Winferno Complaints & Reviews

WinfernoWill not uninstall from my computer

Like several consumers I too am Not able to uninstall Winferno Software. In my programs, when I click to unistall, it states program not uninstallable (??) . Searches through the computer files come up empty; the only thing found was the desktop shortcut. Since this downloaded ...somehow... my computer is slow, freezes up and my server often can not be found. If anyone has a success story as to how they were able to remove the software I would love to know. ALSO, "Rebate informer" seems to be software that tagged along with this; same problem. ** I would appreciate it if no profanity please **

WinfernoWaste of money

I purchased Winferno computer security 2 1/2 week's ago.And it hasin't done anything. nothing to help me!I cannot recieve E-mail.or send E-mail.This is my life.the Internet is still on line except for my mail.And IVE recieved more viruses, if you cant comply give me my money back. My license #[protected]-

[protected] . the only reason I purchased this is for security, and protection from viruses. And my computer has got worse, My E-mail died 5 days ago.

WinfernoScam

This is not a review, more like a complaint much like others that I have read on this site. Me like other people, getting a product that I use a lot and have done for a number of years, my computer crashes and when you try to re-download after logging in, you get a message that you have to pay yet again to re-install a product that you have already paid for. RIPPED - OFF and PISSED OFF to say the least. Will be using Firefox in future, at least it is free, and nearly (but not quite) as good as this program.

WinfernoUnauthorized charges

I signed up for Norton on Sept 4, 2008. The cost was $69.99. We could not get it to download so I went with another antivirus and requested that I not be charged for something that I did not get. I have it on my Visa card and do not want to pay for product not rendered. I am calling Visa and telling them that I am taking $69.99 off my bill. I have used Norton before and might again.

• Sh
    Sharron Dec 02, 2008

I am not shocked. Their 20.00 rebate check to me bounced. Good luck!

• Ri
    rick May 13, 2009

I also bought an ANTI VIRUS by W I N F E R N O...for $99.00... I then had problems with My BRAND NEW COMPUTER ...I took it to BEST BUY and they said that WINFERNO did not install an ANTI-VIRUS...They installed a VIRUS instead...They said it is NOT a LEGITIMATE COMPANY...I THEN HAD TO HAVE CREDIT CARD SHUT OFF...

• Ku
    Kulbate Dec 09, 2010

I just noticed that the name of the software was not made available because I thought the type of website would show it in the review. The name of the software that you must not purchase is "Registry Power Cleaner" and they will offer you a free scan. Stay away I tell you, they don't have the trained techs to back it up if something goes wrong with the installation!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices