Sedgwick CMSridiculous company

I have been on disability due to a heart attack and two heart sugeries. Sedgwick CMS has been horrible to work with and even though I have tried to jump through all their hoops, even while at death's door, I still can't get my payments properly. My doctors have sent stacks of forms as Sedgwick requested, I have spent hours on the phone, and STILL.. my last 2 payments have been for about 1/5 what they should be. I just now called Sedgwick to see if everything was in order for my August 10 payout so I could pay my rent and bills (all LATE already, penalties on all of course!), and was told again that they are waiting on their nurse to approve it, for another signature from my doctor (he just sent a book size fax a week ago), and all the reasons why I am still probably going to get another tiny check. Every single period has been like this, I am in terrible shape financially thanks to Sedgwick CMS, and besides all this... when a person is close to DEATH, why are they terrorized every few days by this company and asked to do something else, only after which they don't get paid anyway. I am a person who is very slow to anger and slow to complain, but I have had it. I intend to report this company to everyone I can think of to try to get something done so that others don't have to go through this. I am close to returning to work now and am feeling good enough to fight back finally. This has been the most outrageous process. I feel really sorry for the phone reps who have to sit there and tell people these things when it isn't their fault. I bet they don't stay long.

Janice Sullivan Aug 24, 2012

Totally agree. Segwick has been a nightmare; I would descibe it nothing short of harrassment. My husband works for AT&T and was diagnosed with terminal cancer in April and Segwick refuses to cut us any slack. They have AGAIN denied his claim for this past month saying "there's not enough information" since he only had ONE doctor's ppontment and a CT scan. They demand tons of paperwork, and then claim they don't "read medical-eze" when they get it. Who else can we complain to??

christine1234 Aug 25, 2012

same here. I am on kidney dialysis for 10 hours a day 7 days a week. My doctor has faxed them piles of paperwork and they still state they need more! According to the State of California I am 100% disabled but not according to Sedgewick. They call when they need something and you are expected to jump through hoops for them, but it takes them longer than 2 weeks to get back to you! It is a shame that people at deaths door have to fight for what is right! These people have no medical training at all, my caseworker didnt even know what dialysis was and never showed on bit of empathy. I will be getting an attorney!

cheated 2 Aug 28, 2012

Perhaps a HUGE lawsuit against sedgwick for harrassment is in order. It is criminal what they do. Reading all of the above complaints are exactly what I have gone through. I cant add anymore. No check, oops, dont know how that happened, we forgot, changed computer systems, on vacation, overlooked, etc. Does anyone know of any attorneys willing to take this on that are NOT in the insurance companies back pocket or attorneys that are REALLY willing to represent JUSTICE?????

christine1234 Aug 29, 2012

Now Sedgewick is questioning my doctors integrity. They set up a "peer to peer" appointment so that my doctor (a board certified nephrologist) will speak to their doctor who is board certified in who knows what. They set the appointment for 330 and of course when my doctor called they didnt know what he was talking about. So here I sit and wait. What more does Sedgewick want? What I do believe is that they want to frustrate you so much that you just give up! Well I wont give up. I will be calling the California State Insurance comissioner tomorrow.

johnathan summers Sep 07, 2012

I only had a claim for damages to my vehicle from a company that is insured by sedgwick. After googling them they have multiple attourneys in every state (just another monopoly) However, they are fallable- they became irate when I asked questions and seemed to make multiple mistakes. I would suggest filing a complaint with your *** STATE INSURANCE REGULATOR**** Dial 1800 fed infor for the number in your state and fed info may help you with any orther questions about who to contact. I found it EXTREMELY UNUSUAL that the adjuster that I talked to wasn't even familiar with city codes and statutes. Perhaps some of you with similar cases against this company should consider working together on your complaints. Bullies don't like to be bullied back and this company seems to enjoy dividing and conquering. Also, the BBB is another option. Consumer protection-I'd go all the way. I'd go after their business liscense if possible. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

MarcChaz Oct 24, 2012

I wish this wasn't so but this seems to be the norm. I am a 13 yr General Motors employee and have been treated nothing short of a criminal. I have chronic heart problems, 4 yrs ago I had my heart reconstructed yet my problems have returned and I have been prepared for a life long battle. I am the just a statistic and am facing multiple surgeries. My Dr(s) have provided books worth of monthly tests reports and office notes etc AND even gave a return to work date of 2014 at best if not permanent disability. Get this, Sedgwick even reported to my employer I was a voluntary quit until I got the union involved to get this changed and almost a month of terminated health care coverage amiss my treatment etc. This has been nothing short of a nightmare. I've lost everything and this company still manages to find a way monthly to turn what is left of my life completely upside down. I called today and was told payment will be withheld till each surgery so I get paid once a month or every other month at best. I would be more than happy to file suit with anyone willing to tackle this horrible company. We used to have Met-life as our disability admin and I never had this much difficulty. They need to be stopped.

• Re
    readysetgo Jan 20, 2013

Citizens need to ban together and bring forth a class action suit against Sedgwick for the harassment and mental anguish they put on people. There are enough people here that someone has to know someone that has connections with an attorney looking to make a name for themselves. Where do I sign up?
    I recently had back surgery Nov. 8th. At first everything seemed fine the first wave of claims were approved and all was good. Then I went to my second Dr. appointment and it went to( H3LL ). My Doctors office made a slight error by saying that “he has been able to return to work” rather than saying “has not” So Sedgwick denied the claim. When I called they said that I was able to return to work. Even though I have a work slip that says return February 4th 2013. After the dr. corrected that error and sent it to Sedgwick they found something else wrong, just trying to keep from paying. At this point the company I work for, said I had to return to work or it’s a voluntary quit. So in other words Sedgwick was trying to force me back to work against dr. orders and the company would be liable if I were to be hurt, that’s if the company would even let me set foot in the place without a dr. slip, cause the dr. has me off until February 4th 2013. Nothing got done about this, until my union got involved and forced Sedgwick to properly evaluate the circumstances. One of the few good things left, about unions I guess. Although I still have not got a check in three weeks.

• Ba
    barbaraj247 Jan 28, 2013

Has anyone heard of Sedgwick PAYING a claim? Have you ever wondered why you can't locate a physical address for them? Just a P.O. Box? They claim they have called and left numerous messages, but I believe it was just a stall tactic on their part. I feel sorry for people that don't have the know how to fight back. I'm not giving up and I hope you don't either. This company is nothing but a scam.

• Ll
    Lllaann May 19, 2016

I was hit by an Avis car rental, who Sedgwick insures. The party who backed into my car admitted fault as well as 20 witnesses. Sedgwick would not return my calls so after three weeks I had to file on my personal insurance. To date I am out over $2k and their claims adjuster has been incredibly rude the ONE time she returned my call. Almost five weeks later and they still have not paid ONE DIME on my claim, refuse to return calls or acknowledge even receiving information.