Saxon Mortgage ServicesShort Sale Response Time

I am a Realtor working on short sale approval for my client, and not getting a response from Saxon. They have had the entire package of required documents including a fully executed contract since January 28, 2017. This is the second contract Saxon has received on behalf of my client. The first one was denied, and now this one is scheduled to close on March 20th, yet we have no approval from them at all. No communication from them, and they will receive monies from this sale, yet are not doing anything so that we may be able to proceed with closing.

• Ca
    Carol Beck Sep 30, 2008

September mortgage payment was delivered via US Express Mail with confirmation that delivery was made on 9-20-08. I received calls that I was deliquent along with letters saying I was deliquent. Spoke to Saxon three times. On September 30, called them again and at that time I was advised that the payment was posted that morning. In early calls, I was told that the payment showed received at Saxon but was not being posted to my account. On their automated system on September 30, it says my account is past due. The letter that was sent to me had huge fees that were not explained. The payment was due on September 20 with a ten day grace period.

Cheryl Oct 07, 2008

The same thing has happened to me. Yesterday, I emailed all of my state's representatives and President Bush. Today, I got a call from one of our congressmen. They are forwarding my complaint to the Division of Financial Services for immediate consideration. I have also filed a class action lawsuit against them. I was afraid to pursue this at first as I thought there might be hope with this mortgage company. There is not. I have been advised by an attorney, NOT to send them anymore money. Saxon said they are going to foreclose. Well, I am going to fight them with everything I have.

• Ti
    Tim Oct 31, 2008

Saxon is a joke. I have called them so many times to find out my payments and where and when they get applied. During the entire month of October I talked to at least 7 different people with seven diferent stories. Ranging from your account is current to please contact your attorney we can't accept your payments anymore. They also for the last 3 months have over $800 of my money in suspense because I sent in a payment that did not match up to any amount. I am very near being forclosed on. They will not do anything to help me at all. I have a wife and 2 small children on one income.

Sandra Jan 14, 2009

I've been reading these reports for almost a year as I've been waiting for my 'loan modification' to come through. After the same run around and re-sending documents that everyone else here has done, I applied for a mortgage with another bank. I was DELIGHTED to be approved at a much better rate with a mortgage company that actually had a 1) Mortgage Department, 2) Customer Service personnel that - Services Customers! and 3) Integrity.

Time was of the essence. When the closing company for my new and improved mortgage company could not get a pay-off letter from Saxon, my heart sank. My closing co. said 'You call. The customer usually has a better chance of getting in touch with someone'. I said, 'You don't know the company I'm dealing with'.

When I called and got a hold of a 'Customer Service Rep', they congratulated me on the modification that just went through. (I had just received a letter in November denying the modification due to insufficient information in the 200 page package I sent them twice). The modification went through the SAME DAY THE CLOSING COMPANY TRIED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM. Apparently, Saxon realized I still have EQUITY in my home which makes it even better for them to foreclose on.

Anyway, the 'Manager' I spoke to told me that I have a prepayment penalty with Saxon, that Saxon's prepayment penalties run for the duration of the loan. I have a document from New Century, who Saxon bought the loan from that states my prepayment penalty was up in July of 2017. She told me that it didn't matter, they are holding the mortgage and they are different.

I'm in Real Estate and I know this is illegal, my Mortgage Company told me this was illegal and my Attorney told me - this is illegal!!! Furthermore, they aren't even holding the note, I found out my note has been sold to Merchantile Financial and she was blatently lying!! So I said (and I love to do this - wait until they have incriminated themselves and do it at the end) 'oh, BTW, I forgot to tell you, I am recording this conversation for my attorney.' 'Can I have your name and ID no again please?'

I never received the payoff letter in time, I am putting my house up for sale to get out from the clutches of this company. This has been a full time job and the mental stress of dealing with Saxon is debilitating! I mean, it's 3:00 am and I'm spending another sleepless night worried about my mortgage.

Long and short of it, I've sent docs to Attorney, Senator, Local TV Station, President Elect Obama, with copies to Morgan Stanley, Merchantile, & Saxon referencing every name of every person I ever spoke to at that company.

Good Luck to everyone and I look forward to hearing some victory stories!!

Jackie Jan 28, 2009

I have only just begun my battle. I just contacted my Attorney Generals office with the hope that they can assist me in wraping up my loan modification with Saxon. Good luck to you I hope all goes well. Please let me know which avenue was successful for you. All I want to do is get a better rate (not 9.35%) & change the term of my loan from an ARM to a Fixed rate mortgage that I have always had. We were put into this loan by a deceitful mortgage broker (Residential Plus in IL). I just want to fix this & get control of my home again. We have never defaulted & I'm just trying to avoid a disaster in the near future when this ARM resets. Unfortunately, we cannot refinance our home because now there is no equity when there was about a year ago?!?!?? I will not stop fighting this battle. We are honest people being taken advantage of!!

• Ad
    Adriana04 Feb 16, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I have sent a payment the same way I've been sending payments for more than a year: using BillPay from my bank, but they claim they never received it! I have spent numerous hours on the phone with my bank and Saxon trying to send them proof of payment, but their faxes won't receive faxes from my bank (how convenient, huh?), so my bank MAILED them the proof. The next payment I made I decided to use their preferred method of payment: Western Union and paid the fee for that. Guess what? They didn't post that payment either. My account is 46 days past due, the money for 2 payments is out of my bank account. I need help, who can I contact? Obviously, I can't afford to hire a lawyer and sue the crap out of that company. Please, help, if you know any numbers, who to contact...

