Scribdunauthorized credit card charges

A Review updated:

Hi,

I'm complaining in regards to unauthorized credit card charges since March 2016 to my daughter's debit card. I am extremely frustrated as you have been charging $8.99 a month on my daughter's debit card without my consent for the past 2 years. She had specifically called last year to address this issue and have her account canceled, which we were told it was and were going to receive a full refund as well. However, I just checked her account and found out that we are still being charged even though we do not receive anything from you or use any of your services. I'm requesting a full refund and cancellation following the months since March 2016. My daughter's email which she created her account with is [protected]@gmail.com. I expect to hear from you as soon as possible. You can reach me at [protected]@gmail.com (and I have already emailed [protected]@scribd.com)

• Scribd's response · Nov 03, 2017

Hi Abhey,
    I'm so sorry to hear this! Can you please reply here with your ticket number and we'll address your issue right away!
    -JF

• Updated by achauhan · Nov 03, 2017

Yes, here is the ticket #1502910

• Ka
    Katerina Papazissi Dec 19, 2020

I have just realized scribd has been charging my credit card every month since July for 12, 59 even though I don't have a subscription. I see it is a problem encountered by many here... Please has anyone got any reply?

• Je
    Jesubd Jul 19, 2020

Hi,

I'm complaining in regards to unauthorized credit card charges without my consent berofe I cancel my membership. I had done all you say on your page and send several mails. However, I had been charged even though i do not receive anything from, and I dont have a membership. I'm requesting a full refund and cancellation following the months.
    I expect to hear from you as soon as possible,

Ticket 2808436

• De
    Dean Baker 1234 Jun 06, 2020

I have just realized ScribD have been charging my credit card since March 2020 (3 transactions of $10.99), and I dont have an account with them, so no way of logging in to cancel or dispute. Im gonna contact my bank and try to dispute the transactions, and ban their transaction from coming out of my account. I wonder how many other people in this same situation!

Christian Castro Mar 15, 2020

I've been getting charged for the past 4 months without my consent, I have never signed up for this service. Seems like customer support does not help in resolving the issue saying "we can't find these charges .."

• Lo
    Loida Kelly Aug 28, 2019

I have been charged for 8 months already with this SCRIBD without using their service and it is really weird beacuse you cannot unsubscribe because you have to sign up when infact I have never sign up any account at all!! I am requesting a full refund to my account!

• Da
    DawnR313 Jun 03, 2019

Everyone that is unhappy with Scribd and feels they have done wrong by us, we need to get together and file a class action suite.

• Me
    megan3294 Jun 10, 2019

@DawnR313 I completely agree they charged me even after I took my card info off and I just recently found out they charged me four months in a row after I cancelled before the free trial was up!

• Pu
    putunia May 01, 2019

I'm in the same boat as all the rest. Getting charged for something I NEVER subscribed to!! At least 10 months of charges...it adds up! I expect a FULL REFUND of 10 months at $8.99. I have tried every which way to get a hold of your Company, finally found a way. "PLEASE get my refund back as soon as possible!! I'm retired and don't get much from Social Security as it is...I as well complain to the Ombudsman!! My ticket # 2118858...Expect to hear from someone very soon!!

• Ju
    juju2020 Apr 01, 2019

Can someone immediately respond to my email! Ticket number is 2076342.

You have taken money out of my account on 3 occasions without permission!

I want my money refunded back to me in TOTAL otherwise I will complain to the Ombudsman.

What kind of business are you? stealing off people and have the audacity to ignore emails and not respond!

• Βασίλης Κώτσιας Jan 10, 2019

Same here! Every 2 months, charge of about 8 Euros from Scribd Inc !!!

• Be
    Beto Montalvan Jan 01, 2019

Hi,
    Revising my bank statement, I noticed there are four(4) unauthorized credit card charges made for Scribd Inc. in the following dates:
    Sep 06, 2018
    Oct 06, 2018
    Nov 06, 2018
    Dic 06, 2018
    Although I've never had an account with Scribd Inc. So I think they are a credit card fraudulent transactions made without my permission and authorization as the owner of the credit card.
    Please I request you to inmediately cancel any suscription done with my credit card and kindly ask you to make the refund to my VISA Card.

You can contact me if needed:
    My mail address is [email protected]
    My VISA number ends in *******9865 from Colombia.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Luis

macamibe Jul 05, 2018

Helo!! I subscribed for a free trial on my phone (so I did it through Apple Payments) and forgot to cancel it, so naturally I got charged through apple subscriptions. However, before my free trial ended I tried to log in through my computer and it was really weird because it acted as though I was a new user. The day my trial ended I was also charged TWICE. I wrote to Scribd Support to ask for a refund (since I qualified with the things the website said), however they never answered why I was being charged twice and also said I couldn't be refunded if I had payed through Apple Payments. One month after having payed 2 subscriptions for the same account that I never used, I have been charged ONCE again. And it isn't Apple, because I immediately canceled all my subscriptions. Who is responsible for this? Do I need to go through the trouble of cancelling my debit card and getting a new one? Scribd, please answer

• Bm
    Bminor777 Jun 23, 2018

I also have been getting unauthorised charges for over a year. I just realised it and contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges--which they can only do for the past 100 days.

I had no idea what Squibd was until I researched it after seeing it on my statement. Sometimes I was charged twice on the same card for what I believe to be a monthly subscription service.

I did not join this service, nor do I receive emails from this service. I don't even have an account number that I can reference since I never joined the service and don't know how to cancel the service.

It's high time these negative billing services stop. If you want to offer a 30 day trial to entice customers, do so without a credit card involved. If the subscriber likes the service, then send an email prompting potential customers to join the service.

Having said that. I didn't join Squibd and I have no idea why they would be charging me for so many months on end without my having an account--and charging me double no less

This seems to be a legit business with tens of thousands of users, but I have to wonder if a good portion of these users are unwitting members like me.