Rheem Manufacturing Companyrheem warranty for gas water heater

F Nov 04, 2019

On February 27, 2018, I purchased a Rheem hot water gas heater, serial numbQ111730778, at Home Depot. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well because it has been making popping, gurgling and crackling noises. I am disappointed because I reported the problem to you for assistance (case number (1649115), you sent a plumber (Central Plumbing, Inc.) and the problem was misdiagnosed a sediment due to poor water quality. The plumber with Central Plumbing said the remedy was to flush the hot water heater. At that point, I knew his diagnosis was incorrect because another licensed plumber had done that prior to his visit to no avail. The problem persisted. Actually, the licensed plumber diagnosed the heater as defective. When I explained this to the plumber with Central, he then modified his diagnosis to a possible break in the city's water line that caused sediment to accumulate; however he had no proof. Again, another ridiculous explanation to avoid it being an issue covered by the warranty. Furthermore, I have a second water heater in my home, and this is not happening with my other heater.

The Central plumber next explained I would be billed because sediment is not covered under the Rheem warranty, and if I refused to pay, my warranty would be canceled. I responded that Rheem did not state this to me. It was my understanding this service call was part of my warranty, and I was not paying. I noted this on the receipt.

Furthermore, when I initially reported this problem to Rheem, I was led to believe you were a good corporate citizen and operated in good faith.; you would honor the warranty by repairing or replacing the heater to my satisfaction versus sending a company that is obviously in the business of scamming people and nullifying their warranties.

To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your replacing the defective water heater. Attached are copies of my records - receipts, model and serial number.

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait three (3) days from the date of this correspondence before seeking help from a consumer protection agency and/or the Better Business Bureau.

Rheem Manufacturing Company