• Da
    dawniqua Mar 03, 2009

Well let me tell you I am going through hell with them as well. I have exhausted every account I could and so far have not been late with my mortgage however I have applied for a load modification asking for help for just a few months. I sent my information to them 7 times all different ways and they said for 2 months they never received it. Finally I sent it again FEDEX and they said they got it 2 weeks later when it was signed for the next day I sent it. Now since November I have been waiting and have called them atleast 3 times each week and they say they have no status yet. Here it is months later and I have paid it by borrowing money and scraping any way possible and all I ask is for them to help so I won't fall behind and they don't seem to care. They suck in plain english and I would never recommend them to anyone. It is like they want you to fall behind before they even consider helping you. I know what you mean about the sleepless nights it is so stressful and unfair that these places have no consideration at all especially now when the economy is so bad. In the mean time I am doing as you did and trying to get approved from another bank I hope it works out so I ca ram it up their you know what!!!

Johnski4 Mar 19, 2009

I wish that I could say that you are in a fight that you could win. We have been fighting with Saxon Mortgage since February 2017. According to them I am anywhere from 6 - 22 K in arrears, depending on the day of the week and who I am speaking to. I have provided almost 3 years worth of Bank Statements, copies of Cashiers Checks - front and back, and have had an attorney validate that our records are accurate. Saxon has told me that Bank of America "stole" my money and that my statements are wrong. I had a Manager in the Loan Modification Department tell me that "he saw the problem"... I was sending Cancelled Checks! No wonder we arent crediting your payment, the checks are cancelled... I had to explain that they cashed them... This is a Manager in the Saxon Koan Modification Department as recently as February 2017. Such confidence instilling dialogue. I received my 1099 Tax Form for Interest Paid in 2017, it was in the amount of 30K, yet I am not paying my Mortgage. The same was in 2017 and 2017.

Our Property value has dropped significantly and there is no equity. We are on an Interest Only, Adjustable Rate Loan that apparently has a balloon in 3 years that will require payment in full - according to our attorney who has looked over all of our documents. He has also threatened them with a law suit... Saxon does not care.
    We stopped making our almost 3000/mo Mortgage payment in January, as none of our payments were credited in 2017 or 2017, and we need to save to rent a house if we cant modify or do something to save our house. In 2017 our Payment was 1600/mo... on a 300K Loan - the house was worth 400K in Southern California. It is now worth 200K... All that we have asked for is to pay the 300K at a fixed rate that will pay down the loan amount, we arent trying to get out of anything... They wont deal.

• Ha
    harleymamma03 Apr 20, 2009

go to pissedconsumer.com and look at the complaints on that site...all the same as yours...we have to get a class action suit against this company

• Tr
    trey May 18, 2009

i provided them with four contracts. over a two month period. they never responded even after countless phone calls.

have your client look at saxon watch dot com

• Br
    Brenda from NJ Jun 22, 2009

I had the same problems. No responses. Uncooperative.---Brenda from NJ

• Ta
    Tami Rhom Jul 26, 2009

Same problems, I called on 7/17/09 and they told me they had all the documents for the short sale, to call back in a week. Called 7/24/09 they told me they showed no record of a short sale approval in process, no record of even applying for a short sale. NOW I don't know what to do!!

• Mi
    Michelle8574 Oct 14, 2009

I am also in the same situation. I began several months ago in applying for the loan modification and could never get a response from Saxon Mortgage. I sent them everything they needed and made several phone calls a week for my "customer service" rep to call me back. I finally got a hold of her a couple of weeks ago and that is when she told me that I didn't make enough money for the loan modification.
    I went from making 41, 000 a year to 14.00/hr. Now I can't qualify? They blamed everything on the government and used them as a reason as to why I couldn't qualify.
    I have made every single payment on time(using automatic draft) and in 2017 someone at Saxon mortgage stopped my automatic draft but my statements still stated that I was on that. Then they had to the nerve to try and charge me a late fee. They did it again in 2017, when I was in Iraq, and still the statements reflected that I was on automatic draft. I have written my congressman about them and now writing the local TV station. I am so sick of Saxon Mortgage and so desperate to leave them!

ANTIGOVERNMENT Oct 21, 2009

WHY IS NO ONE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SAXON MORTGAGE WHEN IT IS OBVIOUS THEYHAVE SCREWED MANY PEOPLE...COME ON GOVERNMENT START INVESTIGATING AND STOP THIS WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK AND OUR DIGNITY. MY HOME WAS FORECLOSED IN 2017 AND IT WAS A WRONGFUL FORECLOSURE I HAVE WRITTEN TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND GET NO ACTION...I WISH SOMEONE WOULD HELP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE INSTEAD OF THESE BIG COMPANIES

• Na
    Napoleon Banks Mar 31, 2010

The worse mortgage company ever. Owned my home for almost 13 years. Had a big reduction in income. Sent everything they asked for and they kept saying they couldn't understand my checks stubs. They sold my property and I'm really angry cause I spent all this money the last couple of years fighting to save my home. Saxon gave me the run around after I made the three modification payments.

• De
    debbie harris Mar 01, 2011

I have been having the same problems . I have buyers for my home and SAXON won't work with us to get it sold.I think we should hire a lawyer and see what we can do.