Designer Brand Outlet Complaints & Reviews

Designer Brand OutletAlmost impossible refund

It was impossible to get a refund from this company. First, I ordered a Chloe dress but the size did not fit me. The company advised me to return the dress and I would be refunded upon receipt of the dress in their China returns processing center. They however advised me to order the right size simultaneously and I did. In short, my credit card was charged twice. After I ordered the second dress, I received a notice that it was backordered. I cancelled my second order because the dress would not be delivered for the occasion I ordered it. For the cancelled order, they gave me a refund in good time but the big, big problem was on the dress I returned to their China processing center. I tracked the shipment and it was confirmed received on March 3 by the processing center. I sent them about a dozen emails requesting for my refund and they never complied with my request. The transactions happened in the later part of February and up to August Designer Brand still did not give me my refund. They kept on saying that I had been refunded - they conveniently FORGOT about the refund for the returned item in China. I almost lost close to $200 but thankfully, I pleaded to my credit card company, even if it was past the period when I should have complained. I explained the situation thoroughly and attached the numerous emails I sent to Designer Brand, which Designer Brand disregarded. My credit card company, as a good will, credited my account. So, after all the emails, letters and pleadings, I was able to get my refund; and I have to thank my credit card company for reversing the second charge.

I therefore strongly advise those who intend to purchase from this company - the Designer Brand Outlet - NOT TO PURCHASE from this company - NEVER, EVER. This is to save you from grief.

And to Designer Brand Outlet - SHAME ON YOU!!!

• Ss
    S Sheneman Jan 25, 2008

Fraudulent company - DO NOT do business with this company - they will charge your credit card but you WILL NOT receive anything. Nor will they respond to your e-mails or phone calls.

• Td
    T Douglas Feb 09, 2008

This company doesn't delivery your purchased item. They take your money within a few days and DO NOT DELIVER. They are also uncountable via phone or email - they will never return your calls.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! ITS A SCAM!

• Je
    jessica lee Feb 14, 2008

Yes I would have to agree. This website appears to be fraudulent. If you are considering purchasing items from this website consider viewing feedback courtesy of ebay. This company took my money recently and I am still yet to receive my purchases. This company is not contactable despite having a service telephone number and various email addresses. Some women are still waiting for their purchases five months later. This company has been reported to both the Australian Department of Fair Trading and the ACCC.

• Ca
    catherine Harris Feb 17, 2008

Not only does this Comapny not deliver- they sell rip off designs. I brought what I believed to be a Chloe dress, to find out it is in fact a Peter Som dress

• Ba
    Barbara Gallagher Mar 02, 2008

Designer brand outlet are a terrible company, I ordered 3 items from them, only one arrived, they charged me for 3 -can't some thing be done to shut them down, i have tried contacting them by email/phone, you get no reply.. If anyone can help me shut them down please contact me.

Sarah Jane Mar 03, 2008

I purchased a dress (1 only) from them and it arrived on time and the dress was what I expected. You should speak to your bank & email them again to get it sorted out. Show them the money is deducted and that you have the order details from them etc... I had absolutely no problem at all. You avn always go on a current affair too.

• Ba
    Barbara Gallagher Aug 08, 2008

Hi laura, my dresses never arrived despite several emails and calls - i recently sent them another email and have had a reply saying I will get a refund, I have vowed to shut them down if I don't either get the items or a refund, I am so annoyed by them, I previously got a dress from them that came without any problem. I recommend you persist with them, threaten to
    report them to the police, we could get their website shut down, its also important to put as much info as possible on the net about them and their poor customer service so other people don't try and buy from them and get screwed over

juana Aug 20, 2008

I too have been totally taken in by this company. Though they sent me my order, they have failed to issue a refund for the return, and they have not replied to more than twenty phone calls and dozens of emails. They are a fraudulent company, no doubt about it. I have reported them to the following: Thawte, their credit securer, the Australia Consumer Association and the Australia Office of Consumer and Business Affairs. I am also going to contact my bank and Visa. They need to be stopped.

Has anyone been successful in contacting them at all?

• Ki
    Kim Jackson Sep 16, 2008

I made complaints against this company in September 2007 I also contacted Google by email asking them to do something about this company I never heard any thing back. I did get the dress I ordered 6 weeks after the event I ordered it for.

Designer Brand OutletItem not received

Ordered 3 dresses, received 2 and was charged for 3. No explanation why 3rd dress did not arrive. Emailed customer service everyday for a week, no reply. Now website is no where to be found. From reading other complaints, I guess we are all out of luck trying to get refunded. Unfortunately the site had beautiful dresses, just horrible customer service and business standards. If this site is up and running again, I would stay FAR AWAY.

• Un
    Unnat Upadhyay Feb 26, 2009

Respected Sir,

I have submitted required forms long back to transfer PF of my last 2 companies with my current PF account.

That old two companies are :

Kean India Ltd. (PF account no is : DL/19688/1456)

Polaris software lab ltd. (PF account no is : HR/GGN/26309/969)

My Current Organization is :

Computer Sciences Corporation India Pvt Ltd. (CSC India Pvt Ltd).

My Current PF Account no is : TN/52878/0004399

Still PF amount of my last two companies is not transfer to my current PF account. (TN/52878/0004399)

Can you please let me know what is the status ?

Please provide me the information.

My Name is : Unnat Upadhyay
    My Emp id is : 1105623 and

Regards,

Unnat

Designer Brand OutletComplete Fraud

I am absolutely furious with this company.

I ordered 5 dresses from Designer Brand Outlet in July 2007.

I recived FOUR fter two weeks! I was very disappointed with the quality of the dresses. THEY WERE ALL FAKE! NOT GENUINE CHLOE or BCBG! I buy genuine Chloe Valerntino, DVF and other designers. Bought these dresses as I could not believe the price and wanted to see what they were like.

One dress was wrong size. So I returned that one and contacted the office by email and ramng numerous times to tell them that I had ONLY recived 4 out of 5 dresses and one was sent back.

I asked for refund which was never given. It has over a year!!

I did not know where to complain about this company and I have only today found this site by chance, hence this complain against this Company.

I HAD GIVEN UP ON CALLING THEM AND WRITING EMAILS AS NOONE RESPONDED TO ANY OF THE EMAILS OR PHONE MESSAGES.

Designer Brand OutletFraud Scam Website

As with all the other complaints on this site and others about this online shop, it seems they don't exist. I have paid for a dress which was meant to be sent weeks ago, I can't get in touch with them by email, skype or phone, I've contacted the shippers, in my case DHL and they say they have been notified of a parcel but that was over a week ago and they haven't asked to pick it up yet. They have taken the money from my account and, although I have cancelled my card and asked my bank to look into it, I don't think I get it back. I shop alot on Ebay and other internet sites and should have seen the signs that this was not a real site. I am angry with myself and these creeps that are scaming people but I hope this might stop someone else making the same mistake.

• Ra
    rachel fechner Sep 01, 2008

I too tried to purchases a dress from this company back in Feb this year. The dress was deliveried some 5 days later, but unfortunatley it was too small - sizing was very questionable. I returned it as per instructions, however I never received a replacement. I continued to send emails, weekly for the last 4 months and I finally received a refund to my credit card. But I would never purchase from this company again. Some times you just have to persist...

• Je
    Jennie Mills Sep 03, 2008

I seem to have been really very lucky. I ordered a dress which arrived really quickly (just over a week) shipped to the UK. It wasn't for me but for my bridesmaid, who says it is truly beautiful, and she is thrilled. She does doubt it is a genuine Chloe dress, but it is lovely, and I guess that's the main thing. I'm really sorry to hear that you've all had such problems.

• Er
    erika Sep 09, 2008

Wow! I order 2 dress form this cite in Jan '08 I received both dress fairly quickly and they were both really nice. I was actually trying to order again and found the site has been shut down. I can't believe to hear so many people got scammed!!! What a shame!

• Da
    danijela Sep 09, 2008

i order a dresses for 5oo euros...never come...and no money back...terriblle...dont buy from that company...

Designer Brand OutletFraud and scam

Ordered £300 worth of clothing, received an email saying the items had been shipped and was sent a bogus TNT tracking number and was told it would take 2-3 days to be live on their system (the same time it takes funds to clear). As the tracking link was for TNT China (when the products were being shipped from Australia) I was suspicious. Called TNT, the tracking number and company don't exist. Word of advice, if you buy online use your credit card because at least the transaction can be blocked and you can get your money back.

