Snuggie Complaints & Reviews

SnuggieFRAUDULENT! SCAM! BEWARE!!!!

Their online practices are fraudulent. They add extra items even though you do not select them, and charge exorbitant shipping. I ordered two-for-one snuggies, deferred any extra offers and when I cliked submit, they added two additional snuggies and 30.00 shipping! I called to cancel the order but they said it takes up to 24 hours to get processed in the system. After calling for two more days, I finally spoke with someone named Tony who cancelled the order. Then, I got billed for them a week later!!! I am calling to dispute the charges and had better get satisfaction. Buy these anywhere but online. They are deceptive, fraudulent, and dishonest.

Maria E Creasy Jan 23, 2013

how did it work out. Im in the same boat!! help!

Maria E Creasy Jan 23, 2013

please help me cancel an order with Snuggie!!! cannot talk to anyone from customer service. no way to email them. I am sending them a postcard. other that that I feel helpless.

Snuggieunfair shipping

Thought I would chime in here on the whole snuggie scam fiasco that the internet is littered with complaints about.

I placed an order for 4 of them yesterday. They trick you into buying 4 by making you think you're buying 2 but they sell the snuggies as a PAIR so 1 order quantity = 2 snuggies.

Furthermore, they charge nearly $8 PER snuggie shipping so 4 snuggies = $31 = a $91 order..which they don't disclose this amount until AFTER your order is place.

now, I understand the math adds up and that TECHNICALLY they aren't breaking rules (ethical rules maybe) but I called to cancel the order this morning and she said they had already shipped. (2nd day shipping eh.. actually impressive given the 4-6 week wait I've been seeing on other review sites) and I asked about the return policy and she said I had 30 days but if I kept them, I would get the $31 shipping refunded back to my account.

IF - and this is a big IF - they do actually refund that, it'd mean I got 4 deluxe 2X thick fabric w/pockets snuggies for $15 each. I can live with that.

If you want my advice though, buy them from as seen on TV's website where you pay like $8 total for shipping.

SnuggieSnuggie is a SHOCK HAZARD!!!!!!!!

I got the red snuggie as a gift from my ex who ordered it online and was ripped off by them charging multiple orders etc.. that's just one complaint but not my main complaint.
My main complaint is that the Snuggies are not SAFE!
They are a serious shock hazard at home and at work on cold days especially but on any day!
They emit a serious static charge that if you wear it long enough and touch a conductive surface such as your water faucet, door handle or anything metal, you will get the shock of your life.
I was shocked many times and the last one numbed my arm for 30minutes. I thought i had to go to the ER but luckily the feeling came back but my hand was darker from touching my kitchen water faucet knob when i wanted to get some water while wearing it as i got up from my chair.

DO NOT GET THIS ITEM. IT CAN SERIOUSLY HARM YOU!

SnuggieScam

I like a lot of people here fell into the snuggie scam. From getsnuggie. Got charged for snuggies that I nver ordered/extra snuggies. Shipping and handing was way too high. I was I under the impression that I canceled my order but still got charged. ETC. I live in Maryland. I filed a complaint to the Maryland Consumer Protection Agency. They were able to help. They did not sound like they have received many complaints. I was surprised. I would suggest where ever you live that you file a complaint with a Consumer Protection Agency to help stop this scam instead of just posting complaints online.

Donna in Texas Sep 06, 2009

Try calling 866-879-3432 and you'll be able to talk to a live person. M-F, but I forgot the hous - just call mid-day. I, too, was extremely frustrated and furious when I didn't have the opportunity to change my mind about my order. When I saw the $34 shipping charges, I about had a coronary! Especially since there was absolutely no recourse. I, too, am complaining w/the BBB, as well as the FTC. I am also going to stop pmt thru my bank - even if it costs me $25, at least they won't get a penny of my money!! I do a lot of business online, and seldom get burned - but this time I certainly did! And I refuse to sit back and do nothing about it.

Snuggie100% Return Policy

I ordered Snuggie's because I lived in a REALLY cold area and before they arrived, I moved. When they came I returned them per their 100% guarantee return policy.

First of all, I NEVER was able to find a phone number to call and talk to an actual person. I got a computer that gave me a RM# to put on the return package.

I have tried to email and ask where my refund is...no response. No refund yet.

BE CAREFUL!

SnuggieOrder misplaced/horrid customer service

Placed an order for a Snuggie on Feb 25. Their "buy-one-get-one" deal isn't so great when you discover shipping is $15.90 and this only AFTER you place your order. It nearly doubles the price of the order.

