Menu
D
Author of the complaint
8:40 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Dionne Perry, I enrolled in classes at Sanford brown July 2013 to Nov. 2013 for Medical Assistant. When I first called the school I takes to my Enrollment counselor Jade Hudgin at the Atlanta, GA. campus which I asked a series of questions regarding the school and the accreditation's. I was told by Ms. Hudgins that the school was regionally and Nationally accredited which was not true. I also told Ms. Hudgins my over all plan was to gain my Medical Assistant license and take my credits to another school for additional schooling in medical. She promised and reinsured me that all my classes will go to another school. I asked her in detail what we would learn in the classes in Medical Assistant because I was on the fence if I wanted to take the Ultrasound class instead. She said she would go over the classes with me when I come in to meet with her which I did the following week.
I met with her at Sanford Brown college in Atlanta, GA. Administration office within that meeting Ms. Hudgins said in the class rooms we would learn to do IV which was untrue as well. She went on and told me other untrue statements regarding what will actually take place in the class room. I asked her for the second time and stated I just wanted to be clear about the accreditation that the school is Regionally and Nationally accredited which I told her that when I looked up the school it said they were not regionally accredited but Nationally and this worried me that not all Colleges would accept credits. She again reinsured me that they gained their Regional accreditation and it was not listed yet.
She then steered me to the Medical Assistant classes which I was truly leaning on the Ultrasound class and she brought in Ms. Strange and further said how the class would bust me in my medical career and get my feet wet and I could go back later for Ultrasound and my Sanford brown credits would be transferred to their classes and lesson my time there.
So I joined up for the school and in my first semester after our 21 days we were able to withdrawal with no charge onto the student the truth started leaking out from the teachers. I was told and other students were told that the accreditation was incorrect and no credits from the school will be accepted anywhere due our classroom structure and time we are in the class and the time the class last. I heard a faculty member tell one of the teacher before he resigned in Oct. that he was telling the students to much information and the extra information given out was not allowed and not for us to know.
I have wrote in three of my semester appraisals lack of accurate information that was given to me and the rest of the students. I have talked to three teacher, one admission administrator, the administrator director twice, and Ms. Strange which she called me today at 2:35 p.m. May 29th. I have called the financial aid department which I have gotten the run around and the head office and received the same. The only answers they have given me was sorry for your experience and Ms. Hudgins is no longer there.

I was fraudulently lied to multiple times and brushed off with nothing done from this school, I do not feel this school should receive any FASFA funds or my Pell grant Funds. They should be looked into for legal matters for fraud and serious lie and deception to gain new student numbers.

More Sanford Brown Institute complaints & reviews

Sanford Brown Institute - rip off school with no accreditation
Sanford Brown Institute - Professionalism
Sanford Brown Institute - Graduation
Sanford Brown Institute - Terrible place
Sanford Brown Institute - suggestion:do not go here.
Sanford Brown Institute - Student loan/never got certificate