Sharetrackin — Misleading sales and asking penalty for return
I am logging this complaint on behalf of my dad, who was recently ambushed by these guys.
Sharetrackin / CK Moneyline contacted him telephonically, offering what he understood to be an investment opportunity. When they came to see him, they overwhelmed him with smooth sales talk, including promises of a 40% return on investment, and coerced him to sign an agreement then and there, and to give them a cheque for R20 000.
They left him with a package which he took to be the details of how the investment scheme works. After they left, he opened the package, and discovered that it was in fact a software package, which is not what he thought he bought.
My dad is not tech-savvy and would never have bought a piece of software. He is retired, living off his savings, not interested in investing directly on the stock exchange, which is what this product is about. Neither of these facts was brought to his attention during the sales process.
He stopped payment on the cheque, cancelled the transaction via email, and returned the package the next day. They told him to pay a R 2000 penalty for the return. He paid this penalty. When he became aware of the fact that he was NOT required to pay a penalty in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, he requested a refund, which the company refused. We are now busy lodging a complaint to the NCC.
Although this only cost my dad R2000 in the end, I think it stinks that this company, in addition to the unethical behaviour they have been notorious for in the past, now also target, and take advantage of elderly retired people, who can least afford it.
Beware of these scamsters – they clearly have no scruples!
More Sharetrackin Complaints & Reviews
- Sharetrackin - Underhand / unethical marketing
- Sharetrackin / C&K Moneyline - Unethical
- Sharetrackin - Think twice before dealing with this company
- Dynamic Trading Solutions / Sharetrackin / DTS Moneyline - Consumer action
- Sharetrackin - Annoying and unprofessional
- Sharetrackin - Mustang Marketing - No payment of salary
- Sharetrackin - Lying to their clients
- Sharetrackin - Cancellation / interest after paying of contract amount
- Sharetrackin / C&K Moneyline - Unauthorised debit order of r299.00
- Sharetrackin / C&K Moneyline - Scam!!!