Roseville Health and Wellness Centerbad manager

J

I've been a member for 2 1/2 years.

I have had a problem with the Aquatic Center (therapy pool). When I joined, I met the owner and he said the pool was heated to nearly 90* and was primarily a therapy pool.

For the first year and a half I went at different times and days including early mornings and late evenings.

Any time I went the pool was very comfortable for me. I have rheumatoid arthritis.

About a year ago, the water was all of a sudden much colder and I couldn't stay in the pool. I tried several times to talk to the manager but each time she said that "No one else has ever complained". but, I know at least 10 people who told me that they got the same story when they tried to talk to her.

I have seen her yell at members in the pool when they mentioned water temps., and have heard therapists being angry at how cold the water was.

The most frustrating part is not being able to get a straight answer from the manager. I AM SURE the owner told us that the pool would be warmer than it is now. If they've changed the policy, then they should say so! This manager is harming the goodwill of the facility and is known as a chronic liar.

So, if you are going to use the pool a lot and you need warmer water, be aware that you will now have to go to one of 4 Arthritis-type classes which are only in the mid afternoons, and which often fill up 30 minutes before class starts.

If you want to go to free swim time or morning classes, just know it's going to be cold!

I am reluctantly stopping my membership because the reality isn't what we were told when we joined.

sacramental Dec 25, 2010

Yes, the management there is extremely dishonest and completing lacking in ethics. I had the same experience. Here's another problem. They have classes with students who are with this gym because of health problems (i.e. hip replacements, etc.) and use the pool for therapy. Then the group x teachers teach classes geared for the most fit, offering no alternative exercises for these special needs members and encouraging them to work out at levels that will certainly harm them. It's ridiculous. High price, low quality.