Samsungcustomer service

S Review updated:

I am writing the anonymously. I happen to work for the executive customer relations department of samsung. Everyone in these forums is always complaining about how horrible our service is, but they honestly do no know how restricted we are with things we are limited to do within our power. Believe me, i take upwards of 40 - 50 calls a day of people who have time and time again gone through repairs on units, been waiting for callbacks, gotten the run around all the time, and i honestly do feel sorry for people when they call us. But there are several things you have to realize when you call us.
1. We work in a 3rd party call center. Samsung's name is not on my paychecks. We represent their products, but do not work for them. And there are a few different buildings that have executive relations department agents in them. So just because you get ahold of a "craig" one day or a "barbara" the next day means that we know who that person is, because sometimes we don't. I know personally unless i know the specific agent who was in the file previously and i know how they work, i don't trust much of what is typed in a file. I always try to verify my own research to assist people.
2. When you call 1 - 800 samsung, the call goes to our general service level agents. They do not have the ability on their level to extend warranties, or handle anything other than repairs, and personally, some of them do not even have the brain capacity to do that right. I spend many hours of my days trying to correct files that have gotten " escalated" to my department. So please, if you are sent up to ecr, we are trying to help you. . (Or at least i try to) .
3. When you call 1800 samsung, and request a supervisor, if it is the normal day time operating hours for our dept between 9 am and 7pm eastern time, you will be transferred to the ecr dept. We are not supervisors, we are agents that handle requests for escalations. And we do in most cases have the authority to help someone depending on the situation. If you call during a time of the day, or on the weekend when our dept is not open, the service agent will make a voc file (3000) which goes into the general ecr queue. Please realize, on a day to day basis there can be as many as 1000 files put into that queue. And there are only 2 agents in my dept, in my building that go through those files. So, your best bet is, trying to call us during normal operating hours if you want to speak to someone.
4. People have to realize, that if we went through and extended everyone's warranty to cover repairs, samsung would be a bankrupt company. Ecr is certainly within our ability to extend warranties for people who are slightly out (I. E. 90 days) , or for those that have had multiple repairs (I. E. At least one previously within that last 6 - 12 months) . So please, if you call up to us, and you are 3 years out of warranty, and have never had the unit repaired, spare us your cursing at us. We are not the ones who made the policies, we just enforce them, we are the messengers. If i had the authority, i would gladly cover a repair for you, but in that case, it could be my job, and i don't need to be unemployed.
5. Yes, we do get scored on call quality and call times. I don't like rushing people off the phone, but my job quality depends on it. So if i am being brief with you, its not bc i don't care, or im being rude. It's because that if i don't meet the average handle time for my calls, that could also be my job. So please, bare with us.
6. If you have contacted samsung within the past month, you may have been made aware that we have been having severe computer issues. That reason being, we upgraded to a new system, and believe me, that agents you are speaking to are just as frustrated as you. We had very little training on this upgraded system, and most of us, including myself had our hitches along the way. That being said, the waiting times to get through to our department have drastically increased. You usually didnt have to wait more than 5 mins to get through, and i know this bc we have a system up at all times that show how many calls are waiting and for how long. Now the waiting times can be as long as up to 20 minutes. All agents are trying to get to the cx's as quickly as possible. So please, when you get on the phone, we know how frustrated you are. . . We are almost at times feeling the same way.
7. We know how bad some of our servicing centers are that service such things at blue ray players. . Believe me. Time and time again i get calls about how people received units back damaged, or they have been waiting a month, or the service center lost their unit. Believe me, we know. And i sit there and wonder most days why samsung still continues to use their services after so many complaints. But, once again. . We don't make the contracts, we are just the messengers. . . Don't take it out on us. . . Those who call us up and are nice to me. . Tend to get alot further.
8. Don't get on the phone and start demanding this and demanding that, and being all over rude. I pride myself on my very very small number of supervisor calls, bc i am for the most part a very level headed person, and i know my job inside and out. I do know how to talk appropriately to people, and if you treat me with the same respect that i give you as soon as we get on a call, i can guarantee, i can most likely assist you within that time, no supervisor needed. Not everyone in my department can say that, but not everyone has a 92% call quality either. So please be kind to your ecr agent. It will get you alot further.
9. We know about all the problems with our units. . . Especially dlp tv's. And i get just as frustrated as you when i get a call from someone who is 2 years out of warranty, with a dlp and it has completely broken, isnt turning on. . . And has been diagnosed as needing a new light engine from a service center. . That is not a cheap repair. . . And my department is not authorized to assist. We know about all the problems with these units,. . I deal with them all day, everyday. But until samsung decides to make a recall on them. . . We have to keep making people angry, and yes. . . It does suck. But if you are having a dark vertical band running down either the left or right side of your dlp unit and it was made 2 or more years ago. . . Give samsung a call. It may be a light tunnel issue, and we are doing free of charge repair for those.
10. If you are out of warranty, do yourself a favor and avoid the lower level tiers. They can't help you. Call [protected] to go to ecr. And please. . Please. . . Please. . . Before you call us, find a copy of your receipt!!! And when you have an agent on the phone, ask them the steps of uploading it on the samsung website. . . That is the quickest way for us to view it. . Because if we don't have your receipt, we go off of the date the unit was manufactured (Which populates by the serial number) . Samsung does not keep track of serial numbers and where they were sold. We do not have that info in our system. So the only way to verify your warranty terms are with your receipt! Keep them for everything you buy! And if you already have a service file set up, you can upload your receipt to us in a quick easy step. Scan it into your computer and save it as an image file. Go to www. Samsung.com and go to support. Under support you will find repair self tracking. Click on it and go to the page. Choose option 1 to enter in your transaction number (Which will be either a 3000 or 400 number) and your phone number you provided us when you called. Click continue. This take you to the file. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click upload purchase receipt. Browse your computer for the file and hit attach. There you go, its send to samsung.

> ok, i hope this blog helps some people. We are not the bad guys, simply the messengers. Please consider that the next time you call us. .

• Fr
    frustrated Mar 16, 2009

We purchased a Samsung 50 inch plasma tv in October/08. AT the beginning of January/09 we started getting black horizontal lines across it along the bottom. We called Samsung and they sent out a repair tech for our area. Two months passed and nothing was done...and our tv now had approx 50 lines moving all the way up to the top of the tv. We called Samsung and the customer service rep was very rude to say the least. We were told that the repair company that was to fix our tv went out of business and they (Samsung) must have lost our work order so there was no way of getting a hold of us. We are now waiting for more parts because everything has to be replaced. We have been told the only thing that will be left original is the frame and the stand. HOWEVER, we are still waiting for parts. THREE months later, Samsung has advised they will replace our TV with a 2009 model; however, they will not return our phone calls.

• My phone has not been used for some time now because it won't charge. I have sent a complaint to Centennial concerning this matter so that they can send you an activity log as to my usage of the phone which came from your company. I have had photos on this phone for some time and would like to have them downloaded but I am UNABLE to do this BECAUSE YOUR PHONE IS UNCHARGEABLE. My phone number is 260-466-4608 and is under the name Diane Smith since I am her son and live with her. I realize that she needs to send in this complaint but I am doing it for her with her permission to do so. The phone has not been able to charge for 20 months.

• Dw
    Dwibar Debbarma Sep 30, 2009

Sir/Madam,

i have purchase a samsung DVD writer in october 2007. now few days ago i facing problem with that, when i power on my pc the cd drive automatically eject and load continuously, then i i tried to stop it by holding its cover for few seconds, after this operation now it did not responding, i collect a eject pin and use to open it, it opend and i load a disk to see is the ROM working or not, i found its working, but unable to eject. in our state the samsung service center is not working properly and they are taking time for services. please help me.

thanks.

• Ro
    Rootb1 May 26, 2011

Two major failings within 6 months. Netbook purchased for Christmas, faulty within 2 days. Stupidly allowed Samsung to repair instead of returning to store for a refund. No netbook for 2 months, numerous phone calls, failed deliveries, visits to courier depot. Samsung even tried to claim it was owner negligence. Eventually got it back repaired. Raised complaint with Samsung 'Exec Office'. They didn't even bother to call back.
    Washer/Dryer lasted 6 months. Called Samsung Service Centre. Engineer arranged. Took day off work - no call. After making phone calls for 2 hours found engineer coming from 60 miles away but doing the call at the end of his appointments around 1800 hours. Lost a days wages for nothing and may need to lose another day for the actual repair. Called Samsung Exec Office (Janet again) and apparently I am unlucky. She can't understand why i'm unhappy as the engineer will be there later!!!
    I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG EVER AGAIN. I appreciate that products fail but there repairs service is diabolical and they treat their customers like ****. I also reported them to Trading Standards who are not only very helpful, but will also collate complaints and take action if needed.

• Mo
    Moxie121 Jan 06, 2017

@Rootb1 Speaking of Christmas. Samsung is the Grinch who Stole Christmas in our home. I bought my wife a Gear 2 Samsung watch in late November, and she did not open until Christmas, missing the 30 window for returns. The watch is a great item, I have one myself, but not her cup of tea. Anyway, I have spent hours on the phone, getting the runaround, speaking with folks I could barely understand, and basically Samsung is holding rigidly to its return policy, even though it is an extenuating circumstance and Christmas. Bah Humbug Samsung!

• Ab
    Abass Fadhel Nov 25, 2012

I have purchased Galaxy S3 recently and it was defected from the factory. I used it only for 2 days.I was advised to take it to Samsung workshop here in Kuwait. It took one week for diagnostics and after another week of several telephone conversations with technical support Kuwait and Dubai, to announce me that it is repaired. Do you think that is normal to wait for 2 weeks to fix it? It is not acceptable to pay 180KD and to have it opened and repaired being brand new. The correct action is to replace the device immediately! Is Samsung Scrooge?
    I am very disappointed with the service.

• Je
    Jeff rey Wood Dec 03, 2012

I bought Samsung Notebook for my daughter in November 2011 in October 2012 it was not charging and the jack plug had disintegrated. It was repaired under warranty by Digicare of Telford. Within 3 weeks the same fault occurred the new parts were under a 90 day warranty and the machine was still within original warranty. Samsung refused to repair under warranty and wanted £390 to fix. Alternatively the machine could be returned unrepaired for £26!!! Appalling service - will never buy Samsung again.

