Trilegiant Complaints & Reviews

TrilegiantBogus Credit Card Charges

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. I took action to stop the scam and so can you.

Please contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: [protected], or toll free [protected]

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL [protected] CT."

What can I do?

Contact Freed & Weiss immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

and Hot-Line

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

• Sh
    shcmucknomore Dec 10, 2010

elizabettys : HI

schmucknomore here. I got an email today about joining you and contacting Freed & Weiss.

I could do that but as i was saying on the board. I actually know how this all works. Since I read and understand all the paperwork I was able to actually make it all happen and get the money promised to me and never got charged 1 cent.

If everyone read the forms than they could all do that. I am not saying that the company is not a bunch of crooks, In fact, in my opinion, they are some the worst type of people on the face of the planet. BUT here is what will happen when the law firm get's a hold of this.

The actual written disclosures for the company are well written, they are long and drawn out and have importance to the deal. The deal that I am presented with every time I use PRICELINE to buy Tickets and plan trips is that If I sign up for trial offers i will receive a 50.00 check. with no obligations to keep the product. The Hoops that need to be jumped through are explained in the disclosure. MOST people do not read all that stuff and that is how they are billed. They actually do give permission for these charges to be made against their credit, they just didn't read the whole thing. To NOT Be charged and still receieve everything promised, all you have to do is cancel AT THE PROPER TIMES nad file for your 50.00 coupon AFTER THE TRIP IS MADE BY THE TICKET HOLDER - and cancel the subscription BEFORE THE DEADLINE.

I made it a point ( every time ) to call with the member number I was given and ask about the status of my account AFTER I CANCELED to make SURE IT"S CANCELED - Several times. 3 minimum, after i have already canceled I call three more time minimum to make sure there is no mistake what so ever. <-- I do this to be sure because 1 time i called and the operator said that my account was open and in good standing - which means they are going to charge my CC. You have to be sure its all canceled.

So the 50.00 cash back is not totally free - all the reading - phone calls and remembering what time to do it all is part of it and that is how they make their money - they count on you not remembering.

There is another part of this - and angle that could be filed as a suit. the companies promises of the card that gets you all the discounts is unheard of by nearly every company they report to be doing business with and there really is no discounts when you are using that card. You can actually get better deals just by calling the hotel or where ever and asking about specials they run. Generally the regular specials are way better than your great fun card will report are available, if you call a restaurant and tell them you have a great fun card and you would like to hear from them that they accept the card for discounts they will ALL tell you they have never seen nor heard of that card or company . THIS is probably the best angle to come at the trigillent company or what ever they call themselves now. the offers are BOGUS.

elizabettys Dec 10, 2010

Great information! Thanks.

I'll pass this along to Freed & Weiss, and just make sure to call them and let them know.
    (They'll want to hear it from you).

[email protected] or toll free: 866.779.9610

• Ed
    Edgie Dec 14, 2010

Thanks for bird-dogging this. I wrote to them. Let's see what they say...

• Fw
    FWise Oct 29, 2011

TLG Great FN is deducting 19.99 from my bank account and I didnt authorize it. How do I stop them.

• Gu
    Gumpster Nov 05, 2011

The charge line should show a phone number. Call it and tell them to cancel and refund your money. If you are interested, ask for a copy of your enrollment. They will need to send you proof, such as your signature, a voice recording, or web session details.

Honestly, it will not be that hard for you to correct.

TrilegiantTerrible company

I did not sign up for this program, yet I was charged for it as well as another of their branches...Great Fun! I tried to cancel and was told well, try it ...you've already been charged! I didn't even know what it is!!! And have NO info!!! I want it stopped and my money back! I need to get someone to fix this for me. Several calls have done nothing! How can a company charge me for something that I NEVER signed up for in the first place??? And how can it claim to be legitimate??? HELP!

elizabettys Dec 07, 2010

Help is on the way. Here's information you can use to stop this scam and get help.

CONTACT FREED & WEISS!

Hope this helps:

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

TrilegiantUnauthorized billings

For the past three months, Trilegiant has been charging my credit card for services I did NOT ask for. Since I do NOT receive paper hard copies of my statements each month (I do the online thing), I am beginning to wonder if they target those of us that do this since it took several months for me to notice the activity.

I noticed it this time because it sent me into overdraft and overlimit fees were attached to my payment for this next month. This got my attention very quickly. I live on a very limited income, and this extra charge is going to hurt me severely this month. Not to mention if this continues to be charged to me.

I have since started complaint forms with Consumer Reports, Better Business Bureau, and am currently writing a letter to my state gov.

I am hoping, since I worked with his wife, that he will look into this matter, and possibly find out how many people in the state of Montana have been targeted by this fraudulent company.After a lot of research into this company, and the subsequent class action lawsuit filed against Trilegiant and Chase in 2006, you would think they would stop this crap. But apparently they have not learned their lesson yet. I am hoping by doing all I am doing, that it will make a difference in some small way.

elizabettys Dec 07, 2010

You are right, you would think they would stop!

Here's some information on how you can take action in new class action. Contact Freed & Weiss. (Hope this helps you and anyone else who has gone through this abuse).

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

TrilegiantUnauthorized Charge

I was charged $11.99 for four months. I called TLG and was told that I signed up for TLG when I bought airline tickets from priceline.com. These people are scammers! When I called TLG to complain, they said that I signed up for TLG and put in a password. They refused to give me a refund. Apparently, the site is very sneaky. After I bought the tickets, there was a place to put in the city of my birth, which I did. The site didn't give me a confirmation of my order, so I put the city in. That's when I was charged $11.99. These people need to be stopped! They have scammed hundreds and maybe even thousands of people by doing this. I called priceline.com to also complain. They told me that TLG was one of their partner companies and that I had signed up for their products. If everyone who has been scammed by these people would call the company where the scam took place, then maybe we could stop these people. I can't understand why they aren't shut down by the Better Business Bureau or the FCC.

elizabettys Dec 08, 2010

Please contact Freed & Weiss to put a stop to this scam.

Here's some information. I hope it helps anyone who has been abused by these bogus charges!

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

TrilegiantTrilegiant programs: great fun, live well, privacy guard, traveler's advantage, et al.

Hello all, this will likely be the only post I make on this board, so I will make it short, sweet, and to the point.

I currently work for the Athens branch of DialAmerica which is an inbound call center; basically we are pop up windows when you activate a credit card, make a car or truck rental reservation and other such things.

You will be transferred to me when someone asks you if you'd like to hear about $40 in gas certificates or some such nonsense. A lot of times those people who are transferring you will promise these things free (ie a credit report), because they get .25-.50 cents per transfer. Keep in mind that they are only trying to put a bit of food on their table.

Don't feel compelled to feel like you must stay on the phone with us. We only need to have two rebuttals to specific objections that you give us before we have to get off the phone with you. Specific objections include: want to think about it/talk with spouse, don't need, don't need 2nd time, wouldn't use, et cetera.

Okay, to the legal issues: the programs and languages of what we say are a legal contract under FCC guidelines. You may have signed up for only a dollar or an upsell for free, but we fast talk you into saying yes into the parts where you need to say yes in order for you to be in a contract with Trilegiant

Believe you me, I hate my job. I've only been at it a month and have probably screwed more people out of money than I ever could have were I a con man.

Here are my tips to you: 1) Don't allow yourself to be transferred for anything that sounds too good to be true, and if you are transferred, tell that person right away that you didn't want to be transferred and you aren't interested, that way we get to hang up on you. 2) Say there is an illness or a recent death in the family, we have to hang up on you right then and there. 3) If you're the polite type and don't like to hang up on anyone, just say I'm not interested, and then I won't use it. That gives us our two rebuttals to hang up on you with no problem on our end. 4) Simply hang up after hearing a minute or so of our talk. It doesn't hurt out ability to keep out jobs if you do that. 5) AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: ask who we work for. If you've been on this website, then you know Trilegiant is absolutely evil to cancel services from. They will run you around every legal loophole they can to keep you from cancelling their services, which is why they have been sued numerous times. Just ask who we work for and when the word Trilegiant or Affinion comes up, just hang up the phone. You really don't want that mess on your credit or debit card...

One last thing, and I only mention this because we sell a lot of these to Wells Fargo customers: you can get your credit report for free online! There is no need for you to sign up with our Identity Theft Protection service and pay $12 a month for it. Yeah, they tell you it's only a dollar for the first 30 days. But if you can't tell me which is a better deal: FREE or a DOLLAR, well, I guess I'm signing you up here soon, aren't I?

• Is
    issey114 Jun 16, 2010

If you dont like the job quit! if your unhappy call human resources. LET ME GIVE YOU THE NUMBER: 1-800-701-3131
    I worked for Dial for 6years as a fulltime teamleader until our branch closed. I would still be there if that did not happen I worked in Monroeville branch 346! I loved my job and the people I worked with!

elizabettys Dec 07, 2010

GOOD for you for speaking up!

Everyone can help stop the Trilegiant scams! Contact Freed & Weiss to speak up & take action.

Here's some information:

What can I do?

TrilegiantFraudulent credit card charges despite cancellation

I enrolled into the membership with GreatFunsite in conjunction with a purchase I made with priceline.com as the website promised a 15% cashback on my purchase with Priceline. The membership was free for the first 30 days following which unless I canceled I would be charged $11.99. On July 23, 29 days after enrollment, I called to cancel my membership (membership # [protected], username SHAH1281) and was given a cancellation code MJ1001790723. Despite this, I was charged $11.99 on August and September 07, 2007.

Multiple attempts to talk to the customer service has been to no avail as every time I am told that the membership is stil active, although paradoxically, the cancellation code is a valid one! Any attempt to speak to a supervisor results in an indefinite hold. Additionally, on multiple occassions, as soon as I mention the fraudulent charges, either the call gets dropped, or I am asked to hold and once again the hold is an indefinite one.

I have initiated a disputed charge with my credit card (Citi Cards) and am hoping for a favorable resolution, but I am afraid that the unauthorized charges will be recurrently made to my card.

• Te
    telemarketer1 Oct 17, 2008

Unfortunately Trilegiant uses every loophole in the book to keep you from canceling while simultaneously using every loophole into getting you enrolled to a service you don't want.

Honestly the only way I've heard of people getting out of this is by canceling their accounts so that the company can no longer charge the money to said account.

Again, I apologize to God and the human race for working for these con artists, my only hope is to get a better job very soon and hopefully get some absolution for putting so many of you through this mess.

elizabettys Dec 08, 2010

Contact Freed & Weiss right away. They need to hear from you.

I hope this helps.

Details:

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices