Wheel Works Complaints & Reviews

Wheel Worksrefused to honor tire rotation w/oil change

went to do my regular oil change to include free tire rotation, since I purchased the tire Jan 2011, the new employee James Flores, refused to do the tire rotation unless I purchased new tires, he would not tell me what year I purchased the tired had to come home and call in, this is poor business to arm wrestle a lady simply because she is a woman and refuse to do the free tire rotation unless I purchase new tires, this is like a mafia...Nin Herrera [protected]

• Mk
    MkStItCh May 04, 2015

It sounds like you wanted the free tire rotation because you bought the tires in Jan 2011...
    I work in a auto shop and we offer free rotations if you buy the tires from us but only for 50, 000 miles or 4 years (Whichever comes first). I always look at this as a industry standard and you are past that point.
    Maybe you misunderstood what he was trying to tell you???

Resolved Wheel WorksPut my life in Danger

I gave my Chrysler, Town and Country van to Wheel Works at 18522 Prospect Rd, Saratoga, CA for repairs on June 8, 2013. The problem was that the coolant leaked when the AC was running. The car was in perfect driveable condition and I had no problems driving it with or without the AC.
In the evening of June 8, 2013, I was told the car had been repaired and I could pick it up. After I made the payment, I drove the car off about 1-2 blocks onto Lawrence Expressway, I noticed that the Heating signal went off. The car was over heating to a complete 100% of heat. The gas gauge was completely full, I was in the middle of an Expressway and about 2-3 minutes driving distance from Wheel Works – a 5 minute walk. I immediately called Wheel Works and the call was answered by Marcello. I explained my predicament to him and asked him if he could send someone down to help me navigate the car back to the Wheel Works Repair Shop since I was just a few minutes away. Marcello seemed completely unconcerned that he had given me a defective car or that I was stuck in the middle of the road. He point blank refused to help – he claimed he had no one in the shop. He suggested I run the heater and drive the car back. My frantic pleas fell on deaf ears.

Now whether I heated the car or drove it without heating it over heated immediately. I had to drive the car about 2-3 miles since there was no ‘U’ Turn in close proximity. I constantly stopped the car in the middle of fast moving traffic and was afraid that either I would be hit by someone or the car would catch fire. If a wheel works mechanic could have helped me – I would have been able to navigate much more easily. It was very clear to me, at this point that the Wheel Works had not tested the car before giving it to us. I believe they did not also do a pressure test that they had claimed. They just replaced a pipe (which my husband had identified in the morning) without diagnosing the problem.
Once I managed to return to Wheel Works, I received no apology. Marcelo could not have a more callous attitude. He just did not care.
1) They did not test the car before returning it to me. They put me in unnecessary danger.
2) Marcelo had a completely don’t care attitude. He just did not care!!
I have honestly NEVER come across a person who was so unconcerned!!
3) There were several workers – ‘Aria’, ‘Hanh’ and about 3 more roaming around the shop, while Marcelo lied to me.
4) He continued to take orders from new customers on the phone while claiming that he had no workers.
5) He did not apologize for any of this.
I am truly shocked by this experience at Wheel Works – and am extremely pained by my experience.

• Bs
    BSRO social Jun 11, 2013

Hello,

This is Tom from the Wheel Works Corporate Offices. We have recieved your concerns at our Corporate Offices and a formal case has been created. As I have previously stated to you, the district will be in contact with you within 48 hours to help resolve your concerns. I apologize for your unfortunate experience and look forward to helping make things right.

-Tom
    [email protected]

• Yv
    Yvette Sunseri Aug 18, 2016

I too have had my life put in danger through wheel works. I got all four tires replaced two years ago (29, 000 miles ago). I paid $980 for them. They put the wrong size tire on my 2012 Chrysler 300s and it began shuddering when braking. I took it back to the Livermore, CA store and was told that it was not due to tires. Wrong! I paid for an alignment which also wasn't done and my driver side tire became bald quickly. I went to another store because I do not trust wheel works, and all four tires we faulty and breaking apart. See photos. I could have been killed! I hope corporate calls me so I can give them a piece of my mind and that they put my life and my children's life in danger!!!

Yvette Sunseri
    925-337-4574

Comments

Resolved Wheel WorksFraud

Wheel WorksCustomer service, rude, fraud

Had 4 new tires and alignment done. Had them rotated a couple times and alignment checked supposedly 6 months later. It was never performed on machine they did visual by tire wear. Six moths later and 10, 000 miles later front tires were bald on the inside. Paid for two. We tires and alignment again. They put new tires on rear and said they did the alignment. One month later front tires are balding again on inside. Also balance was off causing vibration. Brought it back as soon as I had time and wanted to redo balance and rotate tires. Salesman Gus refused to rotate the tires unless I purchase another set. As the customer I don't want to spend anymore money at this rip off place and want them to be rotated for even wear. Gus refused! The gentleman named George was nice and tried to fix problem after I was to pissed to talk to Gus and the time where they replaced two tires and realigned. I am very upset with the rudeness of Gus and this is my third and final time to ever use wheel works.

• Bu
    budgood Nov 26, 2012

I agree this is the worst business I have ever dealt with. George yea he's a piece of work. Belongs back in the garage, not dealing with the public. Ripped me off big time. Even tried to sneak $100 worth of warranties that were optional on my bill without telling me. I am still without a car now. In a rental because the tires they put on my car has made it unsafe. Did not give me a choice of replacement tires. Didn't even honor the original warranty, had to pay full price for new tires that were even on sale. Went back to tell them I wanted original tires and yea George denied it. Tires have a 30 day return but he will not honor it. Small claims he we come. Oh yea and a class action about adding optional warranty to bills without you saying so.

Resolved Wheel WorksFaulty Repair

On 2/23/09, I placed a phone call to wheel works at 5 skyline plaza, Daly city, ca 94014 to purchase 4 brand new tires. I spoke to Ronnie and made an appointment on 2/26/09 at 1:30pm to install the tires. On 2/26/09, at 1:30pm, I reported to Ronnie to have
new tires install for my 05 Toyota matrix. While the technician was installing the tires, another technician told me that we offer free alignment check. He told me that if we did an alignment check on my car and results come back ok, Wheel Works would not charge me anything. He also told me that if the results come back negative, then Wheel Works would charge me $85 for the alignment. I signed up for the alignment check. At about 4:30pm, technician told me my car is done. I picked up my car. Technician and manager told me that my alignment is way off. They charged me $84.89 for the alignment. I drove it about 5 blocks and noticed that the car moves to the left when it is moving and I have my steering wheel straight. I then returned the car to wheel works. I told my situation to the technician who did the alignment. I also told the manager that my car did not move to the left when moving and i have my steering wheel is straight before wheel works install the new tires and alignment. The technician took a ride with me. Technician noticed that the car moves to the left when it is moving and he has the steering wheel straight. Technician told me he would redo the alignment. I told the manager that I want refund of $85 on the alignment because before wheel works install the new tires and alignment, my car was fine. After wheel works worked on my car, the alignment is not straight. The manager refuses to give me a refund. After the 2nd alignment, I asked the technician for a report of the 2nd alignment so I can compare with the first alignment report. Technician refuses to give it to me. It is like they are hiding something. Technician drove the car and told me it is ok now. I drove about 10 blocks. My car still moves to the left when moving and i have my steering wheel straight. I called wheel works and told Ronnie of my situation. He told me to bring it back. I asked him if the new tires is making the car moves to the left when moving and i have the steering wheel is straight? Ronnie told me no. Ronnie told me that it is the alignment. I asked Ronnie that is there something wrong with the alignment machine? He said maybe. He said the alignment machine is up for recalibration. I feel that wheel works intentionally mess up my vehicle's alignment so they can charge me $84.89 for the alignment. Wheel works refused to give me the report for the 2nd alignment so I can compare with the report for the first alignment report. Wheel works messed up my alignment and cheated me $84.89. It is still not fixed. All the customers before me may have faulty alignment because of possible faulty alignment machine.

• Valerie Nov 13, 2007

Their inept technicians misdiagnosed a simple problem with my car and charged me for unnecessary repairs. Plus they routinely make you wait 4+ hours for very basic service. Their unfair business practices, inflated prices, and poor customer service should be avoided at all costs.

Jane Apr 14, 2009

Wheel Works at A Street in Antioch CA is not any better. Martini will tell you on the phone a full oil service tune up with Synthetic Brand at $24.99, but when you take your car to the store, the store Manager, Joe will tell you otherwise. On the phone, your car can be fixed right away if you bring in right away (Martini again), but when you get there it is at the least a two hour wait. Mechanics not only argue back at you when you ask them how long the work will take. Their response is always along the lines of and I quote Gus at the Antioch Wheel Works, "Well, I have been busy and have not had a chance to take a look at the manual and there are other people ahead of you." Prices may be cheap, but expect cheaper customer service. Each time I have had an oil change at this store, I've had to take the car back a month later because my time for service light comes on!

• Ro
    roxannesj Apr 19, 2016

They don't answer their phones and put you on hold forever - they say they stand behind their service but if you notice there is no way to complaint to corporate about service.!! No customer service or even way to complain

Wheel WorksRepair negligence and damage

On June 13th, 2008 I brought my 1982 Honda Silverwing to Steve Speake the proprietor of Wheel Works Motorcycle sales and repair business now located at 167 winters Drive; formerly 3752 North Nevada Avenue. The cycle has just over 22, 000 original miles and is in cherry condition. A few months back, the main engine gasket began leaking from the top end of the motor between the heads. It leaked only while running and a pretty steady flow. Steve said he could repair the bike by replacing the gaskets and gave me a completion date of about three weeks. After three weeks had passed, I called Steve to inquire about progress. Steve informed me that he was still waiting on parts which was understandable for an older bike. After another two weeks had passed I contacted Steve and received the same report. It wasn't until the second week in August that I inquired again by stopping in and talking with Steve. Steve informed me that his two suppliers are having a hard time getting the parts. I noted that steve became a little edgy with me. I told Steve that I understand and appreciated his effort. He allowed me to view my cycle up on the rack and torn down. I was becoming mildly concerned with how long it was taking to repair my cycle. It wasn't until about the middle of the tenth week that I called Steve for an update on the repair but no progress had been made. I told Steve that I had done some research on the parts he was waiting on and may be able to pick them up via the internet. I asked Steve if that would be okay and requested a parts list. Steve became somewhat unhinged with me. I simply stated to Steve that if I could find the parts that he has been waiting on all these weeks that it would be to our mutual benefit. Steve fired back that it would make him look bad! I realized then that Steve was more concerned about his reputation than his customer service! Steve assured me that he would take care of my cycle and hung up the phone. I did not contact Steve again. It wasn't until late September 3rd that I finally recieved a call from Steve Speake informing me that my bike was finished and that I could come and get it which I did. I paid Steve for his services and road my cycle home. The next morning I was alarmed when I noticed a small but significant puddle of oil under my bike. I began to examine it thoroughly to ascertain where the oil could be coming from. It was then that I noticed that the oil was not coming from a seal but a small crack in the motor housing adjacent to the drain plug. It was clear to me that the drain plug had been over torked and resulted in a crack in the motor housing. I waited for Wheel Works to open and road my cycle there. After what seemed like a long while, Steve finally came out to talk with me. I informed him that there is still a leak coming from my motor housing only from a different source and from the bottom of the motor. Steve tried to inform me that it is just a matter of re-torquing the motor bolts and that should take care of the leakage. I informed Steve that the leak was not originating from any seal but that there is a hair line crack in the motor housing next to the drain plug and that it was caused by over-torquing during the reassembly. This damage was done while the cycle was in Steves possession. I tried to get Steve to observe the crack in the motor casing but he refused. I asked Steve what he was going to do about it? Steve stood up and stepped back a few steps with his hands resting on top of his head and said "nothing". Steve's final statement to me was "Its an old bike, just ride it and enjoy it". Steve then abandon me with the damages that his establishment had caused to my motorcycle. I brought my motorcycle to Steve Speake to repair in good faith and some eleven weeks later and over $700 poorer; my bike is returned to me in worse shape than when I brought it to him! This kind of service is entirely ludicrous and completely unacceptable! Please do something about this injustice...

• Ww
    Wwcritic Nov 16, 2011

I used to be steves mechanic for a little over a year. Everytime I would wrapping up some work he would make me tear it down and do it his way. That does sound like Steve putting his hands on his head like that. He was the worst employer EVER and I was SOOO underpayed! Fighting with him many times and getting my pay weeks late. Steve leaves work to go drink booze at the local red Robyn or steak house, then coming back and closing up early. I now run my own shop and prob. Take more than half his clientele. Bring on the work people! Steve sucks a big one. Hope he is sued and goes outta business...