Scribdregarding scribd free trial subscription

A

Hi,

On 16th November, I went to Scribd site, and I was offered a free trial subscription for one month. I was asked to put my VISA card details, and it was also assured that nothing will be deducted from my card during the Trial period, provided I cancel the subscription anytime before the expiry of the trial period. Based on the commitment I decided to provide my card details to avail the free subscription. As soon as I submitted the request my card got charged with the full subscription money for one month.

I really feel like got cheated here. If you are charging from the very first month itself, and there is no trial period, then why are you making false commitment to your customers.

I went to the Scribd customer support site and lodged a complaint also. My support ticket number is #1240182. They were supposed to get back with a written revert within one working day.

But I did not receive any revert from their side. This is purely cheating and absolutely unethical from a reputed site like Scribd.

I hope based on this complaint I get my money back.

Regards,
Anirban Sengupta

• Da
    DawnR313 Jun 03, 2019

Everyone that is unhappy with Scribd and feels they have done wrong by us, we need to get together and file a class action suit.

• Ry
    Ryan Reisen Tiongson Cua Sep 09, 2018

Scribd uses an incredibly underhanded tactic to make you think you've cancelled you're subscription. Once you click "End Membership"...guess what it doesn't end there. It'll take you to a page that looks suspiciously like your account home page...except the difference is...that the SECOND (yes, it's not going to finish with this one) "End Membership" button is sneakily placed at the lowest right corner of the page (you gotta scroll down). Finally the last page which AGAIN makes you think you've cancelled has this "complete cancellation" button in some unimportant unbolded and GREEN coloured font (yay! green means good so you won't pay attention and keep the membership).

THIS IS INCREDIBLY UNDERHANDED PAGE DESIGN. IT WORKS (YAY FOR SCRIBD) TO DUPE THEIR SUBSCRIBERS SO I'M NEVER USING SCRIDB AGAIN.

• Sx
    Sxhelo May 17, 2019

@Ryan Reisen Tiongson Cua Hey, thank you for the information.
    After doing this, did they stopped charging you?

• Na
    Natalia Shawn Jul 01, 2018

Hello,

I was charged 8.99$ in my card even after cancelling the membership in my free trial period. I am really upset and frustrated and want my money back as soon as possible. If not provided refund then, I will take legal action since I am attorney myself and have successfully dealt with such situations thousand times.

Khushi

• Na
    Natalia Shawn Jul 01, 2018

@Natalia Shawn Mu ticket number is 1719007.

• Ah
    Ahmad1010 Jul 11, 2018

@Natalia Shawn From last four months scribd is charging me $8.99. When I contacted them at [email protected], they are are not co operating and I had to block my credit card. It seems that scribd is a scam so never give them credit card info at all.