ShockWave Complaints & Reviews

ShockWaveGame problem

I called the above number of [protected]...which shows "Instant Flash Technical Support" when you open the link...and asked if the tech could help me with a game I purchased that wasn't working right. He said "yes" he could. Then he proceeded to have me type in a command so he could take over my computer to see what was the problem. He then began telling me of all the things that showed that were wrong and for over $250 I could have a tech fix the problems. When I said I could not begin to afford that, he had me hold and came up with another option that would "only cost" about $150 I could have someone "take over my computer" as he was doing and fix it.When I told him "nothing personal" but this is just a little game giving me problems and I have absolutely nothing else with any problems on my computer and why would I have to go through all of that. Then when I also said "nothing personal" but I don't know you and don't know if this all is necessary and have no way of knowing if I REALLY needed all of that. Then I also asked him "are you a salesman or a real technician?"...I heard a buzzing sound. HE HUNG UP ON ME!!!What on earth?? Has anyone else had any similar thing happen? I'm just curious and was so put back by this I just had to vent someplace. How RUDE was that??!!!

J

ShockWave — Scam and lies

My girlfriend bought Tradewinds, the disc, from Shockwave last year and it wouldn't work, though we have...