Run Local LocksmithRip off!!!

Do not use this company!!! I locked myself out of my car and called them since they were the first number I found; it took the dispatcher ten minutes to find out where my subdivision was. She then called back and said that actually she had not found it, and after proceeding to spell the name of my street for her for the tenth time, she finally got it right and said the locksmith would be there in fifteen minutes. An hour has gone by, and the guy calls to tell me he got stuck in traffic (um, at two o'clock in the suburbs, yea right) and it will be only five to ten more minutes. Half an hour later, he pulls up and unlocks my car. The dispatcher had told me it was going to be $29, and it was..for the service call only. He charged me $160 total, what a rip off. He also took almost fifteen minutes running my credit card from his car, and today I got a message from my bank saying I had irregular activity. I go online and see that I have almost $200 charges from AutoTrader.com and Cars.com - funny, since he was the last person to use my debit card.

Again, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They will be late, rip you off, and more than likely use your credit card or debit card to run up charges!!!

• John. A. Simmer May 31, 2011

I had an important meeting today. I rushed to my office and when I reached the parking lot I got down in a hurry and closed the door. I then realized that I had locked the car keys in the car itself. I went to my office and completed my meeting. After the meeting I was wondering how to unlock my car. My assistant then gave me Run Local Locksmith’s number. I called them and they came to my office in a very short span of time. They unlocked the car for me. I am really happy with the service I got.
    Thank You Run Local Locksmith!!..

Deborah Allen May 31, 2011

I being an architect went to the construction site of the building I designed to check if all the work was going on properly. I was just taking a round with the team of engineers working there, when suddenly my foot got stuck in the raw material and I had a fall. In this process the keys to my car slipped out of my pocket and fell two storey’s down into the cement dispenser. I went down to see if I could retrieve the keys but I was unsuccessful. One of my colleagues then called Run Local Locksmith. They came to my rescue in 15 minutes and unlocked the door for me. I am really pleased with the support I got from Run Local Locksmith.

• Shirley Hall May 31, 2011

Yesterday when I came back to my house from office, I realized that I had left the keys to my house in the office drawer. It was very late in the night so I could not get any bus to go back to my office. So I called Run Local Locksmith. They reached my house within a short span of time and unlocked the door for me. I am extremely happy with the response I got from Run Local Locksmith, even so late in the night.

• John. A. Simmer May 31, 2011

Last night I was clearing my kitchen. I picked up the entire litter on the table and put it in the dustbin. Today when I was searching for the keys to my car, I realized that the keys were kept on the table under that litter and it was cleaned up along with the other stuff. I then called Run Local Locksmith. They came to my rescue and unlocked the car for me. I would like to thank Run Local Locksmith for their support.

• Aaron Rodgerss Dec 20, 2010

At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home.

Richard James Dec 17, 2010

The keys of my BMW got locked inside it accidently. I used the internet to find who can open its door without any damage. The first few calls to the service providers were either transferred to the automated voice recorders or were not responded at all, which I found quite strange. Run Local Locksmith not only took the call at 2 in night but also sent the expert automobile locksmith within next 25 minutes.

James Canada Dec 14, 2010

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website. Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really very happy. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best. Try them once [protected]

• Shirley Hall Dec 13, 2010

I dont know about others, but my experience was different. They were a little late, but their work was excellent. I will give them 10/10 on their work performance. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, They stand behind every lock they install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

• Vi
    vitor_ben Dec 10, 2010

As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. They are best in there work. I know Run Local Locksmith are best in there work, as i had self experienced it. Run Local Locksmith has a awesome services. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security neRun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith.

• Ha
    HarryPanther Dec 08, 2010

Run Local Locksmith was on time and went right to work, David the locksmith explained what he was doing while he was fixing my door-lock. I really appreciated the fast service and great job David did.

• Ha
    HarryPanther Dec 08, 2010

I have counted on Run Local Locksmith many times throughout the years. I have found them to be always reliable and the best value. Thank you!

• Johanna Taylor Dec 08, 2010

I am sure that you people have had a real bad experience but just to share my experience as it was really good to hire services of Run Local Locksmiths technicians.
    I went off locking the door inside out by mistake as the new technology door of high security, I called one of the local artisans and they said we can not give this services as this technology is not with us . I placed two guards on the door that night and tried another artisans they replied in the same manner.
    I called Run Local Locksmith as they operate 24hours*7nights and even on holidays. I called them at night around 12am and the technicians was available at my place in 15mins he checked the door and replaced the lock in 25mins with the high proficiency and effectiveness.
    I was so happy and delighted with the services that the charge of $450 seemed too reasonable to me.

