ADVERTISIMENT

travel agency Complaints & Reviews

travel agencypaid for my trip but not everything we agreed on was booked

Good Day
My name is Annah from johanesburg.I need to lay a complain about a travel agency.sometime in june/july I made a travel booking to cape town via the net.I spoke to someone from reservation and she send me a quote which we agreed on and I paid the full amount for the trip which included air tickets, hotel and tours around cape town.later in stage I cald the airline and hotel to confirm my booking and to my supprise the bookings were canceled cause the agency diddnt pay, I called the agency back and another person took over and re-booked everything.we kept communicating through e-mails and phone and recently I emailed the lady about a reference for one of the tours which is the robin island tour and no one is responding to my emails and its been 2 weeks since I tried to contact them and even my cals are not answered.I checked with robin island museum if they could check our names on the date and time given and they say our names don't appear.I'm traveling to cape town on the 23/09/12 and my tour is on the 25/09/12.How do I see that I get everything I paid for I get or my money back before I go on my trip?.I never received such bad service in my life.

Comment Guidelines

4 Responses
      noreen1 Feb 11, 2015

Brilliant hotel excellent staff. Good choice of food for breakfast.Convenient position for transport to City and surrounding attractions.
      All communications with 7 continents Travel where very good, emails, phone calls all handled professionally and efficiently. Fantastic holiday. Reliable company, good value. Would recommend to friends.

• Ay
      ayesha noor Feb 10, 2015

Assalamoalikum!
      It was my sixth journey but having bad experiences with some other UK Travel agencies, I was a little bit of stress, suddenly I saw on Google about this 7-Continents travel first I was a bit confused and not sure that this company can give me good services? I just took a big risk and finally things got changed and when I stepped in with 7 Continents travel all things were really good and arranged. From the first date the services were really nice. All the arrangements were good, good supporting staff.

mario richard Feb 07, 2009

the travel agents was gtahotels.com

mario richard Jan 27, 2009

I booked a hotel for 13 nights and 2 weeks after they responded with a e-mail saying that the price on there web site was a mistake and they had given me a refund. I do not find this acceptable because I already booked my airline tickets and booked my excursions and my time off. I want them to honor there contract and rebook my hotel

travel agencyRude Customer Service and Refusal to Correct the Issue

STS is not a travel agency that I would recommend to anyone! They have no common courteous and nor did they offer any refunds towards my horrific traveling experience out of the country to Jamaica.
    On the 8th and the 11th of march 2012 I had to pay cab fees to and from the airport because the itinerary that was given to me did not have the travel times for the bus after arriving to Jamaica; which cost me $120.00 instead of the $50.00 dollars per person that I had already paid sts vacations. Prior to me leaving for Jamaica I arrived at O’Hare airport waited in a line over an hour just to find out that I was on the incorrect flight. My Itinerary said I was supposed to fly out of United Airlines, but I was supposed to fly out of US Airways instead. STS Vacations did not inform me of this change and because I complained and made a big stink at the airport they were able to stop the plane from taking off without us. Reservation Number is 020212WM16536. When I asked Monique Walker to assist in rectifying a simple problem she refused to do that so now I am requesting a 35% refund for my troubles and aggravation at the least during this entire ordeal. I was also told that the location that I was at in Lucea, Jamaica was only 10 minutes outside of Montego Bay because Montego Bay is where I wanted to stay or at least be close to, but Lucea was actually 1 hour from the Jamaica airport; not only was I given incorrect information, but I was also lied to by this company. I made my payment via my debit card which is a Visa. I found myself stranded on a resort not being able to enjoy the island because I was too far out and could not afford to drive back to Montego Bay to enjoy what the island had to offer. I was tricked to make a buck and I DO NOT APPRECIATE the situation that STS Vacations left me in. Lori (another Representative) new that this was my first time traveling and she should have seen me all the way through on this ordeal and she did not; she just wanted to make a buck too at the cost of my happiness and expense during this vacation.

I ended up spending unnecessary money under the table to hold a flight that was in the process of taking off at the airport and in Jamaica to get to and from the hotel in order to correct the issue and I want my money back. They gave us a option to take the next flight out to Jamaica at the price of $1290.29 per person or on the sly if I could pay him $500.00 to see if he could hold the flight a few minutes from undocking. I should be compensated for the inconvenience and reimbursed for my unnecessary extra expenses. Please beware of this company if you have to use a 3rd party in order to make reservations somewhere. If you can avoid using a 3rd party PLEASE DO, just make you own reservations both flight and hotel and you will probably come out cheaper.

Comment Guidelines