United Bank Card Complaints & Reviews

United Bank CardProcessing

Bishop Consolidated hires employees for appointment setters. They give nonlegitiment contracts and have no professional contact information.
They hire work at home appointments setters as well i was one of them.
After my second week i got leary of the company and i wanted to find out about how i was getting paid. Cash, check, deposit? I sent several emails beside all the disconected numbers and filled up voicemail numbers they had. And i received no response. The only contact number I had was the trainer that trained me for an hour on a confrence call. After doing my own research i called an client that i set an appointment for to find out whats going on with this co. Finally I got a call back from the owner that I hadnt talked to at all . He cursed me for calling the client and hungup on me. They are scammers beware of there ads in employment guides. Look them up on [answers.buisness.com ]

• Yu
    yuval bennoun Jul 11, 2011

I used this company for 7 years for credit card terminal services. 2years ago i decided to switch the company to use US Bank credit card services. This company United Bank Card received over 20 written fax from us that we wish to stop the services but decided to ignore and kept charging my bank account, now since there were no credit card transaction, they should have charged only the $10 minimum, what they did was to charge $100 every month. I called the Bank and told them that this is a fraud company, we communicated many many times that we wish to close the account, so we put a hard block on this comany for the monthly amount, so what they did was to play and charge my bank whenever they want and for any amount they had in mind. I lost over $2000 because of this company for nothing!!! I endup closing my account to make them stop. So what do they do, they put a charge off on my credit history 3 months ago. Who ever deal with this company did the biggest mistake ever!!! Of course now i'll have to take them to court to get this charge off removed from my credit history and to get my money back. This is a pure Fraud company, they all should be in Jail and not doing business in U.S or any other place.

• Sh
    Shain94 Feb 15, 2012

I completely agree with the above. this is the worst company that I've the misfortune of dealing with in 20 years.
    We’re a 35 milliion dollar company and we’ve been with United Bank Card for 3 years. It’s been absolutely the worst experience for our company. These guys are terrible with the worst, rude customer service. Stay away. They have no interest in providing service. You will get reeled in with remarkably low rates only to find out that there are tons of hidden charges. And if you have any complaints, you will find there is no one on the other side to communicate with. Also watch the auto renewals. If you don’t cancel your account in writing within a certain window of time, then it will automatically renew and you will be responsible to pay the monthly fees. In 20 years of business, I have never had such a terrible experience. STAY AWAY and don’t be fooled.

United Bank CardScam - Referral Program

UBC promotes that they give a $50 referral payment when you send them a client. My wife and I had been with them for over 3 years. We sent them 3 new clients just over a year ago. I had to call and call and call for 13 months. I was told that our 3 $50 awards had been submitted. After being stoked by Glenn Gill for 7 months I finally got to spek to Phil Crofton after leaving him several messages over a 4 month period. He tells me that I had been told a long time ago that we weren't getting the $150 as promised. I told him that we were never told that but the oposite. His final words were "these accounts are not worth it for us to pay out on" and then hung up. We have since cancelled our account and have moved on.

Please also note that every time we call UBC there is a 10 to 20 hold. Upper managedment is very rude and do not treat their loyal customers with any kind of respect. UBC is not worth doing business with.

United Bank CardUnauthorized Charges on Bank Account

I signed up for UBC's credit card processing almost 3 years ago. I was selling jewelry at festivals that were often in places I couldn't use a terminal, and needed a way to process credit cards by cell phone. This was the only company I could find at the time who offered that service.

The salesman I spoke with assured me there would be no 'membership fees', that I could cancel the contract any time without penalty, and it would only cost me $8 per month, plus $3.95 optional fee for supplies. Oh, how I wish I had just bought a better cell phone with a web browser and used PayPal to process those transactions!

Two or three times a year for over two years they have snatched various amounts out of my checking account that I did not agree to. They caused my account to become overdrawn, then closed. Once the bank account was closed, I got threats of 'debt collection' and penalties for early termination of the contract so, like an idiot I gave them my new bank info. A couple of weeks ago they took another $87 and I can't reach anyone to try to get my $ back. I am contacting the Attorney General's Office in New Jersey.

If you are looking for a credit card processing company, use a blackberry and process on PayPal, it's less trouble and much cheaper.

• Mg
    MGStillions Jan 05, 2010

They are a rip off. We have ceased doing business with them and they continue to debit our accounts using different merchand ID's once we cut the others off. We are going to have to spend a fortune to change all our accounts to make sure they have no access to our banking.

United Bank Cardfalse debt to customer

after years of being threatened fees and hidden charges contract between united bank card and z gates handyman service expired the terma had been met and the time for renewal was rejected by z gates handyman service all debts were paid in full z gates gave notification of termination of partnership in writing in time span allowed return equipment I have the letter of notification to return equipment on 11-04-2008 shipped the equipment back on 11-10-2008 and now united bank card is claiming a debt of $230.00 two hundred and thirty dollars is being owed to united bank card a debt colletor has been assigned with bogus phone numbers the lines are always busy the mail box full and no one can be reached

crotondi Nov 02, 2009

United Bank Card (UBC) services over 100, 000 merchants, as a result UBC takes any customer service compliant regardless of origin seriously. Although the percentage of customer service issues that occur are miniscule when compared to the size of the entire customer base some issues are reported to external entities. United Bank Card will make every attempt to resolve these issues in an amicable fashion.
    If you are having an issue that you would like to handle in a professional and courteous manner please contact me using the contact information below. I am sure I will be able to help resolve any issue that you are having. Customer satisfaction is the highest priority at United Bank Card. Unfortunately based on the anonymous nature of the post we are unable to provide a rebuttal or work toward a resolution.

• Bj
    BJBKS Mar 19, 2013

I have tried to resolve my issues for 11 months to no avail. What I am told is that I signed up for you to be able to screw me out of 8000.00 and get no service in return. I was told today I can send the POS back and pay you a 250.00 cancellation fee and STILL PAY YOU THE 139.00 MONTHLY FOR 4 YEARS!!! The computers are not used! I never rang a single sale up because your people could never get it up and running long enough to work!! You were sending a support person( at my expense) to my business on March 4, never happened!! I am so disappointed in this whole operation. I spent an hour on the phone this morning and was promised a call back from a supervisor. I hope you will pardon me for not holding my breath, as I don't expect anything from UBC since that what I have received thus far. I will give you the fact that your employees are courteous and know their script well!!!

United Bank CardScam

Re: Unauthorized charges to our account. It came to my attention early in November 2007 that United Bank Card had withdrawn $25.00 on October 9, 2007 from our commercial account. There was no supporting documents in our October statement from you regarding this charge. I called United Bank Card customer service at [protected] regarding this charge and was shuffled around between departments until finally I got a rep named �Fanny� who after 20 minutes came up with an explanation that a fee debit had been refused by my bank. My bank had no record of a refusal and there was no cause as there was tens of thousands of dollars in the account. I have repeatedly asked United Bank Card for documentary evidence of a refused transaction and they have never been forthcoming. There is no transaction on their UBC statements either to match the money they took from the account on October 9, 2007. UBC refused to put the money back in my account in spite of the fact that they didn't even show the debit from our bank account on their own statement. As of that date November 9, 2007 my company quit processing credit cards with United Bank Card due to poor security or possible fraud on their part and no customer services of any kind. Today a collection agency called my office seeking $2375 in alleged debt. They have NEVER ONCE communicated with us regarding these matters nor sent any bill or requests. I am seeking a refund of any fees or charges taken from our accounts since October 9, 2007. I want reimbursement of costs associated with closing accounts and establishing new ones. I want the costs of buying terminals from UBC reimbursed - $800.00. I want any business agreements abandoned and terminated without any fee. I want the collections stopped immediately.

jade shop Nov 09, 2009

I have the same situation just like you, my account is withdraw small amount of money for no reason. if you call the answer machine will ask you to call back or you can hold the line for 40 minute until someone respond. I sign the agreement which is very clear no contract, I really unhappy about the poor service after i cancel my service, they withdraw termination fee from my account which is never in my agreement before. The rep. very rude and indicate I have to paid what they ask for. This is fraud of contract law.
    Good lucky for you if you choose to doing business with this firm.

• Sm
    Small Biz Owner May 18, 2010

Where are the Corporate Criminal Police?

Not Believing It Chris!!
    It's no wonder our country is in the shape it is in today! I am a small business owner in the Cleveland, OH area and probably won't be for long after my experience with United Bank Card and another company selling their "services" called United Bank Card LLC? Not even sure if they are legit? A man named Chris Pearl and another man whose says his name is Chris O'Grady at UBC LLC (sounds like the same man? And here is another Chris??) They sold me on processing cc's with United Bank Card last August 09' and said monies would be processed within 24-48 hrs. after I batch them. On numerous occasions that was not the case and at one point it took 14 days to deposit my money into my business account?? All the while the UBC is taking any amount of fees without notice, at any time of the month, causing a new business to repeatedly go into overdraft with the business account!! When you try and contact UBC or UBC LLC to get some resolve you are constantly told that there is no supervisor available and that you can leave a voicemail with someone named "Sasha" she has no ext. no last name and never returns your call?? I have even tried to contact the president of the company (UBC) and again was thrown into a voicemail and no return call ever!! I have been a loyal customer in great standing with my bank for almost 20 years "Huntington Bank" well, now my ex bank, as I have been closed out of my personal and business accounts with Huntington Bank after UBC has repeatedly attempted to withdraw fees for no transactions processed, no explanations and caused my account to be in the negative to the tune of 459.17!!! And this was not the first time! My ex bank would not dispute the fraudulent charges nor would they close my account or even try and stop UBC from attempting to access my account until recently after hundreds in overdraft fees had accumulated?? Now I may be ruined over this as I have been told it will go on something called "check systems" and once you wind up there you are there for at least 5 or 7 years whether or not the money is paid to the bank?How do we live without a bank account? WTF! Have we become a society of "sheeple" where we are beat up by the corporate fat cats and with no recourse? If we have Inc. or LLC behind our name is it legal to rip people off?? After reading so many bad reports on the net about this company how are they still in business? Why has the atty general not shut them down? It sounds like corporate blackmail to me!!! Did I hear someone say CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT?? I'm ready . . .

• Si
    simon1234 Dec 07, 2010

absolutely agree with smallbiz owner. you get the run-around with these people. they take chunks of money from your bank account unlawfully (i am absolutely serious -) then they "admit" error, but drag their feet in refunding you and so far I have not received any

• Ub
    UBCisAWFUL Jun 17, 2011

Your entire United Bank Card Company is a scam that drafts money from business accounts. I never received services or the POS system I was promised and yet you take money from my small business account monthly. You never once processed a credit card or did one thing positive for my business. Getting in touch with anyone helpful is impossible and this company should be shut down along with all the money taken, returned to the hard working small business owners like myself.
    The Attorney General will hear from me and Chris Rontondi can go F&*( himself.

angrylady07 Aug 09, 2011

UNITED BANK CARD IS A COMPANY THAT JUST TAKES YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!! I finally cancelled my commerical account early because of 3 debits that were not justified or accounted for and because of trying to contact them for 3 weeks to acquired another terminal and then they charged me $250.00 cancellation fee. THEY ARE A FRAUD!!! I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!!!

• Ro
    robert will Sep 02, 2011

I have a small business and started using United Bank service for my credit sales in April 2011. We had a bad storm and my credit machine was fried by the storm. The rep from the company came in a instructed me on how to call in my cards untill the machine was replaced. I used this service for 5 days in July. My machine was replaced but soon after it failed on August 4th. I called my rep yet again, he came out and gave me the same number and instructions to follow. I asked if I need to copy the cards and was told that united bank would keep a record for me and my taxes not to worry. On August 9th I recieved a call from my bank telling me my account was under. I had no idea to why?! I went to my bank to learn that ALL the transaction taken on United Bank cards call over the phone service wasnt charging the cards but was refunding every card I called in. For the days in July and August in the ammount of $6022.43. I contacted united bank card and asked why this happened. They said it was a mistake and would send me a Full Credit Card Number Request Form. I recieved it and filled it out selecting option two on the form which stats United Bank Card will rekey requested transactions at a cost of 25.00 per batch and .25 per transaction. This was sent back on August 10, 2011. I was told a few days later that they was gathering all the numbers and would get that finished in 24-48 hours. It has been over 2 weeks and nothing but 800 has been sent to my account. I have made numerous calls to the help desk working with the team manager named Chuck that is no help at all. I have also contacted the head manager of the region. I was told at first that the problem would be taken care of in a few days. Again nothing, now when I call I am talked down to like Im a child. I am being told now that they cant charge these cards back to my account and to stop calling. I have a lawyer that has mande serveral calls without answers, and I was told today that the risk managers husband was a lawyer and good luck getting my money buddy. What kind of answer is this. Is this company for real or what. IS it ok for them to keep my money??? JOe

• Un
    Unitedscam Apr 26, 2012

Back in 2009 they took close to 6000 Dollars out of my account without any notice. When i confronted them they stated to me that is was because of risk management dept/ I asked what risk is there and they stated that is what they do to protect their assets. They stated to me that they would refund me money after180 days and that i could still continue to process cards. I imminently stopped running credit cards and filled a complaint with the Attorney General Office division on consumer affairs. My sales rep called me immdaitly before that i could not get him on the phone., and stated that if i keep making trouble for them they would blacklist me and i would never be able to process credit cards . THEY ARE A SCAM EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

• Al
    alligator62656 Jun 15, 2012

They are the biggest scam ever. I got swindled into doing "business" with them in January 2009 (was told it was a 2 year contract). It seemed every month there was a new fee of $5, 10, even 25. One month they took 47% of the total amount we processed in fees! When I called and told them I wanted out, I was told it was a 3 year agreement. So I decided to stick out the contract term, but notified them in writing that any unauthorized fees debited from our account would be considered theft. A week later, they took out another $25 fee, so at that point I put a stop payment from our bank account on all debits from United Bank Card. Now of course, they are threatening to turn me into collections, etc etc to get "their money". HA! Stay far, far away from these crooks.

United Bank CardUnauthorized charges

This company was contracted to process our credit cards. They charged us more than the stated rate and sold us $800.00 worth of terminals. After a few months they started charging the account with undocumented charges.
When asked to document they refused. They continued taking money out of the account even after being notified in writing that they were no longer authorized to do so. We had charges showing up as withdrawals on our bank statements but no documentation in their statements. We demanded documentation and it never came. We had to close our commercial account to keep them out of our accounts. We thought we finally got rid of the scam artists when my company gets a call from the collection agency they hired to threaten us with "asset recovery". These guys are committing outright fraud and it is apparently nationwide.

• Je
    JenniferC Feb 05, 2010

While I have heard and seen a lot of United Bank Card accusations and bashings (trust, I was about ready to jump on board as well) I actually decided to refrain from the typical internet bashing and slander and dig a little deeper in to the problem and it's possible solutions first, before anything else. I did some research and found indeed that there were multiple sites and complaints against United Bank Card and their "deceptive practives", etc.

However, I was pleasantly surprised to find an actual representative of their company taking a stand to sort out fact from fiction and who indeed would not just hide behind a company name, but would rather post his direct work e-mail address in which he could assist with disputes directly and his name is Chris Ribordi, Director of Support Services.

I sent him an e-mail immediately concerning being charged my annual fee before it was due, along with the annual compliance fee before it was also due. To my amazement he replied back within 24 hours and resolved the issued by completely refunding the charges to my account that were deducted in error. That's right...he did the RIGHT THING!

So before anyone continues on with slandering and bashing this company, why not do a little leg work and a little research to find a solution to your problems while talking in a rational and sensible manner in order to get a solution to your problem instead of resorting to petty "name calling" and empty threats. You always attract more flies with honey than with vinegar...and at the end of the day, United Bank Card employees are, just like you and I, people and they have jobs to do.

Thanks,
    Jennifer
    Hutchinson, KS

• Je
    JenniferCo Feb 06, 2010

Please accept my apologies on the above post error. The gentleman who assisted at United Bank Card is Chris Rotondi, not Ribordi.

Jennifer
    Hutchinson, KS

Angry at UBC Jun 10, 2010

Yes, Jennifer, you did get the charges reversed. I have been a customer for about a year and every time I notice a bogus charge I call the company and they remove it; however, not everyone pays such careful attention to their account and I believe UBC systematically assesses charges to see what they can get away with and if you don't notice, they win. Now I have been balancing my bank statement and find I was not credited for five charges totaling over $4600 in May. I will contact them to straighten it out. Again, if I were careless, they would win. I am going to discontinue my account because one year of this is enough.I used Nova for five years before this and never had any problems with them.

• Mn
    M Nails Aug 25, 2010

Yes, thanks Jennifer for the information about Chris Rotondi.

I've been having a big problem with United Bank Card (UBC) and been trying so hard to resolve it but have got no luck. When i found out about Chris Rotondi, i thought i had a hope but it turned out A FICTION. I emailed him and waited for 2 or 3 weeks and emailed again and he said i didn't receive my complaint. OK, that's ok. I resent him the complaint again asking for assistance and guess what? never heard from him again.

Anyone who would like to do business with UBC, check them out on BBB website. They have some very interesting reports that would help you to make decisions.

For Chris Rotondi, if you read this, please take things a bit more seriously. "Customer satisfaction is the highest priority at United Bank Card" is another FICTION. You may have no idea how frustrating and stressful it is when you have a issue/complaint that is ignored by the company/whole management.

United Bank CardUnauthorized billing

I have been with United Bank Card for 3 years. 5 months ago, I was able to close my account. Over the last 3.5 years, they have charged my account hundreds if not thousands of dollars in services they never provided (like processing equipment). I would have to call them up and demand a refund.

But since I closed my account nearly 1/2 a year ago, they still are charging my account! The BBB is demanding them refund my money, but United Bank Card doesn't refund my money, AND charges me more fees every month!.. The worst part is their customer service told me they are aware of this problem, and this is happening to every account that has been closed this last 1/2 year...

Next stop is: The Arizona Attorney General's office.

• Ke
    kevin's tire Jun 07, 2010

I have had troubles closing my account. Have sent faxes AND written letters... I was always getting ghost charges and once got hit with a 75.00 dollar charge for (security) . They told me.. that my contract said they could charge me ANY amount as long they give me written notice... TODAY 6/7/10 I had to close my checking account to keep them from taking MORE money out of my account... OH and Chris my number is 765 669 3999 you can get my account info from my business number... so you CAN respont.. this is NOT anonymous
    Kevin's Used Tires