Ruby Tuesdayyour commercial

K Review updated:

I have not dined at a Ruby Tuesday in years because the last couple of time I did, I was not at all happy. In fact, the one that was closest to me in Kingston, NY is now closed because you couldn't get people to go there. But your newest commercial with the tone deaf girl screeching a terrible song...well if you wanted to try and lure me back with that crap, that will never work. In fact the first time I heard it I shut the tv off. And now whenever it comes on the affect is irritating and annoying...so annoying that I don't even want to know what she's selling.
Thanks for listening.

• Ll
    llthomas1117 Apr 27, 2017

If I were inclined to drop into my local Ruby Tuesday's for a meal (it's right near where I live) I have decided NOT to do so, as the recent commercials and the "actress" with the terrible voice (to say nothing of acting skills) is SO ANNOYING that it's driven away any inkling of attraction you might have inspired. Whomever is making your marketing decisions for TV has absolutely NO clue, and needs to be replaced.

• Jd
    JDraw Apr 29, 2017

@llthomas1117 I totally agree. Ruby Tuesdays needs to 1) fire their marketing 2) read social media . The commercial complaints exceeds 90%

• Re
    Rene Pita Killman Dryden May 05, 2017

@llthomas1117 I CAN NOT AGREE MORE!!! It is so loathsome it gets suck in my head playing over and over. Which annoys me further.

• Je
    Jennifer Olden Boucher Jul 26, 2018

@llthomas1117 ABSOLUTELY!!

Michelle Michelle Jul 29, 2018

@llthomas1117 I hear ya! Those commercials disgust me and make me lose my appetite! Huge marketing fail!!!

Carol Moorby Oct 03, 2018

@JDraw AMEN! These commercials are annoying, They instill anger and really irritate most people! They are also a disgrace to intelligence and make no sense at all, especially the singer with her so-called latest hit. What is she actually saying ? The triplet one is rude, loud and disgusting. Rachel needs to stick with her regular job...who writes these failures anyway?

@JDraw AGREE!!!

Linda Kurant Oct 21, 2018

@llthomas1117 I agree! I cannot understand what that annoying woman is screeching! It sounds like she has a mouthful of mush! Maybe she's related to whoever came up with that idiotic commercial.

• La
    Laura Jimenez Apr 29, 2017

Cannot stand the commercial with the girl who absolutely cannot sing!!!
    I have never eaten at this restaurant. Now I have no will to go because all I hear is that terrible commercial.

Angela Collins Apr 30, 2017

I am a busy person, and I have never taken the time to complain about a commercial in my life. I am so annoyed by this girl who can't sing, I will actually go OUT OF MY WAY to never walk into a Ruby Tuesday's again in my lifetime. Have they lost their minds?

• Ar
    A. R. A.210 Sep 22, 2018

@Angela Collins Ditto. I would never have imagined I would take the time to complain about a commercial, however I can't stand it to the point I made a complaint directly to the company. I refuse to put channels on that play it, which sucks because I do enjoy some of the shows. I knew I wasn't the only one that felt like this!

• 2y
    2yorkies Apr 30, 2017

Who is that red haired woman who sings so badly in the Ruby Tuesday commercial? She must be the daughter of the CEO of Ruby Tuesday. The singing is awful.

• Ab
    Abbie12 May 04, 2017

OMFG what a freaking bad commercial they have. Is it a joke? Is this a serious commercial? I cringe when I see it and change the channel quickly.

• Pa
    Pat Morgan Butler May 04, 2017

Another example of poor taste by marketing executives by thinking that this commercial is funny. In fact, it is annoying and insults ones intelligence.

• Br
    BraveheartSoul Oct 21, 2018

@Pat Morgan Butler Pat is right along with everyone else. It boggles the mind trying to understand how RT & their advertising agency could come up such an atrocious, hideous arrangement. It is beyond awful. It demeans the restaurant chain not to mention all who patron the restaurant. There is a desperate need for a change in television advertising across the board. We suspect that even EF Hutton would agree.

• Om
    omigosh May 06, 2017

Why you would think a girl who sings terribly off key would make people want to patronize your restaurant is beyond me. In fact if that is what represents your restaurant, it makes a customer suspect what else you may have no taste in. It is totally cringeworthy, and someone must have been hallucinating to think this was a good commercial.Omigosh.

• To
    Tom123321 May 06, 2017

This commercial is so bad, I googled to find the complaints without even wondering is there would be any! Horrible! I will never go to Ruby Tuesdays and I look forward to the day this "song" fades from my memory.

• Na
    Nancy Shea May 06, 2017

I agree with all of these comments. How could Ruby Tuesday's think this would attract customers? I cannot stand the commercial and they have been playing it endlessly. I mute it whenever it comes on.

• Be
    Becky Moulder Moxley Oct 25, 2018

@Nancy Shea Me too!!

Linda Tennessen May 06, 2017

So annoying. What were they thinking?

MiniMoe Jun 10, 2018

@Linda Tennessen The SCREECY voiced Be yach, just tears it ! I have to hit the mute button when this LOUSY piece of advertising comes on. I will NEVER go to that place again, how DARE you put that CRAP on My TV !

• Ke
    Kenneth Hurst May 07, 2017

I agree with the above comments. This is the worst marketing strategy ever...I foresee Ruby Tuesday's going out of business over this commercial. It is extremely irritating. My concern is did they they think this was funny or did they really think that she could sing? They have misjudged on both accounts.

• St
    Steverino1951 May 07, 2017

"Make it go away, it hurts my head!" In my 65 years on the planet, I've never complained about a commercial before but there are limits to what we consumers will put up with, and thank God there is a MUTE button on TV remotes. This is the worst "singing" commercial I've ever had the misfortune to see/hear. Gotta be a top executive's new girlfriend or daughter to get THIS past the executive board. I can just imagine the Marketing dept. playing this ad in front of the board, AFTER spending thousands of dollars to produce it. After everyone who has just witnessed this it climbs back into their seats from under the table where they were lying in a fetal position whimpering, they all do death stares at the boss. The boss looks at their faces, some with blood trickling from their ears and says, "What? It's not THAT bad!" When I think of all the legitimate talented young actors out there trying to find work and some powerful bonehead railroads this crap through, it makes me shake my head from side to side in disbelief. Like others have said, What on earth makes these supposedly intelligent executives think this commercial will make ANYBODY WANT TO EAT THERE?! Whether they were serious or think it's funny is immaterial as far as I'm concerned. It is insulting and If they're working under that old assumption that there's "No such thing as bad publicity, " because it gets everyone talking about them, they are sorely mistaken. I will never ever eat at RubyTuesdays again. e v e r.

• Ka
    Kathy White Lantz Jun 09, 2018

@Steverino1951 I'm 64 and I totally agree. Even Linda Soundtrack wasn't as annoying. I cover my ears and scream stop, stop, stop through the whole commercial. I ate there once and the food was so horrible, I knew then, I would never go back. NOW they can be assured I will never ever ever go there.

Carol Moorby Oct 03, 2018

@Steverino1951 AMEN! So wonderfully written...I could t say it better. Hopefully Ruby Tuesday’s will listen and take heed to what concerned people have written. I am sure they will lose much business unless they eliminate this junk!Rachel. Weds to, eep her night job for sure!

Carol Moorby Oct 03, 2018

@Carol Moorby Sorry for typo error...Rachel needs to keep her night job is what I intended to write!

• Ai
    AimeeB78 May 07, 2017

I feel like this girl and her awful singing was the company trying fro create their own 'Kimmy Schmidt' & doing a terrible job of it.

• Sh
    Sharon Hornseth May 09, 2017

This commercial is offensive in so many ways. The biggest offense is that your corporate headquarters has bought into the dumbing down of America. This commercial is a slap in the face to everyone who appreciates good quality singing, acting, and dancing. It gives the message that one can still be rewarded with a part no matter how poor their talent is. How sad for all of the people who are professional singers, actors, and dancers.
    How sad for all of the people who aspire to be good at whatever their endeavor is.
    For years, on New Year's Eve, my family would go to a movie and then dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. It was such a nice family tradition. NO MORE!
    THIS COMMERCIAL IS A SLAP IN THE FACE!

Carol Moorby Oct 03, 2018

@Sharon Hornseth AMEN Sharon...

Maryann6277 Mar 27, 2018

As a resident of Boston I find offense in your new commercial with a toothless girl saying "wicked good" in a Boston accent. Very classless. I as well as many here will never eat there. We are owed an apology

• Eh
    eh899 May 28, 2018

@Maryann6277 Rachel Dratch is the new face of the TV commercials and is completely annoying. I wouldnt drink water at Ruby Tuesdays if I was dieing thirst casue she is so annoying. Ruby Tuesdays martketing wake the hell up and give people what they want

• Kc
    KC9 Jun 01, 2018

The new Ruby Tuesday’s commercials with Rachel Dratch make me change the channel. They’re terrible and don’t make me think about delicious food or great atmosphere

Annbann Jun 09, 2018

Comedian Rachel Dratch is repulsive to listen to. The advertising firm and the person who is trusted with decision making, should be fired. I can't remember a decent commercial for RT. You've insulted us, your customers, for the last time. I can tell you that I will never ever step foot inside again.

• Da
    Dave Clarke Jul 25, 2018

Why isn't the management of RT totally embarrassed about their television commercials using that middle-aged "actress" trying to be cute with her screeching voice and ugly costumes:

1) They spend millions on such bad-taste commercials
    2) They failed to listen to their customers / public on how annoying the commercials are
    3) They release even more terrible commercials

• Ce
    ceejay22 Jul 29, 2018

I use to love going to Ruby Tuesday, but their newest commercials have completely turned me against it! These commercials, featuring Rachel Dracht, are the most annoying, nerve grating, and insulting to my intelligence! Instead of making me want to go to Ruby Tuesdays, I never want to go back again!

• Re
    Regina R L Emerson Aug 11, 2018

The new Ruby Tuesday commercials with broad who is allegedly a comedienne? Her first one of an angel and a witch advertising sweet and spicy foods. OH heck no. I sent a complaint form to RT the next day. No apologies. How tasteless can an ad campaign be? My husband and I used to be regular diners. No more. That broad is even more disgusting than Flo for Progressive. I mute all their commercials.

• Sk
    SkippingStones Aug 14, 2018

Wow...I thought I lacked tolerance! People saying they would never eat at RT because of their commercials?!?! I chuckle every time I hear their current commercial (the triplets). Find humor in things...life is too short to get all hot under the collar about petty things.

• He
    Heidy Clark Sep 19, 2018

Ruby Tuesday is making a joke out of themselves. You seriously need to fire your advertising company and get rid of Rachel Dratch forever! Why would you think these commercials would attract people to your restaurant?!

• Ar
    Ardene Bierwagen Oct 02, 2018

@Heidy Clark Ugh, I can't imagine the money that was whizzed in the wind on this one! And monetary loss from people like me that wouldn't darken the doorway of an establishment with such poor taste. Good grief.

CatladyLinda Sep 20, 2018

I agree with the others...this commercial with the woman in the red dress is terrible. First, I can't understand a word she says, and then when she suddenly shrieks, it's even more obnoxious. I can promise, Ruby Tuesday's will NOT be a place where I eat!

marilynn welsh Sep 22, 2018

It hurts. Please remove!

• Di
    DinerInKansas Sep 22, 2018

One Rachel Dratch is bad enough...then you do the triplets thing...screaming, screeching!! When I hear the name Ruby Tuesday, that's what comes to mind...a screaming, screeching gaggle of idiots!!! IF you are trying to sell a pleasant dining experience where good food is served in an inviting atmosphere, Rachel Dratch's screaming and screeching is NOT the way to do it.

