Shape Magazine Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Shape MagazineUnwanted phone calls

I posted an ad to complain about my service to shape magazine on your job board on september 21, 2008. i mistakenly put my home phone number unaware that it would be on public display for all to see. I have now received two phone calls from people asking if this is shape magazine.

Please, please, do not, i repeat do not call [protected] as this is not shape magazines phone number!!! If you are having problems with your subscription go through their official website at www.shape.com and email their support or help desk. They should be able to help you there.

ls
winnipeg

Resolved Shape MagazineNot receiving issues

HI, I've ordered Shape Magazine twice this year. How stupid was I! I have ordered Shape Magazine once through an organization called PCH - Publishers Clearing House. They are an organization that has runs sweepstakes throughout North America and also send relentless fliers about discount products like mags. Well, I ordered Shape magazine through them for $14.99 for 12 issues back on April 9, 2008 and have yet to receive one issue of the Shape magazine. I called them twice and they said that it should have gone out, both on June 16 and July 28 and they said they reset the order and that it should arrive in a few weeks and so far nothing!! Then stupid me, I get fed up and say heh maybe I should just order it directly online from the SHAPE website as I figured maybe the order got lost. And because I like the mag and see it on the stands and want to buy it I decided to pay for a 12 month subscription on July 22, 2008 and paid on my Visa $29.99. BUT STILL NO SHAPE MAG!! It is now September 22, 2008 and I know it takes 4 - 6 weeks to deliver. But then when I contacted them on Sept, 2 they said that the address I gave was undeliverable and that to give them the correct one and they would contact their customer service. I contacted again via E-mail on Sept. 8 saying I wanted an answer or a refund and finally got a reply September 21 telling me that they got the message from the US post office saying that my address was undeliverable and that they would resume my subscription and extend it and that I should start to receive the Shape mag starting with the December 2008 issue. Thats 2 months away!! I want my refund not this damn magazine that never bothers to come and always says it is but it will take 4 to 6 weeks. I think Ive paid enough and waited long enough!! DO NOT ORDER SHAPE MAGAZINE ONLINE OR THROUGH PCH UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE VERY DISAPPOINTED!! Heck Oprahs O Mag is online for FREE!!

SHAPE SUCKS!!
LS

Shape MagazineVideo ripoff!

Shape magazine sent an UNSOLICITED workout video to me and told me that I had to pay them $10 or return it. They also said that they will be sending additional videos that I have to pay for. I am calling them today to cancel my subscription because of this reprehensible marketing gimmick.

Beware people!

• Ds
    D.S. Himes Nov 06, 2007

Yes, I received the same DVD. The letter which came with it said you could keep the DVD and NOT pay for it, since it was unsolicited. Or, if you wished, you could pay for it if you chose, or return it.

Just a few days ago, I received a note/bill from them requesting that I either return the DVD or pay for it.

I was debating on whether or not to keep my Shape subscription, but this has helped me to decide to discontinue my subscription. I have been a subscriber to their magazine for close to, if not, 20 years...

Andrew Williams Jan 17, 2008

They sent me a renewal notice that threatened sending my account to a collection agency. Note..this was for a renewal!
    I also received the video with a letter stating I would be charged if I did'nt fill out the form and return it. Warning to all..research the web before subscribing to any magazine...many use these dishonest tatics. The world is full of cheating garbage people.

• Gi
    Ginger Savino Jan 24, 2008

They sent me the same DVD, and now they keep sending me letters asking me to return the DVD or pay for it.

I sent them an email asking them to stop harassing me. Yesterday, I received yet another letter asking me to pay or return the DVD!!!