• Lo
    LocksmithScamBuster Dec 07, 2010

This scam outfit is NOT accredited by the BBB, and in fact has an "F" rating for every location nationwide. Check here: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/locksmith-supply-stores/run-local-locksmith-in-plant-city-fl-90068396 (If the URL is missing, it's the BBB, use a search engine, then type in "run local locksmith" into THEIR search engine)

They are also NOT members of ALOA, check here: http://www.findalocksmith.com/search.aspx (If the URL is missing, it's find a locksmith (dot) com - No spaces)

They are part and parcel of the illegal foreign nationals running scams out of Florida, but advertising as "local" - Nearly ALL of the technicians are non-work visa'd individuals, and the parent company is under indictment in multiple states. $20 million dollars a year for these folks. See here: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS373US373&q=locksmith+scams (If the URL is missing, search any search engine for "locksmith scams")

Check out the poor English in many of the posts FOR the business. Most of the people are foreign nationals who are NOT visa'd to work here. That $20 billion above? ALL shipped out of the country.

About the original poster? As a locksmith, and a legitimate one, under NO circumstances should any Kwikset other than a SmartKey take longer than 10 minutes to pick, and that's for a noob or a non-proficient 'smith. The rest of us can do it in 2. While you'll ALWAYS pay a higher cost for hardware from a locksmith than from say, Home Depot, under no circumstances should it be anywhere near $110. The pick to open cost should have been minimal - In So Cal, the entire job would have come in under $100.

How the scam works: A company in a different country (always the same one) sets up thousands of "local" phone numbers here, then mass registers them in Google Local and other search engines. When you call, you get an operator in New York or Florida, who has NO clue where you are, but dispatches a "technician" - The "technician again, is generally a non-work visa'd individual, usually here on a student visa. The parent company sets fake prices, shill prices, as lead-in's... $19 car unlocks, $29 service calls, etc. They tell the "technician" that they'll require XX of dollars for the service, ALWAYS a higher than normal price to begin with. Whatever the "technician" forces/intimidates you into paying on top of that is the ONLY money he makes. It is then incumbent on him to charge as much as possible under any pretense as possible so he gets some money/pay. The "technician" then splits out the company's "fee" - Gets a Money Order, and sends it to a collection address out of the country.

Some of the "technicians" sell the key codes and key copies for homes to an lesser element for fast cash - Leaving you open to car theft (not reimbursable without a forced entry), and home invasions and robberies.

If a technician demands far, FAR more than he quoted, call the police, while he's there. Do NOT let him intimidate you. If he knows you're calling the police, 9 times out of 10 he will leave, as he does not want to be found with burglary tools (picks and such) without a business or other license. Then call a REAL locksmith and get your place rekeyed, as the fake locksmith has your codes.

Fake locksmiths are a very real, and very dangerous problem. Be proactive.

• Lawyer smith Dec 06, 2010

As a professional I would suggest you all that there is no such things for whome we sould worry. As this is the age of competition and there are lots of competitors in all fields. So if u read negative comments on Run Local Locksmith's, then dont worry, ignore it and try to call them when you are in need. There is no problem by giving them one chance. As we all have right to think, as we like. So use your brains & take decisions.

• Lawyer smith Dec 02, 2010

I don't think that competitors of Run Local Locksmith will leave the bad comments bcaz they have to promote their own bussiness. As they know that Run Local Locksmith's had capture the market of Lock. So they use negative comments. But truth never fails, people will take decision itself abt run local locksmith. But I will to whole world that atleast try them once, may be u will be benifited from their work. As from my opinion they are best and do there work honestly. Thanks & Regards

• Shirley Hall Nov 30, 2010

As I always say that Run local locksmith are genuine and do not bother about what others say. This is an open field, and most of them are competitors. So I m again saying that ignore all those unrelevent comments. They are only competitors. So Run local locksmith technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at our home. Whether we have lockout situation, need to change locks or re-key our locks. Once we call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive our home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to us and make recommendations based on our unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best.

• Pam Singh Nov 29, 2010

One of the greatest achievements of Run Local Locksmith's are that their commitment. As they say they do as it is. They have high technology equipments and well trained employees. I should appreciate them on there great achievement. As they are wonderful in there work. They are very high energetic and intelligent and experts in opening the lock doors. I wish them all the best in future. God bless them.

Richard Collins Nov 27, 2010

What to say abt run local locksmith. They had save my life when i was locked in basement. They are the only persons who came as soon as possible. They had showed me there latest technology tools, which makes there work easy. They unlock my door and also repaired it again. They are very humble. Very cooperative and very intelligent too. I am very much sorry for them bcaz people talk rough abt them and my experience was opposite to the complaints. They are good and thats my opinion.

• Shirley Hall Nov 26, 2010

This is really a disgusting. People challanging the work of run local locksmith. People should understand that every work done, must be charged. Their amount is not so much. They only charge the quality of work done. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.
    They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying that they are best in there services.

• Denial Lawyer Nov 25, 2010

Yeah you are right. I also dont have any problem with run local locksmith. As they are good in there services. They were very humble. They exactly know what to do at what time. They had opened my car as my kid was locked in car . They just said that give me 10 min. And within 10 min they opened the door. I think thats was something nice and wonderful. So I feel very bad when lots of people talk rubish about them. Thats why I am here to tell the truth and about my experience. God bless you all. Thanks

Richard Collins Nov 24, 2010

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a 3 months back and it was the good services I could ever get. The team was so humble in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website. Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once [protected]

Deborah Allen Nov 23, 2010

I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB Accredited business and also in list of Illinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section

Run Local Locksmith has all accreditation required to run smooth business and now I have heard they really have great services to offer.

For sure they have the best services now as my neighbors have taken services from them and they said they were great

• John. A. Simmer Nov 22, 2010

They are professional locksmiths are licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $15 service fee for every customer visit we make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $15 service call. Come and enjoy our great prices and great customer service when you benefit from our fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your service technician is dispatched and don’t forget about our 90-day guarantee on all of our work.

• Pam Singh Nov 12, 2010

Why all you are panic so much. Sometimes it happened with all. We always go with some mis-understandings. Sometimes we had bad experience also. That does not mean that you all people make panic and blame to them. If they work for your safty, they must charged you the amount, and u must pay to them. We had also a good experience with these guys. As they had opened my store room with was locked from inside. They worked for 30 min and finally opened the door. So I don't think that there is any means of panic. They are here for our help, not for blaming.

• Aaron Rodgerss Nov 11, 2010

U all are right. They carry locks for all of our security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. Run Local has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums and a host of other commercial companies. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, they stand behind every lock we install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

• Roxy Rosy Nov 09, 2010

They have best services to offer. I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB accredited business and also in list of llinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section. They are professional licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security rerun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

Richard Collins Nov 09, 2010

James Canada Nov 08, 2010

Run local locksmith offers a complete and comprehensive array of security solutions for all types of businesses; whether it is an entire corporate offices building or a small store front, they do it all.
    We customers know they rest assure while they take care of our business security offering reliable service at extremely competitive Rates. Run local locksmith technicians arrive to any job well equipped with the latest modern technology to service customers at the most efficient and professional way. Run local locksmith provides fast, efficient and affordable quality industrial service. They provide industrial door locks and door hardware installation. Their company handles repairs, and security solutions for businesses, institutional buildings, warehouses, condos, office buildings, hotels and motels, restaurants and other institutions with door hardware from the leading lock manufacturers in the market. Run Local Locksmith's fast, friendly, dependable professional technicians will provide you with the most professional service for affordable price.

• Shirley Hall Nov 08, 2010

Run local locksmith technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at our home. Whether we have lockout situation, need to change locks or re-key our locks. Once we call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive our home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to us and make recommendations based on our unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for our home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Run Local can help us make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best.

Deborah Allen Nov 03, 2010

I am totaly agree with the statement of Richard Collins & James Canada. To spread rumors is not good. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $15 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $15 service call. Run Local can help us make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. They repair and replace all automobiles, cars, trucks or RV keys. They do emergency opening of doors and trunks. There locksmiths, specializing in, fast lock out services, replace or repair lost and broken keys, they do key cutting services for all makes and models on site. One of there technicians can and will come to you and get you back on the road. Need a transponder chip key or a high security vehicle key duplicated. Rn local locksmiths will provide you with the best service at the best price.

Deborah Allen Nov 03, 2010

To spread rumors is not good. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . They are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

Richard Collins Nov 03, 2010

There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks; Once you call Run local locksmith,  there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home. Run Local can help you make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. If you’ve just purchased a new house then you don’t know how many keys are out there. Don’t trust your property to the previous owner’s lock sets. Perhaps a babysitter, maintenance person or almost anyone could have the keys to your new home.

Richard Collins Nov 02, 2010

Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .I agree with the services offered by Run local locksmith are great and worth the amount spend . They offer a variety of services at reasonable cost with a lot of efficiency and in specified time. They offer Lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.

James Canada Nov 02, 2010

You are right Richard Collins, Deborah Allen and Johanna Taylor.
    I have taken services from them they are good and efficient in services. Run Local Locksmith are good in delivering the services on the specified time and in reasonable cost.Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best .

James Canada Nov 01, 2010

Run local locksmith provides a complete residential locksmith services. There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks.

• John. A. Simmer Oct 28, 2010

Only $15 Locksmith Company - There  24×7 x 365 day locksmith services meet all your lockout and security service needs. All the rates are affordable and considerably lower than our competitors. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

• Roxy Rosy Oct 28, 2010

Run local locksmith residential services include;  House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed.

• Aaron Rodgerss Oct 28, 2010

They are professional locksmiths are licensed, bonded and insured!

• Johanna Taylor Oct 28, 2010

Run local locksmith provides a complete residential locksmith services. There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks.

Once you call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee!

• Roxy Rosy Oct 19, 2010

They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .