Merchants Choice Payment Solutions Complaints & Reviews

Merchants Choice Payment SolutionsFraud

I was contacted by a pleasant enough person to do a free cost comparison on my merchant account. I sent in statement. When the comparison was done. I get a call back from a man named Teddy something. He showed me how much I was 'overpaying'. I told him I was in a contract and he responded telling me that they would take care of terminating my existing account. Well, that was a lie and he lied about fees as it is now actually costing me more and I have two merchant accounts as termination fee with my previous customer is 495 dollars.
Disgusted in Hugo

• Be
    Ben Henderson Dec 08, 2012

I don't know the details of the complaints made by these merchants.
    They may be true or just they made mistakes and won't fess up.
    All I can tell you is that I have been a sales representative for almost two years.
    I don't lie to my customers, my managers don't lie and my customers are doing just fine.

Merchants Choice Payment SolutionsMerchant Processing Rip Offs

When you start your business, as soon as you register it to obtain a license you will be bombarded by hundreds of these Merchant Processing Companies offering you FREE Services and Equipment with the lowest rate that the market can offer. ALL OF THESE REPRESENTATIVES WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU LIKE TO HEAR, SO THEY CAN EARN YOUR BUSINESS. If you are approached by a representative of your local banks or independent merchant processing Companies offering you to accept credit cards, you may want to think twice about whom you are trying to sign up with.

My Personal Experience!

I was a business owner in California who was approached by Esmaeil “Ghasemi”, a Marketing Director of Delta Card Services ("DCS") d.b.a. Mechants' Choice Payment Solutions ("MCPS") formerly known as Merchants' Choice Card Services and a representative of Woodforest National Bank. Stan Paur is the CEO and President of DCS.

I was made all kind of promises and pledges by Ghasemi to earn my business. After I joined and signed the contract all attitudes changed. From day one, cheating, ripping off, lies and manipulation started. Since, I was not doing much business I did not make it much of a big deal. In one instant, I closed my Business Bank Account, and by the time, I was able to open a new one, some of my customers had paid by credit cards and the money was held by MCPS. By the time I opened my new bank account, more than $200 of my money was in possession of Woodforest and MCPS. When the credit cards transaction fees were deducted by Woodforest and MCPS, I only received about $80.00 deposited into my checking account. When I talked to Ghasemi about it, he blamed me for changing my business bank account.

This is not all!

Since the economy was bad, I was forced to shut down my business. In doing so, I liquidated the entire inventory in my store to one person who was willing to purchase the inventory for pennies on the dollar. Because I was limited in choices, I ended up selling the entire inventory to one guy who paid the proceeds by several of his credit cards. It was a total of $45, 019.98 for which I obtained approval code on every card and Woodforest and MCPS were to deposit the money in my business account within 2 days. This happened on December 30, 2009. It has been almost two months that I haven’t seen my money. Woodforest, would not return my calls. MCPS and Ghasemi have every excuse in the book for not depositing the money into my account. To make it even better, in retaliation for the lawsuit that I filed against Woodforest, MCPS, Ghasemi and Paur, they even terminated my merchant account. Today, I am out of my merchandise, and my money, and Woodforest; MCPS; Ghasemi and Paur are all enjoying my money.
If you need additional information or need a copy of the lawsuit, please contact me at [protected]@juno.com

• Mi
    Mikail K. Feb 16, 2010

I had the same problem too!

• Ty
    TylerDurdan Oct 28, 2010

The worst rip off in the entire credit card industry. Illegal contracts, illegal methods, and the worst service you have ever seen. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY!

• Me
    Melodie W Mar 14, 2013

You should know that if you assign a bank account for ACH postings/withdrawals, if you change it you need to have your new account in place FIRST. The monies sent to your bank for deposit came back to sender (your provider) because acct was closed!! Common sense here. Provider may have had to "rekey" them for you, thereby charging addt'l fees. I work for a merchant service provider so I understand where you are coming from. This company called one of our business owners and lied to them, trying to get them to sign up with them - Merchant's Choice Payment - which disgusts me and gives us a bad name. If the cc sales you processed was over your high ticket or volume cap (and I would guess 45k was over), it is held up by provider but just pending confirmation by cc holder. They went way beyond that. Speaking as a merchant provider and having been here 11+ years, there ARE some good and honest ones out here. Miss M

• De
    Des reeder Jun 04, 2013

I have a business I Little Rock Ar. After a year of not using their services, still being billed. Called them twice to cancel my service was told that it had automaticlly renewed itself for three years and I would be charged a early termination fee. Ripped me off for thousands. Law suit pending

• Ki
    kiwixoxo Sep 10, 2013

Joe Wolfe came in my restaurant about three months ago. After looked over my merchant account statement, he told me that I would save at least 70 dollars every month if I witch to Merchants’ Choice Payment Solutions. I asked a lot of question before I signed up with him. He promised me with no cancellation fee, no active fee, and no contract. I called him after I received a new terminal from him and told him that I wanted to use my own terminal. He told me that the terminal came with my contract free. One week later, I received a letter from terminal leasing company. That letter informed me that I would charge for leasing a terminal from their company. I call Joe again, he told me it was a mistake during he filled the application and asked me to fax the letter to him, he will correct it right the way. Actually, he didn’t fix it. The terminal company charged me twice from my business account $150, $407.88. It was more expensive than buying a new one. I called Joe three times for this issue, he promised me he would fix it and credit full amount back to my account. After two weeks later I called him again because there is no refund back to my account. He asked me to give him one more week to fix it. He didn’t leave an origin copy of contract also. This misleading promotion is planned. I realize the whole sale promotion is a fraud, and now he had trapped me into this swindle. After I received the first month statement from WoodForest Bank, the price is about same compare to my old credit card processing company. I called him about $70 dollar saving every month. He told me same thing again, asked me to fax the statement to him and he will fix it. I knew he is crook so I ask him to cancel my account on July 1st. I switched back to my old credit processing company, the agency Miss Zhang sent him a email request to cancel my account. I called he two weeks later, he told me he did cancel for me. However, I received two more months of statements, I called Wood Forest Bank, the number on the statement, the customers service rep told me I have to cancel by my own and there is $470 cancelation fee. I kept calling Joe he hung up on me, and he doesn’t answer my phone or resolve my issue. If your company doesn’t resolve this fraud sale, I will want all my relatives and Chinese restaurant hear my story and void to do the business with Wood Forest bank.

• Gh
    Ghee May 03, 2017

I have been chaarged on mu personal bank checking account for 2 years after I closed my business and cancelled with this company. I returned the equipment to the sales person and never thought of it again. Recently learned they have been debiting my account for the past 2 years. I am just starting this process and these complaints are good resources for bolster my case.

• Pa
    Painting with a Twist Garland Sep 04, 2019

@Ghee Ghee: Do you still have a case pending? Our business, too, has been charged for over 1 year after cancelling our agreement with Merchant Services aka Woodforest Bank... We never meant to use them in the first place, as they mailed us a point of sale terminal around the time that all credit cards were starting to have the chip, in addition to the swipe. It came with instructions to call as soon as it was received. We thought it was from the ccard processor that we WERE using at that time, so we called, they walked us through the installation, and BLAM! All of a sudden we were under an agreement with Woodforest Bank instead of our chosen provider. Absolutely FRAUDULENT practices seem to be at the core of everything this company does... I would be totally willing to testify about the unscrupulous way that they conduct business, if it will help the cause... SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO GET THESE ROGUE BANDITS TO STOP PREYING ON DECENT, HARDWORKING BUSINESS OWNERS!!

• Woodforest Customer Service Sep 09, 2019

@Painting with a Twist Garland We’d really like the opportunity to correct the situation. If you’ll send us an email to [email protected] with your contact information, we’ll get in touch with you shortly.

Merchants Choice Payment SolutionsCredit Card Processing Nightmare

I am the owner of a computer repair shop in Veneta, Oregon. A little over a month ago, a representative of this company came into my office and promised me a positive experience with this company in helping me to process credit cards in my shop. Since that time, I have had nothing but headaches, and unanswered questions. I was told that I would only be charged around $50 per month, and I would be told ahead of time, what date I would be charged, so that I knew to have the funds available. That failed to happen. I was hit with charges right away into my account, resulting in several overdraft and insufficient funds fees. I made only one transaction into the account, using the machine, which funds I never got to use, because it was never available because of all the charges made by the processor, and all the subsequent over draft fee’s that were generated as a result of
these charges. Then the account continued to be hit by further charges that were unexplained to me. The representative refunded me $100 in cash out of his pocket to offset this issue, but that did not even come close to reversing the large negative balance, nor put it into the positive close to $200 where it should have been. I have called and left messages with this guy, and most of the other companies involved with this company that I no longer wish to try to work with any of these institutions in order to process credit cards. As of
yet, no one has returned any of my calls. I want this policy canceled and I feel that they have breached the contract, not me. On top of everything else, our account was just hit again today for the ridiculous amount of $667.15, putting us into the negative -$404, before further overdraft charges and insufficient funds fees! This
is after receiving a letter that they are going to charge me $769.25 with absolutely no explanation as to why I am being charged! So far i have gotten bills from 4 different companies associated with this stupid credit card machine! What the [censored] Lease Finance Group LLC, First American Payment Systems, Woodforest National Bank, & Merchants Choice Payment Solutions! I keep seeing things in the paperwork that also says Transtech, plus the rep had his own company name that i cant even remember now. We have gone to our Bank, and challenged all of the charges and instructed them not to allow any more charges to go through. Please tell me how to return the equipment and end this nightmare. If someone does not make this right, I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau, and any other authoritative agencies that I can find, as well as take legal action.

• Yani92625 May 14, 2010

FYI: I went with EXS Credit Card Processing ( www. EXSCreditCardProcessing. com ) because they did not screw me with high processing and monthly fees. They also placed me in a free credit card terminal (no lease payments) to minimize my upfront costs when i opened my new restaurant. I highly recommend EXS if you dont want hassles or unexpected high expenses with other providers...they saved me over $8, 000 annually if processing fees vs. my old processing company...One suggestion, always check the companies better business bureau rating...I signed up with EXS because the had an A+ BBB rating...made my decision much easier...

• Co
    concernedcitizen2010 Jun 14, 2010

RE: EXS Credit Card Processing posts by Yani92625: Being that you have posted the same comment on a LOT of complaints against other companies, I must agree with one of the other posters. It does appear you are simply promoting/advertising them...

• Yani92625 Jun 14, 2010

Of course i am...this is a complaints board! I am simply recommending this company because i was referred to them by a friend, i use them because they have treated me right and thought it might help others who had problems with their existing merchant account...oh well...

• Ho
    hoangfuong Dec 18, 2010

Why don't people pool together bring them to NY court and split the cost.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices