West Gate Resort Complaints & Reviews

West Gate ResortPlace families at risk by giving keys to rooms already occupied by other guest

WestGate Resorts places families atr risk by giving room keys to Rooms that are already occupied by other guest. My family booked our weekend stay we had a late arrival for 1 am we were checked in and given our room keys. We went to our suite and to our surprise when we went into the suite it was occupied by another family this was a nightmare for me and my kids to walk in on someone in the middle of the night. we hurried back to the front desk to advise them of what happen they Rep appologized and said that it has never happen before. We where then given a different room and escorted by security to the new suite only to be told by security Guard that this has happen a couple of times. I just wanted to make this compliants to avoid anything bad from happening to another family.

• In
    intellex58 Jul 19, 2011

Lets take all the employees at that resort out back and beat them with a wet noodle for making a mistake. Better yet we got our mistake free lord over here in Livingston perhaps he should cast the first stone seeing that he is perfect.

West Gate ResortScam

I purchase a deal from Westgate Resorts back in February. It cost me about 5000 dollars to get into this membership (8weeks) with your resort plus a leisure time passport membership.

After finally paying my last monthly payment, I received a welcome letter from your company and a leisure time passport number that entitles me to go anywhere in the world at a DISCONTED RATE.

Well, to my surprise, I went to your website and looked to see how many resorts you have and where can I spend time with my family to find you only have 28 resorts all around the US (Orlando, Miami, Branson, Robinsonville, Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg, Park City, and Williamsburg). I remember the day of our meeting, one of your sales reps pointed a big plate you had on the lobby, with David Siegel’s (billionaire) name on it. She said, that he was a founder of this amazing resort, club, etc.. so it gave some type of reassurance that you are picking a good company to do business with. Well to make story short, typical marketing scam. You are just using a big name to sell bad products.

What makes me angry is not only I need to pay $199 to continue the club, but also $500 every time I travel, and in top of that the $5000 that lets you become a member. It makes me upset to have overlooked this HORRIBLE DEAL, if you can call it like that.

And this is not all, I found that by searching for a deal in Expedia, Trip advisor, Hotwire, and some other companies, I get the same type of discount through your company that doing a regular search on the websites mentioned above. Take a look at my attachments.

I look to see if you offer better prices for Disney tickets and NO same price, I looked for hotels deals, NO same price, and I look for airline discount and NO same price. So what you are just doing is creating a portal through your website showing the same type of information. I mean I build websites for living; I could start doing this also and make people believe they are purchasing the deal of a life time, but you know what, I have a conscious.

So my regular search without haven’t wasted $5000 + $199 yearly +$500 every time I travel, would have better if I saved the money and do the search on my own.

To add to this AMAZING DEAL, the special deals that you have on the side, for Las Vegas, Bahamas, Cancun, etc. not to my surprise are about 10dollars discounted, I mean, WHY DID I PAY 5000 DOLLARS FOR. Your deals are no deals. In some cases the prices on my search were cheaper than your “mentioned discount” so please explain to me or if possible give me a refund for the money I spend, because up to this date it makes no sense to me why do you sell this horrible deal.

I am very, but very upset how I got tricked into buying this, as when I bought it you gave me the impression that I was going to receive 4 free weeks plus 4 weeks at discounted price.

I am trying to think how can I make this better and avoid thinking I wasted my money but there is no way of doing this. Trying to sell this weeks on Ebay or Craiglist is going to create more hassle, and this is something I shouldn’t even been considering but what other options do I have.

• Al
    Allandotdot Mar 29, 2011

I agree my wife got stuck in a high pressure sales pitch with a guy who circled all but what the actual and total payments were. westgates properties are with one exception, garbage. Planet hollywood towers was nice however but two sales meeting s and a few grand later it would have been les s hassle at a hotel. If you can deal with telling them to scratch, its ok, but they even pester people who already own their timeshares, for a minimum of sixty minutes. The nevada real estate board blows and they'd never get away with that stuff in good old ny.

I am a real estate agent in upstate ny and their agents actions are, frankly, reprehensible. I must say though the room and stay in las vegas was fantastic.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices