Run Local LocksmithOvercharges

I wish I would have read these complaints before I called these yahoos! The name is almost right. One should RUN from these locksmiths. For five minutes of work, they charged $184. what a rip-off. Definitely a case of buyer beware. The company really doesn't care about customer service, just as long as they get their money. I was told that $29 for travel, and $29+ for degree of difficulty in opening lock. I guess 5 minutes is very difficult - because they charged $184. Talked to the office, but frankly got a run around from the office manager. If you look at their web site you will notice that nowhere is an address, or home office listed. That should have been a tip off. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB, but I don't think much will come of it. Again, avoid these guys like the plague.

• Fr
    fred Feb 18, 2010

It is What I call an organized crime outfit from ISRAEL wake up. File a complaint with your AGS office. The feds just arrested one of these types of phony locksmith companys in florida.

They are not locksmiths if you paid them that kind of money for what you describe as 5 minutes. you are the stupid one. I think they should open a board called stupid people.com Persons that open their wallets to con artists. You know what the funnier part of it is The guy who took all your money is not even a locksmith just a scammer and he probably was not even a US citizen.

What are you going to do about it Baaaaa Baaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Off with their heads as the quenn would say

Comments

• Fr
    fred Feb 18, 2010

Beware of this logo.

• Johanna Taylor Oct 22, 2010

I am sure that you have had a real bad experience but just to share my experience as it was really good to hire services of Run Local Locksmiths technicians.
    I went off locking the door inside out by mistake as the new technology door of high security, I called one of the local artisans and they said we can not give this services as this technology is not with us .
    I placed two guards on the door that night and tried another artisans they replied in the same manner. I called Run Local Locksmith as they operate 24hours*7nights and even on holidays. I called them at night around 12am and the technicians was available at my place in 15mins he checked the door and replaced the lock in 25mins with the high proficiency and effectiveness.

I was so happy and delighted with the services that the charge of $450 seemed too reasonable to me. I believe when it comes to services no one can be as good as them . The company and the technicians are wonderful at there work.

James Canada Nov 01, 2010

I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope you all will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

Richard Collins Nov 03, 2010

There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks; Once you call Run local locksmith,  there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home. Run Local can help you make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. If you’ve just purchased a new house then you don’t know how many keys are out there. Don’t trust your property to the previous owner’s lock sets. Perhaps a babysitter, maintenance person or almost anyone could have the keys to your new home.

• De
    Deborah Allen Nov 03, 2010

To spread rumors is not good. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . They are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

James Canada Nov 08, 2010

Run local locksmith offers a complete and comprehensive array of security solutions for all types of businesses; whether it is an entire corporate offices building or a small store front, they do it all.
    We customers know they rest assure while they take care of our business security offering reliable service at extremely competitive Rates. Run local locksmith technicians arrive to any job well equipped with the latest modern technology to service customers at the most efficient and professional way. Run local locksmith provides fast, efficient and affordable quality industrial service. They provide industrial door locks and door hardware installation. Their company handles repairs, and security solutions for businesses, institutional buildings, warehouses, condos, office buildings, hotels and motels, restaurants and other institutions with door hardware from the leading lock manufacturers in the market. Run Local Locksmith's fast, friendly, dependable professional technicians will provide you with the most professional service for affordable price.

Richard Collins Nov 09, 2010

• Roxy Rosy Nov 09, 2010

They have best services to offer. I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB accredited business and also in list of llinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section. They are professional licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security rerun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

• Shirley Hall Nov 10, 2010

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website.

Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise.

I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once [protected]

• Aaron Rodgerss Nov 11, 2010

U all are right. They carry locks for all of our security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. Run Local has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums and a host of other commercial companies. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, they stand behind every lock we install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

• Lawyer smith Nov 12, 2010

Me seriously not agry with all ur reports. As for my concern I had very good experience with them. As I was locked in my house, I just called them by searching there no. from website. They came in 30 min which was ok for me. As they came, they politely talked and soon opened my door with there latest equipments. They charged me $29. I given them there money happily, as that was a big thing for me. So I wonder how u all had bad experience with them. May be some of u had met with some another guy who was no so humble. All boys are not of same nature. I think $29 was a good deal with them.