So, I waited until March 17 to check on the order status as I hadn't received a confirmation email, shipment - nothing. They have by far the most frustrating automated phone system EVER. One number routes to the other which kicks to you back to the first one.
Finally I found a human being at [protected] who verified for me everything the automated voices were telling me - my order wasn't in their system. No record of me. She said if there's a "delay" on the website during the ordering process the order just... disappears.
Good thing this wasn't a gift. I'm honestly relieved they can't find me. They can keep their Snuggie and their crappy business practices. Buy in a local Walgreens if you really need it. Oy vey Snuggie!

• Ro
    rosebuds Jan 09, 2012

I have received alot of samples using Mysavings.com and some I haven't received.MAke sure you check the date on the sample you are trying to get, some of these have been posted since 2009.I tried getting samples from Life Script and Quality life, I don't know if they are related or what but I have never received a sample from them.On their site one must fill out pages and pages of health questions, they keep repeated them, just to try and get a sample from them.I've talked to several people who have also tried these sites and nothing for them either.I like Mysavings.com. I may not receive two free dryer sheets but I have other things which may I say I'm very Thankful for.So if anyone else out there has anything good to say about Mysavings.com please leave a comment and those who have had problems please leave your also.

SnuggieProduct Quality and Customer Service

1. Product arrived after 2 - weeks and the first Snuggie I opened had a two inch section that was not sewn together an obvious manufacturing flaw.
2. $31.80 shipping costs were excessive... at least 3 times the actual shipping cost!
3. They prevent one from being able to talk with a live person and instead relied on an automated voice recording.
4. When I asked to return the items and get a refund they automatically and immediately offered me a $20.00 credit... a no questions asked refund credit. I will wait to see if they actually put this credit back on my credit card before responding further.

SnuggieUnclear/misleading advertising

Advertisement is fraudulent. I thought I was buying one item, receiving a second one free with a free gift, agreeing to pay all S&H. The word "set" is the trick. Instead I received 4 items with 4 so-called free gifts. The ordering process is fraudulent in that it does not give the consumer the opportunity to review his order before submission. I received the products with no invoice enclosed. Lastly the product is not warm and fluffy as advertised. The blankets feel like cheap towels. Also before placing your order the site attempts to upgrade the product and attempts to sale you other items. At the blink of an eye, you are forwarded to the billing page. As a consumer, I feel duped. I should have had the opportunity to change my mind. I do not like this product, and I want a refund. I tried to call and listened to an automated message informing me to call back at another time. I e-mailed the company with no response. I feel the consumer needs to be aware of a company like this. Whether it will be of any help or not, I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. I learned there are many complaints about this company. I also reported them to the Federal Trade Commission. I really would like to file a class-action lawsuit against them. They should not be allowed to continue to stay in business.

• Am
    Amy Scholl Dec 18, 2009

DO NOT buy the Snuggie off their website - It's a scam. I tried to buy one and the website claimed that the second would be free for $19.95. I was never asked to confirm my order and never agreed to the price but suddenly you are on the final page and my total was $71.40. I freaked out. I tried to cancel it by calling the customer service number on the website and it was only a recording but it told me that my order was canceled. Two days later my card was charged the $71 so I tried calling again...nothing worked until I got a hold of a person by calling the number listed above (866-879-3432). I will making further complaints about their business as well.

annie stoll Jan 12, 2010

I totaly agree this happened to me. I bought a green snuggie W/ one free wich means 2 snuggies then I said yes. It asked me if I wanted to upgrade I said no. Then it asked me if I wanted a kitten blanket for only 4.95 p s+h I said ok my total order should have been like 30.00 then the 3500 shipping charge my total was 80.00. I did not like that went to change my mind and I was already charged. I called the company they told me they could not do anything to help me ane wouold not refund any of my money till I recieved the order and returned it. I told them I was not going to pay for the order shipping charge to send my order back. they told me they would send me shipping stickers to put on my package wich they did do that. then a week later I was checking my bank acct. and noticed they had charged me twice so now I have paid them 158.00 and again I called them and would not return my money. I was verry angry. I called my bank and they said they would investigate the problem. 3 weeks later I recieved my order I recieved not only 4 blamkets and two kitten blankets I recieved 8 blankets and 3
    kitten blankets and not even the color I ordered. I let the company know and my bank know I was sending them back.4 weeks
    later they recieved them and all I got refunded was 8.50 for the kitten blanket shipping and 32.00 for the snuggie blanket shipping. I called them telling them that they owed me more money, they dissagreed and said they had refunded all my money. I called my bank and made the complant and my bank agreed with me and refunded my money to me and went after the company foor the money. In Colorado we have a guy that is with our FOX 31 news and he is Tom Martino he does investigations on bad companys and on people that get screwed over I made a complaint to him but nithing has happened.
    I hope there will be a lawsuite on this company that makes people's life hell on their horrible cheap product. anyone reading this and wanting to buy from these people you will get screwed. Annie Denver, Colorado.