I'm furious with Google for continuing to allow these people to advertise. Please complain to google adwords just to get their ad removed. Thank you.

• Me
    Melissa Hunt Mar 06, 2008

What a CON. DO NOT BUY from them. They take your money and do not deliver. It looks all very professional, they give you a TNT tracker number etc. but when you email to inquire about your order you never get a reply and the phone is never answered They email you to say you can track the order on website but there is no tracking on their website and when you go into your "basket" it is empty, like my bank account! I can't believe it is still up and running with so many complaints. Only thankful I never bought 2 dresses!

• Es
    esperanca Mar 13, 2008

I just ordered from this site without checking it out to see if there was any complaints about it. I just went by all the positive feed back they received on their site. I tried calling them as well as emailing them but I can't get conneted on the telephone ( the number does not exist) and they have not answered my e-mail... it was to good to be true and now i am out $140.00

I phone my bank and they said that they couldn't do anything about except wait to see if they do deliver... nuts!!!

I should have done my research... it was such a beautiful dress.... I couldn't resist.

If any one has gotten a hold of them by phone would you be able to give out the number please I would appriciate it!!!

• De
    Deedee Apr 24, 2008

Hi,

I ordered a chloe dress from them early feb, and got it in mid april this year!!

You're absolutely right - their cust service is rubbish - and the dress it looks okay but somehow... workmanship is good and the label is accurate but the material is not what i expected ( i also buy chloe dresses right from the chloe stores themselves) so i think the manufacturer didnt use the exact same high quality materials shown.

anyway, you're right about tnt and all that -

Did you buy using a credit card or WU? I hope its credit card - you can get a refund from your credit card co for as the seller didnt deliver.

But DBO is not a fraudulent company - they just deliver really really really late.

• Cl
    ClaireUK Aug 31, 2008

designerbrandoutlet.com AUSTRALIAN FRAUDULENT WEBSITE I naively chose a number of dresses from this website, probably believing it to be a genuine online store because I have been living in Sydney and had no issues whilst there!!! I have made many phonecalls to the non-existent call centre shown online. At all times of the Aus working day it is on answerphone . I hav e sent increasingly forcec ful emails and none have been replied to. My credit card statement shows that I placed the order on 07/08/08 and money was taken on 08/08/08, before an y goods could have been shipped, nor will they be .I am now reporting this company to the Office Of Fair Trading in New South Wales and taking my own private legal action in Australia .This company have AUS$800 of mine -PLEASE LEARN BY MY OWN AND OTHER COMPLAINANTS MISTAKES .

Heather White Sep 09, 2008

I have ordered from Designer Brand Outlet twice, and both times was fortunate to have the items delivered, though not as quickly as the website suggested. However, I can say although that the Chloe dress I bought was a fake, it was quite lovely. It had no tags, was missing a button, and had no care instructions. Not surprisingly, it didn't wash well. Dye leaked and bled into the print and dress was almost ruined. Funny thing, they didn't publish my feedback on the item on their website. Be wary of online 'bargains.'

• Br
    brigid Sep 16, 2008

i too was defrauded by designerbrandoutlet -- however, i didn't back down. i live in the US but i contacted the authorities in Sydney and i was able to track down the name of the website administrator, im pretty computer savvy and was able to find him on skype and gmail and literally harassed him day and night for several weeks. finally the australian authorities were able to get in touch with MR. LOOSTE ... his first two initial are BK, i cant remember what his first name is ... but his name is BK LOOSTE and that is his skype handle as well. his email is [email protected] ... i got my $450 back but after 6 months of waiting, hearing nothing and getting nowhere i took the the matter into my own hands. i urge you to do the same. email me if i can be of help, [email protected] good luck.

• Zi
    zipporahjones Nov 02, 2008

I recently got an emai about the complaints. Can someone email me the information that the need to show proof of what I need them to see. They send me info and a number to send my info that in which if I had ordered something from this website which I did. Thanks.

Designer Brand OutletNon delivery

I have placed an order one month ago. The charge of my credit card was done in the next couple of minutes after the order has taken place. I have emailed them four times because nothing was dispatched to the address given but as you can imagine there was no response. I will file a payment dispute against them through my bank. Hopefully the amount of the purchase will be refunded. I will revert to this issue if I manage to come in contact with these ********.

• Pe
    perette creighton Aug 22, 2008

I have had exactly the same happen. I paid last Nov and still have not received any feedback nor any clothes. I have taken them to dept of fair trading. I had ordered 2 dresses that I have never seen.

• Li
    Lisa Sep 04, 2008

I made a post last night after reading all of the complaints. I have dealt with this companyy once before and scuccesfully received my purchases and even was refunded correctly for a garment I sent back.

I then purchased another dress and it took ages to arrive yet my cc had been debited. After reading all the post I freaked out and thought I too had been ripped off. Thankfully I had not and recevied my dress today in top condition. Therefore I am withdrawing my orginal complaint. i have no problems with the company.

Designer Brand OutletDesigner Clothes

Hi,

I ordered a dress in Nov'07 just in time for my Christmas Party.

I sent few emails to DBO bur didn't receive any answer. My X'Mas party went pass and New Year and Valentine came and still not heard anything from this people. This business has no business address, and they are using Skype. I lodge a complaint with Google site so they can warn others but nothing appeared in search engine about my complaints.

If you search on "whois" you will find who own this business. Due to privacy reason, I don't think I can mention the name of the person.

When I got back from my holiday in Mar08, I received an email from DBO stating that my dress has been shipped. I replied back no to bother me again. In May08, i received another email informing me that I should the dress in 3 days. I thought I would wait for 5 days & see if it will turn up . It never did. I sent them another email saying their business is a scam. I received a reply from them apologising for the miscommunication. Apprently, all my email has been going to the junk mail. " That's how they run their business".

I saw thesame dresses, same picturs on EBAY and ask the seller if she was related to DBO, obviously, she denied that she has connection with them.

So just beware when buying fake designer clothes.

I hope I don't get another email in 2 months and just hope that they leave me alone.

• Lw
    L Wright Jul 14, 2008

Both my daughter and I have purchased from Designerbrandoutlet.com and have received our dresses - which were lovely and definately not fake.

We live in Portugal and I did have a great deal of trouble getting my dress out of customs - but it was shipped from the supplier very quickly! Maybe the problem is the items seem to be shipped from China.

That being said I did try to look at the website today and could not get access to it - so maybe they have closed!

Designer Brand OutletI cannot believe this company!

I ordered a dress from this website 2 weeks ago... I have not received a receipt, a tracking order, nothing and judging from the comments other people have left I will neither receive the dress I ordered. I have emailed them every day since and called 4 times but have had no luck whatsoever. The website looks so official and reassuring to a nervous internet buyer like myself and I am so so disappointed and annoyed with myself that I have been scammed by these terrible people! It will make me think twice before buying anything online again. I cant believe it!

Is there anything anyone can suggest to do about this terrible, terrible scam? Surely this cannot keep happening to people??!!!

julia ottley Sep 02, 2008

I did receive a dress, but a different size to the one ordered.
    I have sent the dress back however they have not replied to any e-mails, and are uncontactable when you ring the number on the website. I havn't received a refund yet.

julia ottley Sep 02, 2008

I did receive a dress, but a different size to the one I ordered. They have not replied to any e-mails, and they never reply to the phone. I have not recieved a new dress the correct size, or a refund.

Designer Brand OutletStole my money!

I ordered bridesmaid dresses for my wedding, totaling over $1000.00. I NEVER RECEIVED THE DRESSES and NEVER WAS REFUNDED. THIEVES. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!

• Su
    Susan Davidson Mar 26, 2008

I ordered a dress from this company on 15 March 2008 and they took my payment immediately. I received an email confirming the order and then another email two days later confirming that they'd shipped the dress. Wrong!! They hadn't shipped the dress - they are a con! They cleverly quoted a TNT tracking no. (which wasn't a TNT consignment no.) I even asked TNT management to confirm if they were a customer (no they aren't). I left numerous messages and emails with no return communication.

I eventually googled their street address and the neighboring address - rang the business next door and they'd never heard from them. Gulp! Then I found this website and all the comments from others who had been ripped off. Do not buy from this company!

helen Mar 26, 2008

i strongly disagree with these comments, i've received several dresses from this company, never had any problems.

• Bo
    bobbi Jul 22, 2008

It took nine months of constant haranguing, but DBO finally credited my account in late May of this year (started back in September 2007). Got the same run around as the other posters...fake courier tracking information, extreme difficulty getting responses. One of the few replies I received explained that the courier service was at fault and trying to charge DBO a large sum of money to return the package to DBO when it was "undeliverable" to an address that bore little resemblance to the one I'd provided. I think DBO relies on the fact that people will just give up trying to get their money back because they can't ever reach anyone at the company. I feel incredibly lucky as admittedly I was ready to just give up.

jakartaindo Aug 23, 2008

OMG.. i almost make a payment of USD600, -ish to this internet shop! I already put all my cc details., but i didnt continue the purchase as I FOUND THIS SITE .my goodness what would happen to it? will they misuse my cc info?

• Li
    Lisa Sep 04, 2008

I purchased three dresses. Sent all three back to China. 2 required exchanging as sizes were incorrect and 1 required refund I didn't want it. I recevied the 2 dresses back in correct sizes and the refund for the third was u through with no problem. iIhave sinced purchased another dress and have recived nothing. All e-mails are bouncing back and I am $185 out of pocket. It has now been over 3.5 weeks. I have no idea what is going on. I was really happy with the service and shipment was quick...Don't understand why they have now starting ripping people off...They do lie the dresses do come from China, they are not an Australian co.

• Pa
    Paul-letta Sep 09, 2008

I placed 2 orders about a year ago, 1 of them I recieved with no problems I thought I found the best site ever lol.
    Then when I placed the second order it never arived, left msges on msn, tried calling and sending emails... Now I see the site is down lol did anyone have any luck with refunds?

• Lu
    lupeta Oct 07, 2008

purchased a product from www.brightsmiles.com on the 6th march 2008 ... it is now the 7th of october i have still not received anything. i paid through paypal... they took my money ... now they wont reply to my emails at all...

Designer Brand OutletPaid for goods never sent!

Order placed 24 Feb 08, account charged 25 Feb, received notice item shipped on 26 Feb 08. I waited a week to check used the tracking number which turned out to be a tracking number used in 2006! When I contacted the company they sent a one line statement that the item will be shipped this weekend (another 5 days), sorry for the delay. When I emailed back asking for an explanation for the bogus tracking number and false reporting of shipping, they simply resent the first reply and never addressed the false reporting and tracking number. I find their practices to be very deceptive and am worried that they may not send the item I purchased. According to my bank I must wait until 30 days have passed to file a payment dispute. They told me about this site and recommended that I check out this company. I was distressed to read stories that read much like mine. Thirty days is too long when there is clear evidence of fraud earlier than the 30 day period. Is there any other recourse?

heidi gately Apr 14, 2008

I ordered a dress from this website 2 weeks ago...I have not recieved a receipt, a tracking order, nothing and judging from the comments other people have left I will neither recieve the dress I ordered. I have emailed them every day since and called 4 times but have had no luck whatsoever.

The website looks so official and reassuring to a nervous internet buyer like myself and I am so so dissapointed and annoyed with myself that I have been scammed by these terriable people! It will make me think twice before buying anything online again. I cant believe it!

Is there anything anyone can suggest to do about this terriable, terriable scam? Surely this cannot keep happening to people??!!!

• Gi
    Gina May 27, 2008

Ordered on 12th May and paid extra for courier delivery as dress was needed for a special occasion. It is now 27th May and no dress has arrived. Company does not respond to my emails and customer services number is a voice mail. Despite numerous attempts to get in contact with the company, they have failed to respond. Now suspect this is an illegal website and would strongly advice potential customers not place any orders with them. I have reported this to my bank who are investigating whether they can take any action as it is a non UK company.

• Ki
    Kim Jackson Sep 12, 2008

I reorted this company to Google 12mths ago.
    I never heard any thing back from them & nothing was ever done to stop this company.
    I did receive the dress I ordered 6 weeks later.

Designer Brand Outlet — Non delivery on goods!

Ordered a dress and paid for 3 day shipping got order confirmation from company with tracking number. The...

Designer Brand Outlet — Unreceived goods

This company is a scam. Ordered a dress over a month ago, guaranteeing a four day delivery and still have...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices