Rocket CommunicationsFraudulent charges

R

I was charged $13.92 (plus tax) on my Dec AT&T bill. I called AT&T right away and put that amount in dispute. I then called Rocket Communications to remove the charge and was told that it would be taken care of in the next month or two, due to different billing cycles. While Rocket Communications has not charged any more since that first month, the original charge still has not been removed.
I've called AT&T each month and have been told that there has been no credit from Rocket Communications, but that the amount is still in dispute. I would like this company shut down! I see there are numerous complaints from all over the US for the same thing.

• We
    web design frauds Mar 08, 2012

I can relate, my web designer 499websites.com 360 networkservices inc has disappeared and does not respond. Karim from customer service gave me an estimated time frame of 5 weeks beta version It has been 7 weeks now. I do not know what my options are please Help. I have paid all upfront cost in advance and have no chances of getting any monies back.

• Dp
    d. powers Jun 14, 2011

I have been billed an extra 12.95 since march of this year. i thought it was the raise in my fios fee but this month my bill went up another 10.00, so i called Verizon and the instructed me to call this company and have them stop the service and refund my money. I tried to call several times but each time the person seemed as if they couldn't hear me speaking. As of now i don't believe anything has been done to remove this company from my billing process and i am at a loss. I'll call Verizon again and see if they can do anything about this, but i wanted to lodge a complaint.

MAD BILL FROM PA Apr 26, 2011

Yes they have been doing the same thing to me for 5 months on my verizon bill. Today I finally got to talk with a person and they told me that if I canceled the service less than 10 days from billing that it would take 3 billing cycles to credit my account. I told the ( BOX OF ROCKS ) person that I called in January to stop this charge. They billed me 12.99 for January, February, march, and todays bill for April. I am also contacting the attorney general.

• Fc
    fcnbm Mar 16, 2011

I was ripped off by hit webdesign...is it me or does Rocket appear to be the same company under new logo...even website looks teh same?

• Ed
    E. Duprey Jan 19, 2011

I received my monthly Verizon bill today--Jan. 18, 2011 and found an unauthorized $12.95 had been spirited onto my bill from Rocket Communications. This ogre popped up out of nowhere. I called their number was asked if I wanted 'out' on the service. I stated that it was indeed unautherized and unwanted. The response was 'cancellation'. I am deducting $12.95 from my Verizon bill. I have not spoken with any rep from Verizon, yet. I am disgusted that Verizon allowed this in the first place. Who is in charge of the store !!!?????

chiefkuz Oct 31, 2010

THIRD PARTY BILLING ON MY VERIZON LANDLINE BILL OF $12.95. I DO NOT KNOW THESE PEOPLE AND NEVER AUTHORIZED THIS BILL. I WILL BE GETTING IN TOUCH WITH THE PA ATTORNEY GENERAL.

• Hc
    HColleen Oct 23, 2009

This is the second time in as many months that this company has submitted a $12.95 charge to my phone service. Neither I nor anyone in my household has ever conducted business of any kind with Rocket Communications. We'd never even heard of the company until now. I called my phone provider and they removed the charge, but now I'm going to have to do it all over again for this month.

• St
    s_t_e_v_e Jul 30, 2009

Thanks for the posting. I just got hit by the same scam. Verizon was very nice about refunding the charge and updating my account to disallow third party charges in the future.

As for Rocket Communications, they also deleted my account. They told me the person's name, which turns out to be the name of the person who had our number before us (3 years ago). I can see it now, this person signing up for something online and putting down a bogus phone number...rather his old number. And then we get billed.

So the question is whether Rocket Communications is using deceptive and/or fraudulent practices to sign people up. And it would seem so, based on the comment from the lady I spoke to, about the volume of calls just like mine that she gets. She told me the sites where people sign up, but I forget now.

The other issue is why Verizon allows third parties to bill so easily.

• Je
    Jen28f2 Jun 19, 2009

I just wanted to update my original post...after 4 months of keeping after this I have finally gotten my refund of 13 months worth of charges, total refunded is $148.50. If the charges are really fraudulent, I suggest you not take no for an answer, or let them give you only 1 month worth back. Be sure to get it all back. If you want to know more about the steps I took that may help you, too, email me jenjenallison at gmail dot com

• Je
    jen28f Mar 25, 2009

Just noticed they have been charging me 12.95 per month, billed on my monthly verizon phone bill. When I called they said its for voice mail, when I told them I dont have vm, the rep said I must have signed up for it online. Asked the name of the person they have on record?
    She said Mary Johnson. I told her no one by that name here, she said they will credit my bill, it will show up within 4 billing cycles. I hardly believe that, and, I feel that they are pulling names out of a hat when they give the name of the person that signed up...the rep did not seem at all surprised or put out that this happened, it seems that she takes calls of this nature hundreds of times a day. Funny how the names that they give as the person that signed on are always innocuous, such as Mary Johnson, James White, etc. They are never anything like Stanislaus Chmielewski. I would hope that this gets looked into more closely and they get shut down. In addition, I would like to add that it started appearing on my phone bill the same month I got the phone and internet service. I specifically chose a phone plan with no voicemail or any other extra services. So obviously I did not sign up for it, and it seems to me that this company gets a list of all new phone numbers assigned and automatically adds this charge. Too coincidental that "Mary Johnson" would go online and sign up for voicemail with my phone number the same exact day that my phone/internet service begin.