United Steel Buildings Complaints & Reviews

United Steel BuildingsFRAUD AND DECEPTION

Ordered a building from these clowns and Its been a ordeal the whole 14 months. The price they quote you is a starting price, seems to go up daily when your getting ready to buy. The salesman ( Richard ) called daliy to remind me to pay my deposit before the steel goes up or else its going to be more, tried to charge me sales tax, charged me extra money for steel and enginering because I wanted a couple of windows, later to find out the windows are field located and never got any extra steel to put in the windows. Delay after delay, excuses after excuses, unreturned phone calls and then It finally arrived ( only part of the building) 7 months later. They told be they would sent the rest of the building a week behind the first shipment. Well it's been 6 weeks now and after a dozen phone calls they told me maybe some more of it would be shipped out next week but couldn't be sure. They are rude on the phone ( it seems they are always in a meeting when I call and don't return phone calls ) when you do get threw to them and just give you the run around. They want your money right now and will remind you to lock in the stell prices but once they get the money your on your own. BEWARE OF THESE CLOWNS !!!

• Fr
      franksboy Nov 02, 2009

These guys have taken money from churches women with breast cancer and just plain good people. They desire what you can give them. Help them advertise with the IRS the IRS will give you you 10% of moneys taken in from an investagation Contact FBI ICU3
      unit. To mention ectical business is a front to the word ethical. They love their lawyer boy too! These guys came south to work in a state like FL. Flordia can not even hold an election so it draws this kind of individules and then turns their head. Keep calling say their names. Knute and Zimmerman real nice guys. IRS is the answer.

• Ni
      niceguy1 Oct 15, 2009

I am still waiting for my building. I wonder if they know anything about real engineering and engineering good practices in business.
      Their PE should enforce the code of ethics.
      I have many PE friends and colleagues that are rigid in their business ethical standards.

• Th
      The Viper Sep 14, 2009

I was a victim of fraud practices as well. These people ought to be shut down and put in jail. They stole thousands of dollars from me with deceptive contracts and smooth talking sales people. Beware of this company!!!

United Steel Buildings — This company is a RIP OFF!!!!

PLEASE do not send any of your money to this company!!! These people are a scam to take your money and so far...

United Steel BuildingsHarrassment

I completed the compan's on-line forms requesting a price quote. I received a voice-mail the very next day. I did not return the call. That first week, I received at least one, sometimes two, call per day every day. I started recognizing the 925 area code, and would just not answer. I got tired of listening to the phone ring and ring, so I set-up call forwarding directly to my voice mail.

By the second week, I started receiving 3 or 4 phone calls a day. By the third week, I was receiving 8 to 10 calls PER DAY. I got calls at 7:20AM, 7:24AM, 7:40AM, 8:05AM, etc., etc.

I started researching this company on-line, and found complaint after complaint. Stay away from this company at all costs.

• Fr
        Fred Buck Jul 23, 2010

I ordered a steel building from United Steel buildings, of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. the sent me a purchase order with building specifications with total price listed, asked for an $1, 800 deposit, then upped the price. They then refused to return my deposit.

sara772779 Jan 14, 2010

This exact thing happened to many a couple of years ago. The incoming calls were unbelievalbe and even after asking them to stop calling, they wouldn't. I would block the calls on my phone, but they used multiple numbers so it became impossible. I ended up filing a complaint with FTC for the harassment. Quite frankly, I was more pissed that they woke me up at 7 am every single day for weeks.

• Rm
        rmcspadden Sep 22, 2008

I had a complaint on this board about United Steel quoting us one price and then after 2 deposits, raising the price, not doing what they said, etc. and now my post is gone.

United Steel Buildingsvery rude bunch of folks,

was ordering a steel building and was offered a deal that seemed to good to be true, and a friend found many complaints about United Steel Buildings so he sent me the links to this site and others. I was offered what most places were selling for about $12K for $6500, they said some one had ordered it and then canceled the order. Then they said I would really be helping them out if I could take the 30X32 building rather then the 30X30 I was going to order. Once I found the list of complaints I emailed them to Mike my sales person, who responded that they were all put up by one unhappy customer, once I read all of the complaints and sent Mike a second link to these complaints the response was that their competitor was filing complaints and they they have thousands of satisfied customers. So not believing every thing I read, I asked if Mike would send a list of references in Georgia where I am located, copied below is their response:
      Mike
      Just got a response from his manager. We are not interested in doing
      business with you. The last thing we need is another quack from Georgia.

Mike Sparks
      United Steel Building, Inc.
      Phone: (888) 448.6963
      Fax: (954) 957.9352
      Web: www.UnitedSteelBuilding.com
      Email: [protected]@UnitedSteelBuilding.com
      I think, best case is that these folks are pretty inept at dealing with customers and probably at designing buildings as well, and the lack of a reference tells me they probably don't have many satisfied clients and I can guess some of them are in Georgia. The other concern about the management of this company is that they seem to have a prejudice for people in Georgia, and I am guessing every state they have ripped people off in, what's worse is that this poor manager does not know I am from Miami, FL. My final word, these guys are not the sharpest tools in the shed, and i would not want to stand in a building they have any thing to do with, with some luck they have not killed anything but their own business.

United Steel Buildings — blatantly mislead

When my husband and I were shopping around for a steel building, we already knew what we were looking for- a...

Jacksboro

United Steel BuildingsFraud / Steal your money

Takes your money you get 0000000 Nothing ask for Jack Rachlin he will teach you how to lose yor money

• Bu
            Burned in SC Mar 17, 2009

Also, file a complaint with the FTC(you can do this online).
            More importantly, file a criminal complaint with the Economic Crimes Division of the Ft. Lauderdale Police Dept.

• Bu
            Bunch's Collision Jan 07, 2009

I agree - if you have had problems with this company- you need to contact the Atty. General of Broward County and the Division of Consumer Services