• Mi
    Mitch Viker Mar 16, 2013

Warranty on products are becoming a SCAM.
    It's demise and recognition are beginning publication as "SCAMSUNG".
    Samsung products reflect a symbolism that their employees are "minimum wage" and ...whatever but investors will eventually see.
    We (and I) believe and trust production but what is happening? Restructuring, corporate decisions, hidden agenda?
    Hmmmmmm... take my advise, control the future (#1). Personally I'd "FIRE" the employees I've spoke with but that my business. Just think about it, please.
    My family, business and friends simply want honesty. and we will stay loyal customers.

• Zl
    Zlatka Ormanova Aug 06, 2013

I am also disappointed at the service and the explanations given at the workshops. My mobile is purchased in Kuwait at the price of 189 KD; After 6 months of use started the problems: time of battery charging, usually 50 % - about 10 hours or more. To manage the problem sometimes I take out the battery and fix it again. Is it normal to work like this?
    Stopping work when reading a book and after certain time switching on starting from the first page;
    It does not work properly in Austria- Europe?! At the workshop officially appointed as Samsung representative in Vienna even refused to check the device motivating themselves that it is purchased out of Austria.
    Complaining in the workshop in Kuwait I was told that there is no international warranty. Why I was told that it has 1 year international warranty when purchasing it in Kuwait? I think that it is correct to replace such devices immediately - it is not a cheap toy.
    Advice please what actions are to be taken.

• Na
    NateW Aug 29, 2013

The receipt policy is stupid. I own a Samsung laptop that was given to me at Christmas, thus I have no receipt. Am I therefore not entitled to warranty service because I don't possess a receipt? I know the warranty is for a year and this has been less than a year. I can't even get past the online support page without uploading one, and Samsung isn't bright enough to at least put an option of not having the thing. It's idiotic, and honestly, their whole support page is clunky and not the easiest thing to navigate.

• Ba
    BATATAT Sep 14, 2013

I bought a SAMSUNG D6000 LED 60inches on November 2011, and less than 19 months after it just stopped working completely. Service technician said it is not repairable. I called Samsung customer service, and they said they can't help after a year from purchasing the unit. So, if you are buying a Samsung be prepared to spend more money after a year f purchasing it. No incentives or support is provided by Samsung.

• Al
    Aleksand Nov 14, 2013

Samsung makes bad design fridges and then, when it breaks, sell additional parts to fix that. I think it is their way to make more money. I have fridge with drain frost initially made shorter ( all fridges with bottom freezer have that problem ), and then, when leaking happens, they sell extended drain frost for 150$ to fix that. Usually it happens when warranty expires because ice builds up around that shorter piece for months, and when it happens Samsung has a piece of slightly longer pipe to fix that. Easy way to make money. Why, you guys, initially did not install that longer piece of drain in your fridge ? It looks very suspicious.

• Re
    Renee Blanchard Wolak Jun 13, 2018

@Aleksand I have had the same if not very similar issue with my Samsung fridge and it had an issue within the first year of owning it. I bought it in 2014, have placed numerous calls for the same issue, needed to pay for a couple of the visits, they have since paid for the remainder of the visits. The whole back of my fridge fills up with ice and pops through the air vents causing the fridge to not work properly. I have obviously received a lemon and want a replacement and whenever I ask for a Manager to speak with, they hang up on me. Well they say they are transferring me to their Manager and never gets connected. This is by far the WORST customer service I have ever received and will NEVER buy another Samsung product...mind you I have a phone, laptop, tv, stove, microwave and this piece of crap fridge. Awful...just awful.

not exactly delighted Nov 19, 2013

I bought a Samsung Ultrabook a year ago. After a couple of days a 2 inch band of interference began appearign on the screen. It got so bad that the laptop became unusable quite quicky. Put it in under warranty and the technicians fix the machine. Then discover when I get the computer back that c. 30 % of the time when accessing the web, that none of the formatting comes up on the web page so I end up at rows of text.
    IToday I was going to buy a new Samsung S4. After reading the news of the samsung software download problems this morning i've decided to go buy an HTC ONE. Sometimes companies get too big and too arrogant. Everything I read above (particularly from the companies own CS employee) just confirms it.

SAMSUNG SUCKS Jan 02, 2014

SAMSUNG PHONE SUCKS. I have bought my phone 2 months and I have to send my phone to service centre 7 times. There is no other solution the technician do. They will only format the phone. NO point of formatting the phone. Its wasting my time and I have to take leave and send the phone and I am not using the phone. How can I work. Its a new phone samsung galaxy note 3. Even then the technician have change the parts inside the phoe become worst. HANG, HOT, AUTO SHUT POWER, BLUETOOTH NOT WORKING.
    Anyone planning to buy samsung phone, please don't buy. You have to go thru a lot of in and out to the service centre.

• Ca
    car123 Apr 10, 2014

Samsung ECR lies! I bought a washer a year ago and had a Samsung repairman come out one month after the purchase for an issue where the machine was making an awful noise. Repairman came out and said nothing was wrong and that is what Samsung washers do. Lived with it for a year now and we are 3 months past the one year warranty and now it sounds like a jet engine taking off. Samsung repairman came out again and told me this issue was from the day it was built and Samsung should cover it since it should not happen until the machine is 10 years old. Called ECR and first time they lost the paperwork I faxed. Second time a woman told me she was authorizing the repair and would email me immediately. Heard nothing. Called back today and now they have no record of anyone authorizing the repair. All they will do is cover the part, not the service. So...one year with a machine that sounds like a jet engine is taking off and I have a $400 bill for a part that was defective from the get go. ECR is useless, incompetent and lied. Thanks for nothing Samsung. Will never buy their product again.

• Dr
    dr.B.C.pavan kumar singh Apr 21, 2014

I purchased samsung 1.5 tonn AC.I requested for paid service through customer care .The service person came and cleaned indoor unit without checking outdoor unit which is at easy accessible site.I have llyod, panasonic and carrier Ac for which they check outdoor unit condensor coil and cleaned with blower.when i informed same To customer care they told me no need of it and told to dismantle it.when i asked to lodge complaint about it they told that they will sent person.what a headache that the customer should know about outdoor unit otherwise they fool us.Pls Customet while asking about service pls tell for both units becoz these people are not like other company ServiCe men as they do as routine service .

• Rh
    Rhishikesh May 17, 2014

Just now I had chat with your customer care senior official.
    He completely denies considering the matter for the panel issue for the product
    of my tv which cost me Rs.41902/- as expected. As I told you earlier I don’t have
    any other option than to replace it for whatever cost company demands and sell
    of the product and to go for some other good brand in the market but you taught
    me a lesson to always go for sony which I used to do in the past.

Complaint No. 4173914599

Conatact 09820980748

• La
    Larry Cloud May 30, 2014

I am taking the time to write this review because every time I see a Samsung TV commercial I think to myself I sure hope they make a better TV then the one I bought. I purchased a un65c8000 and I waited for almost a year, built my entertainment center to make my new TV look good in my living room. I was so happy when it finely came knowing that I was going to have a new TV that was supposed to be the flag ship for Samsung. I had purchased Samsung products before and I knew I would be happy with my purchase, boy was I disappointed. I installed my TV turned it on and there were dark out lines that ran horizontally in the center and on both sides. I called Samsung and they sent out a repairman and what he told me was pretty upsetting. He told me that there was nothing he could do because Samsung had cut corners and used inferior back lighting and there was nothing he could do about it. So I sure hope that if you buy a new TV make sure you see it working before you take it home. I see that the reason why it took so long to get my TV, Samsung had canceled making the TV so no one else would have to put up with poor quality. So bottom line it looks like Samsung got one over on me and I will think twice about buying another Samsung product...Signed ...Dissatisfied

• Pa
    Paul Lawrence Jun 07, 2014

There are customer responsive companies, and there are those
    who are not – Samsung is not. I bought a smart from TV from them early this
    afternoon, got it home, and found that the screws didn’t fit the stand. I rang
    Samsung who told me they could send me some new screws in the post, though they
    couldn’t be sure they would fit. The customer service phone person couldn’t
    tell me what would happen next if they didn’t fit, so I declined the offer and requested
    she arrange for someone to come and make sure they had the right screws. She
    did her best to fob me off onto the retailer, but in the end agreed to ring the
    retailer herself to see if they could
    send someone out, since she knew they had technicians. She rang back to say the
    retailer couldn’t send someone out (at all) so all she could so was send me
    some screws in the post. I suggested that Samsung
    sent someone out – since there was a big advert for an installation service in
    the packaging material. She said they couldn’t possibly do that without
    charging me. I asked her then to ring the retailer to see if they could come
    and pick up the TV and give me a refund, which she said she would do. Two hours
    later – nothing, so I rang again only to find out she had gone without making
    the call. Her supervisor was very apologetic and told me several times how much
    he understood (which she also did a lot too). He tried ringing the retailer,
    but they had closed for the (long) weekend. He said there was no other action
    he could take without talking to someone first, but there would be none
    available until after the long weekend. He couldn’t take a decision himself because
    that would be outside ‘policy’. So now I’ll take the TV back tomorrow and get a
    refund – because Samsung’s customer facing staff have no authority to do
    anything other than apologise profusely and tell me how much they understand.
    So instead of Samsung sending someone out with the right screws, the retailer
    will have to send the TV back to Samsung to be repackaged. I just hope for the
    next poor sod’s sake they package it up with the right screws. Good grief. Half
    a day down the tubes and back to the shops tomorrow ... thanks guys ...

• Sc
    Scads am Jun 07, 2014

Would never buy another product from samsung tv is 2 years old and the background noise is drowning out the speech on some programmes and can't get any help

• Fr
    Friedflubber Jun 18, 2014

I smell another Class-Action Lawsuit.

SAMSUNG CARES - REALLY???

I purchased a Samsung television in November 2013 for my son's Christmas present.

The television immediately started to have issues with turning on and off by itself. Turn on..turn off..turn on..turn off. Great Christmas gift!!

Initially, I attempted to return the TV to the company that sold it to me because I was within the 30 days. Guess what ?? They refused to take it back. I was told "It’s not our problem", contact the TV manufacturer.

After going round and round with this company and their rude phone reps, I contacted Samsung.

January 2014 - Samsung sent a service technician to repair the tv. The technician replaced the defective part, but before he left the house...BOOM.. television turned off and would not turn back on. Luckily, the technician had a spare in his van and replaced the part a second time.

This "band-aid" repair held for approximately 5 months, which brings me to this date and time. As of this writing, the TV will not turn on.

Hmmm, I wish my monthly payment would turn off.

I called Samsung and spoke with their Executive Customer Relations Department (ECR). They are very professional people - BUT they refuse to replace the defective television. According to Samsung’s ECR Dept., the television must undergo another repair before they can discuss other options.

Read the warranty "The Samsung brand product is warranted by Samsung against manufacturing defects" . "Samsung will repair or replace this product, at our option and at no charge".

IF SAMSUNG CARES, why are they putting me, a consumer through so much stress and anxiety? I am paying every month for a defective TV, and my time is valuable( calling, faxing, emailing).

Wow! At No Charge..Really?

I believe there is a huge cost for this stress being caused by Samsung & therefore their warranty statement "at no charge" is BOGUS.

Another hoop to jump through - One would think, Samsung has all documents etc. from previous repair. Wrong! Get this, according to Samsung's customer service "you have an old and outdated TV, our records indicate it is no longer under warranty". I had to fax and email the purchase receipt twice because they claimed the fax was not received.

Basically, Samsung is applying band-aids to an open wound, buying time for the warranty to expire, then it is no longer their headache to deal with.

I paid $799.99 + interest for this television and Samsung should replace it.

It is DEFECTIVE!!!

• Ba
    babla Jul 27, 2014

Samsung - Good Marketing Company - Worst Product Company . I did a mistake of my life and purchased 46" 8000 Series 3D Smart TV 1 year and 11 months ago in Dubai. Within 9 month got Bright Line on Screen, Inside Panel replaced under warranty. Now after 14 months again the same vertical bright line has re-appeared. Product Cost $2.5K and i thought purchasing a high end product will be good for atleast 4~5 Year. Now to replace the Panel again Out of Warranty if out of Question as there is no guarantee that after 9 months again i will be sitting with a Bright Line again. So rather than investing again and again on same product, its better to send the unit to CEO of Samsung as a Gift for him to carry out Yearly recurring repairs.
    Samsung Strategy is simple, poor quality Panels use in high End Product and make customer pay yearly for their Panels as the product does not survive more than a year. Only message to all members is to Stop buying Samsung TV, we are just getting into marketing Trap. Be smart and avoid spending hard earned money on Samsung Poor quality product.Model – UA 46ES8000 S/N – ZW153MRC500001M

• Te
    ten r Aug 07, 2014

if Samsung can't handle SAMSUNG product, be it 1 day or 10 years, Samsung has to proof that their product is reliable and not died after 1 year and 1 day, closed down Samsung or resign if you can't handle. don't give ### reason.

• Jw
    JW Bland Oct 02, 2014

Eight months ago I purchased a large capacity Smart Samsung electric washer and dryer. This fit our needs for an active family of fours' lifestyle, because we have to launder our work / gym clothes and sports uniforms at least 4 times a week.
    Two weeks ago the dryer stopped tumbling, thus not drying our clothes. So, I contacted the Samsung customer service, as per my users manual instructions. They put me in touch with a local Samsung authorized service provider. However, this provider took a week to come out to my home to service my dryer. The repairs were not able to be made at that time, because he has to order a blower wheel. I was told that the part would take 7 days to come in from Samsung, then due to their busy schedule, another 8-10 days for the repair tech to come back and install it. However, they say if Samsung would ship the part overnight, they could immediately fit in their schedule to send the repair tech to my home in a day.
    So I called Samsung customer service to inquire. After explaining my situation to 3 different people, I was told that Samsung can not take requests to expedite parts for customers. I would just have to wait the full 7 days for my part to arrive.

A simple act of consideration from Samsung would go a long way to mend my opinion of their product and after sale customer service.

Keep in mind as you read this that;
    I did not have to choose a Samsung product. But I spent extra money on this particular washer and dryer set because your advertisements fooled me to believe I was paying for a quality product.
    Now with only 8 months of use and an inexcusably excessive wait time for warranty repair; your product is inconveniencing my family by disrupting our normal routines. And costing us valuable time and money to travel away from home to dry our clothes.
    It would only take one simple expedited package from you to restore the sanity in my household.

(Part order number: 117.490.3921)

• Te
    ten r Oct 03, 2014

Is this another cut and paste Samsung ###, leave that sick company.

• 1k
    1kitkat Oct 06, 2014

I purchased a Samsung French Door fridge. This is an attractive appliance and very expensive. It was delivered in Sept 2013. In Sept 2014, my partner noticed two hairline cracks and another very large crack halfway on the right side of frame attached to the glass shelf above the crisper drawer. Blatantly obvious there is a design flaw. This fridge is designed to only allow "tall" basic refrigerated items in one spot...right side on the glass shelf above the crisper drawer.
    My purchase was made via capital one Mastercard which provides an additional year of warranty.
    Samsung is denying any wrong doing claiming I damaged the fridge and the part is not under warranty.
    I've spent much of my time and energy during the past two weeks, with emails, faxes taking pictures, and lengthy conversations with many at so called Samsung Customer Service representatives to resolve this situation and hold Samsung accountable for their design flaw. Two weeks of my own time with no resolve. This is an unreasonable Company who does value customer satisfaction, especially with a flawed product/defect. Bottom line? Samsung refuses to take responsibility. Never again.

Ann M! Oct 19, 2014

I would like to know if samsung is going to make another phone like the intensity 3? I Really dislike the smart phones don't like touch screens either. I don't like that all the phone company's are forcing customers to go to smart phones and would appreciate to see new basic phones for people who do not want the STUPID SMART PHONES!!! I would hope you take this complaint seriously!!!

• We
    wendy wong Oct 27, 2014

so upsad Samsung smart service ,i don't know Samsung manager how to training Samsung staff ?when i go to Oxford street Samsung store all the staff look like dead body no feeling no customer services tell you what can i help to you :-[ so when i ask one staff my camera can't open is failed can't take picture he just said one word go to queue waiting to repair !so i queue nearly 45min then i show my phone and tell the porblem ,the staff didn't ask me where i bought and didn't check clearly just said ok he know what happen ,then he tell me he want sent to repair store and first you have save all important things in the computer or SD card so i choose save in SD card so i try save all the things quickly in store to my SD card after i use half hour instore all then waiting thier free ,then he check my Imei : 353726/06/651242/0 he said oh you phone is out board not in UK we're can't repair to you here . i ask why you not ask me before ?he said give me other number to check Samsung customer services ask thier what thier can do to me ? I'm so confused I'm calling this number 03307267864 before i come. really i can't believe Samsung want to compare to Apple how impassable ?? i just buy my few month only and oversea Samsung staff thier promise said the warranty is international to cover it . unfortunately UK Samsung store thier can't fixt cuz thier said is different sort ware !:-[ same phone different sortware my god is so funny joke ,the mean Samsung phone make in china sortware more update than here ? anyway my reference is 2117747303 hopefully can tell me what can i do now ?

• Gi
    GioPal Dec 01, 2014

I followed all the steps outlined above. Nonsense! If Samsung had better products they wouldn't have to extend warranties. I'm out $1200 dollars, I'm finding out that there products are junk.

Our Samsung washer is 3 years old and it rusted out completely on the interior rendering it a total loss including all the structural components . Called Executive Customer Care got the typical scripted responses telling us it's a cosmetic issue and I should consider repairing it, even though the cost exceeds the original price of the machine! 3 Years old and the machine is a total loss, it's disheartening since I own so many of their products. THREE YEARS!! Samsung should be ashamed for selling inferior products and from what I'm finding out they are very aware of the issue. Call customer care? Good luck... Sure they may look good on the outside, the inside a different story. Don't bother with the extended warranty because this issue is not covered.

AnupGupta23952 Dec 13, 2014

Samsung has the Worst Delivery Service I Ever seen !!!
    I have placed an order (Order# 9658828136) for a Samsung 55' TV on 11/23/2014 from Louisville, KY, USA. I am writing this on 12/12/2014 and the order still not delivered. They use the worst Shipping company (AGS). I dont understand why samsung is taking around 1 month to deliver a product which other retailers (walmart, best buy, target etc. ) can deliver within 2-3 days. my neighbor bought the same TV from walmart on 11/28 and it was delivered on 11/30.
    Samsung - please respond what take you 1 month to deliver the same product? and how you will compensate this delay in delivery to the consumer.
    Never going to buy anything from Samsung.com.

• Si
    SILVANA PERRI Feb 21, 2015

i have just read the above complaints and believe that Samsung has a major problem when dealing with customer complaints. I purchased a LED TV in 2009 with a 5 year warranty and because I live in Mudgeeraba QLD i also have to have satellite connection, namely VAST I started having problems with my TV in 2013 and contacted VAST who sent out a repairman 3 times but could never find the problem (in the interim I had a mother and father who were elderly and quite sick so my priorities were with them first). I could not believe that the problem was with the TV as it was a very expensive TV (namely $3, 926.00 plus $999 for a Blu-Ray DVD player that incidentally never worked from Day 1 TOTAL PACKAGE: $5, 000). My father passed away in 2012 and my mother in 2014. I then realised that the problem was with the TV (knowing that I was out of warranty) I contacted Samsung and they sent out a repairman out of kindness so they said, This repairman told me that the the TV needed an OTA Panel replacement (which means a new screen) I was flabbergasted but to my surprise he also checked the DVD player and said this was faulty too. I could not believe my luck. This company not only sold me a faulty TV and a DVD player too. I am continuing this claim and have now contacted ACCC as I believe big companies should not be allowed to rip off little people.

• To
    Tony Mcbride Apr 02, 2015

I have contacted samsung for over a year now to fix my Samsung Ln46 serie 6 650 tv and i get the run around every time. My tv shuts on and off and i have to unplug it for about 3 hours to get it back working again and now i have rainbow lines in the tv picture. And all of my calls and messages with samsung have been recorded for my records but now im tired and i think a lawyer and going to the media is what i have to do before this tv burn my house down and injure someone. So please fix or replace my tv to save us both some time.

• Cr
    Cruzenman Apr 23, 2015

I have a Samsung LCD television. For about a year it has been cycling on and off. At first it would do this just a few times for a few seconds before finally staying on. It has become more persistent, cycling off for as long as 3 minutes before turning back on and doing this multiple times. I googled the issue and found that this is a known problem with many Samsung televisions due to a defective capacitor. I called their Customer Service department and was told that they were fixing the problem but have since stopped covering repairs. I requested an exception and, although the agent was very difficult to understand, it seemed clear to me after a five minute hold that he spoke with a supervisor and they would "accommodate" me. He created a ticket number and transferred me to Executive Customer Relations. At this point I was told that they were offering complimentary repairs for 18 months but will no longer cover the cost of repairs. I am very disappointed with Samsung and would absolutely never purchase any product of theirs if they do not change their decision. If this were not a know issue I would not expect them to offer a repair out of warranty, but because this is a problem solely to do inferior parts I believe they have a moral obligation to fix the problem.

not a fan of samsung Jul 19, 2015

I bought a Note 3 and 6 months later the charger went out. Called Customer Service and they went through a rigor of questions which resulted in not getting anything.
    Called the second time went through the pylthoria of questioning and got to an RMA number with scant instructions on what to do next but did get a Shipping Label (no charge). Sent it in and 2 months later nothing was sent.
    Called again on this RMA and they were inflexible stating the issue was resolved ticket closed but still no charger.
    I called again asked for a supervisor... the call was dropped.
    Called again and logged a completely new ticket and requested a replacement charger under warranty ... it went well (looked hopeful). 6 weeks later I got a new cord. My problem was the charger not the cord.
    I called again now that I am getting pretty good at answering the barrage of questions... and found my warranty has expired... so I believe the tactic is to keep pushing off resolution until the warranty expires... how about them apples. They are the worst.

Jaweria Aug 12, 2015

Poor battery life of Samsung S6 Edge
    I bought the samsung S6 Edge two days before, I completely charged it before using, even though i have not used it much but its battery is continuously draining, I am TOO MUCH DISAPPOINTED!! I bought it cuz I thought that it would be the best but unfortunately is not..I don't know what to do now..I paid 79000 PKR and its battery life is even poor than my another mobile that I bought of only 7000 PKR...
    If there is any solution for extending and improving its battery life then Please Do TELL ME...Its battery also drains when it is not being used..

• Mi
    Mitch Mitchell Aug 28, 2015

I'm so saddened by Samsung. I have no idea how to get my complaint in front of someone who matters. Here is an email I sent. My TV is almost TWO months old at this point...

Samsung is in the process of letting me down. Having been a long time customer and enjoying the many products over the years, I can say that with some clarity that I feel like I’m about to become one of those customers they let go and let down. While it’s true Best Buy has some hand in this, Samsung is the ultimate looser in this situation.
    On July 2nd I purchased a 65” Inch Curved TV from Best Buy online to add to my new movie and game Room. I’d been eyeing the curved TVs for some time and having already owned three other Samsung TV’s was pretty confident this was what I wanted after several display demos. I purchased online and it was ready for in store pick up on the 5th. I got the unit home and did not unpack it for a few days since the entertainment center hardware that would display the TV still had to be built. A week later after my center was setup, unboxing and setup was a snap. I’m familiar with Samsung products and am not shy to assembly. Using the unit was great, bright beautiful colors, interesting design and a cool interface. I have an Xbox One and Apple TV connected and enjoyed most content. When it came to Dark content however, I noticed some irregularities. The screen had noticeable white clouds in the upper and lower right sides of the screen. The bottom right was more profound because it ran from right to left in a diagonal. I contacted the local BestBuy store and they explained this is normal with these types of TVs and the clouds would disappear after some time of use. I had no reason to not believe them and waited. A little over a week later the clouds were still present so I contacted Best Buy again to request something be done. Best Buy support explained however that I was 2 days over the warranty timeline and that my return or in store help was no longer an option. Best Buy, you fail but they explained I had a manufactures warranty from a company I trusted so I was ok with contacting Samsung to continue.
    My first contact was on the online live chat. Communicating with the rep, I explained the situation and together we did some troubleshooting. I explained that the image during bright scenes was not the issue, it was dark images that were the issue. Nothing we tried resolved the problem but the rep requested that I hold the selected settings for 1 week as part of the test.
    About 10 days later I contacted Samsung again via the online live chat as instructed. Again, explained the situation and what was tried already. The new rep and I continued troubleshooting with no luck. It was determined that a service request would be needed. As instructed, I completed the online form, attached pictures and submitted the detail that was already collected by both the online reps. Sorry Samsung, you fumbled but still in the game at this point.
    A day or so later I received a call from a Samsung scheduling rep to confirm the online request and schedule a service date. At that very moment, I happened to be in my local Best Buy comparing my TV pics to the one on display and to talk more to the BestBuy reps. The Samsung scheduler put me down for a Wednesday after 4pm timeslot for the service rep visit after giving me some detail on what to expect.
    Sometime later, the service company contacted me to request pictures and information on the issue. They explained that they needed this information before Samsung would even look at the issue… Wait so what were the online information and service ticket with pictures for? Yet another fumble on the part of Samsung. I sent the information requested and after a confirmation call from the service company saying they received the pictures and information, it was a short waiting game.
    Today I received a call from the service company explaining that based on the photos, Samsung tech support concluded my issue is within normal operating specifications. So after explaining that issue does not show up that well on a photo and that the issue is only on dark images AND with no one physically coming to see the unit this was deemed as acceptable? Yet a 3rd Fumble Samsung. I quickly contacted Samsung phone support to get some help with how frustrated this was turning out to be.
    The first rep I spoke to collected my information and listened to my situation. I could sense he didn’t know what to do and asked to put me on hold. He came back after a short while a little flustered explaining he didn’t know what to do and was going to transfer me to executive level support. That sounds important… I felt valued… That transfer connected me with a different person who at this executive level again collected my information and listened to my situation. I was put on hold repeatedly and at one point was told the onsite rep had determined there was no defect with the TV… But wait, no one had EVER been to my home to observe the issue. This was all determined with a photo. The rep retracted and corrected the information in either the system or whoever he was communicating the issue to. After a few more holds said he was going to send out a rep but that if it was determined that there was no defect, I would be charged and unknown amount. Well Samsung, at this point the ball has been punted and is in the air… I think he could sense my frustration but holding my composure I accepted a few longer holds while the ticket was created to go back to the service company. The Rep explained when someone is onsite they will determine if the unit needs repair.
    After hanging up, not more than 15 minutes later, I received a call from the contracted service company who wanted to confirm the request Samsung had just put in. This was the same rep I’d spoken to before so they were familiar with my complaint and issue. They explained that the visit charge would be $99 for the service call and that the technician could not and would not determine if the unit was defective. All he or she would do is come on site and take pictures of the issue to send to Samsung… Samsung technical is the ONLY group that can determine an issue and they work off photos. Well Samsung that punted ball is now WELL out of bounds… NO GOOD!
    You are failing me as a loyal customer. So now what? Do I live with this dissatisfaction? That is what it sounds like and if that’s true, your customer satisfaction promises are dishonest. Your tech support is basically saying my defect is acceptable and I’m being put through an unforgiving loop on a TV that is a little over 2 months old. There is an acceptable defect level???
    So why am I so disappointed? I’ve had Samsung products since my first microwave back when the ad’s included the flexing arm pictures. I have or have had Galaxy phones, three other Samsung TV’s, sound systems, Laptops, multiple hard drives, cameras, Refrigerators, a washer and dryer and other Samsung products. I supported and influenced a change at my hospital to adopt Samsung Laptops and equipment in place of HP and dell products. More recently, I am in the market for a kitchen upgrade and was going to go Samsung since I believe in the products but this recent experience has seriously shaken my confidence. I’m a dedicated consumer who backs a product I believe in so I hope you understand this process is insulting to me as a customer. At this point I want my TV issue resolved or my money back.
    Mitchell

• Am
    amar ghosh Sep 07, 2015

My name amar ghosh.I am use phone samsung galaxy e7.Issue of problem hanging issue.Going to service senter 8 to 10 ber.No revolve problem.I require to you pl z change my phone .
    amar ghosh

Posted: 2015-09-24 by
    Damaged Mobile Phone
    Complaint Rating: 100 % with

Hi!
    i am facing so much of botheration from the samsung products this time. the cell phone i complained about is causing the same problem again. tit feels like wasting money on a useless mobile. i bought such an expensive phone, samsung galaxy s6 and its causing too many problems from starting. firstly, the product problem, then the worst customer service and now even the worst technical assurance of the product. they are just selling their products, gaining profits and along with it, decreasing the quality of products. it is using such cheap kind of material that it is causing problems again and again.
    earlier, they changed my mobile phone's camera 2 times already, they put so many scratches, all finishing was rugged away and after that they changed the housing of my mobile phone. and now the same problem again. the camera is causing same problem. while we turn on the camera, ot makes vibrating noise and after some time, it becomes so much hot accompanied by strange vibrations.
    now, i request the Complaints Board organisation only to provide me with solution. i am totally fed up now. i am a student. i have a lot of burden. i cannot visit service centers again and again. this has totally become unacceptable by me. i am totally pissed of now.
    i request to you to kindly help me. either they change my product or refund my money. thats it. there is a limit of harassment but it has gone out of it now.
    i shouldn't say but samsung proved why apple is better than them and why it is going ahead of it. samsung can just copy others, nothing else they could do.

• Gf
    gf341952 Sep 29, 2015

I am Sally Gebril from Egypt as i bought T.V from a big shop in Egypt on 28/08 when i used it the same day i found a trouble production contacted customer service the delegate come on 01/09 received my TV and from this date contacted every day by phone customer service without a positive reply as each time i heard different reply till today 29/09 no exchange TV received means about one month whaT shall i can do and how a big international name like Samsung no reply from them
    i need an urgent reply
    thanks Sally

• Ct
    ctsmith13 Nov 14, 2015

As much as I agree that the call center people are not to blame, I must comment on a statement you made.

"If we extended everyone's warranties to cover repairs, Samsung would be bankrupt"

Do you honestly think the 355$ + Tax part my stove needed for repair is what it actually cost to manufacture?

How about they make quality products that don't require so much servicing? That wouldn't make them go bankrupt now would it??

M AHMAD Nov 25, 2015

Please contact me Samsung office I am Ahmad from Renala Khurd 03006976002 Mara Samsung daba kholtay he signal problam ho gae waranty claim how 2nd accidental coverage ma gya 10000 ma replace how dobara on how or pher wo he signal problam Kia ha ya dhoka