Value max Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Value max — Recurring Charges

I've had a recurring charge of $29.95 on my account for the past few months. The first time I questioned...

Resolved Value maxFraud Charges

Purchase Valmax [protected] Us Dec 20th 09 -$86.07
I used a service to lookup someone as well and I checked all boxes not to be enrolled in anything else. Six months later I load my card and they immediately take out an 86.07 charge.What gives these people the right to take my hard earned money. Now I must suffer this Christmas because of terrible business practices.

• Rh
    RHNM Dec 20, 2009

Dealing With Poor Customer Service

All companies are only concerned with their bottom line. All companies have very poor customer service representatives. My advice:
    1. First try to settle the matter with the company’s CSR. It will not do any good but you have tried.
    2. Be polite but firm.
    3. Ask for the name, number and state the CSR you are talking to is from. If you are transferred to a foreign country ask to speak to a CSR in North America.
    4. Keep written copies of all your correspondence. Insist that all replies from the company be in writing. Good luck on that one, companies don’t like to leave a paper trail.
    5. If you don’t like writing, record the calls, advise the CSR that you are recording the call.
    6. If you have an attorney and three-party calling, arrange to have your attorney on the line before you call the company. My attorney advised me that you are not required to inform the CSR or company that another person is monitoring the call .Keep copies of all of the bills you receive. The eventual lawyers, FCC, BBB and state attorney general will want copies of all of your paper work.
    7. File a complaint with the FCC about your cell phone carrier, it won't do any good, but it's on record.
    8. If it is not a cell phone carrier, file the complaint with the FTC, or whichever of thousands of government agencies that handle your issue.
    9. Please realize that all government agencies are overworked and have been paid off by lobbyist.
    10. Join any class action lawsuit against the company.
    11. File a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau.
    12. Contact your state attorney general.
    13. During this prolonged economic rough patch all companies are out to make money anyway they can.
    14. Join any class action lawsuit against the cell phone carrier. The lawyers will take the bulk of the settlement after years of ligation. When the company finally settles they will pass the cost of the settlement onto their customers, write if off on their taxes or both if they can get away with it.
    15. Do this with any company or service you are having problems unresolved problems with that company or service.
    16. I realize this is a lot of work, but it’s the only way to get things to change. Don’t expect overnight results, they won’t happen.
    I give you this advice at no charge.
    RH – New Mexico

Resolved Value maxUnauthorised Charges

I have been scam by Value Max for well over $200.00

I have a bunch of charges on my credit card from Value Max and I have no idea what they were for.

1 - $19.95 posted on 11/15/2008
7 - $19.95 posted on 05/14/2009
8 - $19.95 posted on 06/15/2009
9 - $23.95 posted on 07/13/2009
8 - $23.95 pending

I have two credit cards one for regular use and one for an emergency. I have the emergency one on automatic payment I hardly ever use it. So I went on line to check something when I saw this Value Max charge and called the credit card people and they noticed it was a recurring charge. I'm disputing it of course but I dont know how it will turn out.

• Me
    Melissa L Aug 12, 2009

Call your credit card company and tell them whats going on with the unauthorized charges. Have you tried calling the company yet?

Resolved Value maxUnauthorized membership

This morning, 7/18/09, I made a one-time search on Intelius and this afternoon I received an email
from Value Max that if they didn't hear from me by July 26, they would start debiting my checking
account monthly - they didn't specify the amount. I immediately phoned the number provided
but got nowhere because they were asking for an ID number which I didn't have. I then went online,
checked the cancellation box. My email address was requested and an ID number. I checked the "forgot
ID box" and IMMEDIATELY received a notice that my membership was cancelled. Also, it would take
2-3 business days to send a confirmation of cancellation. THIS AFTERNOON I RECEIVED TWO
CANCELLATION EMAILS FOR VALUE MAX.

When I used Intelius this morning, the site I used said it was secure - apparently IT IS NOT!

• Je
    jefftherev Sep 08, 2009

I used Intellus today and received a free "trial membership" from this company and was notified by e-mail that my e-mail was my electronic signature authorizing the debit of my account. I had 7 days to cancel my membership or would be billed. What? I only went to Intellus and never accepted any offer from Value Max. I called the company, cancelled the "membership" but wanted to know how they got my information account information. I was told I had to physical input my account info into the Value Max site. WHAT!? Imagine going to Walmart and getting a bill from Target. This company has questionable business practices which makes Intellius questionable as well if they continue to allow individuals to be billed by a secondary company. If others have a similar complaint, try sending a letter to: Krista Alba - Cost Center Manager, 9500 West Dodge Rd, Omaha, NE 68114.

Intelius_Customer_Support Nov 02, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Value maxUnauthorized Charge

I always check my debit card balances before going shopping. I had no money in my account. I thought that was strange because I just put money on the card to make sure I had it when I needed it. When I started looking I saw a charge from my card from value max. I have never bought anything from them before. After further investigation into this matter the only place that I purchased anything from was last month. I did the reverse phone number look up. I did not opt into this service. I asked them to return my money back to my card and it has yet to be returned. I am also reporting them to the BBB.

• Dr
    dr jim Nov 24, 2009

I noticed a charge of $23.95 on my Visa statement this month for MEMBER VALUES 888-241-0049. I called that number because I did not know who they were. I got my so-called membership number but was unable to speak to anyone. Thanks to a posting giving their direct numeber, I was able to speak to them. Come to find out, they have been charging my card every month since February. I told them that I did not authorize that charge and they said they would refund my money to my credit card. I used Intelius in January. This is outrageous and I will be filing a formal complaint with the Texas Attoney General's Office.

Resolved Value maxUnauthorise charges

A company named Value Max, which is supposedly some kind of savings service for all kinds of different services, has taken $19.95 out of my checking account. Which also caused me $35.00 in insufficient funds fees and a bank service charge of $10.00 - a total of $64.95. Has anybody heard of this company? I want my money back immediately! How do I go about getting my money back?
Also I will like to now if anyone with the same problem has the same banck as me wich is Washington Mutual if someone can let me now so I can open a Bigger investigation

• El
    elpasomay Sep 09, 2009

I also was charged $24.95 and I called 888-241-0049 spoke with teyaka id 1353421 then I asked for the manager her name was kanika id was 19396 she said they will refund me the money in 3 to 5 business days. Who gives this people authority????? I guess It is not safe to purchase anything on line at all...and by the way VALMAX and SAVEAGE are in some way connected...

VALMAX 888-241-0049
    SAVEAGE 888-593-5216

Resolved Value maxun-authorized withdrawels

First of all. I didn't authoriuze this withdrawel. Ist one happened on 3-25-09. Second transaction 04-30-09. I need this money re-depsited ASAP. I haven't worked in two years. Fighting for disability. After an automobile accident. left me disablled. FInially got my favorable decision. But still no money yet. In the middle of divorce. And then I notice this. Why !!! because I had checks bounce, because of thid transaction. That I haven't authorized. I am broke damn it.

Please re-deposit $39.90 plus if you were a deceant group. You'd also refund me my bouce check fees of $30.00 each ===$60.00 All together you owe me $99.00 in my checking account.
[protected]@hotmail.com

SIncerely
Brenda J Rogers

Resolved Value maxUnauthorized Charge/LAWSUIT

I did a reverse cell # lookup through Intellius. Then I started getting monthly charges from Value Max. It was a couple months before I noticed, but I am trying to deal with it now.

I never did business with value max directly, and did not authorize them to charge my account.

Amongst the bevy of complaints I've seen online, I noticed a San Francisco law firm litigating a class-action suit against the company. If you're caught up in the Valuemax scam, please contact the law firm of Girard Gibbs llp, and help them bring Valuemax down. You may get your money back in the process as well. You'll have to answer some questions and provide them with details of the transaction(s).

• El
    Eli Wilson Jun 30, 2009

I'm in the same boat. I'm a poor college kid scraping by out in Utah. I also ran a reverse cell look-up (via Intellius) and have been charged by "Valuemax" or "Valmax" since April.

These charges have come three times costing $19.95 and once as $39.90 totaling $99.75. <--- An amount no poor college kid or anyone should have to pay. I'm requesting older account transactions from my bank to see if the charging started earlier than April.

I have contacted Girard Gibbs LLC, and have requested more information. (For those who may have not read the Law Suit complaint, Girard Gibbs is a firm out of San Francisco which is filing against this particular fraud.)

I also contacted my bank and informed them of the fraud. If you are subject to this nonsense, I'd suggest you do likewise. I shouldn't be hard for a bank to screen out a fraud once it is identified - and I'm sure I'm not the only one using my bank who has been scammed by Intellius.

Good luck if you're caught in the same mess that I am!

Eli

Resolved Value maxValue Max/ Intelius Joint Scam

A company named Value Max, which is supposedly some kind of savings service for all kinds of different services, has started taken $19.95 out of my credit card account. As I tried to find out who this company is and why they have access to my account I have found they are part of a scam with Intelius, who I used last month to try to find a phone number of an old friend. After calling the phone number at Value max and being asked for my CC number, phone number or address by a recording I finally missed entered enough times I was connected to a person. After a bit of a heated conversation I was finally told I would be refunded my money (only after I threatened to report this scam to the federal government and state attorney) I will post again when or if I do see the credit.

• Ci
    Cindy Carroll Mar 23, 2009

I just discovered this charge on my credit card statement. It was also charges last month and according to my card company, it has already been charged on my APRIL statement! I had no idea how this company got my CC number until I read the posts and the connection to Intellus. I too used Intellus to locate someone JUST ONCE. I hace filed a complaint to get these charges refunded. Thank you for takinf the time to post. Maybe we can get this thing stopped. Perhaps a complaint to the FCC or State Attooorney General.

• Kr
    kristi Apr 22, 2009

do you have the toll-free number? i just got scammed by them and need to cancel this. thank you.

• Ri
    rickpub Aug 03, 2009

These people, Intelius and ValueMax, are despicable scam artists. I too utilized intelius to check on a potential business partners SSN. The report I received back from intelius was nothing but garbage and contained details of numerous people with the same last name but not the individual with the SSN I provided (I have verified the SSN is valid). You would think they would at least have found that individual among the tens of people that they gave me information on. After seeing that I googled intelius and found lots of bad things about them, including their propensity to pass on credit card numbers. I immediately called my CC provider and canceled my card. Sure enough, within 2 hours I received an email from valuemax telling me that I had accepted a membership with them and that I had 7 days of a trial to cancel. Well, I'm not wasting my time contacting them as my card has been voided, but what a hassle and a SCAM...

Intelius_Customer_Support Nov 02, 2009

• Lh
    LHTX Mar 04, 2011

I experienced the same thing...looked someone up for 1.95 and it ended up costing me almost $600 dollars before I noticed the monthly charge of 27.95. i called valuemax and intellius and they know how to cover themselves...they both claim no fault that I clicked on something agreeing to have intellius share my card info. with valuemax. BS...I did not... This went on from June 2009 until now - March 2011.

• Yo
    Yoder Dec 07, 2011

The same thing has happened to me. Intelius has refunded the last 12 months of money that they took out of my account, but Valuemax would only credit $34.95. I also paid $2.5 to look up a person, but I have paid dearly since then.

I now plan on contacting my state and the US attorney generals.

Valumax number (if you can reach them) 888.241.0049
    Intelius: 877.974.1563

Resolved Value maxFraud

We too were charged 19.95 on our checking account. If i hadn't deposited money 30 minutes before that was taken out, we would had been charged for insufficient funds. The bank gave me an 888 number to call. I spoke with a woman i could barely understand. I told her I had no idea what value max was yet alone obtain a membership. She said they would credit it back to me and "thank you for choosing value max" and hung up! I did not choose value max! I had never heard of it! I would file charges but I have no money to get a lwayer. But someone needs to put a top to these people. There is no telling how many people they are screwing over! They got my info from intelius...do not go there!

• Pa
    parker's in the house Dec 29, 2008

Fortunately, I looked back through my account, and found that I had been charged $19.95 for July, August, September, October, November as well as December! So I called them back - "Sorry, " she said, "we can't refund any prior charges. You enrolled yada yada ya . . ." You have to argue with them. Finally, she agreed to refund all of the charges within 2 business days. Don't give in.

• Ka
    katsmeow Feb 25, 2009

I have the exact same problem.. I went to Intellius for some address information - and next thing you know I am receiving monthly charges to my credit card in the amount of $19.95 for two companies Protect Plus and Value Max - which are the same company it appears.

AP9*24PROTECT PLUS 800-211-9749 CTUS $19.95 Charge

AP9*VALUE MAX 888-205-2257 CTUS $19.95 Charge

I am filing a fraud report thru my bank. I did NOT authorize the monthly charges. I have the same issue as you. This is Fraud and illegal. They are working to stop this and maybe recover my money.I can't believe they can get away with this.

• Ke
    Keith Smith Mar 04, 2009

I have the same problem as you guys did. One thing you can do to get them to stop is report your credit card as stolen to your bank and you should get a new card with new numbers (i had to do that with the Kevin Treadu scam, but it worked). your old numbers will become invalid and they wont be able to file any more charges. Getting your money back may be a bigger problem, my bank was very unwilling to help there, but file a report with the Better Business Bureau could help.

• Bi
    billwhit1357 Mar 04, 2009

I was charged $19.95 on 16 December 2008 and again on 14 January 2009. I have not heard of this company. I was charged by Intelius and US Search for doing some searches for me, but nothing was mentioned about ValueMax. I have called the 1-888-205-2257 number and get put on hold or cut off. No one has ever answered my call. The website has no contact information on it and I have no idea what the ID or Password is, since I have had nothing to do with this company. I want my damn money back!

Mary Mar 13, 2009

Value Max has charged me membership fee for $19.99 twice recently. I never have signed up for its membership and know neither what kind business Valuemax runs, nor their website until few days ago I began to check my bank statement. As I called them thy are so unfriendly and impatient so that I couldn't continue to question. When I asked about my user ID they give me a series number. I has reported my credit company and asked for investigation. I want to tell people the truth because I don't want them to do the wrong thing again and again. It doesn't matter with money.

• Ss
    SSN Mar 25, 2009

I too have been charged 19.95 by Value Max since Nov...when I called I asked what the company is, they informed me that I signed up for a savings book! I have been unemployed so have signed up for nothing! After a few phone calls, they said I would be credited the amount in 2 days time...we'll see.
    Jacksonville, FL

• Ee
    eeyore92704 Apr 20, 2009

You know something, I just got a call from my bank asking me about charges from a valuemax. I called the number provided and they wanted me to either put in a reference number, phon number, or credit card number; well when I put my phone number in it told me it did not reconize my number then wanted my credit card information. I never gave them any credit card number and had a hold put on my account and will be getting my money back. The thing was I was sitting right in front of my computer and typed in Valuemax in the search and found this site with all the complaints on it; what a find.

Intelius_Customer_Support Nov 05, 2009

Resolved Value maxfraudelent charges

just checked my account and saw 19.95 charge on my account by value max. I have never heard of the company so I google them and found this website of the complaints against them. as soon as they open up I will be contacting them. I hav e sent them an email as well demanding that they remove the charges and I will contact my bank. I will file a police report, contact better business bureau and I will contact the attorney general. I never give out my banking information so they will have hell to pay for this.

Resolved Value maxfraudulent withdrawal

I too was charged 19.95 for a membership to Value Max which I never enrolled. When I called the # my bank sent me I spoke with a Value Max rep named Sandra ID 700039. I asked her what Valuemax was and stated that I did not enroll on dec 27th. I also asked her how they obtained my credit card # she did not reply and said that they would credit my account within two days. I am also going to dispute the charge with my bank, we'll see what happens.

• Tj
    TJ in NH Jan 23, 2009

I'd like to know exactly:
    Where Valuemax is located - exact address(es) and legal corporate name(s).
    Who the primary share holders / owners of this company are and precisely where they are located?
    What the purpose / function of the company is (as filed when incorporated)?
    And, exactly what it is they supposedly do.

I never purchased anything from them, yet they attempted to charge my credit card $19.95 as well. Obviously, they are obtaining credit card numbers from somewhere other than from the credit card holder (at least in my case). With all of the identiy theft, credit card theft, computer hacking, and other crimal activity in today's world, these types of alleged businesses and all affiliated whem them should be made an example of with the most severe punishments allowable by the justice system including serious jail time and very, very large fines and penalties via both the criminal and civil court.

Given the chance I would stand up in any US court if it would help to put them away and make an example of them to anyone else that may be recipients of stolen banking information - just out of principle and because it would be just and something must be done about this type of activity -- this is getting rediculous.

• Mo
    mommatee Feb 12, 2009

yes i would like to know to i've cancled and they still charged my account it also costed me extra 35.00 overdraft what do you do about that

• Mi
    mink Feb 15, 2009

This just happened to us, two charges for 19.95 plus an over limit fee. We had never heard of Valuemax until this happened. We are trying to get the cradit card company to remove the charges.

Resolved Value max$19.95

I was charged $19.95 on my checking account for a service that a never asked for.So I called the number that my bank gave me [protected] it for a company named value max, they said that they where sorry and that it was going to be credit to my bamk account, so far its been a week I still havent got that credit.If you also been charged your not alone.

Value max — Unauthorized charges to my checking account