Riddex PlusThey're a joke

I got Riddex plus to get rid of bugs in my apartment, 2 months now and the bugs are still around. Now I have to smell the fumes of the spray. A company should not be allowed to sell a product without science proof about their claims. Instead of paid off statements from who knows who. I went to the site I paid to get the product to file a claim, there is no where to file one, tried to complain about this product to the 1-800 number I am told this number is for only ordering the product. I told them what I thought about the product anyway.

Mavi Apr 16, 2008

Don't be a victim of Riddex Plus. I ordered the product on their website and was charged more than I wanted to order. They don't have an option to make any changes in their website to correct your order. Now after days of calling CS to cancel the order before it was shipped, they still shipped my order and when I complained they only gave me the unit price without the S/H fee. You do not want the hassle to get products from them. You can call their headquarters if you want to complain [protected] or send a complain to this address DRG - Riddex Plus 17250 Dallas Parkway Dallas, TX 75248 but believe me they don't care what you have to say after they get your money. I reported this to the BBB and they did not reply to any of their questions. Take it from me ...Save yourself the headache and let it be known to others about how they mislead customers.

• Bs
    B S Jun 16, 2008

Riddex Plus is not a spray. It is an electrical device that plugs into your household socket. While it may work, (I have used Pest Offense for several years and it works really well) Dynamic Response Group-Riddex Plus is charging way too much for S/H. I just ordered Riddex Plus (2 sets) and was only told S/H was $8.99 per unit. Since they were being sold 2 at a time - that would be $8.99 for two you'd think. BUT NO ! Since I ordered two sets, I was charged $8.99 per device (4) for a total of $35.80 just for S/H!! When I called, they were willing to deduced only $17.50 from the $95.70 bill.

The product I received from Riddex Plus was made in China, was marked with a company in Florida, has an address in Van Neys, CA and two more addresses in Texas!! Yeah, try to pin them down!

I recommend you go to a hardward store and see if they carry something else. Don't get the sonic or ultra-sonic product. They might work in an empty room but don't work otherwise.

Not a happy camper!

• Wl
    wl Jul 09, 2008

Report them to the Better Business Bureau.

• Gr
    Grrrr Jul 10, 2008

I just got mine in the mail today :(
    I should've researched first
    *tear*

• Wo
    WOLFIE29577 Aug 21, 2008

They want us to believe it will work on bugs and mice yet they can not even provide a list of what insects it will and won't work on.

• Fr
    frank Sep 01, 2008

I have Riddex Plus for some time now. I got it in winter and could not confirm whether it works. It does not work. I have roaches and mice evertime I turn on the lights. The unit that drives away pests attracts them. Roaches are always hiding behind the Riddex Plus unit. The Unit does not work. They are making tons of money through postage and ripping the consumer.

• Ge
    George Turner Sep 06, 2008

I have 2 riddex plus units plugged in a 2 bedroom apartment. I still see bugs. Don't waste your money, keep spraying, you will have better results.

• As
    Ashley Oct 10, 2008

Reddix Plus is a bogus company. I tried to order Riddex Plus some time ago. I made the purchase over the phone to get two units for the price of one. I even asked to have them rushed delivered from 7-10 weeks to 3-4 weeks. Yes. I agree that the shipping and handling price is rediculous, and for that matter, so is the rush delivery price. I gave in my credit card information and I didn't even get a confirmation number. So I called the customer service line to see if I could get a confirmation number. The guy hung up on me after asking me my name and address. I'm like "WOW!". I called back and I got a machine. I called back about 6 days later to follow up with my order. I finally got a human being on the line. I asked them if my order was processed, and that I wanted a confirmation number. They look up my information only to tell me that my order hasn't been processed yet. So they are sitting there holding my money but they haven't processed my order yet. I told them, just go ahead and cancel my order because I didn't get any good vibes from them. Now, I come across this website and see other people's comments. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that product since so many say it doesn't work anyways...

• Cd
    C. Davis Oct 16, 2008

I purchased riddexplus. It advertised you could plug another socket into the it to avoid loosing a socket. I came on line to put a complaint in that I don't have that extra socket and saw the other complaints. I feel I have been ripped of also. How can this company continue to get away with fraud? Where is consummer protection laws? Let us all complain to 60 minutes for an investagtion.

