SiteSell.com Complaints & Reviews

SiteSell.comDid cancel my account during trial period, still charging my card

They offered me a 90 day trial with full refund option. I requested refund during the 90 days. They emailed me a cancelation confirmation. HOWEVER, they still charged my card the next month and have not yet refunded my money. (they may still do this they have a 5 day policy), however, they should have never charged my card again.

I spoke to one of their reps, Paul. When I tried to resolve this over the phone, he refused and told me I have to email them. I have emailed several times and received no response. Paul got rude. I explained that I am going to have to file a complaint with the BBB. He said "go ahead".

They are obviously in this for their own profit and not to help people. Also, be careful... their software is lacking in many!!! areas.

Comment Guidelines

9 Responses
    • Mo
      moodiesfan May 22, 2014

I have dealt with SiteSell for many years, and have not had the problem which you describe. I asked for a refund on one occasion; initially (owing to a misunderstanding) I received back only half what I had paid by monthly instalments, but when I brought the error to SiteSell's attention the remainder was swiftly refunded.

• Yo
      yonica May 15, 2013

I tried to contact them and request refund during the 90 days, however there is no feedback whatsoever.

Is there any way I can get my refund?

DeniseTaylor2 Apr 24, 2012

Hi Edwin

Since you posted multiple times, the reply to this matter can be found here:
      Site sell.com — Scam

• Ed
      Edwin power Apr 20, 2012

They have been taking money from me via my credit card for a year after I complained and tried to get them to stop. Credit card company can't help unless I change card number, which means big hassles redoing debits.they have no moral fiber!
      Edwin Power

DeniseTaylor2 Apr 09, 2012

Dear Jents

As I said earlier, SiteSell is a legitimate, ethical company. We do not wish to keep anyone on a list that does not wish to be there -- and we take spam very seriously.

I have investigated further and in order to get this resolved quickly, request that you use the form here: http://question.sitesell.com

Be sure to enter the exact email address you used when you asked your original question. (It is the one through which you are receiving the emails.) Ask to be removed from the mailing list.

Please also provide the URL of this post so the matter can be quickly and fully resolved.

• Je
      Jents Apr 03, 2012

I am NOT an affiliate. I simply asked a question via email one time. I have followed the opt-out process every single time I got SiteSell spam for three years, and even sent direct emails to remove me from ALL correspondence. Truly shameful of SiteSell!

Denise, how do you know that I am an "affiliate"? Where are you getting this information?

DeniseTaylor2 Apr 03, 2012

Hi Jents

I'm sorry, but neither SiteSell, or SBI!, or Site Build It! are scams. We are a legitimate, ethical company.

The trouble you are having with the emails is due to your affiliate status. If you are a SiteSell affiliate, you are opted in to receive email.

The opt-out procedure is clearly designated at the bottom of each and every email you receive, which is a weekly ezine. The methods you describe are ineffective because those are outgoing email addresses only. Your emails are going to noone.

Please use the proper procedure to get yourself off the list. We have no intention on keeping people on our list who don't want to be there.

Best of luck to you!

• Je
      Jents Mar 31, 2012

Sitesell, sitesell.com, SBI, Site Build It (whatever they choose to called): I know this industry well and this is a masked scam. Masked in that it is legal, and only morally a scam (happy to expand on this).

Regardless, it is blatant SPAM, on the internet and in your inbox. For three years they have directly spammed my personal inbox from @sitesell.com emails. Every single time I replied with "UNSUBSCRIBE" as they claimed this removed you from their list. I also sent direct emails explaining that I did this several times and am still being spammed. It continues to this day. I have NO respect for SBI/sitesell as they have none for me.

Please, try to find their illustrious accreditation on BBB.org. I went there to file a complaint against them and they are either not registered, or are very well-hidden.

DeniseTaylor2 Mar 17, 2012

Hi ssh2

Denise Taylor, from SiteSell Answers here.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. I assure you, SiteSell has a stellar reputation and honors its unconditional guarantee. Your situation was quite likely an error.

I cannot determine your exact identity from the post here. However, I have taken the liberty of investigating the matter. I believe we were able to determine who you are from the details you have described. We are handling your matter on an urgent basis.

Since we are posting on a public website and it would be inappropriate to ask you for your private details, please contact support through the email address you used previously if you do not receive a prompt resolution to your situation.

You can provide support with the URL of this post and I can assist them by providing the details of my investigation.

If an error has occurred, we will remedy the situation.

SiteSell Answers

SiteSell.com — Online scam!

Signed up for their 30 day trial with a money back guarantee. According to the receipt they sent me, a...