Russ Darrow Group Logo

Russ Darrow Group

Having problems with Russ Darrow Group?

+1 920 457 8844 (Sales & Customer Service)
1901 N Mayfair Rd

Russ Darrow Nissan & Volkswagen of Sheboygan
5515 Racetrack Road, Sheboygan, WI 53081

Complaints & Reviews

Warranty service!

It is my opinion that Russ Darrow Kia of Waukesha will likely go by the way of some other Kia dealers in the Milwaukee, WI area and else where... OUT OF BUSINESS. I recently had problems that surfaced with the air conditioner on my 2003 Kia Sedona following a warranty visit for the same repair. The service writer sent me directly to a toll free number for Kia (they don't even try to remedy these issues within the dealership) which resulted in an effort by the manufacture to try to convince me to spend over ($100.00) to help find what if anything they might have done to create the problem. Give me a break!

I'll have the air conditioner fixed somewhere else and certainly never purchase or recommend any Kia vehicle to anyone.

• Ru
    Russ Darrow Sep 29, 2011

We are very sorry to hear this please contact me at [email protected] to allow me to assist in anyway possible. We value ALL OF OUR customers and will go above and beyond to help

Bad service repair!

My vehicle had a "check engine" light and some stuttering.
I contacted the dealer to see how much they would charge me for a tune up. l I agreed to do the 90K tune up which included the diagnostic check for $550.00 including tax.
This was Russ Darrow Mazda at3520 S. 108 st. Greenfield, Wi 53228.

I took my vehicle to the dealer at 7:00 am the next morning. The service salesman, Jim, said the repairs would take about 5 hours. I used their shuttle to get to work, which got into an accident, resulting in me getting to work late. At 9:30 am, Jim called me and said the problem did not have anything to do with the tune up. He said it was a leak in the lower intake gaskets and that my serpentine belt was cracked and my oil pan gasket was leaking also. I told him then, not to do the tune up and just fix the problem. He then told me he can't stop the tune up work because it was already 80% complete. What I don't understand is how they could have finished 80% of the tune up work in two hours, and that’s figuring 1 hour or more for the diagnostic check, when he told me the work would be done in 5 hours and the vehicle would be ready around 12 or 1 in the afternoon. I got to the dealer at 5:15 pm and Jim said the car was just finished and that it would be a few minutes to get the paperwork done - about 5 minutes. Well I waited 10 minutes in the lounge area. Since he didn’t come, I went back to the service area. I saw that my paperwork was on the desk ready, and he was doing other work. He then said that I need new tires.
When I got home I noticed that my headlights were not working. So I had to go back the next morning to get that fixed - another inconvenience.

In summary, my complaint is that at 9:30 a.m. when they called to tell me that it wasn’t a tune up that my vehicle needed, but rather what I mentioned above and when I requested not to have the tune up done instead fix the problem, they responded that the tune up was already 80% completed in a period of 1 hr which they said it was going to take 5 hours to finish, yet when I went to pick up my van they said they just finished working on it at 5:00 p.m. So in essence the tune up couldn’t have been 80% completed and the work that my van needed was all that could’ve been done. The correct course of action would’ve been for the technician to grant my request. I feel that I was forced to pay for a service that I did not need nor requested in fact a service that I told them not to proceed with.

When I spoke to the manager on Saturday morning to get my headlights repaired, he admitted that it was wrong of them to proceed with the tune up and all he can do was match another’s company’s price on new tires – so in order for me to receive some kind of compensation from the company I have to spend additional money?

• Ru
    Russ Darrow Sep 29, 2011

They lie like rugs!

Below is a interchange we had with Russ Darrow Mazda. Don't bother dealing with them. They lie like...