a good way to do business and it does not emanate trustworthiness but that's something that the Company has to deal with. They probably lost and will lose a lot of clients by doing this but... I would say, IF you are getting something out of these classes, if it betters you on some level, if you enjoy the materials ...just don't give up. If issues like these appear repeatedly , then by all means, cancel , do what is best for you...but don't give up from the first issue that apparently can be solved and you get some freebies on top of it :)) One more thing... i see ppl have issues with the new version of the app and also with clicking by mistake on purchasing course materials ... If you have the possibility, use a laptop, desktop or even a tablet for your classes. I never had any issues not being able to watch or hear a class. The screen being bigger makes it easier to click on the X and not accidentally purchase tings too...

Shaw Academy Customer Reviews Overview

Shaw Academy is an online learning platform that offers a wide range of courses in various fields such as digital marketing, photography, finance, and nutrition. Upon analyzing Shaw Academy reviews, there are several positive aspects of the platform that stand out for its users.

One of the key features appreciated by many users is the flexibility of the courses. Shaw Academy offers courses that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, making it convenient for learners to complete them at their own pace. Additionally, the classes are recorded, which means learners can revisit difficult concepts and review their progress at any time.

Another positive aspect of Shaw Academy is the quality of the instructors and the educational material. The experts who teach the courses are well-versed in their respective fields, and the course materials are structured and comprehensive. Moreover, learners have access to various resources, such as assignments, quizzes, and interactive online sessions.

Shaw Academy also offers excellent support to its learners. The customer support team is responsive and helps resolve any issues faced by learners promptly. Additionally, learners are part of a vibrant community of over one million students worldwide, with whom they can interact and seek guidance.

Overall, Shaw Academy is an excellent platform for anyone looking to gain new skills and knowledge in a flexible and supportive environment. The high-quality courses, expert instructors, and exceptional support make it a valuable investment for learners looking to achieve their personal and professional goals.

Shaw Academy contacts