• Re
    red Oct 23, 2008

I got riddex plus to get rid of bugs in my apartment, 4 months now and the bugs are still around, and i have way more of them. a company should not be allowd to sell bad product like that.

• Fr
    frank Oct 24, 2008

I bought 2 units and they do not work. I installed one in the kitchen and it attracts roches instead of driving them away. Anytime I pull the unit from the A.C. outlet, I see lots of life roaches hiding between the unit and the outlet. It is a scam. Unit does not work. I want ot return the units but do not know where to send them. Does anyone how to contact the manufacturer?

• Be
    ben Oct 24, 2008

Im glad i did my research first.

• Ve
    Verlin Oct 28, 2008

Someone should probaby put this in front of a class action lawyer. Perhaps the company would then at least accept returns if not be put out of business.

• To
    Tom Oct 29, 2008

Well, to be fair, you all saw the shi**y infomercial complete with computerized and prop bugs, and STILL decided to buy this cra**y product. Let the records show that you all got duped. get over it, cut your losses and let this be a lesson to you all.

Matt Nov 02, 2008

So annoying to have to deal with companies like this. I too should have researched first but now just have to cancel my order I did online. After seeing the ridiculous final price they give you where the shipping is doubled per unit I realized it was not worth it and would find something else which I already did. I did not press the button that said "confirm order and get receipt" and tried to click on "remove product" but it would not let me. I was forced to click out of the website and just hope the product wasn't ordered since I never officially "confirmed" my order. Yet I still received an e-mail stating my "order has been received and is being processed." Lame. I got two similar plug-in devices for less than 20 bucks so now just have to deal with their customer service when the weekend ends. My card better not be charged for this I already see the transaction pending. Not worth 51.80 for 2 devices when they say one of them is "free." What a joke.

• Le
    LeeGirl Nov 04, 2008

Darn. I wish I had done my homework first. I am just feeling so desperate. I'm in a newly constructed home, but back up to a field. I think I'm infested and the smell when they die makes me sick to my stomach. Their droppings are everywhere. Are there any other solutions out there?

• Fa
    FADI Nov 07, 2008

If tat is trow what we shold do abaut the rats and cocr"
    I am from asia but it stel my broblem like you > please advaise buy or not iddex prodect

• Pr
    PRISS Nov 07, 2008

CANCELLED PRODUCT ON 7/28/2008 AN STILL HAVE NOT RECIEVED A REFUND, I HAVE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES TO RETRIEVE MY MONEY EVERY TIME IT IS A DIFFERENT STORY FIRST I NEED TO WAIT 8 TO 10 BUS DAYS THEN THAT PASSED AND THEN 30 BUSS DAY AND SO ON. THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!!!

• Eo
    EOB Nov 17, 2008

Thanks for the info here. I had tried their phone which I got at prelude to CNN News time.That did not work. It was disconnected. But thank you all for the info here, I called them today at [protected] to cancel my order doen over the phone. A pleasant lady graciously agreed to my request and promised my whole money will be refunded to my account in 48 hours.

• Ci
    Cindy Saetern Nov 22, 2008

WOW! I am so glad I came across this site. I just seen the commercial on the tv today and BOY am I glad i decided to do research and read reviews!

MARIBETH Nov 25, 2008

I was going to order this but thanks to these posts I will not. Does ANYONE know how to permanently get rid of these roaches!!! without spending $500.00 for pest control in house treatments?? My ex-daughter-in law's cousin brought them to me in a diaper bag. Probably 2 at the time and now there are THOUSANDS!!!. Walls..drawers...floors...cabinets...ETC!! HELP!!!

• La
    Lanabird Nov 26, 2008

I am so glad I read this too! I just saw this commercial and thought how great it sounded. This sounds like a rip off. You all who ordered this product and got ripped should report this to your news station. Fox does this investigative reporting thing where they find these kinds of business and exposes them!! The more people know the less business they get.

• Lo
    Lotta Nov 28, 2008

THE BLOODY ATTROCIOUS HIGHLY GRAPHIC and SINCKENIGN COMMERCIALS THAT THEY SHOW NEED TO BE STOPPED. OK,
    THEY NEED TO SHOW THE PRODUCT, BUT THERE IS NO NEED
    TO SHOW A NEST OF COCKROACHES. THIS IS A FILTHY ADVERTISEMENT
    IT NEED TO BE DRAMATICALLY CHANGED BY REMOVING THE POICTURES OF ROACHES.

• At
    atmman Nov 28, 2008

I've got THREE of these things plugged into a 1200 foot one level house. THEY DO NOT WORK! I've got just as many roaches now as I had before. I got three because their website uses force selling, asking you to buy or upgrade your order and before you know it, you've spent $100 or more. The ONLY way to get rid of roaches is with CHEMICALS!

Save your money, hire an exterminator!

• Na
    Nancy Jo Thompson Dec 01, 2008

I ordered on the internet, I looked at my final billing page before I pushed the confirm button and could easily calculate the S&H on each item. There were no surprises. I read complaints of all sorts. My neighbor told me about this product and she owned the older unit for over 2-3 yrs and it died. She now owns the new unit and feels that it is working well. She has neighbors with lots of mice and I am sure they have ordered the product as well. Was gold 4-6 wks. delivery. I was pleasantly surprised when my units arrived approximately 7-10 days. I have immediately plugged them in and feel hopeful from Diana's recommendations that they work. I am 62 and just do not have time to deal with mice or their destruction.

ana Dec 01, 2008

am glad i did reasher i had recomd this item to my parents for our house good thing i did reshearch first

• Fe
    fellissa Dec 15, 2008

Glad I went to the website because I was determined to have my sister and mother in-law order this product because both have roaches in their apartment.

I also know that roaches travel and I wanted to be safe that I didn't get them in my apartment (in the event bag was brought in to my place from their place)...

Now I will talk to them about the complaints I read online.

Thanks for review and research.

Not Good Dec 25, 2008

The building I live in is old and the landlord will not rid the building of vermin such as rats or mice and of course there are roaches and waterbugs. I live close to the incerator and another garbage room. There are tenants in the building who do not have any pests but, because of the landlord, and garbage areas, I and other tenants get the vermin and bugs. Last year I had a severe problem and spent money on traps, Riddex and the Mouse Mover. The problem was terrible and this year my family is suing the landlord for damages to artwork from the mice. Does Riddex work??... P.S. I recently saw a commercial saying winter is here etc., I wondered would they use the exact words they used last year! It was the exact, same dialogue with what do you think...actors i.e., saying Riddex makes me happy. Well, that makes me sick - what a ripoff!

• Al
    Alok Dec 26, 2008

Thanks everyone. I almost ordered it. Whew!!

Not Good Dec 27, 2008

Let's GET RID OF RIDDEX!!!

• Zi
    ziprat Dec 31, 2008

when I saw the commercial I knew it was fake. I don't believe a product That claims that they will send digital waves to scare the bugs away will work. especially since it is just a power plug and thats it. why doesn't the goverment create a law that says that they have to see if all the claims the company that is selling the product are true before the add is placed on tv.

sam davis Jan 02, 2009

I caught three mice 6 feet away from the Riddex Plus unit. We have two units in the house. Do not buy this product.

• Ti
    TINA Jan 13, 2009

I purchased a RIDDEX PLUS unit I heard from the TV ad that it gets rid of pesty mice, rats and roaches. So we purchased the RIDDEX PLUS unit because we had a problem with waterbugs. I have moved the unit device from 1 room to another and still I see waterbugs. Matter of fact, they seem to bring other waterbugs with them . The only thing I can do now is buy a brand name incesticide. So I am back to sweeping up dead bugs. I also wish I would have done some research on this product before I bought into it. I am glad I only purchased 1. Oh by the way, the waterbugs love the night light...

• Np
    N. Pharro Jan 17, 2009

I saw the advertisements and decided to see if there were any complaints associated with this product. Man am I glad I found all these complaints before I called these shisters to order. I'm sorry people are having so many problems getting refunds, but I'm glad I saved myself some money. Good luck to all of those who have this product with getting your refunds. Thanks for the information.

• Tf
    tfras Jan 17, 2009

false advertising - product doesnt work

• Pa
    Pandora Jan 18, 2009

These are the real people responsible for Riddex details and Florida address. I'm sure you will have more chance of getting listened to if you contact these people.

Rice, Melissa
    Brief Biography

Melissa K. Rice is a director and Chief Executive Officer since April 2007. She has an extensive background in business and is also licensed to practice

law in Florida. Ms. Rice has been practicing attorney specializing in securities regulations and corporate transactions, assisting emerging companies in

debt and equity financing, as well as providing general corporate governance advice to emerging companies from October 2000 to the present. Ms. Rice

earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from the University of Tampa, a Juris Doctor degree from Stetson School of Law in St. Petersburg,

Florida and a Masters of Business Administration from Stetson University in Deland, Florida.

Rolle, Reno
    Brief Biography

Mr. Reno R. Rolle is Director of Dynamic Response Group Inc. Mr. Rolle is the CEO of Red Rock Pictures, Inc., President of Synergy I.P. Group, LLC and

inventor of the “Spin Fryer” a product currently licensed by Synergy I.P. Group, LLC to the Company for manufacturing, marketing and distribution. Mr.

Rolle was previously CEO for Shop America USA which specialized in direct response television and infomercial marketing. Mr. Rolle was also a founding

principal of the National Lampoon Acquisition Group, LLC an investment group that acquired the “National Lampoon” brand. Mr. Rolle founded National

Lampoon Home Entertainment in 2002 to produce and distribute National Lampoon branded DVDs. Between 1997 and 2001 Mr. Rolle was the co-founder, Chairman

and CEO of Synergy Worldwide, Inc., a product engineering, design and marketing company. From 1994 to 1997 Mr. Rolle was a co-founder of HSN Direct, a

direct response television joint venture with Home Shopping Network, Inc.

DRG’s markets products, including ProCede, Riddex Plus, Legends of Soul and The Official NASCAR Members Club. ProCede is a hair thickening treatment

system for men with thinning hair. Riddex Plus is an electronic pest control product that incorporates Digital Pulse Technology, to create an irritating

environment for pests inside walls, chasing them away from houses while preventing future pests from entering. Legends of Soul is a DVD and CD series of

current concerts of classic soul artists. The initial offering is for 10 artists. The Official NASCAR Members Club is a bundled package of the NASCAR

membership and select merchandise offered direct-to-consumers via outbound sales calls. DRG has several other products that are in the development and

testing stages. They include products, such as Turbo Cooker, Sydney Ledson Institute, New Credit Software and several exercise equipment projects and

cookware items.

ROI(TTM) -- 3.13
    ROE(TTM) -- 4.54
    More Ratios...
    Estimates
    No consensus estimates data available.

Estimates | Recommendations
    Financials
    Total Revenue $9.66M
    Net Income $-0.12M
    EPS $-0.00

Income Statement | Balance Sheet | Cash Flow

• Ra
    Randy Wilbanks Jan 21, 2009

Ripped off with hidden shipping and handling charges. DO NOT PURCHASE. Even if returned will still charge your acount shipping and handling fee.

• St
    star Jan 25, 2009

I am so glad that I did my research on companies. I wondering which was the best Riddex or Pest Offense products. You guys help to make a better choice. Also, the people with roach problems I found out by doing research that you could use, bleach, bathroom comet spray, Pinesol, Boric Acid and other household cleaning products. You can also use hairspray. You can use household cleaning liquid and make it out of a spray. A suggesting, get rid of of boxes and place your items in something that is secured. Get rid of all trash and don't leave in your house overnight. Put bleach in your water. Roach don't like it. Clean all surfaces, crumbs and juices, water spills up.
    Notes: When liquid are around they drink or bath in it to get there body moist. The roach breath under it body so by using the cleaning product the roaches can not breath and dies. Roach spray dries out their bodies on contact. that why it dies quick. Don't give up and I hope this helps everybody.

• Jr
    jrsemom Jan 27, 2009

Wow, so glad I researched first. Thanks everyone. So how do I get rid of stink bugs and box elder beetles?

• Si
    SilentXero Jan 30, 2009

I got one 5 years ago. I received additional unwanted scam brocheures (free vactions...for only $2000.00...). A few weeks after plugging Riddex in, a spider made it's home right next to it in the corner!!!