Second LifeNo refund

D Review updated:

Second life, The virtual world has several issues dealing with bugs that can cost there paying members money, however thay refuse to resolve these bugs.

On March 3th, I had a accident encounter with bug with the group contributions, resulting in my land tier increase from 40.00 to 75.00.
The account, was to be billed March 7th. This should of given me several business days to contact LL and fix the issue. I contacted Live support within 3 minutes of noticing the problem. Live support was useless telling me to email. Email was sent.

Less then 8 hours into the future my account was billed 75 dollars, on the morning of the 4th.
The 4th I contacted Linden Labs Online help, thay said again to email them - being totally useless as thay have not yet responded to my original e-mail, claiming 1 business day response in the auto reply. The business day of the 5th is over in a hour with no response from them.

I called Linden Labs, they said thay do not give refunds for Land tier charges, that sticks me with a bill for something I never had.
On a 'month' Advertised as 30 days on the account information, while it actually bills at 26 days.

Charlie tabone man Jun 29, 2019

Hi I did the tapjoy for avakin life I did a lot off them and one I did was how smart are you and did not get my coins the other one was the casino game I finished level five im on level 7 now please please give me my coins thank u

Maryyyyy May 30, 2016

Well, LL not only doesn't listen when you have financial problems, they don't seem to care if you are sexually or mentally abused on the site either. I tried to get a person banned for abusing me so bad in RL and SL, but they just told me to file an abuse report, and dismissed me on the phone. This person still runs free on SL, doing this freely as LL will not stop him, meanwhile, I have to go to counseling now because of how damaging this experience was, but they also don't care about that. I was talked over too as I tried to explain what I had been though. I enjoyed the game until this situation became unbearable, because since the sex sims have taken over, sex abuse has become a none issue for Second life. This company should be looked in to for a wide variety of reasons.

• Pi
    pissedalotman Apr 04, 2013

50% OFF!! SECONTROL HOME CONTROL SECURITY SYSTEM v2.45 - BUILDERS EDITION
    one of the rips off in second life

frankjm Apr 29, 2012

If your not an American your double fuggerd dealing with LL as getting phone service realy isnt an option cause its an overseas call and they know that so you get the wait il go see aproach $25 dollars later, they say no one is there at present to deal with your request, that meens to me and others that every one was fired for taking a long lunch breaks, and wont be anyone there till they hire again in the next fisical year, when all the money they have made is shared out amoungst share holders.
    LL's major concern is share holders getting their investment, as the share holders are mainly only about 3 ppl makes me wonder why they dont have better service, not like they dont make money !
    I live in Australia, so whenever there is someone that can do anything is a non event anyhow as time zones meens that they are not in that 9 to 5 mode.
    As a game platform its pretty bad, and new mesh is cra what all to other games have built in, SL was done on the cheap at the get go, and has been for years, for a slaes platform its been done to death and now not worth the trouble of buying or renting land for a area to sell something, and the viewer they instigated turned more away that the bad service, they dont have a clue.
    I tell everyone i come into contact with to write to their local paper and to complain as much as you can to outside sources, as this gets back to LL and then that poke their heads up, like they did with the promise of the meshes "eye candy" that still cost everyone more to make and buy, more money for LL for doing nothing that most games platforms have, its just a module they have made to deal with higher resolution objects that are just going to eat at the bandwidth, , LMAO for them at LL.

thel Apr 29, 2012

bill if your land has adult theme and your marked mature not adult they do that.

• Bi
    Bill Barkster Apr 29, 2012

i can't tell you how many horrific experience i have had with this company, and they can care less.. they will hang up on you, tell you too bad to your face and basically charge your card for no reason in front of your face and blink like nothing happened.

They sold me $1500 of real US money for TIER 5 land, then stripped it of Tier 5 value, stuck me in a ghetto of worthless land, I had beach front property that people would kill for that I had to fight for and pay a lot of chunk by chunk over 2 years.. all to be taken away because of the adult cleanup phase...

Because of that, I sold each block separately for $1L each, logged off and deleted about $3000 worth of bought inventory over the years and live happily ever after..

Let me tell you this.. if you spend 1 penny in this virtual ### land.. you spent 1 penny too much

thel Aug 26, 2011

Another SL Nut that is not correct. if you trademarked the texture YOU OWN the outfit you make from it. the coding is theirs but the concept is yours. They are loyal to you to a extent but sadly not like they used to before the banks took them over.

Another SL Nut Aug 24, 2011

well, take it from someone who has beenn an active member since 2005, Second life owns everything in second life, they own your avatar, the land your paying tiers for, the clothing you design, the buildings you design...they have the right to read any of your conversations wehther they be in open
    or private chat...they can block you without explanation, take all you have and block you from entering
    back into second life. They make the rules...its their world you are only a "visitor". It doesn't make
    any difference how much or how little you spend...they rule what happens and they don't have to answer your questions, reply back to your support tickets...so accept the fact...it's "their" second life!

frank123455555 May 11, 2011

Same old story, , sorry to say that but thats what seems to be, I think they only have about 3 ways to help ppl, and the 3 ways are writter on a big white card like they use at tv stations, 1) the customer is allways wrong 2) see answer 1, 3) see answer 2, don't you like how they make it seem like its all your fault, and all your trying to do is get "help", it would seem to most of all who try to get help thats the last thing on a lindens mind, to actualy help you with a problem that you have, , as they see it, its your problem and that type of help costs money to pay someone to do that type of job, , it's kind of like the last thing that any of them can actual do, maybe they need to do some kind of refresher course to make them human beings again.

I like how any ones content is supposed to be sacred, and a linden has the rights to take your content when its yours, even if its created by someone else, , its yours even if you obtained it freely, ownership does not consist of what a person pays for an object, even if an oject is paid for by some one else, even if an object is offensive, that object should be returned, or at least you the owner should be asked to remove an offense, not have a heavy hand of linden take it away without the benifit of being talked to like an adault.
    If you find your getting crap service from a help line that LL/SL has, record it, as its your conversation with their help center, thats why there there, to help you, if your not getting help that you need to get to activate an account that has money in it, as that money is yours and you need an active account to get that money, then you have recourse to obtain proper help, if you dont get help ask who ever it is to get someone who has a better understanding that their help is neccesary for you to withdraw what money you have in your LL/SL account, or better still tell them you want to put money in it, , lol.

• Do
    doc Iv May 11, 2011

The customer service at second life linden labs sucks. I called them up because I hadn't logged on in over 2 years and forgot my password and the security question answer. The account details were not listed in my email that I got from them when I signed up. When I called up the guy asked me my email address birthday how much money I had in the game and my in game friends names. Well I hadn't played in so long I couldn't remember any of my friends name or how much money I had exactly, but I knew my email address and birthday. I still have access to my email also but that isn't good enough for them.

When I tried to ask him questions he just kept talking and interrupting me when I was speaking, wouldn't let me finish what I was saying. He was acting like I should have known exactly how much money I had in the game. Then he says you can't tell me 3 of your friends names either, and I'm like that's because I'm not really friends with them anymore because I hadn't talked to them in like 3 years.

Every time I tried to interject, he just kept talking and talking like I didn't exist. So I finally told him that he was bad reflection upon Second Life and if he's going to interrupt people when they're talking then its a representation of that company as a whole.

I mean what a crappy diarrhea cesspool for a company. They can't even restore your password when you a. have access to your email with the original activation message and b. you call them up and confirm your birthday

frankjm Feb 26, 2011

There is 1 thing i will say about Linden Labs is their consistancy with saying sorry for not doing a job that they promised to do, and they keep saying their doing all this work to make thing better, to little to late my peace of mind has been shatterd at what i will call a breach of service on their part, I told LL that I waited 6 moths and that if I knew I was not going to get my tickets answered I would have canceld my account 6 months ago and wouldn't have needed to pay for a premium account which was not getting proper service.
    There are other flavours of SL out there on the net if you look hard enough and some are even better than SL to some degree, but all i would say are no SL and falter on some aspects where SL is strong, i now choose to look for greener pastures, but still have an sl base account, i will no longer pay for bad service for a problem that could have been fixed within a week of first posting of the first ticket.

thel Feb 25, 2011

second life sucks, i have heard from a friend about the linden labs support. It seems that since they were bought by a bank their support was shafted [a mistake] and for the past few months has been backlogged. At the moment my friend also told me is that they are training more staff to help with the complaint load that has accurd. what i think is that them not allowing us to contact them directly in world is a problem. 2 of my linden friends were fired probly cause i was chatting with them cause we were friends. but i assure you that they are working hard as they can [which is not hard enough] to get to them all. hell i sent in 7 tickets for items from users who dont have access to my land. but eh im used to waiting for them. as to the baby did you clear your cache? did the item's description say it will vanish after a time?

• Se
    Second Life SUCKS Feb 24, 2011

Second Life Customer Service SUCKS! ****WARNING **** DO NOT GET A PREMIUM ACCOUNT. You are at their mercy, it can take months upon months for them to address any tickets you have submitted, meanwhile if you have any property and cannot sign on to pay the tiers when they are due, you are screwed. Second Life, Linden Lab goes through CEO's. It is THE LOUSIEST CUSTOMER SERVICE & DISORGANIZATION I have ever encountered with any virtual game. YOU WILL lose money with Second Life, join as a basic member and be very careful how many lindens you buy at a time, because at any given moment they can suspend your account and all your property and lindens are not accessible while you wait and wait and wait and wait for an answer that takes months to come as to why they suspended your account to begin with...BEWARE OF SECOND LIFE / LINDEN LABS!

frankjm Feb 07, 2011

I have waited for a please explain for 6 months after i was booted for 24 hrs for a problem that someone had with a sign i had up, LL said that the sign was over 8 meters and that was deemed by their TOS as being to high, i asked to be shown where in the TOS it is that it states that (ie page n# paragraph), as i thought that at least it was there "duty of care" to at least state where in the TOS i was at fault, i looked in the TOS and still trying to find it to no avail, the 24 hr suspension was at the same time that they removed the sign from my building in secondelife, the sign was actually the walls of the building, not only did they take the walls but also the floor as well and some other things that were in the imediate area of the build, i would have thought that the human thing would have been to take care that my content that i had wasnt fooled with to a degree where it was that i started to get messages when i logged in that things were now missing from the data base, i sent a ticket asking them to fix this, which could have been avoided if they had taken some duty of care and let me take the sign away, they need to be held accountable for theft, as it is in their TOS, that they state that content theft will not be tolerated, but by them it seems to be ok because they state it in the TOS, the TOS is wrong, if it violates the rights of consumers and citizens of any country, that the consumers rights are involitle to any TOS, it dont matter what they wish to write in a TOS if it violates consuners rights, which it is that they cant have 1 law for you and another for them even if they have a TOS that catogorically states that they can do what they like, they in fact cant.

• Ga
    gavv8 Jan 03, 2011

I was a resident in second life for over 2, i spent a lot of time effort and money inworld but eventually got sick and tired of the constant issues regarding crashes/spamming/support, i left for 2 months then rejoined briefly with attempts to reinstate my old inventory.
    I submitted 2 tickets and never got a reply to either then phoned customer services who said they would deal with my issues, 3 weeks later and i haven't heard a thing or received any feedback, .
    Second life can crash and burn for all i care, awful organisation and awful customer service.

• On
    onesassycowgirl13 Jun 04, 2009

I can't stand how things are run either. While I wasn't charged near that amount, I paid a decent amount to pay for a "baby" on that game. I had the baby and was able to play with it for 2 minutes (literally) before it vanished. The folder that contained it was still in my inventory, but the child was gone. (She still is) I have complained to Linden Labs as well as the people who created the baby and nothing has been done. A friend of mine purchased a house on there for approx 4000 $L and a week later it was gone. Did Linden Labs do anything? No. They don't take responsibility for how terribly their site is maintained.