• Ga
    Gabriel Gawrada Sep 23, 2018

After the commercial with the annoying cow screaming "chocolate" at the top of her lungs, I knew I had made the right choice. I ate at Ruby Tuesday's once in 2004 while on vacation. The food was so ordinary I never went back to any of their locations. Sure seems like their marketing is designed to drive away any customers not already underwhelmed by the food.

• Da
    David Gransee Sep 26, 2018

Never liked her on SNL, and change the channel whe. One of commercials come on. Will never patronize Ruby Tuesdays again.

• Me
    Melinda01 Sep 28, 2018

I love the commercial

• Le
    Leann Anderson Sep 28, 2018

Rachel Dratch is not remotely funny. RT should have just burned the funds they spent on these commercials.

• Cj
    C J Howard Sep 30, 2018

If I could give a zero star rating I would. What was Ruby Tuesdays thinking when they forked out money for this annoying commercial? Seriously this commercial alone will keep me from eating there. All this shows me is that my dining experience would not be pleasant.

• Pe
    Perrin11372 Oct 01, 2018

Your latest series of TV commercials are abominable. I don't know whose idea it was to use an actress with such a horrible set of alternative personas, but it was a grave mistake. The next time I encounter a Ruby Tuesday be sure that I will never set foot in that establishment. You abuse your customers and especially any prospective customers with such a talentless, screeching "spokeswoman" .

Carol Moorby Oct 03, 2018

Have you gotten even ONE positive comment on your commercials yet? I’m willing to bet that you haven’t. If you do it’s Because they are either a friend, relative or someone paid to support it.

• Ro
    rockribbed rushy Oct 04, 2018

I can't believe I am reading such bilge from snowflakes.
    You're not going to eat there because you don't like their commercials?
    I am old geezer and have seen commercials from the 60s. The only way I didn't go some place was because of the food not some commercial.
    Personally, I thought these latest ads are hysterical. The two witches? Great.
    The piano player? I thought that might be a parody of Reba McIntire with the hair.
    All in all, I loved them.

• Ra
    Ralph Jeffords Oct 05, 2018

I didn't realize that this awful commercial has been around for at least a year. I've just noticed it in the Washington DC area the past couple of weeks. I'd never heard of Rachel Dratch as I've not watched SNL for more than 30 years--it went to hell after the originals: Belushi, Aykroyd, Radner etc. As an amateur classical musician whose mother was a voice teacher, I just cringe when she sings so badly off key. I've never set foot in a Ruby Tuesday and now I never will!

Michele Zetusky Oct 16, 2018

I have to agree - and she has the crazy eyes

chicagoannie2 Oct 20, 2018

I cannot hit MUTE fast enough when those Rachel Dratch Ruby Tuesday commercials come on. First "Triplets" for months...OMG on A&E and the Food Network like every commercial break. And now the horrible singing/piano one. I will NEVER set foot in Ruby Tuesday again, because of these horrendous commercials. They need a new advertising agency...if the chain doesn't go out of business due to this crappy marketing decision first.

• De
    Deborah JP Oct 20, 2018

I have never heard of, nor dined at a Ruby Tuesday's, and there is not one located anywhere near me. So why am I hearing and seeing this awful and annoying ad several times per day? Please just make it stop!

• Sh
    ShutUpRubyT! Oct 22, 2018

Who in the heck thought that woman and those commercials were a good enough idea to actually spend good money on them? Just HORRIBLY ANNOYING! Just makes me want to turn the channel as fast as I can, doesn't make me suddenly want to eat there. Kinda makes me sick, actually!

LindaBlackwell Oct 25, 2018

The terrible singer. Her name is Rachel Dratch and is worth $3m! One of her claims to fame is comedy. Really?
    They need to fire their ad agency. In fact, never should have gone on board.

• Th
    Thomas LaBelle Oct 31, 2018

Couldn't agree more. Worst commercial on TV right now. Who the heck thought it was a good idea? Can't grab the remote fast enough.