• Pam Singh Nov 12, 2010

Why all you are panic so much. Sometimes it happened with all. We always go with some mis-understandings. Sometimes we had bad experience also. That does not mean that you all people make panic and blame to them. If they work for your safty, they must charged you the amount, and u must pay to them. We had also a good experience with these guys. As they had opened my store room with was locked from inside. They worked for 30 min and finally opened the door. So I don't think that there is any means of panic. They are here for our help, not for blaming.

• De
    Deborah Allen Nov 23, 2010

I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB Accredited business and also in list of Illinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section

Run Local Locksmith has all accreditation required to run smooth business and now I have heard they really have great services to offer.

For sure they have the best services now as my neighbors have taken services from them and they said they were great

• Shirley Hall Nov 26, 2010

This is really a disgusting. People challanging the work of run local locksmith. People should understand that every work done, must be charged. Their amount is not so much. They only charge the quality of work done. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.
    They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying that they are best in there services.

• John. A. Simmer Dec 01, 2010

Once you call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices.

• Lo
    LocksmithScamBuster Dec 07, 2010

This scam outfit is NOT accredited by the BBB, and in fact has an "F" rating for every location nationwide. Check here: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/locksmith-supply-stores/run-local-locksmith-in-plant-city-fl-90068396 (If the URL is missing, it's the BBB, use a search engine, then type in "run local locksmith" into THEIR search engine)

They are also NOT members of ALOA, check here: http://www.findalocksmith.com/search.aspx (If the URL is missing, it's find a locksmith (dot) com - No spaces)

They are part and parcel of the illegal foreign nationals running scams out of Florida, but advertising as "local" - Nearly ALL of the technicians are non-work visa'd individuals, and the parent company is under indictment in multiple states. $20 million dollars a year for these folks. See here: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS373US373&q=locksmith+scams (If the URL is missing, search any search engine for "locksmith scams")

Check out the poor English in many of the posts FOR the business. Most of the people are foreign nationals who are NOT visa'd to work here. That $20 billion above? ALL shipped out of the country.

About the original poster? As a locksmith, and a legitimate one, under NO circumstances should any of what happened to you happened.

How the scam works: A company in a different country (always the same one) sets up thousands of "local" phone numbers here, then mass registers them in Google Local and other search engines. When you call, you get an operator in New York or Florida, who has NO clue where you are, but dispatches a "technician" - The "technician again, is generally a non-work visa'd individual, usually here on a student visa. The parent company sets fake prices, shill prices, as lead-in's... $19 car unlocks, $29 service calls, etc. They tell the "technician" that they'll require XX of dollars for the service, ALWAYS a higher than normal price to begin with. Whatever the "technician" forces/intimidates you into paying on top of that is the ONLY money he makes. It is then incumbent on him to charge as much as possible under any pretense as possible so he gets some money/pay. The "technician" then splits out the company's "fee" - Gets a Money Order, and sends it to a collection address out of the country.

Some of the "technicians" sell the key codes and key copies for homes to an lesser element for fast cash - Leaving you open to car theft (not reimbursable without a forced entry), and home invasions and robberies.

If a technician demands far, FAR more than he quoted, call the police, while he's there. Do NOT let him intimidate you. If he knows you're calling the police, 9 times out of 10 he will leave, as he does not want to be found with burglary tools (picks and such) without a business or other license. Then call a REAL locksmith and get your place rekeyed, as the fake locksmith has your codes.

Fake locksmiths are a very real, and very dangerous problem. Be proactive.

• Ha
    HarryPanther Dec 08, 2010

Run Local Locksmith works 24/7 and they have reasonable prices, they helped me when I lost my home keys at 2 am- sorry for that! Still David was very nice, friendly and professional! Thank you Run Local Locksmith for the great service!

• Vi
    vitor_ben Dec 10, 2010

As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. They are best in there work. I know Run Local Locksmith are best in there work, as i had self experienced it. Run Local Locksmith has a awesome services. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security neRun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith.

Richard James Dec 17, 2010

The keys of my BMW got locked inside it accidently. I used the internet to find who can open its door without any damage. The first few calls to the service providers were either transferred to the automated voice recorders or were not responded at all, which I found quite strange. Run Local Locksmith not only took the call at 2 in night but also sent the expert automobile locksmith within next 25 minutes.

• Shirley Hall Dec 20, 2010

I have personally called them and taken up the services from them it's all fake and some unfaithful stories that you are making. Probably fo once you may have come across the bad service due to one of the technicians but generalizing it on whole of the company is not that good. Every Individual has particular attitude . Its just that . When I took the services from them 3 years back they were wonderful and now they are awesome in delivering the best of the services of the world. The technicians are very well groomed and very well trained for the services being offered.

johnny rawl Jan 18, 2011

I am a jewellery retailer and I use the ultra modern safety vault having three levels of access for the stock-in-trade. Being an electronic machine, its locks got struck up and jammed when there some electric fault in the mains supply. Even after the power supply was restored, the locks were dysfunctional. I called up the Run Local Locksmith on reference from the neighbouring jeweller. After making the initial checks and trying a few things, they were able to open it up after some half an hour of labour. I have never seen the tools which he used for doing the job. No doubt they are the best equipped to handle the most complex tasks.

• Ge
    geetmaryn Feb 02, 2011

Run Local Locksmith facilitated my Foreign Trip
    I had to go abroad on a foreign business trip organized by my company. With crucial company documents and the travel documents along with the passport kept in
    the safety vault of my cabinet, there couldn’t have been a more secure pace to keep these important documents. To mess up things, I forgot where I had kept the keys to
    the vault while I was packing at night at 2 AM to catch the flight at 12 noon in morning. After searching for the keys for the next 2 hours, I had to call the Run Local Locksmith company. It was good to have the locksmith within the next 30 minutes and it took him another 30 minutes to finally open the lock by 5AM. I thank them
    for their timely service.

• Av
    averymiller001 Feb 24, 2011

Run Local Locksmith show remarkably good service

I had to call for a locksmith when the key of the safe-lock of my iron cabinet was lost. I normally use it for keeping important documents and jewelry. I wanted to get the lock opened without any harm to the locking system or things kept inside. At the same time, I also wanted the locksmith to be reliable for that crucial work since it actually meant showing him the way to the safe where my valuable are kept. My friend referred me to the Run Local Locksmith and I asked for their services. The locksmith arrived in the next 30 minutes, a bit late than what was promised. After examining the lock, he told me the price for rekeying the same. That was quite reasonable. After working for about more than an hour, he was able to open the safe, but he desisted from opening it full. Instead, he moved aside and walked away, allowing me to inspect and check for all the belongings. I really appreciate this move and it showed his professionalism and impeccable personal integrity. Frankly, I paid him more than what he had asked for.

johnchristry Jun 07, 2011

Run local locksmith provides reasonably priced service

This locksmith company busted my long held belief that locksmiths are opportunists and the meanest of all. The locksmith came with all his tools and lock picks for attending to the lock of my safe made of stainless steel. Arrival was timely, in about 25 minutes of making the call. He was polite, courteous, told me clearly that it was only about 20-30 minute work and also told the charges along with it. He did not make a tall order of the work to extract more money from me…very reasonable in charging for services.

• Ro
    rombyjacksman Sep 01, 2011

Best Sacramento locksmith Services

We called Locksmith Sacramento at 6:00 in the evening of a rainy Saturday after I found the door-lock of my entrance jammed. I got a quick response within 10 minutes and they came within half an hour. The price was exactly what the operator had quoted. I was extremely satisfied by their professional attitude.

jammyparasar Nov 07, 2011

Locksmith Bronx from the Run Local Locksmith Company saves lives, wins Mall contract

It seemed like hell when we were left stranded in a malfunctioning elevator of a mall in Bronx. We were about 15 people and there was the fire alarm which suddenly went off and the locks of the elevator got jammed. It was for the expertise of the locksmith Bronx from the Run Local Locksmith company who prevented us from dyeing of suffocation. After, the incident, the mall gave the contract to the Run Local to maintenance and upkeep of all security systems. And, they are doing a pretty good job.

• Ra
    ramesmichal Nov 24, 2011

Phoneix locksmith successfully installs the ultra-modern security system

I was planning to open a Jewelry showroom and was planning the use of ultra-modern security system to ensure that safety of material and people could be maintained. While selecting the system was not difficult, find the right Phoenix locksmith company who could install this was not easy. After giving the chance to a few companies, it was the Run Local Locksmith who could do it without any hitch. I must say it was sheer experience and ingrained training at display.