Snuggie — misrepresentation

I ordered 2 snuggies online in Dec. 2017 but when ordering there was no place to edit or review or to confirm...

Snuggiesnuggie scam

snuggie intentionally misleads consumers to take advantage of multiple eight dollar shipping charges by duplicating orders. these bogus charges will not appear on your statement until items have shipped and you will receive no confirmation email prior to inform you of the inflated charges. class action please. down with snuggie!!!

mamacourtney Sep 17, 2009

That phone number no longer works... and I just got scammed.. ordered a buy 1 get 1 free for 19.99 and got billed 71... I called the automated system and cancelled and it said i did, then I still got charged. I called again and it says the order was shipped.. I don't want these for 70.. when I can order them elsewhere and not get screwed. Who should I call to file a complaint???

• Je
    Jenbatt01 Feb 08, 2010

the exact same thing happened to me. they don't even give me a chance to review the charges, before you know it you see the outrageous total and the order is already completed. immediately cancelled my order the next day, and a month later find a $71.70 charge gone through and get the package the next day. i am livid!! what a scam...

SnuggieFraud, overcharging, not completing order

My mother was going to order this for me for Christmas, She called the company in the beginning of December. When they told her that she would be charged for the "free" blankets shipping and handeling and that shipping and handeling was almost as much as the actual blanket. She was put on hold. She decided not to purchase the blankets. She hung up when she got another call. She never acutally confirmend the order. Today, January 29th 2009 more than a month later, the charges came thru. My mother is on disability and a fixed income. As most of us are right now, with this economy. She had a positive account when they took the 71.40 out of her checking account. Now she is overdrawn more than 80.00 overdrawn.

This is a discrace. She looked for the charges for a three weeks thinking that if they were going to charge her, then they would have done so during that time. But when they did not she felt safe to use the money on groceries. Now she is not only indebt but she feels used and violated by this company. We wonder when we recieve these blankets..that cost over 35.oo a piece. Not the 19.99 they advertise.

THIS Is FALSE ADVERTISING. This is DECEPTION OF PRODUCT. THIS IS MISLEADING THE CONSUMER. THIS IS MANIPULATION OF MONEY PRODUCT. The time allowed to take money from an account should not exceed three days unless they stipulate it in advance.

I for one would like to get a part of a class action suit. Because if they dont refund my mothers money and the overdraft fees, then I will contact my lawyer.

SnuggieHorrible Website/Order Still Not Received

I was also duped on the Snuggie website and accidently ordered 4 snuggies (2 bought/2 free) instead of the 2 (buy one, get one) that I wanted to purchase for my kids. I was very annoyed when I realized that the total came to $66.70. SERIOUSLY, $31.80 for shipping?!? Gee - slight mark-up on the shipping charge?!? The Snuggie website is completely horrible. Never did I get a confirmation page to review my order, or I would have definitely not ordered the extra Snuggie. I'm guessing their website is purposely set up that way to make sure you end up ordering more of their product than you actually want. And if I had any idea that the shipping charge was going to be that much I would have definitely cancelled my order right then. I was actually embarrassed to tell my husband the next day what had happened. Now that I've read the other posts on this website, I feel somewhat vindicated and I wasn't a complete ### when I ordered more than I actually wanted.

To add insult to injury: I placed my order on December 14, 2008, and it is now January 28, 2009 and I still haven't received my order. I received an order shipping confirmation email on January 18th and STILL haven't received the Snuggies. When I follow the link to check on the status of the shipment on the UPS website, it tells me that the package is still in the UPS Jacksonville warehouse. Wait a second - it was shipped UPS ground? Really?!? I am being charged $31.80 for a 6 lb box of light blankets to be shipped ground!!! This company and it's employees should be ashamed of themselves! Never again will I buy online from those cheesy "as seen on TV" commercials!!!

• Ou
    outraged 4sure Nov 27, 2009

Thank you all for taking time to let people know about this company. I was considering getting one and I will NOT buy from them. I am sorry you all got ripped off and I am sorry that in this country people are allowed to do this to customers. I thank you all though, for helping others, you are decent people, Unlike the snuggie corportation. Just remember all, Karma is a ###!

Snuggiecancel order

i have a snuggie that has been backordered: the number is: [protected].

how do you cancel the order?!?!

mary ellen douglas Jan 14, 2009

i have a order on back order that i would like to cancel the number is
    order#25409200849134211 please cancel this order thank you

• Bl
    BloodiestCadaver Jan 15, 2009

I want to cancel mine as well, and it isn't working

• Ha
    harrysmith51 Jan 28, 2009

Under the chapter " Credit Card Fraud " for cyber security a case was registered as :-
    Section of Law 66 of Information Technology Act 2000 & 120(B),
    420, 467, 468, 471 IPC.

Background

The assistant manager (the complainant) with the fraud control unit of a large business process outsourcing (BPO) organization filed a complaint alleging that two of its employees had conspired with a card holder to manipulate the credit limit and as a result cheated the company of 0.72 million.

The BPO facility had about 350 employees. Their primary function was to issue the bank credit cards as well as attend to customer and merchant queries.Each employee was assigned to a specific task and was only allowed to access the computer system for that specific task. The employees were not allowed to make any changes in the credit-card holder account unless they received specific approvals.

Each of the employees was given a unique individual password. In case they entered an incorrect password three consecutive times then their password would get blocked and they would be issued a temporary password.

The company suspected that its employees conspired with the son (holding an add-on card) of one of the credit card holders. The modus operandi suspected by the client is as follows.

The BPO employee deliberately keyed in the wrong password three consecutive times (so that his password would get blocked) and obtained a temporary password to access the computer system. He manually reversed the transactions of the card so that it appeared that payment for the transaction has taken place. The suspect also changed the credit card holder address so that the statement of account would never be delivered to the primary card holder.

Investigation:

The investigation team visited the premises of the BPO and conducted detailed examination of various persons to understand the computer system used.They learnt that in certain situations the system allowed the user to increase the financial limits placed on a credit card.The system also allowed the user to change the customer address, blocking and unblocking of the address, authorizations for cash transactions etc.

The team analyzed the attendance register which showed that the accused was present at all the times when the fraudulent entries had been entered in the system.They also analyzed the system logs that showed the ID had been used to make the changes in the system.

The team also visited the merchant establishments from where some of the transactions had taken place. The owners of these establishments identified the holder of the add-on card.

Current status:

The BPO was informed of the security lapse in the software utilized. Armed with this evidence the investigating team arrested all the accused and recovered, on their confession, six mobile phones, costly imported wrist watches, jewels, electronic items, . Leather accessories, credit cards, all worth 0.3 million and cash 25000. The investigating team informed the company of the security lapses in their software so that instances like this could be avoided in the future.
    For more information s and legal help, and search your lawyer in USA, please visit :--
    Good luck !
    harrysmith51

SnuggieOrder incorrect/Can't cancel

I had the misfortune of ordering a Snuggie blanket for $132.55 tonight from this shameless company! I believe this company purposely set up this user "unfriendly" website in order to confound interested buyers and/or curious shoppers into buying their products and upgrades. They don't have the normal safeguards that other "more reputable" retailers use on their websites. Such as telling the buyer "up front" what they "are" or "are not" getting. They cleverly get your credit card information "before" you order... and once you click a button and go to the next page there is no turning back! There is no summary page that allows you to review your purchase before going forward. It is clear that they are betting that a certain percentage of the "suckers" who have ordered their stuff won't go to all the trouble to change or cancel the order. I didn't intend on ordering 4 "or" 8 snuggies (from the receipt it is unclear how many blankets I will get) so I was frustrated at not being able to change my order. The receipt shows $84.85 in product and $47.70 in delivery. What a rip off.

• Em
    emaile Jan 13, 2009

CONTACT BBB OF CONNECTICUT AND FTC AND FILE ONLINE COMPLAINTS. THEY WILL FOLLOW UP WITH COMPANY UNTIL THERE IS A RESOLUTION.

Snuggie — real company

all the people who ordered snuggies from bogus websites I'm sorry. If you want the product I suggest...

Snuggie — rip off

I am furious that I have been ripped off! I went to check the status on my order and the website does not...

Snuggie — Cannot contact anyone

I was looking to place an order- It doesnt show you a summary of your purchase before you buy- you hit...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices