SharetrackinMisleading advertising/unethical behaviour

C Mar 13, 2018

Serial number: [protected]
A sales person, Evert Oostuyzen, came to see me on 6 August 2017 to explain to me how the investment product works. He made it very clear to me that I am not taking any risk for 6 months as I will be refunded all of my monthly premiums plus the amount paid on the application.
Investing online was something of interest to me and thought it a good opportunity to learn whilst at home on maternity leave for a couple of months. I paid R 30 000 and have been paying a monthly subscription of R for 6 months.
A couple of days past 6 August 2017 I had an unfortunate event in my life which was not expected and as a result I could not continue with the investment product. I informed the sales person immediately before the first debit order has gone off. He told me that the funds have already been transferred and that I need to wait my 6 months. Being told that I am not taking any risk and assured a refund I waited my time out.
My 6 months has passed and enquired about my refund and to cancel my subscription. I have since been informed via e-mail that I do not qualify for a refund as I do not meet the refund criteria. The sales person is ignoring my calls.
All legal constraints are being put forward to me as to why I do not qualify despite the assurance given from the sales person that this will not be the case.
I am very unhappy and feel cheated by these persons. The sales person seemed to sincere, traveling all the way from Pretoria to my home in the WestRand.