Newport Cigarettes Complaints & Reviews

Newport Cigarettesmenthol 100 cigarettes

The last few packs of Newport 100 menthols I've purchased have been stale/half empty of tobacco. If I don't pack the cigarettes they are so loose that a lot of the tobacco just falls out of the cigarette. If I do pack them I have about a half inch of paper at the end of my cigarette and down by the filter the cigarette bends and they break easily. Plus they are almost stale and taste funny as soon as I open the pack. As much as these cigarettes cost I would expect to have a fresh cigarette that is full of tobacco, not this loose, stale version of a Newport...what happened here? Am I the only one that has noticed this, am I just being picky? Or has the quality of Newport cigarettes drastically declined lately?

• Mi
    Mike Scalf Nov 28, 2018

I've actually noticed the same exact thing myself. The cigarettes taste horrible. Newport 100's are the number one sold cigarette at the gas station I purchase purchase from so old stock is not the problem. As I complained to the manager of the gas station several other folks said they to have noticed a stale cigarette flavor as well. I pay close to $9 per pack and expect a fresh cigarette.

• De
    Dennisbonvi Oct 07, 2019

I'm getting ot of stale packs lately. Not just you. As much as I'd hate to change manufacturers they may leave me no other choice.

Newport Cigarettescigarettes

I bought a carton of cigarettes for $68.00 to open them and every cigarette in every pack was stale and I had to throw the entire carton away... I've been smoking newports for 20 plus years and im really pissed and disappointed because the cashier wouldn't even give me another carton... The cashier had the audacity to suggest that I try another brand or stop smoking... Newport is the smoothest menthol cigarette I have ever had and im a valued customer but I would hate to have to switch brands... Can newport resolve this issue

Newport Cigarettescigarettes was not seal tobacco was falling out

5/26/18 open pack and taken out a cigarette and the tobacco just fail out so I took out another cigarette out of the pack and the same thing happen, the whole pack was like that. I have taken a picture so you can see just what I am talking about, It was as if they only put the tobacco at the beginning of the cigarette, I have taken the pack back to the store but they don't do refunds after you have left the store due to safety issues so I was just out of luck, Cigarettes cost too much for stuff to be happening like this. I am very disappointed in the Newport cigarette company. I really deserve a refund for the cigarettes I didn't have a chance to even smoke.

Ms. Davenport [protected]

cigarettes was not seal tobacco was falling out

• Updated by Angie Davenport · May 26, 2018

I posted the wrong phone number 517-253-7921

Newport Cigarettesthey were stale

I am a smoker and I went to buy a pack of Newport cigarettes and they were stale. I went back to the store where I bought them and explain to the owner and he refuses to give me another pack. How can I get my money back or give another pack of cigarettes? How can this stores sell stale cigarette to people that have to spend so much money on cig. I pay $13.00 a pack and I'm not a proble person to I just walk away. Thats why I decided to file a compliant. Can't someone help me and replace those stale cig.

• He
    hea heat Jul 21, 2018

Quick smoking lmao foreal

Newport Cigarettesstale cigarettes

I've been smoking newports for well over 5 years. A few days ago I went to buy my weekly carton down at the Mobil on Congress street in Portland Maine. They're a little pricey, but the only place open at the time. When I opened the first pack they were stale and had tiny rips in the paper. So I opened another and had the same issue. The whole carton was stale (believe me I know the difference). They clerk told me to take it up with corporate but they won't reemberce me. As a faithful customer I am disappointed

Newport Cigarettesthere claiming giving me 7 free cigarettes carton

I've tried to apply three times or more for the free cigarette thing that they're giving away and it said I I qualify for each time it is never let me finish nor get what I was supposed to have no I am embarrassed because of the stuff that I sent people and it's not working and it's what they wanted us to do is send it to 15 people and I did multiple times and I got screwed over they should not be posting seven three cartons of cigarettes and it don't work I feel that actually gives us seven free cartons of cigarettes to the people that they screwed over people on

• Vi
    Vickie Torres-Figueroa Mar 26, 2018

I am a smoker and I went to buy a pack of Newport cigarettes and they were stale. I went back to the store where i bought them and explain to the owner and he refuses to give me another pack. How can I get my money back or give another pack of cigarettes?How can this stores sell stale cigarette to people that have to spend so much money on cig. I pay $13.00 a pack and I’m not a proble person to I just walk away .Thats why I decided to file a compliant. Can’t someone help me and replace those stale cig.

Newport CigarettesI got a survey to fill out for free carton and i did all the steps and it never registered me.

Got a survey for free carton for Newports anniversary sent to friends like steps said too filled out other steps nd nothing registered. I been smoking Newports for 20 years now. Im upset that if that was a fake ad for Newports i will spread the word in many ways. Please look into my registering for this anniversary give away. Please. Thank you. My email address is .A.M.[protected]@gmail.com

Newport Cigarettesfaulty filters

Filters on ciggarettes are less than satisfactory. Not burning properly... Tabacco is missing from ciggarettes. This has only recently been a problem. My partner and I are faithful newport smokers and have been for over 15.. Please make this right.

• Le
    LEANN KELLEY Jul 13, 2013

MY NAME IS LEANN KELLEY, I HAVE BEEN A NEWPORT SMOKER FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS. BUT NOW I AM GETTING THEM AND THE CIGARETTE FILTER IS FALLING OFF AND IT MAKES IT WHERE I CANNOT SMOKE IT AND IT HAS BEEN THE LAST TWO PACKS I HAVE BOUGHT. IT SEEMS I HAVE NOONE I CAN CALL ABOUT THE PROBLEM.. MY ADDRESS IS 1308 MONTREAT DRIVE ATHENS ALABAMA. I HAVE A TELEPHONE NUMBER WHICH I 1-256-262-9041. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL. I HAVE ENJOYED MY CIGARETTE BRAND, MY HUSBAND AS WELL, BUT IF WE CONTINUE TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM WE R GONNA HAVE TO CHANGE BRANDS.. THANKS ALOT, LEANN KELLEY

johnsheina May 30, 2016

Have had this same problem.. And with rhem being stale.. I smoke newpot 100s menthol, i love my newports and have for over 10 years but i hate smoking stale ones. I can be reached at 5173923010 i would very much like to be reimbursed for the last 3 packs ive gotten that were stale also please.. Or [email protected] Thank you john caudill

Newport Cigarettesno number and no tobacco or filter

I bought a pack of newport shorts (cigarettes) and i've smoked a couple. I went to get a cigarette out of my pack and I found a cigarette pack with no filter and a couple of strands of tobacco in it. I was upset to find this in my pack. I paid for 20 cigarettes not 19 and a piece of paper! I decided to call the newport cigarette company to complain... But what I found was that newport does not have their number on the box nor can you find their number on the internet. When I actually came across the newport official website I could not access it because I am under the age of 21. What sense does that make? As long as I am 18 years or old I can buy the cigarettes but I can't access a damn website!!! This pissed me off! I have been smoking newport cigarettes for a couple years now and I haven't had any problem with them until now.in one day I find 5 things wrong with my brand of choice! If anyone can help me out and find the newport cigarettes phone number for me to which I can complain this would help me out a lot!

• Po
    pobarjenkins Oct 15, 2010

They're intruding on your right to get lung cancer!

• Lo
    Loren Tweedy Oct 15, 2010

It's my choice to keep smoking or to quit. I didn't ask for your opinion on if I should quit or not!

• Bi
    bigdickbandit420 Nov 17, 2010

Ok I bout a pack of 100s and there was only 6 in there isn't that bull when I grabed it off the counter it felt light n I heard the cigs like move so I was like there is not 20 the duds said open it n there was six I got another pack instead and the same pack 4 free but that's still bull

• Sh
    shermie74 Feb 21, 2011

I had a similar problem, the tobacco was in the cigarette but the filter just pulled right out - here is what i found to contact Product Questions

If you have questions or comments about one of our products, please direct those inquiries to:

Customer Relations
    Lorillard, Inc.
    P.O. Box 21688
    Greensboro, NC 27420

Or call us on our toll free line at 1-877-703-0386 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST. Customer queries are taken by mail and through our toll-free number only.

• Te
    TexasKenny Jun 24, 2014

Yeah I'm from tx too and we don't give a f**k about what people think we should do we care about what people do when we pay them are hard earned government taxed money

• Ms
    MsOdom Jun 28, 2015

I have no complaint
    I just wanted to know if at any point does plan on creating a vapor. I think it would be an AMAZING idea.

• Ki
    Kimitiswhatitis King Oct 29, 2015

I did everything and it didnt give me no free online with Facebook. My fb page is kimitiswhatitisking

• Al
    Allykatt Apr 14, 2017

I hot some knock off newports for real. They taste like a non menthil cig to me. Every pavk i have bought iis like that and bent in tge middle!!! Im so itmrritated with newport right now and when i call the number it hangs up on me

Newport Cigarettes — stale cigarettes

i have been smokin newports since i was 16 i am now 31 i have never had a problem til today i went to the ga...

Newport Cigarettes — causing illness

What a rude awakening to be a smoker for years and then one day cigarettes are no longer the same. They smell...

Newport Cigarettesdurrability

hi my name is brian, i have benn purchaseing newports for about a year now and im just fed up with the box stateing crush proof box. but every day i go to work or is with friends/family the box and cigarettes get crushed and ruined. i just wanted to know why a box of cigarettes states crush proof when they just get ruined anyway. i am just disgusted. i will not be purchasing newport cigarettes any more, thank you.

• Jh
    jhattey Sep 01, 2009

I have the same problem on top of the last about 12 packs I have bought the ciggs keep burning out and I have to keep relighting them. I can not find a number any place to call them and complain

• Es
    e.squared Mar 21, 2011

It's state law now that all cigarettes need to "burn out" if you don't puff on them to stop fires and such when people fall asleep with cigarettes. The only problem is, for smokers like me who don't puff hard and smoke slow, we do have to light our cigarettes again. And relighting cigarettes makes the cigarette stronger and more potant to create cancer. But hey, it stopped me from burning holes in my clothes once or twice.

• Di
    dianne fucci Jul 01, 2011

i just started for the past 6 mo buying newport non menthol...i switched from another brand. i found out that they are cheaper but they are not good. when i want to put them out before finishing they bend. they are not packed tight no matter what i pound. i will not be buying them any more. i rather pay the extra dollar for marlboro. i feel like i got cheated. ...you try to put them out and they bend. cant even put em out. you need to pack em tighter. ...like i said ...im switching back to marlboro...newport red stinks.

Newport Cigaretteswould not sell me any cigarettes!

I work 1/2 mile from the store located at the intersection at shelby drive and getwell. I work for johnstone supply located at 4065 pilot, memphis, tn. I have been doing business with this store for the past 2 years and have never seen anything like this before.

On Monday 5-21-07 at approximately 7:45 a.m my son an i stopped for some newport cigarettes which happened to be on sale these past few weeks. My son went into the store to buy me a pack of newport. Not realizing he did not have his id with him this day he came back to the car and explained to me what happened. I then went inside to purchase the newports. The lady (eloise) behind the counter told the lady whom was waiting on me that they weren't going to sell the cigarettes to me. I ask what was going on? She said she saw me get out of the car that my son had just gotten into and that they couldn't by law sell me what i ask for. I said these cigarettes were for me and had nothing to do with my son. She absolutely was very rude. She mentioned something about a two party something by law.

I need to know why was there such a reason i was treated this way. It cost me time and money for her actions. I feel someone needs to give me a just cause as to what this was all about! I've always bought my gas and other items from exxon here.

Please explain to me why i was treated this way.

• Sw
    swahili Feb 22, 2011

i bought a cartton of steal cigarettes and the store would'nt give me my money back. all want is my money or more cigarettes.

• Ca
    carlos roman Apr 05, 2015

ok my name is carlos roman . I live in 321 vistamar Carolina puertorico 00983.
    I love your product even defended u at times . I brought a pack of new ports from the gas station where I live .
    STALE . opening the box 9 ciggretts broke so I took it like no problem . 9 ok .
    I smoke 1 hospital I was sent to. what the hell was in that ? it was green Tabaco like I understand stale but green .
    so piss not only that sometimes I buy a pack and not stale or nothing like this green thing in the Tabaco .
    is this how u make us happy . now to get to the story I called a lawyer I know that cancer rumour but why was my Tabaco green ?.
    I got sick I luv u guys so I wont sue even with the hospital thing . so I called . the people there so rude they told me then stop smokeing .really?. should they also tell me what time to go to bed to.
    I don't want to sue but all my aldut pleasures arernt there concern I went to store to show them they told me that's how they come .
    are you serious ?. as much as I gave to you I got that hat the cup really .

• Yb
    ybsingle Apr 05, 2015

yes ok my name is carlos roman . I live in 321 vistamar Carolina puertorico 00983.
    STALE . opening the box 9 ciggretts broke so I took it like no problem . 9 ok .
    are you serious ?. as much as I gave to you I got that hat the cup really .

Johnson1300 Oct 22, 2018

I bought a box of Newports and there was blood all over the filter. I'm very disappointed in this company. I've never experienced this problem. I will now change the brand of tobacco products I use. If this doesn't get resolved it could cause more problems in the near future. I really need to speak with someone in regard to thus matter.

• Re
    Renae H Peoples Nov 14, 2018

I bought a pack of cigarettes and the filter has a hole like something was stuck in it

• Er
    Erichy Jan 22, 2019

I have smoked newport's for 20 years and have always been happy with the product. I bought a carton at a local to me gas station. There were broken cigarettes in random pack. I'm sure they were not damaged on purpose. I just thought you should know. The gas station suggested to contact you

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices